Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep seeing amiibospot promoted tweets on my twitter feed. anybody know anything about this site
According to some posts I was reading on reddit yesterday it was banned from the site and so was the "creator" or "curator" of the site who kept posting about it. I'll throw a link up once I get a chance or you can just check it out on reddit.

1 of my 4 yesasia orders got canceled so far. They issued an immediate refund on my paypal. I know I'm late to the preorders they just put up but I figured I would try again since they seem to be better now about refunding.

Placed an order for Ness and Lucina... but I'm guessing that since this was posted over 3 hours ago, I'm SoL.:whistle2:/
If it makes you feel any better, you're less SOL than people who ordered from YesAsia a week after initial restock preorders went up.

YesAsia is finally shipping their pre-orders placed back on March 17th. The cancellation was my second order which was placed 27 minutes later after posting the links here (which is completely understandable).

My first order shipped! There is hope for CAGs who placed their pre-orders early enough.

BOTjNqw.png
Man I ordered mine on the 18th :( They haven't cancelled yet though which is nice

gave yesasia a shot on Lucina and Robin, hopefully they come through. now all i need is Greninja, and i still need a Meta Knight. he was gone by the time i got there.

My YesAsia orders of Villager and Mac are still there. As long as Mac goes through I'll be content. I was able to snag a Villager from Amazon JP last night and it already shipped.

I feel like this can be filed under the #pleaseunderstand BS... When I can go to Walmart and grab Ike instead of countless people from oversees showing pics like Ike is common then I'll believe some Nintendo pie charts
I went to Shinjuku the day Shulk came out around noon so after 3 hours of it coming out and the guy working told me it sold out in 15 minutes. I preordered the two newest FE characters and went to pick them up the day of release and they were sold out out. I still haven't found Shulk. I did get lucky with Marth and Ike I preordered too but now those are hard to find as well.

If it makes you feel any better, you're less SOL than people who ordered from YesAsia a week after initial restock preorders went up.
Not really... since I got my order in pretty early the last time they were up and still haven't received a shipping notice. :p Then again, I haven't received a cancellation notice either so... I guess that's something.

Ordered this morning for $12.99. We'll see if it gets cancelled.
Isn't that just a figure that isn't an Amiibo?
Yes it is... I almost made the mistake of ordering it, until I noticed it was only $13 versus $20-ish for most of the others.

You do know you can't cancel orders on yesasia right? Only they can cancel on you.
Yeah that is definitely not true. Me and another Amiibo collector were able to send emails to them and get refunds (NOT store credit) as we found what we needed elsewhere. Glad to hear some of you are getting shipping notifications. I didn't have any luck from YA, but no problems either.

Yeah that is definitely not true. Me and another Amiibo collector were able to send emails to them and get refunds (NOT store credit) as we found what we needed elsewhere. Glad to hear some of you are getting shipping notifications. I didn't have any luck from YA, but no problems either.
I thought you can only request a refund if they don't have stock by the time product is supposed to ship. But in the other guys case, he said he wants to cancel his yesasia order if he finds US versions on May 29th. I'm pretty sure they do not allow cancellations and refunds just for any reason.

Well, this is a disheartening statement from Iwata, it's basically a really long version of please understand.

""Our consumers have been inconvenienced by stock shortages on some of the figures in our amiibo lineup," he said. "We have increased production for amiibo figures that have sold out very quickly after launch, that are indispensable to play a certain game and for which we have received strong demand from retailers and consumers.

"However, we are very sorry that we can't promise at what point we will likely be able to resolve the current situation because figures such as these require a considerable amount of time to produce, store shelf space is limited and it is difficult to precisely predict the exact amount of overall demand."

I thought you can only request a refund if they don't have stock by the time product is supposed to ship. But in the other guys case, he said he wants to cancel his yesasia order if he finds US versions on May 29th. I'm pretty sure they do not allow cancellations and refunds just for any reason.
So it's not like other sites that put an authorization on your card for a few days, then it goes away until it ships? They charge the amount and keep it unless they cancel and refund it?

store shelf space is limited and it is difficult to precisely predict the exact amount of overall demand."
I got a good laugh from that part. Walk into any best buy and you will see well over 50% empty pegs, the rest are populated with mario.

