Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']I doubt you will find a brand new vita for $150 in a few months... It cost Sony about $159 to make the vita 3G, and that does not include distribution, R&D, marketing, etc.

You will say, well Nintendo was able to make a drastic price cut 5 months after the 3DS launched. Nintendo was able to do it because the Nintendo 3DS only cost $101 to make and they were charging $250 for it.[/QUOTE]

No, I won't say that.

I'll say this though, Sony won't be getting my money or millions of other people's money until they drop the price.

[quote name='Capocci 007']No, I won't say that.

I'll say this though, Sony won't be getting my money or millions of other people's money until they drop the price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The only reason I jumped on the 3DS was because of the price drop and because it was the limited edition zelda. Once the Vita gets a price drop I will jump in too. Even so I still do most of my handheld gaming on my android smartphone with gba and gbc games via emulators. I just can't see Sony doing well with the Vita unless they lower the price. You just can't sell a console/blu-ray player at the same price point as your handheld. Especially when it doesn't do anything new (a second analog stick isn't revolutionary).

[quote name='Namerson']Agreed. The only reason I jumped on the 3DS was because of the price drop and because it was the limited edition zelda. Once the Vita gets a price drop I will jump in too. Even so I still do most of my handheld gaming on my android smartphone with gba and gbc games via emulators. I just can't see Sony doing well with the Vita unless they lower the price. You just can't sell a console/blu-ray player at the same price point as your handheld. Especially when it doesn't do anything new (a second analog stick isn't revolutionary).[/QUOTE]

people will pay 600 for a i pad they will pay 300 for a vita LOL

[quote name='Saablic']The 3DS started getting its system mover games soon after which is what really helped the 3DS become one of the fastest selling systems of all time. I own a Vita and while the release was pretty good there has been no good games out since other than many the free Motorstorm RC.

Personally I think the Vita price point is good as it has a lot more hardware compared to the 3DS. What they need to do is fix the memory card price and start bundling them and get some system mover games for it and you will see sales jump. I wouldn't expect a price drop.[/QUOTE]

i see a 200 Wi fi 249 3G coming around the hoildays .. there is no reason to have a price drop.

how some people at our local gamestop here is pushing the VITA as a portable PS3 system noone said this a system for the AVG gamer to pick up.. Hell even the 3DS is not being grabbed by the Avg gamer.

sony does love screwing people out of cash... psp umd only now this VITA uses new flash memory cards that cant be used on anything else..

At least nintendo does Backwards on their freaking systems...

I think the VITA Would of done a hell of a lot better if they somehow allowed UMDS to play in the system or allow Everyone to trade in UMDS To DIGITAL For like 5 to 10 bucks per pop.

[quote name='slidecage']people will pay 600 for a i pad they will pay 300 for a vita LOL[/QUOTE]

Because the Vita has as many features as the iPad right? LOL

[quote name='slidecage']people will pay 600 for a i pad they will pay 300 for a vita LOL[/QUOTE]

That's two completely different markets. I'd say a lot of people buy the iPad for work and school related purposes. The Vita is strictly a gaming handheld. Two entirely different things.

[quote name='Namerson']Agreed. The only reason I jumped on the 3DS was because of the price drop and because it was the limited edition zelda. Once the Vita gets a price drop I will jump in too. Even so I still do most of my handheld gaming on my android smartphone with gba and gbc games via emulators. I just can't see Sony doing well with the Vita unless they lower the price. You just can't sell a console/blu-ray player at the same price point as your handheld. Especially when it doesn't do anything new (a second analog stick isn't revolutionary).[/QUOTE]

Even if it is the same price, or a little more, I think you have to consider that the technology does seem to be pretty darn powerful, and the closest we've ever had to a true console-like experience on a handheld.

Point being, you almost always have to pay more for portability/convenience in any product or service you buy...just think of what all is included: high resolution screen, two touchpads, incredible processing power (almost equal to that of current consoles), two analogs, bluetooth, etc... All of this in a (relatively) tiny, self-contained portable form factor with it's own power source! That's a good bit of technology crammed into a small device.

The PS3 was originally what, $599 when it debuted? ...and there was no real way around that due to the sheer amount of technology and it's cost when it was released. It took many years of streamlining and reducing costs to get the price to where it is today.

[quote name='Namerson']Because the Vita has as many features as the iPad right? LOL[/QUOTE]

His point is not the iPad directly vs. the Vita (at least, I think). He was saying that you can get very comparable (Android, HP, etc..) tablets to the iPad for half of the price or less, in some cases. But the iPad has certain features and quality that many consumers recognize as 'special', and are obviously willing to pay a higher price for.

