Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG youre not going to believe this. I probably shouldn't even post this, but this was just left at the front by USPS. the other 2 boxes came earlier from UPS

attachicon.gif
ness4.jpg

PS for the massive amounts of PM requests Im getting, the only ones I need are robin/lucina and I think im already trading for them as long as they don't flake like the first guy. Im saving 3 for my collection (2 sealed, 1 open) and will probably save the rest for trade fodder for the next wave since I already have all the others released so far.
How did you get so many I doubt gamestop sent all these as a sorry lol

OMG youre not going to believe this. I probably shouldn't even post this, but this was just left at the front by USPS. the other 2 boxes came earlier from UPS

attachicon.gif
ness4.jpg

PS for the massive amounts of PM requests Im getting, the only ones I need are robin/lucina and I think im already trading for them as long as they don't flake like the first guy. Im saving 3 for my collection (2 sealed, 1 open) and will probably save the rest for trade fodder for the next wave since I already have all the others released so far.
Methinks corporate accidentally swapped the addresses around and thought your address was a fulfillment center or something...

Crazy though, really is.

Homeboy literally got a district-full of Ness for free and is hoarding them all for trade fodder.

I think we have just witnessed the birth of the true cheap ass.
Yeah...he owes us them :whistle2:k

They are his, until you get 12 or so of the rarest Amiibo of the wave don't act like you know that you would do any differently.

On top of that, he said he ordered one of everything. He's still got to trade to get those as well.

attachicon.gif
ness4.jpg

did I miss the ness3.jpg or did you just skip it?

ness4.jpg

Reddit. Post. Now.

Congrats on one of the luckiest screw ups I've seen. I'm laughing my ass off.

This thread has too many post since Friday for me to search previous posts.  Would someone mind filling me in regarding Amazon and Lucina?  I was out of town and made a point to check during the designated time on my phone for the better part of an hour and never saw it come up?  Did I just miss it because there was so few or did they never list her?

Amazon released the Wave 4 characters one by one in 30 minute intervals. Lucina and Robin only lasted 10-30 seconds before being sold out. 

For Lucina I made it to the cart but sold out before finalizing =(

But learned my lesson and was able to nab Robin.

Yeah...he owes us them :whistle2:k

They are his, until you get 12 or so of the rarest Amiibo of the wave don't act like you know that you would do any differently.

On top of that, he said he ordered one of everything. He's still got to trade to get those as well.
I think the situation is fucking hilarious. And I have the full set and then some so it's not any sort of jealousy.

And I have given away a Robin and Lucina, a Metaknight, and a couple other rares for free or MSRP. So I think I have a general idea what I would do with that many lol.

And if he posted that on Reddit he would be the most downvoted thread in the sub and probably get banned by a jealous mod

Homeboy literally got a district-full of Ness for free and is hoarding them all for trade fodder.
I think we have just witnessed the birth of the true cheap ass.
So i should give them away and the beg and pray for someone to give me something from wave 5 that i need? Im in the middle of a trade for the ones i need with other CAGs, not really sure what you expect me to do. Just give you free shit? This isn't bread and water during a food shortage, it's a damn plastic toy.

Ps they werent free, i paid $12.99 plus tax :)

I think it's only fair he sends me one at cost. He has to pay shipping though because I would have used a promo code for shipping.

I also have a $5 off anything coupon at GS so he needs to deduct $5 from the cost too.

This thread has too many post since Friday for me to search previous posts. Would someone mind filling me in regarding Amazon and Lucina? I was out of town and made a point to check during the designated time on my phone for the better part of an hour and never saw it come up? Did I just miss it because there was so few or did they never list her?
People were refreshing like mad and didn't see it come in stock. I know I was refreshing and the only reason I knew I missed it was this board.

attachicon.gif
ness4.jpg

Where in NorCal are you? I'm in the Bay Area. If you're close enough, I'd gladly meet you somewhere and buy one off of you/trade a NIB Lucina for one.

I think the situation is fucking hilarious. And I have the full set and then some so it's not any sort of jealousy.

