Amazon Video Game Lightning Deals All Day TODAY - Wolfenstein $40/$30 DotD

[quote name='choral_music']I'm partly to blame, and I do apologize. I didn't realize that CAGs would have such a dynamically fluctuating sense of conscience. But then again, I should've known - and I don't care either way.

So there. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'll support you. It's not like this thread is alive with a ton of discussion, anyway! You guys are just keeping it on the front page.

Why all the b*tching? Don't read his comments and their replies if you don't care. Jeez... I hate people who cry foul at the first sign of a philosophical debate on right and wrong... :bomb: Especially since their debate directly relates to consequences that will affect all CAG users!

[quote name='wynams']ick ... Plants v Zombies PC[/QUOTE]

ick? Plants vs. Zombies is an awesome game, I highly recommend it, its definitely one of my favorite games this year and worth 12 bucks. Probably my favorite tower defense game.

[quote name='iodin']Plants vs Zombies is $9.99 on Steam...[/QUOTE]

eh, I have it on mac didn't know but nonetheless great game.

[quote name='iodin']Plants vs Zombies is $9.99 on Steam...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, was just checking that myself. Price you pay for a physical copy I guess. . .

[quote name='gettinmoney662']bvharris is just mad that he didn't generate an old ECA code.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to take your bait, I'll just say that I have plenty of old ECA codes tied up in existing pre-orders that I could have used for this.

What irks me is people gaming a system which is beneficial to many other CAGs and which has, in the past, been shown to be less than stable. We've already seen that these codes expire, and it's certainly within Amazon's right to not renew them if they so please. I would assume people exploiting a glitch would make them more likely to do so, not less.

It's essentially the tragedy of the commons. If someone wants to pursue their own self-interest at the potential expense of the community, it's their right. But don't come gloat about it to those same people who are using the system as it was intended.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm not going to take your bait, I'll just say that I have plenty of old ECA codes tied up in existing pre-orders that I could have used for this.

What irks me is people gaming a system which is beneficial to many other CAGs and which has, in the past, been shown to be less than stable. We've already seen that these codes expire, and it's certainly within Amazon's right to not renew them if they so please. I would assume people exploiting a glitch would make them more likely to do so, not less.

It's essentially the tragedy of the commons. If someone wants to pursue their own self-interest at the potential expense of the community, it's their right. But don't come gloat about it to those same people who are using the system as it was intended.[/QUOTE]
Fixed

[quote name='handsomepete']
Now then, I like the fact that I got Silent Hill for about $13. I've never played a Silent Hill game. Will I enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, functional, but lacking. The ambiance, atmosphere and general level of creepiness sailed ship when developers changed from japan to america. If you like the game, I heartily recommend the first three games.

[quote name='bvharris']What irks me is people gaming a system which is beneficial to many other CAGs and which has, in the past, been shown to be less than stable. We've already seen that these codes expire, and it's certainly within Amazon's right to not renew them if they so please. I would assume people exploiting a glitch would make them more likely to do so, not less.[/QUOTE]

I don't get that reasoning. They'd discontinue the codes, that they've had going for months and months and continue to support, because of one snafu? Remember, whenever the codes do run out or expire, amazon could stop it then, they still have not and by reports have made this latest batch the biggest number of codes yet. So then suddenly they'd stop the codes instead of, you know, try to fix it on their end or something? I don't care if you think it's wrong, that's fine, but that argument seems flawed at best.

Once Amazon switches over to the user-unique codes like they are supposed to it will fix all of the issues. The only problem is they have to set up a system to tie Amazon and ECA accounts then. I myself use a different email address for each, which is problem the problem they are trying to solve right now. Also, from reports I have heard Amazon's staff can't really distinguish between ECA and any other promos/gold box without doing legwork that they are not going to be willing to spend the money to do.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I'm guessing Zombies is going to be related to RE 5, Left 4 Dead, or Dead Rising. Could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

pluto wins!!!

you can get plants vs zombies for 9.99 on direct 2 drive so its not a deal

Now the only question is whether the 10pm deal will be the Slimer edition of Ghostbusters and whether it will be PS3 or 360.

[quote name='Vortextk']
I don't get that reasoning. They'd discontinue the codes, that they've had going for months and months and continue to support, because of one snafu? Remember, whenever the codes do run out or expire, amazon could stop it then, they still have not and by reports have made this latest batch the biggest number of codes yet. So then suddenly they'd stop the codes instead of, you know, try to fix it on their end or something? I don't care if you think it's wrong, that's fine, but that argument seems flawed at best.[/QUOTE]

I think probably you just didn't understand what I was saying. That's fine. If you'd read my posts in the thread you'd see that I don't think it's likely that Amazon would do anything about it. I'm extremely confident they won't. My point was, and is, that it's a matter of principle. Yes, Amazon probably won't discontinue codes over something which in the grand scheme of things is very minor. But not every glitch people exploit is minor, and not every retailer has the ability of Amazon to absorb the loss of profit. If it's accepted that people can game the system whenever they want, eventually that will lead to a situation where a retailer does pull the plug on a program because of it. And if that happens, even the people who weren't acting in their own selfish interest would be harmed by it. I've not demanded that anyone stop double dipping ECA codes, people can do whatever they want. My point is that gloating about what great "deals" they're getting seems a little much, and is irksome to some who choose to play by the rules.

