Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**
Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:
:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a LN PS4 for $296.99. Advice needed. If it turns up working, should I just keep it or do you guys suggest taking it to GS?
My Gamestop gave me the 50% extra even though the promotion was over. It's worth it if you trade it in, you come out with a new PS4 and an extra $12.50.

My Gamestop gave me the 50% extra even though the promotion was over. It's worth it if you trade it in, you come out with a new PS4 and an extra $12.50.
How does the trade in work? Do you need membership of any kind? It sounds kind of too good to be true; come in with a used PS4 and come out with brand new one :/

How does the trade in work? Do you need membership of any kind? It sounds kind of too good to be true; come in with a used PS4 and come out with brand new one :/
No it's exactly that, you don't want a used one because sony might not be willing to repair used consoles under their warranty.

You just have to get lucky and not get one thats fucked up.

Works exactly like that. You also get a good amount of points on the PUR card for trading in the console. It's a free card but the Pro card is worth it for additional bonuses if you go to Gamestop a lot.

Works exactly like that. You also get a good amount of points on the PUR card for trading in the console. It's a free card but the Pro card is worth it for additional bonuses if you go to Gamestop a lot.
I did the swap on the last day of the promotion. It's really as good as it sounds. In some states (like mine) you still have to pay tax on purchases paid for with credit so I ended up just having to pay $20 for the swap, which is still pretty unbeatable. You just need to put up with lots of "is it broken?" and "why are you trading this in for a new one?" questions.

I have the free PUR account since I go into a GameStop once maybe every 3 years, but I ended up earning about 12300 points for trading in the console and buying a new one. Not too shabby since the account has been stuck at 760 points since I bought Rage at launch.

Well I finally got around to setting up the AWD Xbone properly now that my desk is all set up and have somewhere to put it.  Everything was new and sealed up and working well so far except the controller.  It's working fine but the battery door doesn't want to open/close right and the d-pad is all scratched and chipped which I hadn't noticed before.

I did the swap on the last day of the promotion. It's really as good as it sounds. In some states (like mine) you still have to pay tax on purchases paid for with credit so I ended up just having to pay $20 for the swap, which is still pretty unbeatable. You just need to put up with lots of "is it broken?" and "why are you trading this in for a new one?" questions.

I have the free PUR account since I go into a GameStop once maybe every 3 years, but I ended up earning about 12300 points for trading in the console and buying a new one. Not too shabby since the account has been stuck at 760 points since I bought Rage at launch.
and what do you say when they ask you that lol?

All you have to tell them is that you bought it used off of craigslist/a friend and found out about the promotion. You'd rather have a new one with a one year warranty.  They really shouldn't question further than that. 

So long as you're not breaking any laws/rules then you really shouldn't worry about what questions anyone asks you. Only thing a GS employee should worry about is doing his/her job by checking to see if the system works and processing the trade. Way too many entitled employees at that store.

So long as you're not breaking any laws/rules then you really shouldn't worry about what questions anyone asks you. Only thing a GS employee should worry about is doing his/her job by checking to see if the system works and processing the trade. Way too many entitled employees at that store.
Way too many entitled people on the internet who hate people doing their minimum wage job. Part of their job is to ask basic questions to make a common sense assessment of whether you likely stole the item or not.

Way too many entitled people on the internet who hate people doing their minimum wage job. Part of their job is to ask basic questions to make a common sense assessment of whether you likely stole the item or not.
Agreed. I used to work at GS and kept up with CAG. I always had a pretty good idea if someone was coming in and trading in something sketchy/stolen. I would let most of the sketchy ones slide usually because I needed to meet numbers and the edge/GI + reservation promos would up the TIV. Oh retail :\

Oh man. When this is at the top of the list at 1AM PST you know there is some shenanigans going down. Side note, I spelled shenanigans right on the first attempt.

Thanks so much for this. My 20GB is starting to die and I've missed out on the cheap PS3s a few days ago. A better deal can probably be had but this is not bad at all. This 80GB probably isn't backwards compatible right?
I think it is BW compatible. Software emulation not hardware.

Edit:
Shit I am probably wrong. Unless you get lucky and get the MGS one or the Motorstorm one. Sorry for the wrong info.