And I have given away a Robin and Lucina, a Metaknight, and a couple other rares for free or MSRP. So I think I have a general idea what I would do with that many lol.

And if he posted that on Reddit he would be the most downvoted thread in the sub and probably get banned by a jealous mod
...I've got a full set too, so what? AANNDD I've given away 12 Metaknight, 13 Marths, 2343 Charizard and 10 Ness. So look at me.

Point is they are his and his alone. It sounds like there will be a lot of work to get the rest of the wave for him, and a lot of shipping.

Lol. Are there still people believing that Nintendo is not doing this on purpose? It's wave 4 already and Nintendo still can't meet demand if they wanted to? These Amiibos are a scalpers dreams. It's even turned gamers into scalpers. They are promoting these Amiibos for in game use to unlock certain things but gamers can't get there hands on them to use. Go into majority of retailers and see an Amiibos section of Marios, Luigis, and Bowsers. Why promote these things if you're not going to make enough to meet demand? Make one print of maybe 10,000 if that many, and then discontinue them. Put all the power in the scalpers hands. People defend Nintendo and say "oh, it's not easy to just reprint these". Nonsense. Nintendo is loaded with money and can easily have this done but they choose not to. It's been obvious from wave 1 that the demand is there, so meet it Nintendo.

Never insinuated they should be free, make a joke and everyone gets all butthurt and defensive.

I just think its a bit funny in the past I have seen people harped at here simply for going for 2 of a rare amiibo and "Stealing stock from someone deserving" or something.

Amazon released the Wave 4 characters one by one in 30 minute intervals. Lucina and Robin only lasted 10-30 seconds before being sold out.

For Lucina I made it to the cart but sold out before finalizing =(

But learned my lesson and was able to nab Robin.

People were refreshing like mad and didn't see it come in stock. I know I was refreshing and the only reason I knew I missed it was this board.
Thank you both for the reply. Figured it was something like that but wanted confirmation.

Lol. Are there still people believing that Nintendo is not doing this on purpose? It's wave 4 already and Nintendo still can't meet demand if they wanted to? These Amiibos are a scalpers dreams. It's even turned gamers into scalpers. They are promoting these Amiibos for in game use to unlock certain things but gamers can't get there hands on them to use. Go into majority of retailers and see an Amiibos section of Marios, Luigis, and Bowsers. Why promote these things if you're not going to make enough to meet demand? Make one print of maybe 10,000 if that many, and then discontinue them. Put all the power in the scalpers hands. People defend Nintendo and say "oh, it's not easy to just reprint these". Nonsense. Nintendo is loaded with money and can easily have this done but they choose not to. It's been obvious from wave 1 that the demand is there, so meet it Nintendo.
Look at Silver Mario. Nintendo made tons of them and no one wants Silver Mario. Nintendo knows what they're doing. They need to make it rare or else no one wants it.

Look at Silver Mario. Nintendo made tons of them and no one wants Silver Mario. Nintendo knows what they're doing. They need to make it rare or else no one wants it.
Because Silver Mario is just a Mario painted silver. It adds nothing new. People want new characters but give a people a chance to get them. Disney makes tons of their Infinity characters and they sell regardless of not being rare. These aren't only for gameplay but for Nintendo collectors also. Nintendo is in the blind thinking that people only want Mario and Luigi.

I think giving priority to any store is borderline retarted. You would think the money they world make 2 times the amount of the store specific ones. Oh well looks like I will be paying 40+ for a Ness in the future glad I got a Fox from Best Buy.

So i should give them away and the beg and pray for someone to give me something from wave 5 that i need? Im in the middle of a trade for the ones i need with other CAGs, not really sure what you expect me to do. Just give you free shit? This isn't bread and water during a food shortage, it's a damn plastic toy.

We need a picture of ALL Ness just for the sheer awesomeNESS, plus never again will there be that many Ness in a single place.

Because Silver Mario is just a Mario painted silver. It adds nothing new. People want new characters but give a people a chance to get them. Disney makes tons of their Infinity characters and they sell regardless of not being rare. These aren't only for gameplay but for Nintendo collectors also. Nintendo is in the blind thinking that people only want Mario and Luigi.
And Gold Mario is only a Mario painted gold. That one was limited and it sold out.

