Amazon Warehouse Deals -- Penny Deals Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='skiizim']lol.... I can't help but laugh to imagine all the pm's some of these guys received.[/QUOTE]
I Always imagine majority of the people who saw the pics. began with loud foul mouthed profanity and it quickly ended in a minute or two after seeing it with PM sent hoping to get in on the cheap.

[quote name='skiizim']I just had to laugh, your basically a lurker bugging people for games and you complain about not having feedback.

P.S. Bulletstorm trades in for $15.40 at BB after trade and promotions.

I scored almost $650 today in BB credit. >_<

Thanks for pointing the deal out Donkey132, I owe you a beer![/QUOTE]

Yeah how dare me try to get deals on CHEAP ASS GAMER. Ya know because the name doesn't imply trying to save cash. Also forgive me for not knowing trade in values for every game at every store.

People like you are turning this place into a horrible place. Donkey on the other hand I have the utmost respect for. He gets the whole "helping others" concept you clearly lack.

Also I never once complained about having no feedback, hell I even said I understood why some CAGs would be ignored because of it.

Just because I don't post 100 times a day doesn't mean I'm some random d-bag trying to rip people off.

As I said earlier in the thread (to everyone), congrats on getting in on the deal, and you scored big time at BB, but no reason to act like a dick/smug about it.

[quote name='skiizim']I just had to laugh, your basically a lurker bugging people for games and you complain about not having feedback.

P.S. Bulletstorm trades in for $15.40 at BB after trade and promotions.
[/QUOTE]

While this is true, every place has a limit to the amount of copies you can trade in. With 50 copies of so-and-so game, unless you feel like saturating Amazon or eBay with lower prices, it can be a littler harder to turn a larger profit.

I'm glad people got their games, and i'm jealous I had just woken up as it ended. The only problem I see with any of this is that if I see any of these games on someone's list, i'll probably think 'They got that for a penny, why should I give them the approximate used value from (retailer)? F that.'

[quote name='MacaqueOwnzU']Yeah how dare me try to get deals on CHEAP ASS GAMER. Ya know because the name doesn't imply trying to save cash. Also forgive me for not knowing trade in values for every game at every store.

People like you are turning this place into a horrible place. Donkey on the other hand I have the utmost respect for. He gets the whole "helping others" concept you clearly lack.

As I said earlier in the thread (to everyone), congrats on getting in on the deal, and you scored big time at BB, but no reason to act like a dick/smug about it.[/QUOTE]
You know how many times I've seen others preach about "helping others" on here while in reality they're probably eBaying anything they find from the deals on here? A ton.

Same goes for the people(largely newbies) preaching to me about how this is CHEAPassgamer and how dare I want market value for something I most likely(in their opinion anyway) got cheaper. How do you KNOW I got X or Y item cheaper? Were you there when I bought them? If not, then shut the fuck up and either pay what I list as my price or get lost. Simple as that.

I've helped people on here before, but I only help REASONABLE people who actually take the time to be civil and don't immediately make their DEMANDS known in their first PM to me. If you're gonna be a demanding jerkwad in the first PM to me, then that shows that you have ZERO respect for me or anyone else here and you just want the deal(s) you missed out on without having to do any of the work to get them.
[quote name='Interfeci']The only problem I see with any of this is that if I see any of these games on someone's list, i'll probably think 'They got that for a penny, why should I give them the approximate used value from (retailer)? F that.'[/QUOTE]
As I said above, people just automatically ASSume you bought the games/items for the lowest possible price and don't even think that you may have paid more than the lowest price listed on here in the last 30 days.

I myself have made that mistake before. I admit it. Then I apologized as contrary to popular belief on here I actually am not outspoken 100% of the time and I do know when to admit I was wrong.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know how many times I've seen others preach about "helping others" on here while in reality they're probably eBaying anything they find from the deals on here? A ton.

Same goes for the people(largely newbies) preaching to me about how this is CHEAPassgamer and how dare I want market value for something I most likely(in their opinion anyway) got cheaper. How do you KNOW I got X or Y item cheaper? Were you there when I bought them? If not, then shut the fuck up and either pay what I list as my price or get lost. Simple as that.

I've helped people on here before, but I only help REASONABLE people who actually take the time to be civil and don't immediately make their DEMANDS known in their first PM to me. If you're gonna be a demanding jerkwad in the first PM to me, then that shows that you have ZERO respect for me or anyone else here and you just want the deal(s) you missed out on without having to do any of the work to get them.

