Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Ike reprint for Gamestop preorders is likely not going to be 'til June or July? Greeeaaaat. Now I feel even happier about the fact that they sold my preorder to someone else back in February.  :wall: 

So the Ike reprint for Gamestop preorders is likely not going to be 'til June or July? Greeeaaaat. Now I feel even happier about the fact that they sold my preorder to someone else back in February. :wall:
TRU done the same with my ike. they should give you free ike or atleast 50% when ike is back.

ANNOUNCED AMIIBO RESTOCK REPORT (EU, JP, and NA):

WAVE 1:
Marth: Japanese reprints have been released. European and North American restocks are confirmed but specific dates are not set. NA restock will be in May.

Villager: Japanese reprints have been released. European restocks are confirmed but dates are not set.

WAVE 2:

Captain Falcon: Japanese reprints have been released. European restocks are confirmed but dates are not set.

Little Mac: Japanese reprints have been released. European restocks are confirmed but dates are not set.

WAVE 3:

Rosalina: No word on SSB version reprints. Leaks from Mario Party 10 suggest an imminent Super Mario Series (SMS) Rosalina amiibo.

Meta Knight: Restocks have been confirmed for Europe. The North American CPSIA page has been updated for one extra month.

Shulk: Gamestop allowed new preorders for nearly an hour on February 12th, 2015 for both online and web-in-store purchase with a release date of May 1st. Multiple reports of Gamstop customer service suggest that shipments may occur in July or August, but store employees are out of the loop largely. The CPSIA page for Shulk was updated to include an April 2015 production run on May 1st. None of this necessarily means that Shulk amiibo will be available at retail at re-release.

Ike: No official word on a NA restock. The CPSIA page for Ike was updated on April 10th, 2015 to include one extra month of Ike production. Unfulfilled orders at Gamestop are rumored to be shipped in June or July.

King Dedede: No official word on a NA restock. Unfulfilled orders at Gamestop are rumored to be shipped in June or July.

Sonic: is still not rare... but the CPSIA page gained a month recently

WAVE 4:

hahahahah gl
It seems kinda strange the way they're reprinting some of the rares but not others (WFT, Pit, etc.).

Is there a reliable website in Japan that'll ship to the US?  I need to get a Little Mac for my brother.  His birthday is next week, and if I can get ahold of a reprint, it'll make his day.

Is there a reliable website in Japan that'll ship to the US? I need to get a Little Mac for my brother. His birthday is next week, and if I can get ahold of a reprint, it'll make his day.
Not sure if there are any Japanese websites that ship to the U.S. that has any in stock. Your best bet is eBay but I don't think you'd get it by next week. This is $37 shipped:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/271861274794

Amazon has some from 26.50 of the reprints not sure if they will ship in time for the birthday though since they are all from Japanese sellers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00O9GP9AM/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_gam_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1430936829&sr=8-1&keywords=little+mac
Thanks to both litepink and daver16! I feel dumb for not even thinking of checking the US Amazon site. Whoops. It may not arrive in time for his birthday, but he'll love it when it does arrive.

[attachment=14232:amiibo-pre-order-toys-r-us.jpg]

Yes, says Fall 2015, but also says, "Date subject to change." Didn't see this posted...

My very first Japanese import just arrived. I'm super impressed that it only took (3) business days via EMS. For those who are considering importing these items, here's the price breakdown:

(4) amiibo $43USD

(3) wiii remotes $97USD

EMS/Japan Post with tracking and signature confirmation $33USD

A friend in Japan purchasing these locally and preparing them for shipment, priceless!

APNpOfE.jpg
YLniqdT.jpg

wCLTFLA.jpg

ehGS8V6.jpg

My very first Japanese import just arrived. I'm super impressed that it only took (3) business days via EMS. For those who are considering importing these items, here's the price breakdown:

(4) amiibo $43USD

(3) wiii remotes $97USD

A friend in Japan purchasing these locally and preparing them for shipment, priceless!

APNpOfE.jpg
YLniqdT.jpg

wCLTFLA.jpg

ehGS8V6.jpg
Can those wiimotes be used on US systems?

(4) amiibo $43USD

(3) wiii remotes $97USD

APNpOfE.jpg
YLniqdT.jpg

wCLTFLA.jpg

ehGS8V6.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GoCvuu0dlQ

Its super hard to buy Wii-motes off of eBay now too, the Wii-Mote bootleg market is insane, and they are so so good at it now.

I've been waiting over 2 years now for those Mario/Luigi/Peach wiimotes to drop in price -- just refused to pay full MSRP and can't use GCU on 'em.  Cheapest I ever saw them was $35 at Target one time I think... can't believe they haven't gone on "clearance" anywhere ever yet. 

I've been waiting over 2 years now for those Mario/Luigi/Peach wiimotes to drop in price -- just refused to pay full MSRP and can't use GCU on 'em. Cheapest I ever saw them was $35 at Target one time I think... can't believe they haven't gone on "clearance" anywhere ever yet.
I found a few peach and mario ones at Kmart when they were closing down for roughly $30. They are probably picked clean at this point but it might be worth checking if you are close to one.

Doesn't Nintendo still officially produce Wiimotes? Since many Wii U games use them?
Doesn't Nintendo still officially produce amiibos? Since many Wii U games use them?

lol I think it's hilarious a question like this has to be asked especially in an amiibo thread. When you actually have to ask question like this I don't see how anyone can argue that Nintendo hasn't screwed up royally. But seriously Wii Remotes are everywhere, so AFAIK yes. Though, interestingly enough, I haven't seen the white Wii remote on sale anywhere in a long, long time so I question whether or not it was discontinued.

Last edited:
Doesn't Nintendo still officially produce amiibos? Since many Wii U games use them?

lol I think it's hilarious a question like this has to be asked especially in an amiibo thread. When you actually have to ask question like this I don't see how anyone can argue that Nintendo hasn't screwed up royally. But seriously Wii Remotes are everywhere, so AFAIK yes. Though, interestingly enough, I haven't seen the white Wii remote on sale anywhere in a long, long time so I question whether or not it was discontinued.
Since the Wii U uses only the Wii Remote Plus, I don't think they still make regular ones anymore. I've only ever see the Plus remotes new in stores.

Saw this on reddit, Amiami has Villager and Little Mac in stock at MSRP, but it's for japanese customers only so you'll need a Tenso account (or other import service) to get them.

They stopped making the standard Wii remote and the WM+ dongle forever ago.  That's old news.

Not sure what happened to the white WM+ remotes though.

Last edited:
The Amiibo Problem - by Kotaku editor in chief Stephen Totilo

http://kotaku.com/the-amiibo-problem-1702811182

the final few paragraphs summarize the situation well enough.
I like how Nintendo made it a point to mention that the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede amiibos would all be compatible for the newest Kirby game but neglected to mention Kirby was probably the only one most people would be able to use on the count of the other two being impossible to obtain. Just like the Fire Emblem + S.T.E.A.M thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back