Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gospelman']When something is first listed on AWD, it's set as a percentage of the new (sold by amazon) price. It's something like 60-80 percent of the new price, varying by condition.

If there's no new items in stock sold by amazon, that's when the pricing gets a bit wacky and arbitrary. My guess is that they use the used marketplace sales as a reference point for listing those.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you, that's interesting. Figured it had to be something like that. Just wish they would have some sort of program to go through inventory and say, "Hmm. It's been like a year and this still hasn't sold. Maybe we should lower the price." Hate drudging through all the crap, but then I suppose all the good deals would be snatched up even quicker.

[quote name='superhippy1986']When in the hell did it become acceptable to say "thats just the nature of bethesda games"?!
Thats like saying its freaking acceptable that Mercedes cars are unreliable and costly to repair.

Omg are people that whack?! I am so sick of people finding way to defend crappy workmanship. Do you have stock with Bethesda?! Do you own the company? Are they paying you to be blind?

DO NOT BUY SKYRIM ON PS3! PERIOD![/QUOTE]
No, it's like saying, "Mercedes cars are fun to drive, but are unreliable and costly to repair." And even that is a oversimplification. It's a tradeoff. And if it's so easy, I suggest you write best-selling games. Bethesda seems to be doing alright for itself, so apparently you could make some money.

If you want to rant about a PS3 Elder Scrolls game, rant about how they repackaged the Oblivion "Game of the Year" as a "5th Anniversary Edition", still haven't patched the game-ending bugs and apparently have no intention of doing so. THAT is a blatant, and frankly insulting, cash grab.

And I'm no Bethesda fanboy. The last game of theirs I played was Morrowind about 10 years ago. I spent 30 minutes unsuccessfully trying to kill a rat and realized it probably wasn't my kind of game.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Are you on drugs?

When in the hell did it become acceptable to say "thats just the nature of bethesda games"?!
Thats like saying its freaking acceptable that Mercedes cars are unreliable and costly to repair.

Omg are people that whack?! I am so sick of people finding way to defend crappy workmanship. Do you have stock with Bethesda?! Do you own the company? Are they paying you to be blind?

Take a deep breath..if this were Fallout New Vegas I'd almost hear you out (still have yet to finish that game due to crashing,) but I played Skyrim for about 2 months straight..I think the game crashed TWICE, if that..otherwise..zero problems whatsoever. None of the issues I heard about before ever popped up. Other friends of mine that have it on PS3 had minimal issues as well..I'd say it's safe to buy by now.

When in the hell did it become acceptable to say "thats just the nature of bethesda games"?!

Ok first, take a chill pill and calm down. You want to see a defense of crappy worksmanship, go and read the hundreds of reviews for Bethesda games that give perfect scores, despite their bugs.

There is only one reason to not buy Skyrim for PS3, and that's if the person doing the buying wont be able to download the latest patch. Once the patch is installed, the game plays exactly like the 360 version.

And did you bother reading the post after this one you quoted where I basically said Skyrim is a boring, lazily put together game? I do not like Skyrim. I like one Bethesda game, and that's Fallout 3.

Now, if you're done trying to scare everyone away from PS3, could you please move on? ZOMG! Do you have stock in Microsoft? Are they paying you to keep people away from Sony?!

Again...to the person who was asking originally...the PS3 version of Skyrim is perfectly playable, and indistinguishable from the 360 version. If you cant download the patch, go 360. If you can, it's 100% up to your personal preference in console.

[quote name='captaintek3304']
Now, if you're done trying to scare everyone away from PS3, could you please move on? ZOMG! Do you have stock in Microsoft? Are they paying you to keep people away from Sony?!
[/QUOTE]

hey now, let's not turn this into a console war. Just read his other posts and you'll quickly realize Superhippy is kind of a joke. He does not represent anyone.

Add me to your ignore list all you want.
I love when people don't follow the crowd they are outcast.

Just another day full of jocks and the little people. Personally I'd curse you all out but I'm going to be civil.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Add me to your ignore list all you want.

Just another day full of jocks and the little people. Personally I'd curse you all out but I'm going to be civil.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah! The dragon has been slayeth! The village people shall rejoice...:lol::lol::lol:

Forgive me if this isn't the point of this thread, but could anyone who watches AWD a lot tell me approx what the xbox 360 slims go for (like great condition ones that are the 4gb base model)? My original launch system finally decided to red ring, so I'm looking for the best deal I can get on a replacement and wondering if it's worth it to wait and check AWD all the time. Thanks

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Forgive me if this isn't the point of this thread, but could anyone who watches AWD a lot tell me approx what the xbox 360 slims go for from, like great condition ones that are the 4gb base model? My original launch system finally decided to red ring so I'm looking for the best deal I can get on a replacement and wondering if it's worth it to wait on AWD and check it all the time. Thanks[/QUOTE]

They go from $120 - $150

[quote name='superhippy1986']Add me to your ignore list all you want.

Just another day full of jocks and the little people. Personally I'd curse you all out but I'm going to be civil.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys hear that?

The sound of superhippy getting his jimmies rustled?

lol...this is funny stuff.

Me and my friend both got skyrim day one, he has 360 and I have ps3... His loaded right away and mine took 30 minutes to install and update and took up 3+ gigs. My loading screens seemed to be less but the random game locking up forced me to give up after beating the main story, that and it got old fast.