As I said above, people just automatically ASSume you bought the games/items for the lowest possible price and don't even think that you may have paid more than the lowest price listed on here in the last 30 days.

I myself have made that mistake before. I admit it. Then I apologized as contrary to popular belief on here I actually am not outspoken 100% of the time and I do know when to admit I was wrong.[/QUOTE]
Well put. For the people that couldnt get on this deal, if they had and got all the games, they would probably sell/flip it for profit. Its human natural.
So what if a deal came and pass, there is always other deals out there and
im wondering, how do people play with a huge backlog?

[quote name='The Punisher']Well put. For the people that couldnt get on this deal, if they had and got all the games, they would probably sell/flip it for profit. Its human natural.
im wondering, how do people play with a huge backlog?[/QUOTE]

When I originally ordered, I ordered mostly 3 of each copy few more of others I knew I could give away easily but then I saw the TIV @ Best Buy and said to myself "fuck my friends they don't really need it they could borrow my copy if they want." I was really in shock by how much I got back from BB and wished I had more. >_<

lol@MacaqueOwnzU, I've helped out plenty of people and even charged the exact price I payed for and have even lost money a few times. A lot of them might be very thankful but you get a lot of people that are the complete opposite. Be very thankful if Donkey132 did help you out because I would have ignored you, 50 post in 2 1/2 years? What are you really here for? You come out of the wood works when something like this comes around and start to preach the cheapassgamer way? GTFO!

wha?? I just noticed thsi thread today where do I start? can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can do this or did i miss a sale?

[quote name='skiizim']When I originally ordered, I ordered mostly 3 of each copy few more of others I knew I could give away easily but then I saw the TIV @ Best Buy and said to myself "fuck my friends they don't really need it they could borrow my copy if they want." I was really in shock by how much I got back from BB and wished I had more. >_<

lol@MacaqueOwnzU, I've helped out plenty of people and even charged the exact price I payed for and have even lost money a few times. A lot of them might be very thankful but you get a lot of people that are the complete opposite. Be very thankful if Donkey132 did help you out because I would have ignored you, 50 post in 2 1/2 years? What are you really here for? You come out of the wood works when something like this comes around and start to preach the cheapassgamer way? GTFO![/QUOTE]

I normally don't post because I just don't want to. Because my post count is low I'm some shark? I've checked stuff on here daily since I joined, I don't have to post. I don't come out of the wood work whenever something like this happens, I just thought to myself, hey I'm seeing people with 45+ copies of one game, so I PM them asking if they are thinking of getting rid of them or not on here.

I don't understand how dumb the internet community can be, I mean, really, because I don't post often I'm some random d-bag that only comes out for sweet deals? Yeah, my bad for not averaging 20 posts a day. I still can't wrap my head around why that matters. Espescially because I've never been disrespectful to anyone on here (through PM or posts) yet when I try to get some deals on games that other CAGs got for amazing prices, I'm vilified.

@CheapestGamer - I 100% agree with everything you said, with that being said, the whole people offering lower then market price, it's called haggling man, it's what your supposed to do (just ask the guys from Pawn Stars ;).) Offer a low price, seller sets a higher one, and then meet in the middle (or close to it)

[quote name='MacaqueOwnzU']@CheapestGamer - I 100% agree with everything you said, with that being said, the whole people offering lower then market price, it's called haggling man, it's what your supposed to do (just ask the guys from Pawn Stars ;).) Offer a low price, seller sets a higher one, and then meet in the middle (or close to it)[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing though. I usually set my price I wanna sell at at what I wanna get out of the item and I'm pretty firm on it.:booty: I understand people wanting to get a better price and all, but 90% of the time I'm just looking for someone who just wants what I got and saw my price and went 'wow that's a decent price'.;)

Can't say that hasn't happened to me before either since I have a ton of feedback on here, so I must be doing something right to have had so many deals with other members here.:D

[quote name='The Punisher']Well put. For the people that couldnt get on this deal, if they had and got all the games, they would probably sell/flip it for profit. Its human natural.
im wondering, how do people play with a huge backlog?[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I haven't been playing through my backlog and I keep adding to it.:whistle2:#:cry:

When I first joined CAG and I started getting some of these insane deals, I'll admit that I felt like I didn't want to miss a single deal. Are there times when I get jealous of other folks getting a deal I missed out on(this deal, $20 God Of War 3 Ultimate from TRU)? Damn right. But I get over it and I realize that no one on here owes me anything.

