Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
UK and the rest, just one wave ago, had perpetual stock even after it was released in the US. Now it's instagone!

I remember the numbers someone posted a while back, which clearly declares Nintendo's strategy:

Wave 1: 300K units manufactured per figure.

Wave 4: 15K units per figure.
Was this from a credible source? Even if not, I can definitely believe those numbers... if there's one thing that'll help Nintendo, it's hype.

I wonder when my 2 jiggly puffs will arrive. I got in on the first preorder.

Should I clean my microwave before I melt it or do the food chunks add value?

I have a couple preorders at Walmart and I used PayPal to pay, however the status on my Paypal account went from pending to expired recently. Is this cause for concern or what? My order status through Walmart still shows as Processing.

Hah, finally prepared to pay $9 over retail per figure, right out of the gate, and I miss it. I was only aiming for ZSS, Palutena, and the Yarn Yoshis at this point.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that some in UK are ticked over North America swiping a chunk of there preorder allocation. Wonder what % we account for? 

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that some in UK are ticked over North America swiping a chunk of there preorder allocation. Wonder what % we account for?
Eh, I'm sure the reverse is true and global markets dip into amazon.com as well. Don't think many other US retailers ship globally though, and those go fast enough as is.

Hah, finally prepared to pay $9 over retail per figure, right out of the gate, and I miss it. I was only aiming for ZSS, Palutena, and the Yarn Yoshis at this point.

There was actually a quite-thorough discussion on reddit regarding this awhile back. Was one of the few threads that made the subreddit worth reading.

Order ZSS, Ganon, and Palutena as a "just in case" for those who may not care about region specificity. Figure its no harm no foul with Amazon since there's no charge until they ship.

I guess Ganondorf will have to wait.

The rest will almost certainly go up during this next meeting.

I had all four in my cart and the total with shipping was $88.xx.  A bit too much for me to pay since I ended up with 3 separate orders for wave 4 stuff at MSRP or lower.  I think I'll wait and trust that I'll be able to get them somewhere else.  

Also, I wasn't sure about the date, but amazon.uk was saying May 7th.  Is that really the release day for EU?

I had all four in my cart and the total with shipping was $88.xx. A bit too much for me to pay since I ended up with 3 separate orders for wave 4 stuff at MSRP or lower. I think I'll wait and trust that I'll be able to get them somewhere else.

Also, I wasn't sure about the date, but amazon.uk was saying May 7th. Is that really the release day for EU?
Delivery dates are this though: Wednesday, 27 May 2015 - Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Yeah, I saw that. If I can pre-order I will, but if I have to go to the store for that one I'll just skip it.
I sort of envy you... having the gold one but not the silver one I think would drive me crazy. (Though I guess I've survived not having Villager, so maybe I'm not as bad as I think?)

Grabbed Dark Pit, Samus, Palutena and Ganondorf....all must haves for me, the last 4 of the SSB series that I had to have (though Ill be getting them all lol), the rest I will wait for US versions. I also opened a chat with Amazon.uk and they waived the shipping on my 2nd order since I made two separate orders. Only ends up being about $5 more per figure so not bad.

Grabbed all four from amazon UK. Less stress is worth the price difference and I can always cancel if I manage to snag a US pre-order down the line. 

Was able to grab ZSS, Palutena and Ganondorf in one order and Dark Pit in a second.  All kind of pricey, but it is worth the peace of mind to have these orders in place while waiting for cheaper alternatives.

even though i have all of wave 4 preordered (with the anticipation of jigglypuff being canceled thanks to the lack of incompetent on my part for putting the wrong billing address), i am going to be waiting in line for jigglypuff on release day as well as some other amiibos since online preorders are infamous of getting canceled.  

So sad that Nintendo made you guys feel this why, I had them all in cart and said, "I like to pay reasonable prices" lol ...........But I get the piece of mind thing

They show a May 7th release date but isnt it supposed to be mid June for these in the UK and like July here in the US? With Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus supposed to be Sept in the States?

I sort of envy you... having the gold one but not the silver one I think would drive me crazy. (Though I guess I've survived not having Villager, so maybe I'm not as bad as I think?)
Yeah, I think what killed my enthusiasm for silver mario was gold mario. He just looks kind of meh. I open all mine and everything I have I got for MSRP or less (including a free Villager). I think I've been so lucky with getting everything I wanted that I'm not crazy about getting stuff I don't want. Of course, if I miss out on one I really want I'd probably be as crazy as everyone else.

So sad that Nintendo made you guys feel this why, I had them all in cart and said, "I like to pay reasonable prices" lol ...........But I get the piece of mind thing
All I really wanted was Ganadorf. The rest are for my manager, but I wont lie I did order two Dark Pits. One for my manager and the other so I can make any attempts to get a Ness. I hate that I have to go to such lengths just to obtain the only amiibo I want from wave 4
O27GWRK.gif

Ordered Palutena and Zero Suit Samus when they were up.  Then submitted another order for Palutena, ZSS, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit when they became available. 

I had Ganondorf and ZSS in cart but decided not to get them as it said that they'll be released on May 7 and that is before the US Wave, therefore they wouldn't really work as backups if they are shipping earlier than the US release :S

You know I bet the NA amiibos are always delayed compared to the rest of the world just because they work on those stupid retailer exclusivity agreements.

I got an order in for ZSS, Ganon and Palutena.  Then I saw Dark Pit hit so I was able to order all of them again plus Dark Pit and both orders are sitting there.

I may just leave it then sell the extras for what I paid for them.  

Also, I have sent messages to people regarding other extras I have.  Sorry for the delay, I have worked 14 out of the last 15 days for 12 hour shifts.

Yeesh, Wave 5 went up on Amazon UK like 2 minutes after I went out to mow my lawn.
That's what I get for trying to be responsible! :lol:

No big deal though, I'm sure there will be more chances to get them over the next few months. :)

dunno if anyone's posted this, but looking into the future...4 out of the next 7 were up for preorder today..leaving Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr and Olimar out.  I'm wondering if this might be any early clue as to the 'retailer exclusives' for that wave.

I know when wave 4 went up, gren and jiggly were left out initially and they ended up being retailer exclusive here in US, but Ness bucked the trend and was available from the start, and is Gamestop specific here.

Anywho, I'd guess Olimar will be next gamestop, Dr. Mario to target, and Bowser Jr to TRU.  Thoughts?

Darn, missed out on Jigglypuff and Greninja again..would have been great to order from amazon uk since they gave me credit since they havent sent me Ness yet

dunno if anyone's posted this, but looking into the future...4 out of the next 7 were up for preorder today..leaving Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr and Olimar out. I'm wondering if this might be any early clue as to the 'retailer exclusives' for that wave.

I know when wave 4 went up, gren and jiggly were left out initially and they ended up being retailer exclusive here in US, but Ness bucked the trend and was available from the start, and is Gamestop specific here.

Anywho, I'd guess Olimar will be next gamestop, Dr. Mario to target, and Bowser Jr to TRU. Thoughts?
Those three are coming out a month later in Europe than the ones that were put up today. So I don't think it means anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back