Maybe it WAS difficult to predict the demand, but it should be quite easy now.

So it's not like other sites that put an authorization on your card for a few days, then it goes away until it ships? They charge the amount and keep it unless they cancel and refund it?
Well if you pay with Paypal, they'll charge right away, if by credit card they won't charge till it ships.

I got a good laugh from that part. Walk into any best buy and you will see well over 50% empty pegs, the rest are populated with mario.

Maybe it WAS difficult to predict the demand, but it should be quite easy now.
Yea the shelf part was pretty funny. In terms of gauging demand, I wonder if Iwata meant engaging true demand, as in how much currently demand is caused by scalpers and hype driven buyers.

Well I don't think it's realistic to expect US versions of some of these at similar prices anytime soon if at all. That's why I decided to get rid of this YA order that's been pending for nearly 2 months and got them elsewhere. So definitely possible contrary to what others have been saying.

And then of course 2 days later they start to ship -.- Oh well, no gain no loss.

Yea the shelf part was pretty funny. In terms of gauging demand, I wonder if Iwata meant engaging true demand, as in how much currently demand is caused by scalpers and hype driven buyers.
This can all be solved by simply having online preorders directly through Nintendo's own site.

Cut the middle man (retailers) and get a good basis of how much of each figure to produce.

Make a couple thousand extra, if needed, to send to retailers who want more stock.

Keep preorders open for two weeks, make that amount, any that remain from canceled orders sell directly once in stock or give to retailers.

Once stock runs out open preorders again in a few months. Continue this cycle for each of the rare figures.

Every month have 3-5 different characters available to preorder until each character has been put up, then restart the cycle of characters.

This solves the problem of gauging how much to make, and dealing with shelf space issues.

This can all be solved by simply having online preorders directly through Nintendo's own site.

Cut the middle man (retailers) and get a good basis of how much of each figure to produce.

Make a couple thousand extra, if needed, to send to retailers who want more stock.

Keep preorders open for two weeks, make that amount, any that remain from canceled orders sell directly once in stock or give to retailers.

Once stock runs out open preorders again in a few months. Continue this cycle for each of the rare figures.

Every month have 3-5 different characters available to preorder until each character has been put up, then restart the cycle of characters.

This solves the problem of gauging how much to make, and dealing with shelf space issues.
This is exactly what I was thinking lol pretty easy to "predict." This just shows me that they're artificially creating demand.

That idea makes sense so nintendo won't do it. Please understand.

Seriously you should run that company.

I'm not sure Nintendo's website and servers would have the necessary power to handle that many pre-orders. You all saw what happened when they announced that Club Nintendo was going away. Then again when they announced the Gold and Plat rewards for this year.

If they were to make an announcement that they were directly taking preorders, they would probably think that they were under a DDOS attack they'd be hit so hard.

I'm not sure Nintendo's website and servers would have the necessary power to handle that many pre-orders. You all saw what happened when they announced that Club Nintendo was going away. Then again when they announced the Gold and Plat rewards for this year.

If they were to make an announcement that they were directly taking preorders, they would probably think that they were under a DDOS attack they'd be hit so hard.
Nintendo is a tech company. Their inability to run a website as simple as CN was is not only laughable, but downright humiliating. If they weren't so damn cheap they'd have this nipped in the bud a decade ago, then selling amiibo's on their website would be a non-issue.

Last edited:
Interesting.  About 2 hours ago, Target just charged my credit card for my Jigglypuff order from the very first round of preorders.  What the hell are you doing, Target?

https://twitter.com/nintendo_world/status/596409822506979328
Awesome! Just booked my flight to NYC for May 28 since it's cheaper than Amiibos on eBay. Also saving money since I'm sleeping on the street in front of the Nintendo World Store instead of in a hotel.

Awesome! Just booked my flight to NYC for May 28 since it's cheaper than Amiibos on eBay. Also saving money since I'm sleeping on the street in front of the Nintendo World Store instead of in a hotel.
If you are lining up on May 28th don't expect to get any Fire Emblem amiibos. You'd better be in line by the 21st for those fuckers :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back