Plus there's always the next big deal to come that I may get in on, so that's why it's not worth getting so worked up over missing ONE deal.:razz:
[quote name='MacaqueOwnzU']@CheapestGamer - I 100% agree with everything you said, with that being said, the whole people offering lower then market price, it's called haggling man, it's what your supposed to do (just ask the guys from Pawn Stars ;).) Offer a low price, seller sets a higher one, and then meet in the middle (or close to it)[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing and what I was trying to touch on. I have no problems taking a few bucks off my listed prices in many cases. Although some items I've posted at my exact selling price that I want.

The main problem I have is if I list something for $15 and someone only wants to give me $5 SHIPPED for it and they're as firm as I am then it's a no win situation for anyone there. I totally understand the haggling thing, but some folks just a tad bit unreasonable with their lowballing at times.:cry:

[quote name='godsmack13']After 1 of my packages was delayed a day, cuz ups sent it out for delivery in the wrong state, finally got all mine.

21et5lc.jpg

I think something else hitched a ride in the box :shock: :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

i buy the cat for a penny :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the thing though. I haven't been playing through my backlog and I keep adding to it.:whistle2:#:cry:

When I first joined CAG and I started getting some of these insane deals, I'll admit that I felt like I didn't want to miss a single deal. Are there times when I get jealous of other folks getting a deal I missed out on(this deal, $20 God Of War 3 Ultimate from TRU)? Damn right. But I get over it and I realize that no one on here owes me anything[/QUOTE]

I still have 4 gow3 ultimates sitting collecting dust that I keep meaning to sell lol

[quote name='Donkey132']I still have 4 gow3 ultimates sitting collecting dust that I keep meaning to sell lol[/QUOTE]

Ha, I remember that deal. Good times, good times. I can't believe you managed to snag 4 of em though.

I don't care if you disagree or flame me for it, but I think a lot of you guys are pretty low for ordering all of these copies just to make a profit and then have the audacity to complain if a cheap order through a computer glitch gets cancelled, especially since you're most likely just going to flip them. I'd be thankful just to get ONE game at that price, even at $5 or $10.

Seriously, a bunch of you are really ungrateful.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I don't care if you disagree or flame me for it, but I think a lot of you guys are pretty low for ordering all of these copies just to make a profit and then have the audacity to complain if a cheap order through a computer glitch gets cancelled, especially since you're most likely just going to flip them. I'd be thankful just to get ONE game at that price, even at $5 or $10.

Seriously, a bunch of you are really ungrateful.[/QUOTE]
Im grateful. CAG is great and hoping this doesnt turn into that slickdeals.

Is everyone that got 10+ copies consider gaming whores? Lol.

I think im becoming that since i havent play half the games i got from past deals, but when games are like $10 or less, it goes to my collection. :)
I mean Fallout nv during BB for $10...cant pass it up since its new and not used.

This thread needs a logo:

HotWings-1.jpg

Also: I don't know who has what, but I've got $12 PP for a copy of AssCreedBroHood360. PM me if you've got a spare. (Sorry mods, I could easily stick to private PMs if I was looking for a copy of Killzone3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Received two copies of Crysis (one was brand new). Happy with the deal, but would have bought more. I was thinking that ordering too many would get the order flagged.

I wonder where all of the haters are at that said no one will get anything.... :)

[quote name='Donkey132']I still have 4 gow3 ultimates sitting collecting dust that I keep meaning to sell lol[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that. The vouchers for all of the :puke: digital download extras :puke: expired a while ago, if I remember correctly.

Hopefully Sony will still honor them though and not just say too bad to anyone trying to use those codes.
[quote name='cynicalaa22']I don't care if you disagree or flame me for it, but I think a lot of you guys are pretty low for ordering all of these copies just to make a profit and then have the audacity to complain if a cheap order through a computer glitch gets cancelled, especially since you're most likely just going to flip them. I'd be thankful just to get ONE game at that price, even at $5 or $10.

Seriously, a bunch of you are really ungrateful.[/QUOTE]
Actually if I got my hands on any of these I woulda hooked up my friends first and foremost, kept some for myself and then asked the CAG's I've already dealt with before who were nice if they wanted any.

If not, THEN I mighta flipped a few. But most of the games from this glitch aren't worth bupkiss without a promo to stack with them. Plus many places(Amazon, Best Buy) have instituted limits on what you can trade per game per year anymore.

But honestly, the sour grapes thing is unbecoming. There's always the next deal if ya miss out on a current deal.