The same thing with the handhelds. You can obviously get a DS or 3DS for a good bit less than a Vita, but the Vita has a lot more features, better resolution, 2nd analog, etc..that offer an experience closer to console gaming. Why should Sony not be expected to command the same kind of premium price, especially when the hardware is so clearly superior to the competition (more so than iPad's vs. Android tablets, IMHO)?

I'm not trying to be a fanboy here, but I just think that there are definite reasons why they almost had to price it as they did for the release, and I do think the hardware is impressive and has many great possibilities. That being said, I do wish they could have either A) released the stripped down Wi-Fi model for $199, or B) just included a small 4gb card at the $249 price.

Worked out for me the same, anyhow, though, as I got my BB to basically match Target's ad on release week, and give me a discounted 8gb with the Wi Fi.

[quote name='TheNeck']sony should have learned their lesson like how nintendo learned their lesson with the 3DS. Once the 3DS dropped it's price it sold a lot more systems. But i doubt sony will do the same thing with the vita and drop the price around the holidays.[/QUOTE]

it's really just a case of price discrimination, getting as many sales as they can at a volume they think is acceptable from early adopters that are willing to pay the premium in order to have the system before most other people. after they feel that they have sold about as many as they are going to sell at that price point without going into the toilet, they'll drop the price and get the second wave of consumers. by next year (maybe some time between summer and holiday of 2013) both models will probably be under $200.

i'm thinking that nintendo themselves will probably match that with a price drop of their own on the current versions of their 3ds's, and we'll probably see a version with the second analog stick selling at the price that current 3ds's are going for. at least that's what i'm hoping will happen. buying that atrocious peripheral is not appealing in the least bit.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']it's really just a case of price discrimination, getting as many sales as they can at a volume they think is acceptable from early adopters that are willing to pay the premium in order to have the system before most other people. after they feel that they have sold about as many as they are going to sell at that price point without going into the toilet, they'll drop the price and get the second wave of consumers. by next year (maybe some time between summer and holiday of 2013) both models will probably be under $200.

i'm thinking that nintendo themselves will probably match that with a price drop of their own on the current versions of their 3ds's, and we'll probably see a version with the second analog stick selling at the price that current 3ds's are going for. at least that's what i'm hoping will happen. buying that atrocious peripheral is not appealing in the least bit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the PS vita will not drop in price this year, like the 3DS dropped in price last year. Even though the 3DS came out earlier in the year like the ps vita this year.

Luckily i was able to get the ps vita from AWD just this week, if not i wouldn't be playing with one till this xmas when we get one for my son.

[quote name='TheNeck']Yeah the PS vita will not drop in price this year, like the 3DS dropped in price last year. Even though the 3DS came out earlier in the year like the ps vita this year.

Luckily i was able to get the ps vita from AWD just this week, if not i wouldn't be playing with one till this xmas when we get one for my son.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if sony is going to do a redesign on it like they did with the psp. it is such a nice product, it is hard to imagine them improving on it. maybe a ps vita slim ? :whistle2:|

i actually wouldn't mind getting a version without the touch-back panel for a lower price.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Sweet, grabbed a "Like New" copy of Deathsmiles Limited Edition, didn't expect it to go that low

Edit: Ha, forgot to add the price, $11.29

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003E6VK5Q/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used there's a 'good' one for $9.79[/QUOTE]

It's very unlikely you'll get anything but the game, but if you do kudos :).

For another $3.70 you could have ensured it was brand new and complete.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874203007

[quote name='esalw822']:wii: Zelda Skyward Sword w/Music CD - Good - $26.18
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...options=see-all-buying-options&condition=used

:ps3: DualShock 3 Controller (Urban Camo) - Like New - $33.31
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...options=see-all-buying-options&condition=used
(Really want this controller, but I'm holding out for a cheaper New price)

:ps3: Resident Evil 5 - Good - $9.74
[/QUOTE]
Any of you find the res evil 5 gold ed. ps3 for about $10 from here? If not, what was the cheapest you've seen it for?

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Why wouldn't it come with everything, it's the Limited Edition in Like New Condition. The only extras are a bonus disc and the faceplate[/QUOTE]

Like new refers to the game itself. The default LN description is "Includes manual, cover art, and case. Full game is included, but bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed. Cleaning and repair was done as required. Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted."