I think giving priority to any store is borderline retarted. You would think the money they world make 2 times the amount of the store specific ones. Oh well looks like I will be paying 40+ for a Ness in the future glad I got a Fox from Best Buy.

Nintendo could produce less of the ones they know damn well are sitting on shelves, and slightly more of the ones they know are in demand and way underproduced.

Everyone wins.

Do you guys think that Nintendo will produce more of the Fire Emblem characters when If releases in the U.S.? About to sell this Robin while the going is still good.

Today has been a good day.

I got an email informing me that my Jigglypuff and Greninja shipped from Japan today.

I got my Splatoon three pack from Wal Mart.
I got a Ness delivered to my house.
I got a Ness delivered to another house.

I got an email informing me Shulk has shipped.

Do you guys think that Nintendo will produce more of the Fire Emblem characters when If releases in the U.S.? About to sell this Robin while the going is still good.
Have you seen the pathetic Marth restock? If you really want Robin then hold onto him.

And Gold Mario is only a Mario painted gold. That one was limited and it sold out.
And how many were made? Probably not near as many as even the short supply Nintendo usually makes and it was only sold at Walmart which adds to the small supply. Silver Mario was at all retailers so there is a difference. The point is though, Nintendo can mass produce these and they will sell. The silver Mario has only been out for 3 days, Put 50 more on the shelf and they will sell within time. Only producing enough to last 1 day is stupid. People still want all the Amiibos, but can't get them. Like I said before, Disney mass produced all their Infinity characters and they still sell regardless of rarity.

Have you seen the pathetic Marth restock? If you really want Robin then hold onto him.
I don't care about the quality of the restock. I'm only interested in the content it unlocks in the game. I could care less about the actual figurine. Think I'm going to sell it

Lol I highly doubt many of your PMs were people asking for a free one and I havent seen anyone here (aside from joking) ask you to give them out for free...calm your tits. You posted it on here multiple times, what did you expect? And on another note, I did offer to buy one for $40 but never got a response ;)

I think it's only fair he sends me one at cost. He has to pay shipping though because I would have used a promo code for shipping.

I also have a $5 off anything coupon at GS so he needs to deduct $5 from the cost too.
Thanks, I laughed. I offered to sell some rare Amiibos here a few weeks ago. I got back to everyone and informed them $5 for shipping via UPS. People complaining surprised me. Only one person bought something from me and that was a Japanese Rosalina. I sent it via FedEx and it cost over $11 to ship and I didn't charge him anything over $5.

One person actually asked me to ship a Star Fox for free. I am done trying to sell this stuff here, I will go to eBay.

What I have left if I recall correctly:
US Rosalina
US Ike x2
King Dedede
Star Fox

And now US Ness x2

So basically, you bought Robin cause you liked it but now that you see you can make a few dollars off of it, you are going to sell it? My point exactly. These Amiibos have turned gamers into scalpers or opportunists. Wow Nintendo, your power is strong.

Found a Wario at my local best buy and a Charizard at my Wal-Mart. That makes me happy.

Also was surprised to see Pac-Man and Silver Mario everywhere! Sadly no Lucina, Robin, or Jiggs although that doesn't surprise me.

Indeed. People are petty and jealous. Always looking to blame someone else for their own shortcomings. They can't just say oh cool grats and move on.

Thanks, I laughed. I offered to sell some rare Amiibos here a few weeks ago. I got back to everyone and informed them $5 for shipping via UPS. People complaining surprised me. Only one person bought something from me and that was a Japanese Rosalina. I sent it via FedEx and it cost over $11 to ship and I didn't charge him anything over $5.

One person actually asked me to ship a Star Fox for free. I am done trying to sell this stuff here, I will go to eBay.

US Rosalina
US Ike x2
King Dedede
Star Fox

And now US Ness x2
PM'ed you.

