Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread III - For Penny Deals Discussion go to BRAGGING RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Wiki Section:
(Please post good deals you find here - The goal is to try and make this area a section people can frequently check, rather than having to browse that last few pages for deals that the community has posted. Feel free to post a deal you find as a reply, but I would appreciate if you could post here as well.)

Consoles:
:360: Xbox 360:

:ps3: PS3

:wii: Wii

:pc:PC

Handhelds:

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

:ds: Nintendo DS

:psp: PSP

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Nintendo 3DS Links:

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue

Browse Games by Console:

Nintendo 3DS

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jling84']Ah I see, I wish I had known. So there's no chance that the disc coming will not be resurfaced if it's PS1? I think I can still cancel my order. I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of making a return.[/QUOTE]

There is pretty much no chance it will not be resurfaced. Personally I prefer resurfaced discs over discs with scratches. With long out of production PS1 games it will be very difficult to find discs in mint condition that have not been resurfaced.

If you are just concerned with playability I would not cancel because it is very unlikely you'd have any trouble with the disc.

If you are more of a collector and very concerned with the visual appearance of the discs you may want to go ahead and cancel if you are still able. PS1 discs definitely show signs of resurfacing more so than other discs and they don't polish them up much. Under regular 60 watt light bulbs most of the discs look perfect. But if you look at them under better lighting you can usually easily tell they have been resurfaced.

Personally I resurface PS1 discs again after I get them with my own machine because I go the extra step of polishing them up and they turn out looking great. Still, I am pretty happy with the visual appearance of like 75% of the PS1 discs I receive. The other 25% of the time they don't do a great job and the bottom of the disc doesn't look as good, but it still works fine.

There is really no hassle at all involved with returns. The process could not be any easier. You just click return, select why you are returning, print out the label they provide, and drop it off.

[quote name='aem']There is pretty much no chance it will not be resurfaced. Personally I prefer resurfaced discs over discs with scratches. With long out of production PS1 it will be very difficult to find discs in mint condition that have not been resurfaced.

If you are just concerned with playability I would not cancel because it is very unlikely you'd have any trouble with the disc.

If you are more of a collector and very concerned with the visual appearance of the discs you may want to go ahead and cancel if you are still able. PS1 discs definitely show signs of resurfacing more so than other discs and they don't polish them up much. Under regular 60 watt light bulbs most of the discs look perfect. But if you look at them under better lighting you can usually easily tell they have been resurfaced.

Personally I resurface PS1 discs again after I get them with my own machine because I go the extra step of polishing them up and they turn out looking great. Still, I am pretty happy with the visual appearance of like 75% of the PS1 discs I receive. The other 25% of the time they don't do a great job and the bottom of the disc doesn't look as good, but it still works fine.

There is really no hassle at all involved with returns. The process could not be any easier. You just click return, select why you are returning, print out the label they provide, and drop it off.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to offer all of this information.

[quote name='aem']
[/QUOTE]

Is there a specific machine you use? I'm interested in resurfacing my own stuff as well.

I use the JFJ Easy Pro as anything better is way more expensive. I definitely recommend it for removing light scratches, but not so much for deeper scratches. I've had some problems using the sanding pads they provide for deeper scratches. The results on standard discs are great and make them look like new. PS1 and possibly colored PS2 discs don't turn out quite as good but still look great.

In case you decide you want a JFJ Easy Pro one huge tip is to make sure the cap that holds the disc down screws on properly. When I first got the machine some discs were getting minor cracks at the center until I discovered the cap wasn't always screwing on properly. Since I discovered this and make sure it does I've had not had any issues.

I also don't use the wipes they provide. They just seem to be too rough and can scratch the newly resurfaced disc. I just use regular tissues to wipe down the disc. There does tend to be an extremely light haze on the disc after I'm done but it is hardly noticeable. It just seems it takes a lot of pressure on the disc to completely get rid of the haze and that extra pressure tends to just make new scratches. But again this is mostly just a concern with PS1 discs which seem to have a weaker surface than normal discs.

I only bought this because I have a large number of discs to resurface. If you don't have too many you might be better off mailing them to Azuradisc who will do it for you. I was thinking about using this service myself but figured with the amount of discs I want done it would be cheaper to get the Easy Pro. So I can't speak from experience, but I've heard good things. They use very high quality machines and should be able to remove deep scratches with no problem. www.wefixcds.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks aem!

I'm definitely interested because I buy a lot of games that are on disc and music CDs as well. I appreciate all that info.

[quote name='wilflare']deals are getting less impressive[/QUOTE]

I agree. To many random deals, miss the days when you could find an arcade fightstick for 89.99 and current popular games for 40 bucks the next day it was released.