Basically this is amazons way of saying "the only thing we can promise it has is the game, manual, cover art, and case in like new condition, anything else is up in the air".

You may get the bonus stuff, I am not saying you won't, but there is a chance you won't. So if it were me I would have just paid the extra few $ and gotten it brand new instead if I wanted the extra stuff.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Like new refers to the game itself. The default LN description is "Includes manual, cover art, and case. Full game is included, but bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed. Cleaning and repair was done as required. Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted."

Basically this is amazons way of saying "the only thing we can promise it has is the game, manual, cover art, and case in like new condition, anything else is up in the air".

You may get the bonus stuff, I am not saying you won't, but there is a chance you won't. So if it were me I would have just paid the extra few $ and gotten it brand new instead if I wanted the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're right. Better have everything or it's going back. Seems like that's false advertising, if it was just the game they shouldn't list it under the limited edition

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']I guess you're right. Better have everything or it's going back. Seems like that's false advertising, if it was just the game they shouldn't list it under the limited edition[/QUOTE]

It should have been which means if yours comes incomplete you have grouds for a partial refund which may be something you rather do instead of returning it and paying $5-10 for a faceplate, but that is your call.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Like new refers to the game itself. The default LN description is "Includes manual, cover art, and case. Full game is included, but bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed. Cleaning and repair was done as required. Game data from previous use may be present, but can be overwritten or deleted."

You may get the bonus stuff, I am not saying you won't, but there is a chance you won't. So if it were me I would have just paid the extra few $ and gotten it brand new instead if I wanted the extra stuff.[/QUOTE]

That's not Amazon's definition at all. Like new is just that. It should include everything except downloadable content: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161242

[quote name='Lucian']That's not Amazon's definition at all. Like new is just that. It should include everything except downloadable content: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161242[/QUOTE]

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Product may not include downloadable content.

for the lazies.

[quote name='InFaM0uS_J2']Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Product may not include downloadable content.

for the lazies.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think I've only received one game that fits that description, and that's was the new copy of Gears 2 LE that I posted about earlier. I ordered a 'very good' copy of SC: Double Agent, and looked like the case had water damage, and someone held the manual in a vat of super glue, it was rock solid, and pretty much impossible to even bend. Whaat do people do to their games, I know some are 'kid' owned but sometimes I don't even see how a kid could fuck things up that bad

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Honestly, I think I've only received one game that fits that description, and that's was the new copy of Gears 2 LE that I posted about earlier. I ordered a 'very good' copy of SC: Double Agent, and looked like the case had water damage, and someone held the manual in a vat of super glue, it was rock solid, and pretty much impossible to even bend. Whaat do people do to their games, I know some are 'kid' owned but sometimes I don't even see how a kid could fuck things up that bad[/QUOTE]

Ah, dammit. I just bought a "like new" MW3 i hope it meets that criteria...:cry:

[quote name='InFaM0uS_J2']Ah, dammit. I just bought a "like new" MW3 i hope it meets that criteria...:cry:[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to ward people off, if it said like new, it will be in great condition. I'm just saying that out of all the ones I've got you can tell they have been used. None have been "An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition. The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift."

[quote name='PublikDefender']Any of you find the res evil 5 gold ed. ps3 for about $10 from here? If not, what was the cheapest you've seen it for?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I've never seen RE5 Gold that cheap. I think the cheapest I've seen in on AWD was in the $15-$16 dollar range...

[quote name='Lucian']That's not Amazon's definition at all. Like new is just that. It should include everything except downloadable content: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161242[/QUOTE]

My description is exactly what amazon listed on a like new copy of El Shaddai

No one is debating on what the description of like new is, what is inconsistent is the reality of their like new items.

I would much rather pay $3 more and guarantee myself a brand new sealed copy then try to nickle and dime and perhaps get what I want. It's one thing to be cheap and shop smart, it's another to be cheap to the point where saving a dollar or two makes you miss out on quality.

[quote name='Saix_XIII'] what is inconsistent is the reality of their like new items.

[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. Do you shop on AWD often?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My description is exactly what amazon listed on a like new copy of El Shaddai

No one is debating on what the description of like new is, what is inconsistent is the reality of their like new items.