This is crazy. Some people like games that others don't. Why get so upset about it!? I hate Call of Duty. Despise it. I have tried just about every game in the series and with the exception of Black Ops, just could not get into any of them. Doesn't mean the series sucks, obviously I am in the minority, just not for me. I LOOOVE Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Yeah, they freeze up from time to time, but the games are so fun, I don't mind overall. It's okay to have differant opinions.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I was just talking about this about a page back! I needed a new PS3 for school, and was waiting for this. Thank you![/QUOTE]

what type of school do you go to, where its good to take or have a ps3 with you?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']what type of school do you go to, where its good to take or have a ps3 with you?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Slixshot']College, I'd presume...

FFXIII-2 Collector's Edition PS3 VG - $41.xx LN - $44.xx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be taking this to college with me. My first time dorming, so figured since I'm not sure how I'll take to New York (being a large/overwhelming city and such), at least I'll have a Playstation with me! :)

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Yeah, I'll be taking this to college with me. My first time dorming, so figured since I'm not sure how I'll take to New York (being a large/overwhelming city and such), at least I'll have a Playstation with me! :)[/QUOTE]

If you are living in a single then game on! However if you're going to share a room with someone make sure they are trust worthy first.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']If you are living in a single then game on! However if you're going to share a room with someone make sure they are trust worthy first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah until you know how you feel about the roomate make sure you have your system secured and games tucked away. Roommates can be total a-holes in a new environment like that.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah until you know how you feel about the roomate make sure you have your system secured and games tucked away. Roommates can be total a-holes in a new environment like that.[/QUOTE]

but isn's that common sense, LOL

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I was just talking about this about a page back! I needed a new PS3 for school, and was waiting for this. Thank you![/QUOTE]
Awesome glad I could help! :)

[quote name='Tazz2137']This is crazy. Some people like games that others don't. Why get so upset about it!? I hate Call of Duty. Despise it. I have tried just about every game in the series and with the exception of Black Ops, just could not get into any of them. Doesn't mean the series sucks, obviously I am in the minority, just not for me. I LOOOVE Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Yeah, they freeze up from time to time, but the games are so fun, I don't mind overall. It's okay to have differant opinions.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty is a weird one.. Just about everyone I talk to says something bad about the game but its the most popular game:roll:

[quote name='lilseung']Call of Duty is a weird one.. Just about everyone I talk to says something bad about the game but its the most popular game:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's because when it runs right, it is one of the most fun, addicting games out there; however, it rarely, if ever, runs right.

I have a 360 that uses a HDMI cable, but also have a turtle beach headset that needs to plug into the audio part of the 360 to listen to the game through the headset, what do I need to get this to work? Do I need to buy a set of cables for just the audio? If so, what cables do I need? I already know the normal 360 HD cables won't work since the plug is too big for the console.

Sorry about the severe off topic nature of this question, but you guys seem to be the perfect hivemind to ask.

[quote name='brauma']I have a 360 that uses a HDMI cable, but also have a turtle beach headset that needs to plug into the audio part of the 360 to listen to the game through the headset, what do I need to get this to work? Do I need to buy a set of cables for just the audio? If so, what cables do I need? I already know the normal 360 HD cables won't work since the plug is too big for the console.

Sorry about the severe off topic nature of this question, but you guys seem to be the perfect hivemind to ask.[/QUOTE]

I have a Turtle Beach, and also use HDMI. Here's what you need: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-A...550496&sr=8-1&keywords=audio+adapter+xbox+360

But be advised that some of them have a problem. If you leave your Xbox on, and want to switch the video output (like, want to watch TV), when you turn it back to the Xbox, it resets. Here's a review detailing this. http://www.amazon.com/review/R2Q151V1KOKR0/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R2Q151V1KOKR0

[quote name='brauma']I have a 360 that uses a HDMI cable, but also have a turtle beach headset that needs to plug into the audio part of the 360 to listen to the game through the headset, what do I need to get this to work? Do I need to buy a set of cables for just the audio? If so, what cables do I need? I already know the normal 360 HD cables won't work since the plug is too big for the console.

Sorry about the severe off topic nature of this question, but you guys seem to be the perfect hivemind to ask.[/QUOTE]

Theres an optical outlet somewhere on your xbox.

I was so tempted to get the star wars xbox 360 bundle for $299 like new but I've got a feeling the price will keep going down everywhere else, but I do need a back up system, hmmmmm

[quote name='esalw822']:ps3: Catherine - Like New - $22.49
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...d_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

:ps3: Inversion - Good - $21.96
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...d_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

:360: Madden 11 - Acceptable - $4.18
($5 TIV at BB)

:360: Udraw Pictionary: Ultimate Edition - Like New - $5.96
($5 TIV at BB)[/QUOTE]

The Like New Catherine I bought about a month ago came with artbook and soundtrack. So anyone interested in it, you MAY get the artbook and soundtrack if you order it off AWD

Actually it's ridiculously easy to strip the casing of the component/optical so that HDMI can plug in the same time. There's a youtube video somewhere. Took me a minute and without the bulky casing, you can plug in both, and get HDMI and optical Depending on your headphones, you can also use the optical out on your TV, but that's a whole another can of worms because you won't get the full 5.1/7.1 whatever because TVs only can output stereo, not to mention some TVs won't even strip the sound from the HDMI signal to output.

Cable isn't expensive, but this method is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back