Amazon's Black Friday Movies & TV Deals Calenders

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon posted up a calender of what Blu-Ray and DVD deals they are going to have for this upcoming week.

Most notable in my eyes are probably -

Wolverine : Origins Blu-Ray - $9.99 tomorrow
Fast & Furious (2009) Blu-Ray - $9.99(most likely) Wednesday

Glad to see they are matching on F&F, really didn't want to go out on Black Friday to go get that. There probably are good deals on the other things for other people, but those two are the only ones that catches my attention. This should help out a lot of people deciding where to go for Blu's on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting on The Departed & Goodfellas so I don't have to deal with BB or Target with those two items. Hopefully its $7.99 or less :lol:

[quote name='genfuyung']I have the page open in Firefox, IE, and safari just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

How's the safari browser? Does that one load up at all or is it like Firefox & IE in which it doesn't display anything....

[quote name='Greenboom98']How's the safari browser? Does that one load up at all or is it like Firefox & IE in which it doesn't display anything....[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it after Shrike mentioned it earlier and its worked fine. I definitely like it a lot less than firefox and IE but whatever works ya know.

[quote name='cupcakex1']Waiting on The Departed & Goodfellas so I don't have to deal with BB or Target with those two items. Hopefully its $7.99 or less :lol:[/QUOTE]

You know they announced a new goodfellas blu ray? Its an anniversary collection or something and I think its going to be remastered. Just thought you should know.

Did anyone bring up Boston Legal? Season 1-3-4 are only $12.49 apiece and season 2 is $13.49 because it had at least 5 more episodes.

If you haven't ever seen this show shame on you. It makes fun of everyone, yet is still very caring and loving. Plus it makes fun of TV networks and how everything is wrong and ends with one of the most perfect series finales ever (which is the 5th season and isn't on sale).

That's a good catch and I may very well buy a season of that. I loved The Practice, although it seems like in Boston Legal, they made Alan Shore less evil. Maybe that was just me.

Thanks to the OP for compiling this.
As an aside..
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Looks like the House sets got pricematched, so I'm going to get season 4 with some other junk hopefully.
cag
[/QUOTE]

Call me a newb but I have no idea what pricematched is, a search showed a lot of references without much explaination. Is this Amazon raising prices in response to another seller or something? *ducks flames*

[quote name='tosheeb']Thanks to the OP for compiling this.
As an aside..

Call me a newb but I have no idea what pricematched is, a search showed a lot of references without much explaination. Is this Amazon raising prices in response to another seller or something? *ducks flames*[/QUOTE]

Lowering prices to match other retailers. If Wal Mart is selling something at the lowest price of say, $9.99, Amazon will also drop the price to $9.99.

are the deals for Star trek the Motion Orignal Motion picture collection 29.99 and then 41.99 for next generation the deals or should i wait longer ? (Both Blu-ray)

[quote name='genfuyung']You know they announced a new goodfellas blu ray? Its an anniversary collection or something and I think its going to be remastered. Just thought you should know.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, they also announced it for The Departed. Heard there are some issues with the Goodfellas BR, but if there is, I'll just watch it once and sell it and get the remastered one.

Prices are dropping slowly right now, one by one, just picked up both The Departed and Goodfellas at $7.99 . I think Braveheart, Gladiator, all the other movies are lowered by now also.

[quote name='Rollett']Orignal Star Trek Movies.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that set is only Wrath Of Khan, Search For Spock, and Voyage Home. Not to mention Wrath Of Khan somehow is not the extended cut which honestly the few extra minutes added into Khan do fill in a few gaps in the storyline.

Also FYI speaking of Trek Blu-Ray... The Motion Picture Blu is the original theatrical cut and not the more recent Director's Cut.

[quote name='paz9x']hahah son of a bitch.
i thought it was the full set of 6
damn.....i stayed up for the full set hahah.

thank you for that. weird that it doesnt show for me on the deal page.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same too!! Looks like the trilogy is is about $20 less than Best Buy.

Just bought Braveheart for $10 on blu ray. Gladiator is also $10 on blu ray but I've heard bad things about the transfer.

I'm tempted to buy Coraline but $15 is not that great of a deal. You do get 3d glasses though. Hmm. :whistle2:k

[quote name='evergoo']Just bought Braveheart for $10 on blu ray. Gladiator is also $10 on blu ray but I've heard bad things about the transfer.