I would much rather pay $3 more and guarantee myself a brand new sealed copy then try to nickle and dime and perhaps get what I want. It's one thing to be cheap and shop smart, it's another to be cheap to the point where saving a dollar or two makes you miss out on quality.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you, didn't even think that newegg would have it new at that price, thought it was always in the $20 range, but then again if its not complete all I have to do is send it back or just get a refund

[quote name='ral1121']No, it's not. Do you shop on AWD often?[/QUOTE]

Not often enough to consider myself a regular, but I have bought 20 or so items from them over the last year or two.

Go check on people who got PSV and other games. I am not saying amazon lies all the time. I am saying some of the times things are in worse shape then what amazon labels them as.

[quote name='theflicker']Got a YLOD, so I'm suddenly back in the market for a PS3. I should probably hold out till after E3, though.[/QUOTE]

You should be safe. I don't think Sony will drop the price on anything with their recent massive losses.

MS on the other hand... with the weekly price cuts in the ads I can see a drop.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No one is debating on what the description of like new is, what is inconsistent is the reality of their like new items.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered numerous Like New collector's editions from AWD including a number of old PS1 games and they have all been 100% complete with extras and in excellent condition. I'm sure they don't always get it exactly right but thanks to their return policy there's never a risk of being stuck with a product you aren't completely happy with.

Let's say that I buy a vita and a game for the 360 from AWD. Will that money go to Sony and the developer of the game or would it go to amazon?

[quote name='Vap']Let's say that I buy a vita and a game for the 360 from AWD. Will that money go to Sony and the developer of the game or would it go to amazon?[/QUOTE]

What?

Why would it go to the developer?

You've made a purchase for a "Used" item. It goes to amazon.

[quote name='Vap']Let's say that I buy a vita and a game for the 360 from AWD. Will that money go to Sony and the developer of the game or would it go to amazon?[/QUOTE]
Amazon, since your buying it from AWD, it's a used system/game.
The person who originally bought it...their money goes to the Sony.

Thanks for the replys. I wasn't sure since some people have said they get consoles that are in new but are listed as used just because of it having a dented/cut on the box.

Amazons "like new" is better than Gamestops "new".

If you order any type of limited/collectors edition or anything like that and it's "like new", you should have no worries that it will be anything but (excluding DLC). Especially considering that on the off chance that something is wrong with it their CS will take care of it.

[quote name='iduncurr']Amazon, since your buying it from AWD, it's a used system/game.
The person who originally bought it...their money goes to the Sony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DudeImGodly']What?

Why would it go to the developer?

You've made a purchase for a "Used" item. It goes to amazon.[/QUOTE]

Vap created the account, went comatose and just woke up yesterday. Today, he decided to ask a basic question.

The only explanation.

No purchases actually go to the original developer/publisher. They have already received the money for all copies sitting on store shelves. What happens when you buy new is the stores keep track of the sales trend and they figure out based on new sales how many more to buy from the publisher. So technically new sales do not go to the developer but effects future purchases by that store/how many more the publisher will print.

ummm lets break it down

1... someone got these items new so the money went to sony and the maker of the game
2.. someone sold the items to AWD
3... You buy item off AWD so the money goes to them. why would it go to sony.

say 50 buck game made by sony and nis

Bob buys game for 50 (money goes to sony)
Bob sells game to amazon for 30
Amazon sells game to you for 40...

sony still got the 50 amazon made 10 why would amazon send that 40 to sony sony would of then made 90 off the 50 buck game...

but if it was damaged

Sony has a damage 50 buck game.. sells the game to amazon for 30 amazon resells it to 40 you buy it..

sony still got 30 out of a damage game and amazon still made 10

long story short amazon gets the money off Deals

[quote name='Vap']Thanks for the replys. I wasn't sure since some people have said they get consoles that are in new but are listed as used just because of it having a dented/cut on the box.[/QUOTE]

I suspect this happens too, honestly. Amazon takes returns that other companies wouldn't take (open box returns, etc) and sells them on AWD as used. Gamestop either wouldn't take the return, or would reseal it if it was open.

I have also seen cases where games are obviously still new but have factory dented / damaged boxes; these are likely a good portion of the AWD "Like New" items you see (the ones that still have unused DLC, for instance).

[quote name='theflicker']Got a YLOD, so I'm suddenly back in the market for a PS3. I should probably hold out till after E3, though.[/QUOTE] send it to Sony. Turn around time is a week and they'll send you a 160 gig slim that is refurbished for $99-130, no questions asked

[quote name='shadowkast']send it to Sony. Turn around time is a week and they'll send you a 160 gig slim that is refurbished for $99-130, no questions asked[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll go ask some questions in the PS3 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back