And how many were made? Probably not near as many as even the short supply Nintendo usually makes and it was only sold at Walmart which adds to the small supply. Silver Mario was at all retailers so there is a difference. The point is though, Nintendo can mass produce these and they will sell. The silver Mario has only been out for 3 days, Put 50 more on the shelf and they will sell within time. Only producing enough to last 1 day is stupid. People still want all the Amiibos, but can't get them. Like I said before, Disney mass produced all their Infinity characters and they still sell regardless of rarity.
I agree to a point, but take away the scarcity and at least part of the craze dies down, so who knows what the real demand is like. I'm sure there are a lot of people interested only because they're hard to get, and I'm not just talking about scalpers. With the rare exceptions like Splatoon, Toad, and the FE ones, the functionality they offer isn't all that compelling, is it? And yet if these were in the toy aisle and had no connectivity option, the demand wouldn't be nearly as high.

But yes, the current stock levels are beyond ridiculous. You'd think they were overcorrecting for an FE item that shelf warmed or something.

I'm still kind of amazed that they saw that Peach and Luigi were shelfwarming, and they made second poses of them, which are also shelfwarming, but didn't think to up the production of Toad.

So basically, you bought Robin cause you liked it but now that you see you can make a few dollars off of it, you are going to sell it? My point exactly. These Amiibos have turned gamers into scalpers or opportunists. Wow Nintendo, your power is strong.
Nooo. You're assuming quite a lot there. At the time I purchased the Robin from Walmart's website, I was still fully into purchasing/collecting these things. I've lost interest in just having them. I'm not a collector. Look at my post history. The only Amiibo I purchased on the 29th was the Splatoon three pack because of the content it unlocks in Splatoon. Maybe you should think before calling people "scalpers" and "opportunists" ...

I'm not selling it because I see a chance to make a quick buck..I'm selling it because I have no interest in just owning them and having them on a shelf. Why not throw it up on Ebay and make some extra money in the process? I'm sorry but giving them away at retail seems a bit silly to me. Very few people would do that. Lets be real.

US Rosalina
US Ike x2
King Dedede
Star Fox

And now US Ness x2
Sounds like you wasted about $7-8 on fedex.

But yeah, I'm with you on the selling aspect. People here will complain even when you're dong them a favor, and no one reciprocates.

US Rosalina
US Ike x2
King Dedede
Star Fox

And now US Ness x2
Sent you a PM

Nooo. You're assuming quite a lot there. At the time I purchased the Robin from Walmart's website, I was still fully into purchasing/collecting these things. I've lost interest in just having them. I'm not a collector. Look at my post history. The only Amiibo I purchased on the 29th was the Splatoon three pack because of the content it unlocks in Splatoon. Maybe you should think before calling people "scalpers" and "opportunists" ...
I'm not selling it because I see a chance to make a quick buck..I'm selling it because I have no interest in just owning them and having them on a shelf. Why not throw it up on Ebay and make some extra money in the process? I'm sorry but giving them away at retail seems a bit silly to me. Very few people would do that. Lets be real.
Lol. Well, if you don't want to collect them anymore, sell them to a fellow CAG who does. An opportunist is a person who exploits circumstances. The circumstances are that Robin is rare, and now that prices are very high, you are exploiting that by trying to make a quick profit hence making you an opportunist.

Lol I highly doubt many of your PMs were people asking for a free one and I havent seen anyone here (aside from joking) ask you to give them out for free...calm your tits. You posted it on here multiple times, what did you expect? And on another note, I did offer to buy one for $40 but never got a response ;)
Um because i straight up said i am NOT interested in selling them. But of course like 90 percent of the messages i got you didnt bother to read anything just mememe gimme a ness! Shit. And yes people complained about shipping prices. Im not amazon i cannot ship these 2 day for free "just because." And yes my inbox has been completely bombarded with offers and most of them are crazy. I have a trade in progress and them im done with even trying on this site. No wonder people go to ebay. Hmm sell these for $75 each or ship them off for $40 spending $10 on shipping and getting shit talked to me in the process. I even got a message to "die scalper" Over a fucking amiibo. Seriously people?

Don't get too offended there, Jawwaad1 does like to be high and mighty and cares wayyyyy too much about what others do with their property. This isn't just with you, he's like this with everyone. You have the right to do whatever you want with your Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back