I'm tempted to buy Coraline but $15 is not that great of a deal. You do get 3d glasses though. Hmm. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Coraline is excellent. Support excellence. ;-)

Picked up Braveheart, Gladiator, I am Legend, and Ice Age 3 (for the kids)

Still waiting on Monsters vs Aliens and seeing if a few others are worth picking up.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Coraline is excellent. Support excellence. ;-)[/QUOTE]
We all know Coraline is excellent. :D

I've been going blu ray crazy lately ever since I got a Panasonic 1080p plasma 2 weeks ago. Up, Monsters Inc., and Cars for $11.16 each, Braveheart for $10, and now Coraline for $15. I don't think waiting another year to see a $5 drop is worth the wait. You win, MrNEWZ. :applause:

P.S. The picture quality for Pixar blu rays are mindblowing. Every hdtv owner needs to own at least one of them. Plus, each film is loaded with bonus content that puts most blu rays to shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollett']think that startrek set will drop lower then 65$ ?[/QUOTE]

It should hopefully be lower. That was it's price yesterday.

most of the bluray black friday deals are pricematched on amazon right now, cept for like the super good ones :p
got departed, the fountain, boondock saints..

So even though Star Trek and Mad Men are now listed as the Black Friday deals of the day their prices still have not changed?

Supernatural Season 4 Blu-Ray also dropped to $25.XX so I picked that up since I got Season 3 Blu-Ray from BB last year when they messed up the price on that too.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Supernatural Season 4 Blu-Ray also dropped to $25.XX so I picked that up since I got Season 3 Blu-Ray from BB last year when they messed up the price on that too.[/QUOTE]

Now why can't Amazon drop the price on Smallville Season 8 Blu-Ray? Argh.....

Just picked up Gladiator, Braveheart, Ice Age 3, and Wanted all on Blu Ray and all for $10 each. I was tempted by the Star Trek Blu Ray sets but if the price is supposedly going to drop, I'll hold off. Still, to purchase both sets for a little over $100 and get 10 Trek movies on BD is a good deal.

Now I just need to find a good pairing tomorrow when I get Watchmen BD for $10.00.

[quote name='ajh2298']So even though Star Trek and Mad Men are now listed as the Black Friday deals of the day their prices still have not changed?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Star Trek, but Mad Men is time specific tomorrow. Yeup, looking at it right now and its due for 12 P.M. - 4 P.M. PST.

[quote name='japaki']i made a thread but if u pair boondock saints with fight club... you get them both on blu-ray for 20.99[/QUOTE]

Boondock saints just isnt enough of an upgrade in picture quality to justify any more than like 5 bucks for me.

[quote name='cupcakex1']I'm not sure about Star Trek, but Mad Men is time specific tomorrow. Yeup, looking at it right now and its due for 12 P.M. - 4 P.M. PST.[/QUOTE]

I thought season one of Mad Men is time specific for tomorrow not season two which is listed as a deal of the day for today?

[quote name='genfuyung']Boondock saints just isnt enough of an upgrade in picture quality to justify any more than like 5 bucks for me.[/QUOTE]

True, I shoulda really read the review. Oh well.. :*(, maybe I'll return it..

[quote name='ajh2298']I thought season one of Mad Men is time specific for tomorrow not season two which is listed as a deal of the day for today?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind I see were I messed up on Mad Men season two I thought the Blu-ray version of it was going to be $14.99 at BB,(at least thats what all the BF ad sites said) and was waiting for Amazon to match. But it seems that only the regular version was going to be $14.99 at BB and Amazon has already matched that.

I thought Mad Men S2 was going be 14.99 on BR as well. hrmm.
Anyhow I got a full set of Supernatural dvds season for gifts, good deal.

[quote name='madara']I thought Mad Men S2 was going be 14.99 on BR as well. hrmm.
Anyhow I got a full set of Supernatural dvds season for gifts, good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought so to but now that I have the ad in hand and the BF prices all seem to be posted on BB website it seems that only the regular set wil be $14.99.

I just bought Gladiator and Braveheart for $10 each. Followed by Major League and Transporter 3 for $12.99 each. I'm not sure if the latter two are special sale prices but it seems like it. They aren't as cheap as the others but they're both movies I've been wanting for a while.

That's not including the four ten dollar blu-rays I've bought over the past few days. Good time to stock up on my collection, which was pretty small. But it's going to make me broke. And then there's The Dark Knight tomorrow. lol

Picked up Ice Age 3 and Live Free or Die Hard blu rays along with some wii games :)

amazon is seriously taking names and kicking ass..... hard.

Grabbed Ice Age, tempted on Die Hard. Amazon is rocking these deals so far. All they need is an older Disney Blu or two (Bolt, Rata, or Bugs Life plz)

bread's done
Back