I need a refresher course. What's a good memory size for PS2? I'm mostly going to play Viewtiful Joe.

It seems that the Wi-Fi is what's messing with my PS3. There goes my PS+. It's just going to waste.

Surprised nothing came up. I was gaming for a awhile playing BF4 Naval Strike and was sure I missed some good stuff. On another note, I was messing with a foreign Amazon rep during live chat about the free Forza 5 code they emailed me to which he replied along the lines of "oh no no no, please take and accept it (for the love of God) as a goodwill gesture from Amazon."

Fine by me. I think I will trade the code for another Xbone game. Forza's cool and all, but I don't like racing games as much as I used to.

8mb is going to run you like $20 from the prices that I remember. And people bitch about the vita memory cards being a rip off.
Wow and that's just for the PS2...it's around $15 if you look on Amazon. If you want to go cheap, check CL. I saw 8mb PS2 memory cards for $1 each one time.

you missed nothing since the $20 xbox 360's. SInce then there has been a major dry spell on AWD. Not a single thing in at least 2 days now except for titanfall CE and PS4's

EDIT: I caved and opened dynasty warriors for PS4, I am going to be torn if that ish shows up though. I have a nice chunk of credit after trading in those 3 xbox 360's

I don't think GS hires minimum wage employees to do a detective's work on whether or not the items are indeed stolen. As if anyone would actually willfully say so. I've had some ask me why I'm trading in Ghosts because its "da best game eva!" Btw if your going to call me entitled at least don't assume I "hate" said employees. Just some of their attitudes taking priority over processing a legitimate transaction.

8mb is going to run you like $20 from the prices that I remember. And people bitch about the vita memory cards being a rip off.

Wow and that's just for the PS2...it's around $15 if you look on Amazon. If you want to go cheap, check CL. I saw 8mb PS2 memory cards for $1 each one time.

Hehehe. I got a bunch of them when Kmart clearanced them. $2-3 dollars each for a 8MB card.

I don't think GS hires minimum wage employees to do a detective's work on whether or not the items are indeed stolen. As if anyone would actually willfully say so. I've had some ask me why I'm trading in Ghosts because its "da best game eva!" Btw if your going to call me entitled at least don't assume I "hate" said employees. Just some of their attitudes taking priority over processing a legitimate transaction.
No, Gamestop certainly doesn't pay these high school dropouts to do a detective's job, but they think they can get a nice promotion if they play Jr. Detective. I've made a few enemies at Gamestop and one of the Jr. Detective managers told me that he was keeping me from trading in because his DM told him not to allow me to trade in and he admitted that he was doing it so that he would look good in the DM's eyes and maybe get a promotion to Area Manager.

According to (local) laws, if a business is buying stuff from the public they have to put in some effort to find out if the items are stolen or not. If I can prove that you stole my Xbox and Gamestop has it, they legally have to return it to me. Asking those questions are definitely part of the job.

I remember a local pawn shop getting shut down a few years back because it was basically a fence for stolen stuff. Including my OG Xbox

:still mad about it:

It's like $6 used from what I see. I might be able to get one for less at a used items store. So 8 MB and I'm set?
8mb, for me, held about 10-15ish games from what I can remember. Had 3 by the time my ps2 collection was 40+. It all depends on what games. Kingdom Hearts file save was 132kb while San Andreas and Gran Turismo 4 were in the megabytes. Viewtiful Joe from what I can recall is relatively low. Should be stated on the back of the case how much mem it eats up. If you don't have the case, you can probably just google the cover art.

It's like $6 used from what I see. I might be able to get one for less at a used items store. So 8 MB and I'm set?
8 is plenty. I have a couple cards I use, the only thing that really eats it up are sports games. A lot of saves are 500kb or less. They are a lot better than the 15 block ps1 cards

There was just some $320 Xbox One in good condition. $350 after tax (ugh).

I got myself one - it should be here on the first.

I figure that it's worth the risk since the base trade in value at gamestop is $300.

There was just some $320 Xbox One in good condition. $350 after tax (ugh).

I got myself one - it should be here on the first.

I figure that it's worth the risk since the base trade in value at gamestop is $300.
I've been looking for one on AWD for a while. Do you remember if it was under the Day One listing, Forza 5 Bundle listing, or a different one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back