If you went to a store and you paid with a $10 and they gave you change for a $20 by mistake, you might very well keep it rationalizing it as "hey, they screwed up, not me." That doesn't make it right.

[quote name='Josef']Now the only question is whether the 10pm deal will be the Slimer edition of Ghostbusters and whether it will be PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

If it is ghostbusters slimer edition I would say it will be ps3, since just a few days ago or within the past week they had the 360 version for 50.........but i think itll be regular edition

[quote name='bvharris'] If you went to a store and you paid with a $10 and they gave you change for a $20 by mistake, you might very well keep it rationalizing it as "hey, they screwed up, not me." That doesn't make it right.[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me I'm reading your posts wrong, that's just pretentious without responding to anything.

On this site? If a store was selling a game for 10 bucks but came with an erroneous gift card for 20$ off, everyone would be jumping all over it. Many posted "deals" are just mistakes by companies, everyone takes advantage of them as much as they can while anything like actual fraud/scams are taken care of by members and mods. Having problems with the codes seems that you have a problem with a lot of the deals here, I don't think you do though and I just don't see the difference anyway.

[quote name='Vortextk']Don't tell me I'm reading your posts wrong, that's just pretentious without responding to anything.
[/QUOTE]

I responded to your points. I said repeatedly that I didn't think Amazon was going to do anything about it. Since the crux of your point was saying that my argument was "flawed as best" (certainly the opposite of pretension by your own standard, right?) based on the incorrect assumption that I thought Amazon was about to lay down the law, I'd say my conclusion was spot on.

[quote name='Josef']Now the only question is whether the 10pm deal will be the Slimer edition of Ghostbusters and whether it will be PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

PS3 Slimer Edition for $49.98

Not surprising! :p

[quote name='bvharris']What all comes with this?[/QUOTE]

The extras are kind of meh.

On another note the 360 version was already a lightning deal the other day...

This thing even worth $50 or $45 after ECA. Seems like its nothing special and i might as well wait for the normal edition to drop in price.

[quote name='Layd Dly']This thing even worth $50 or $45 after ECA. Seems like its nothing special and i might as well wait for the normal edition to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

You get $9 off with ECA.

Game isn't worth buying for 50$, unless you really, really want the extras. It's super fun, but you can play it start to finish in 5-6 hours max and there isn't much replay value.

Nice, I'm getting this only because I got the dual ECA codes working. Hopefully I can sell the extras on eBay and bring the cost of the game down even more.

Ended up costing me $31.98 total, wooo!

Heh, I was thinking about this, going to check if the ECA was $5 or $9 dollars (it's $9), hit enter to apply the code... oops, placed order too. Guess I wanted it subconsciously.

[quote name='YawnAmuroYawn']Instead of wasting time arguing ethics with the various members on the site who actually contribute useful information why don't you click this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

and scroll down to where it says PRODUCT DESCRIPTION. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I particularly appreciated how polite you were. Seriously, you don't know thing one about what I contribute, and I've every right to express my opinion. I think its fabulous that you've decided to be a jackass to me for advocating not exploiting promotions. Class act, you.

Well with double ECA and ODST $15 credits i got it for $16.98 Shipped. Guess i cant complain about that. Wanted to save the $15 for something newer but this was a pretty good deal.

[quote name='62t']damn i dont know if i should jump on this or wait for a deal on the xbox version later on on[/QUOTE]

Unlikely since

[quote name='sabanoo']
On another note the 360 version was already a lightning deal the other day... [/QUOTE]

Items: $89.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$9.00
Promotion Applied: -$9.00
Lightning Deal: -$40.01

Total Before Tax: $21.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $21.98

can't complain gonna trade in my free copy from gamestop buy 2 get 1 now for 25.00....

Subtotal of Items: $89.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Promotion Applied: -$9.00 Lightning Deal: -$40.01 ------ Total for this Order: $40.98
Cheaper than regular version, so what the heck. Might just try and sell the collector goodies and get it cheaper like someone else mentioned.

[quote name='Jodou']Now that's just nasty LOL![/QUOTE]

Nasty and tampons, want to see something nasty, look up "The Keeper" and it's uses for women on the menstrual cycle.

bread's done
Back