Amazon's Holiday Deals Calendar: Cyber Monday Deals Week

Halo 4 for Xbox 360 will be $14.99 at 11:10 AM EST. They've also added Assassins Creed I & II again for PC, probably gonna be $6.99 again like the last five times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm DA:I for $45 is very tempting. After reading about the shit storm that is the Halo: MCC release I'm regretting having gotten that as my free game from MS... wish I had picked DA instead, at least until they actually fix the MP on Halo. What to do, what to do...

As someone who lives outside North America and Europe, Amazon is really the only choice for shopping online. It sucks that they're not at all like they used to be, especially for Black Friday and end of year deals.

CS may be willing to give you a refund of the difference in credit. Always worth a try.
Not exactly sure if there are any exceptions during Black Friday, but Amazon definitely gives price adjustments within 7 days of having placed the order should they lower the price of the item in that timeframe. So yeah, it's definitely worth contacting CS like Armstrong suggested.

Ha, you still get UPS? I've been getting USPS lately.
Same here, and USPS just fudged up one of my orders. I got Shadow of Mordor Thursday morning from Amazon. With Prime shipping it was guaranteed to be there Saturday. It's now Monday and not only have I not received it, according to the tracking information, the package has been collecting dust at my local Post Office. If I don't see it "Out for Delivery" I might just go to my Post Office and see if they'd release the package if they can even find it...

I love Amazon and for the most part their shipping has been dead on, but sometimes when they go with cheaper options it really shows.

If the order is showing "Guaranteed Deliver On xx/xx/xx" when you have Prime and they miss that date due to non-delivery, contact Amazon CS and bitch about it.   They did that for me once recently and they extended my Prime subscription by a month.

You're paying for 2-day delivery and if they miss the guarantee, take them to task for it.

Not sure if has been mentioned but Diablo 3 Ulitimate edition for ps4 is supposed to be 19.99 but is showing at 39.99. Are there any amazon people here right now that could fix this?

Not sure if has been mentioned but Diablo 3 Ulitimate edition for ps4 is supposed to be 19.99 but is showing at 39.99. Are there any amazon people here right now that could fix this?
I noticed that earlier. I think the 19.99 is an error. Should probably say "from 19.99" seeing as how that is the current price of both last gen versions.

Do you know if they honor mistakes?
It shows 19.99 - 34.95 on it now. Plus unless if we are looking at different things the picture shows the Xbox 360 version so you would have had a pretty hard time convincing them that it was a mistake and that the 19.99 price should apply to all titles and not just the one pictures.

It shows 19.99 - 34.95 on it now. Plus unless if we are looking at different things the picture shows the Xbox 360 version so you would have had a pretty hard time convincing them that it was a mistake and that the 19.99 price should apply to all titles and not just the one pictures.
I got a picture of it showing the ps4 version for 19.99 and the link going to the ps4 version, so I think I might try calling and see if I can get it.

Absolutely. Its not just about the pricing. They used to be aggressive in other ways as well, including the promotional credits. The Amazon we have right now is like the exact opposite of the Amazon we had 2-3 years ago. They literally give me no reason whatsoever to shop there during sales like Black Friday, hence why I walked away this year without buying a single thing from Amazon.
Amazon doesn't need to discount like mad anymore to gain market share and they barely make a profit as is. I find it interesting how the vocal minority bitches and moans about lack of great deals, yet the vast majority of people (self included) are shopping more than ever on Amazon. Shows how perception and reality are often quite different.

http://www.businessinsider.com/black-friday-was-amazons-busiest-day-ever-2014-11

Can I get opinions on Battlefield 4 on ps4? It's 20 right now for the standard edition. I liked really bad company 2 and Battlefield 3, but I heard 4 was a buggy mess. Did they fix all that?

thanks for the info. i got dragon age; it came out to $48 with tax. i think the estimated delivery date is way too long, even with the amazon prime trial, but i'm glad i'll be getting the game.

thanks for the info. i got dragon age; it came out to $48 with tax. i think the estimated delivery date is way too long, even with the amazon prime trial, but i'm glad i'll be getting the game.
When I preordered the amazon stick on the first day/hour it was up, the order said December 19th. Got it last week, so would take the date with a grain of salt, just to cover themselves.