Yup. I used to check this site page like every 20min and see great deals posted, now once or twice a day and nothing. Damn AWD for raising their prices!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yup. I used to check this site page like every 20min and see great deals posted, now once or twice a day and nothing. Damn AWD for raising their prices![/QUOTE]

Yup, the deals are average to bad. I still check a lot but I hardly find anything worthwhile.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']What happened to the glory days of AWD? Quick question, is AWD run by a third party or is this all amazons own doing?[/QUOTE]

We used to get crazy mad deals. For example, around Thanksgiving when Kinects were selling for $250-300 a pop, I got one that was practically brand new for $97 on awd. One guy got a copy of Black Ops for 3.99. $150 fight sticks were around $75-80, and you could score games for $37-45 the day after release, 9 times out of 10 still sealed with a small blemish. Not to mention the cheap system prices, PS3s were between 170-220 and 360s were about 140 for an Arcade.

Now, their prices are only like a 5-10% discount at best, and it sucks. But it's ran by amazon, not a third party.

Strangely enough, when this became a wiki and was posted at slickdeals, the good deals stopped.

[quote name='mr_bungle']
Strangely enough, when this became a wiki and was posted at slickdeals, the good deals stopped.[/QUOTE]

So it goes. I just wish I scored a cheap PSP before the deals dried up.

Everyone seems to be moderately freaking out of the recent bad string of prices. Warehouse deals has done this before. The price cycle just goes in waves. Yeah it might be grim for a couple of months (I doubt it would even last that long), but prices will start to go down again just as they have in the past.

Just try to think of it this way. Your wallets probably need a much needed rest anyway.

[quote name='Phenomic']Everyone seems to be moderately freaking out of the recent bad string of prices. Warehouse deals has done this before. The price cycle just goes in waves. Yeah it might be grim for a couple of months (I doubt it would even last that long), but prices will start to go down again just as they have in the past.

Just try to think of it this way. Your wallets probably need a much needed rest anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the prices cycle. People will stop buying at higher prices, they will lower prices, people buy again, etc etc.

My wallet is thankful even if I'm disappointed.

[quote name='shadowknight203']Damn if I was out of my dorm already and had a Job I'd be all over this..lowest price I've seen for this in a while[/QUOTE]

NIS Store has sealed copies of the premium box for $60 shipped, no tax for most states.

I wouldn't order Neptune from Amazon, I doubt it'd come with the extras considering the premium box and the actual game (case/insert) have the same ISBN I think Amazon would take a no-extras trade-in.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Yeah I am betting by summer all will be well. Now I will just save up until then.[/QUOTE]

Did you vote for Hillis again? He's in the finals against Vick of all people.

[quote name='Achilles00']Did you vote for Hillis again? He's in the finals against Vick of all people.[/QUOTE]
Hell yes I did. I can't believe he beat Rodgers. I think he has a decent shot against Vick as well. I found this on the web:

215573_109011715849767_107123502705255_95266_5751250_n.jpg

[quote name='aznhero913']^^^^^

anyone can print out a high res cover

show me the disc MOKOFOKO!!!![/QUOTE]

You can't be serious...

Wow can we stop all the whining? AWD has ALWAYS been cyclical with its deals. Always.

This is absurd as when people go into the Target clearance deal thread every year after Christmas and proclaim the apocalypse has arrived and Target will NEVER clearance a video game ever again.

[quote name='kodave']Wow can we stop all the whining? AWD has ALWAYS been cyclical with its deals. Always.

This is absurd as when people go into the Target clearance deal thread every year after Christmas and proclaim the apocalypse has arrived and Target will NEVER clearance a video game ever again.[/QUOTE]

Nah I think they suck worse then usual....HOWEVER that said while I dont think that AWD is cyclical I do think the internet is. Places come in and they are awesome and then their time is over and some place else steps up. Ebay was, gamestop was, amazon was, AWD was and now that this is dead there will be someone else that steps up and carries the awesome deal banner for awhile.

i did see multiple copies of portal 2 ranging from "acceptable" to very good with prices of $35-45. Wasnt worth posting IMO, but they sold out. Odd since you can get NEW for $40 after $15 credit.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Hell yes I did. I can't believe he beat Rodgers. I think he has a decent shot against Vick as well. I found this on the web:

215573_109011715849767_107123502705255_95266_5751250_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is one bad ass cover. Lets hope this comes to fruition :D

[quote name='dabamus']You can't be serious...[/QUOTE]

hehehe, sorry.

I have the stupids today :whistle2:#

BTW, I'd also like to extend my condolences. May AWD R.I.P.

sigh.......... I used to love visiting this thread early in the morning during the weekdays!!!
Even though I've only bought a handful of items from AWD, it was always great knowing there was a place to get really get games for great prices.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Nah I think they suck worse then usual....HOWEVER that said while I dont think that AWD is cyclical I do think the internet is. Places come in and they are awesome and then their time is over and some place else steps up. Ebay was, gamestop was, amazon was, AWD was and now that this is dead there will be someone else that steps up and carries the awesome deal banner for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Except AWD IS cyclical. It has had awesome prices in the past, then after a while, the prices go up. Everyone posts 'ZOMG, AWD is dead!!! Brand New Game X is only $3 cheaper than MSRP!!! They are trying to sell Metroid Prime Trilogy for $90!!!! ARGHHHHHH!' Someone points out that it's cyclical. Then everyone calms down. Only this time, it's only been like two weeks. So go ahead and bemoan the fate of AWD. I'll grab some excellent deals once they become awesome again, before everyone catches wind and flocks back.