[quote name='Trance Addix']
I wonder where all of the haters are at that said no one will get anything.... :)[/QUOTE]

I was more mad about their orders moving around on Sunday and Monday, but my order I placed on Thursday(not penny games), didn't do anything until Tuesday. I also have prime. :(

Hell, I'm still waiting on an order from the Tuesday before this all went down, with prime also. But it supposedly left the warehouse that Wednesday. Thanks UPS! :applause: ugh

Umm. This is awesome. Well not for me because I didn't know about it. Anyone mind explicating how games were sold for a penny?

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']Umm. This is awesome. Well not for me because I didn't know about it. Anyone mind explicating how games were sold for a penny?[/QUOTE]

It was a glitch on amazon. Some CAG here got games for $0.01 each.

Well, this topic had me saying "are you fucking kidding me?" aloud more times than any other thread in the history of CAG. Congratulations, I hate you.

Sorry for a silly question, but I totally missed this freakishly awesome deal.

So was it a price error of some sort or why was amazon dumping games for penny?

Thanks!!

This deal had to be the best I have seen in a couple of years.... envy....

Yeah, I'll be honest, I hadn't heard about the penny deals thing either. How exactly does it work/happen/whatever?

So when the error occurs, what, does the whole main video games warehouse page just list everything with $0.01 as the lowest price?

[quote name='Jurassic425']How do I ALWAYS miss out on stuff like this??!! Was there a thread about it?[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yes, the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread. There were too many butthurt people complaining, etc so Poker decided to bring the penny "deals" discussion to the proper section. A mod closed the old thread because it was time to do so and because of the butthurt people.

Wow, that's a lot of Killzones 3s. I should have ordered more than the ones I got.

I still managed to get a huge load of them, but not that many.

All of them belong to Best Buy now. Gotta love that 50% TIV bonus.

i cant belive this happen a month ago just seems like a few weeks back

end up with around 8 games i think

ended up with
around 100 best buy gift card
1000 goozex points
and still have
1x dragon age and 1x new vegas still tryin to dump.. maybe back to best buy later

Best investment I ever did, 15 visa cards for $1.28, beat the $15 prestige blops sale by far. Still have a few left for the next 50% promo but don't even care if their tiv tank.

I'm gonna be the n00b here and ask where you all are finding all these penny deals? I don't even know where to start.

happened a while back, there was a pricing mistake on amazon and everyone bought q32089493829423432 copies :p , some shipped, some didn't.

i am still jelly i missed out on this, but awesome for those that got it B^)

[quote name='tea_green']I'm gonna be the n00b here and ask where you all are finding all these penny deals? I don't even know where to start.[/QUOTE]

If you looked a few posts above yours you would've seen that it was a pricing error on Amazon Warehouse Deals that happened about a month ago. This isn't a normal thing but it got CAGers pretty heated because a lot of people ordered multiple copies. So some people ended up getting 7 copies of one game for 7 cents while others missed out because they went out of stock.

I missed the deal entirely so I'm not really bitter about anything lol.

[quote name='martyback']If you looked a few posts above yours you would've seen that it was a pricing error on Amazon Warehouse Deals that happened about a month ago. This isn't a normal thing but it got CAGers pretty heated because a lot of people ordered multiple copies. So some people ended up getting 7 copies of one game for 7 cents while others missed out because they went out of stock.

I missed the deal entirely so I'm not really bitter about anything lol.[/QUOTE]

This is not the whole story. Some of us placed orders that got cancelled. I had ordered 8 different games 1 copy of each, but only got 1 of my orders. The reason people are heated is because our orders got cancelled to fulfill multiple copy orders.

[quote name='Donkey132']For the record it wasn't poker that noticed the penny games, it was me. Also I traded most of the stuff I got to best buy for $450 which I bought amazon gcs with so money is going back to amazon in the end lol. I still have some Crysis and New Vegas left which I will be trading/selling to other cags.[/QUOTE]

Which forum did you post the sighting of this amazing deal? If it was the Video Game Deals section, I'll have to keep a watchful eye out for "penny" now, haha.

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

[quote name='htown01']:lol: Yes, the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread. There were too many butthurt people complaining, etc so Poker decided to bring the penny "deals" discussion to the proper section. A mod closed the old thread because it was time to do so and because of the butthurt people.[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to pay somebody, or buy their load of games if they would text me whenever they encountered one of these deals.

It may not be much, but I am a man of my word. If anyone here wants to trade numbers, so we can text one another whenever one of us finds a deal like this, I'd really be up for it. If anyone is into it, you can just post on my profile and we'll PM numbers. I'd even be willing to order some on the side for the guys who missed out on this who was in the texting thing, afterall, the games are ONE cent. With prices that low, we can afford to help each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back