Amazon doesn't need to discount like mad anymore to gain market share and they barely make a profit as is. I find it interesting how the vocal minority bitches and moans about lack of great deals, yet the vast majority of people (self included) are shopping more than ever on Amazon. Shows how perception and reality are often quite different.

http://www.businessinsider.com/black-friday-was-amazons-busiest-day-ever-2014-11
Not sure how the article linked about Amazon UK has anything to do with your point. While people may be buying more of certain items on Amazon than ever before, the article says nothing about people buying more video games on Amazon than other retailers or ever before. From my personal experience, Amazon went from being my top choice for games three years ago to a distant third behind Best Buy and Target. I think the severe discounting of GCU has made Best Buy far and away the choice of the majority of CAGs and with Amazon increasing prices for Prime and doing little more than just matching other retailers (and not really even matching Best Buy when you factor in the extra 20% GCU discount), I doubt most CAGs consider them to be the first choice for gaming purchases.

Speak for yourself, I guess. This is the first year in about a decade that I haven't bought a single game from Amazon during the holiday season. I go to where the best deals are, and they aren't on Amazon anymore, so I'm not sure why more people are shopping there (if that's even true).

Not sure how the article linked about Amazon UK has anything to do with your point. While people may be buying more of certain items on Amazon than ever before, the article says nothing about people buying more video games on Amazon than other retailers or ever before. From my personal experience, Amazon went from being my top choice for games three years ago to a distant third behind Best Buy and Target. I think the severe discounting of GCU has made Best Buy far and away the choice of the majority of CAGs and with Amazon increasing prices for Prime and doing little more than just matching other retailers (and not really even matching Best Buy when you factor in the extra 20% GCU discount), I doubt most CAGs consider them to be the first choice for gaming purchases.
Until target disallows price matches along with their other promos and after the events of the last six weeks with everyone and their brother now having a gamer club unlocked membership, I don't there being any debate on this anymore. I guess some cags are living in the past as Amazon fanboys, still.

When I preordered the amazon stick on the first day/hour it was up, the order said December 19th. Got it last week, so would take the date with a grain of salt, just to cover themselves.
when did you order it?

for dragon age, it said they ship between 1 and 3 weeks and that it will be here practically by christmas. i noticed it said the item was temporarily out of stock and it would ship when they get more, so maybe that has something to do with it.

today it's says it's back in stock, and new orders for the ps3, 360, and pc versions will arrive on dec. 4th with 1 day shipping.

i don't really mind because i don't need the game right this second, but i don't like the inconsistency with their delivery estimates.

EDIT: scratch that. not even 10 minutes after i replied to you, i got an email from amazon saying the delivery date is now thursday, dec. 4th. much better than 3 weeks.

Even if I had unlimited funds this past BF and CM, I still couldnt find much for than Mordor for PS4 to buy. Certainly one of the most dissapointing BF/CM in the last few years :(

Speak for yourself, I guess. This is the first year in about a decade that I haven't bought a single game from Amazon during the holiday season. I go to where the best deals are, and they aren't on Amazon anymore, so I'm not sure why more people are shopping there (if that's even true).
QFT only thing i grabbed from amazon this year was legend of korra for 3ds and a couple old psp games on a whim

Yea with GCU and Amazon and Best Buy competing in prices, I don't remember the last time I even bought a game from anywhere else besides best buy.  20% is a lot, especially when a full priced Best Buy game will likely still be cheaper than an on-sale game anywhere else. That being said, I snagged MGS5 Ground Zeroes from Sears for $5 when I got the chance.

bread's done
Back