This is the last time I'm saying it, because I'm starting to think that convincing anyone that it will be the good ol' times again soon is gonna be bad for my chances to snag great deals.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Except AWD IS cyclical. It has had awesome prices in the past, then after a while, the prices go up. Everyone posts 'ZOMG, AWD is dead!!! Brand New Game X is only $3 cheaper than MSRP!!! They are trying to sell Metroid Prime Trilogy for $90!!!! ARGHHHHHH!' Someone points out that it's cyclical. Then everyone calms down. Only this time, it's only been like two weeks. So go ahead and bemoan the fate of AWD. I'll grab some excellent deals once they become awesome again, before everyone catches wind and flocks back.

This is the last time I'm saying it, because I'm starting to think that convincing anyone that it will be the good ol' times again soon is gonna be bad for my chances to snag great deals.[/QUOTE]

Dude, we're impatient damn it!!!!

We want the price roller coaster to drop down already!!!

[quote name='randomthinker']Yeah, the prices cycle. People will stop buying at higher prices, they will lower prices, people buy again, etc etc.

My wallet is thankful even if I'm disappointed.[/QUOTE]

My wallet is also thankful. I remember the "glory days" of Wii's at ~$63-$66. We probably will never see those prices again, but man it was beautiful. I've got enough of a backlog of Amazon games to still play to last me into the summer.

[quote name='Foladar']My wallet is also thankful. I remember the "glory days" of Wii's at ~$63-$66. We probably will never see those prices again, but man it was beautiful. I've got enough of a backlog of Amazon games to still play to last me into the summer.[/QUOTE]

That is true, the wallets around the world are thankful :cool:

[quote name='MSI Magus']Nah I think they suck worse then usual....HOWEVER that said while I dont think that AWD is cyclical I do think the internet is. Places come in and they are awesome and then their time is over and some place else steps up. Ebay was, gamestop was, amazon was, AWD was and now that this is dead there will be someone else that steps up and carries the awesome deal banner for awhile.[/QUOTE]
In what parallel universe was Gamestop giving out awesome deals? Or is it 2012 and the apocalypse already cuz that's a sure sign if GS is intentionally giving at least good deals.:lol:

But as others have said, the prices spike every so often on AMZ, then they go down in price again and all is well.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In what parallel universe was Gamestop giving out awesome deals? Or is it 2012 and the apocalypse already cuz that's a sure sign if GS is intentionally giving at least good deals.:lol:

But as others have said, the prices spike every so often on AMZ, then they go down in price again and all is well.;)[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to gamestop coupon mistakes resulting in good deals. Nothing intentional, but good deals nonetheless.

GS had their string of $10 coupons with new games and one hour Friday sales that was pretty good IMO...they had RDR at $30 and God of War 3 at $20 and some other stuff during those, but that was over a year ago.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I think he was referring to gamestop coupon mistakes resulting in good deals. Nothing intentional, but good deals nonetheless.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Those ARE definitely a good deal, but the condition of their used games still leaves something to be desired.
[quote name='Psybuster']GS had their string of $10 coupons with new games and one hour Friday sales that was pretty good IMO...they had RDR at $30 and God of War 3 at $20 and some other stuff during those, but that was over a year ago.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is they invalidated most(if not all) of those $10 new game codes back in December of 2010.

They were supposed to expire in 2013 or so, but they took them away from people sooner than then. So if you have one(or more) of those sitting around, you may want to check them and if they've been invalidated call GS and complain about it.

[quote name='Psybuster']GS had their string of $10 coupons with new games and one hour Friday sales that was pretty good IMO...they had RDR at $30 and God of War 3 at $20 and some other stuff during those, but that was over a year ago.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is they invalidated most(if not all) of those $10 new game codes back in December of 2010.

They were supposed to expire in 2013 or so, but they took them away from people sooner than then. So if you have one(or more) of those sitting around, you may want to check them and if they've been invalidated call GS and complain about it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In what parallel universe was Gamestop giving out awesome deals? Or is it 2012 and the apocalypse already cuz that's a sure sign if GS is intentionally giving at least good deals.:lol:

But as others have said, the prices spike every so often on AMZ, then they go down in price again and all is well.;)[/QUOTE]

Every store has good deals here and there, Gamestop's power hour sales were pretty hot. Red Dead for $23 around early July when it came out just under two months prior, and it's still $30 right now on the Warehouse.

Of course, Amazon Warehouse had pretty consistently good deals, there's still some slim pickings probably, I guess a discount is a discount, but I'm not biting.

[quote name='kylerg']I just returned my Mario Kart XL. The unit had a slight yellow tint and I wasn't into the platform.[/QUOTE]

My XL had what looks like a slight tint on the top screen as well; when compared to the touch screen. However, After looking up the issue it's just how the XL was made and actually helps to show more vivid color in games once you compare it to side by side to the dsi's color accuracy.

It's like they shipped it out on a "Warm" color setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back