Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, well were other highly desired electronics like the original Wii or other consoles available online? I know I got my Wii from Target that cold November morning. I would have put money on those claiming those titles. Never underestimate the power of Pokemon I suppose (and scalping hype xD.
They probably had a lot more jugglypuffs than wiis. I'm guessing they did fastest sold by using a ratio of units and time.

Saw this on reddit from a Playasia rep:

Hey amiibo hunters (,, ・∀・)ノ゛!!~

In order to give everyone a heads up, we are announcing the re-opening of our Japanese amiibo releasing in June. We will try our best to keep these open for as long as possible, but please keep in mind that we are only opening the below amiibo because our current stock is confirmed – this is the reason why Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, and Ganondorf are not scheduled to open yet, and have been omitted from the list. We'll have an update for these soon.

Without further ado, on Thursday, June 4th, at 11:00 AM (HKT, +8 GMT) we will be re-opening the following amiibo for pre-order (dates = release dates):

As much as we'd love to be able to hook everyone here up with exactly what they want, not all amiibo are created equal and thus our confirmed stock is not either. We apologize in advance to anyone who misses out. That said, you may see some of these amiibo reappear for sale on our site in the event that more stock is suddenly confirmed by our suppliers.

We'll be around to answer any questions you might have about our services and the future availability of amiibo before we make things live. These little plastic demons make our lives hectic, but they sure are cute.

~ Your Play-Asia.com Team Twitter | Facebook

Edit: FYI: All prices will be 19.99, the only exception is Rosalina (Rosetta & Chiko) who will be very limited and 34.99.

Edit2: FAQ: For those who have existing orders for the listed amiibo, you will be glad to know that we allocate on a first come, first serve basis so you can breathe a sigh of relief. However, with lorries going missing we might just refrain from being too bold until we have them safe in our warehouse ;)

All Best Buys in the Triangle (NC) got thier shipments of Meta Knight today. Cary is sold out but Garner has a shelf overflowing. Good luck!

All Best Buys in the Triangle (NC) got thier shipments of Meta Knight today. Cary is sold out but Garner has a shelf overflowing. Good luck!
What the heck. Looks like I'm stopping at Best Buy in addition to TRU on my lunch break.

The only two Gamestops in 50 miles that supposedly have Shulks are way out of my driving range. Arg.

Well, I got offered a new job today.

It's bittersweet because I'll be making more money at the new job but I won't be able to check this Amiibo thread nonstop like I've been able to at my current job.

It's bittersweet because I'll be making more money at the new job but I won't be able to check this Amiibo thread nonstop like I've been able to at my current job.
Congrats, and it sounds like you might break even having to pay scalper prices for everything from here on out! :p

Sounds like you chose poorly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

Edit2: FAQ: For those who have existing orders for the listed amiibo, you will be glad to know that we allocate on a first come, first serve basis so you can breathe a sigh of relief. However, with lorries going missing we might just refrain from being too bold until we have them safe in our warehouse ;)
Hooray, Ness!

Though I'm hoping YesAsia comes through first since it was cheaper there.

My girlfriend stopped in at a Gamestop (that supposedly had Shulk instock) close to her at my request on her way into work, but they had none. The clerk recommended another store, and a call later told me that they're out too. Poop.

My girlfriend stopped in at a Gamestop (that supposedly had Shulk instock) close to her at my request on her way into work, but they had none. The clerk recommended another store, and a call later told me that they're out too. Poop.
Most of those were sent to stores to fulfill the pre-orders from Feb... a bunch showed up near me yesterday and all but a few stores now show it as in stock.

My Amiibo collection thus far:

[attachment=14678:Amiibo collection 1.jpg]

[attachment=14679:Amiibo collection 2.jpg]

The shelves will be full this week when I pick up my Charizard, Wario, Jigglypuff, Lucina and Robin from my mom's house (getting packages delivered at my apartment is a pain in the ass so I just have it shipped to her house). I also have an Ike coming from Gamestop in the next few days, hopefully.

Congrats, and it sounds like you might break even having to pay scalper prices for everything from here on out! :p
That's one way of looking at it! It's about $10k more per year so I guess I can pay those crazy scalper prices finally!!!

You didn't negotiate Amiibo time in your offer?
Tried. Their response to me was "A-mii-WHAT?!"

My wife was going to check Best Buy for Meta Knight, since they told me they were getting more in today.  She called me and pointed out that I have the debit card.  Dammit, I'll have to go there after work.

wow. that's all i can say is just, "wow".
Truth be told, it isn't as much a checking account as it is one of those pay cards from a former employer of mine. Not really a big fan of banks and for the small service fee I pay each month, I opted to get the money from my new job loaded onto the same card and keep it rather than binding myself to a brick and mortar bank.

She didn't have any form of Payment to cover 13 dollars?
I typically leave the card with her while I'm at work, and I have a credit card. I just forgot to give it back to her yesterday when I ran to the store. There is some cash at home that she could use, but it's money that we are saving for towards a new car and I don't wanna dip into it. I just told her not to worry about it, and I'll go later.

She had a job and used money from that as her own spending money and she usually has some cash on her. However, since we're moving she left the job and didn't work at all last week. I take care of all the bills and living expenses for us and our two kids, so it was always easier to keep them separate so that I wasn't spending her $ on that stuff. And with that I'm done defending how I manage my money. Trust me, my wife is plenty happy to not have to deal with finances.

Banks offer free accounts if you have direct deposit or have a certain balance in your account. Things may be even more incentived now but at least that's how it was with most banks long ago.

Banks offer free accounts if you have direct deposit or have a certain balance in your account. Things may be even more incentived now but at least that's how it was with most banks long ago.
Credit Unions are great alternatives if you don't like big banks.

Truth be told, it isn't as much a checking account as it is one of those pay cards from a former employer of mine. Not really a big fan of banks and for the small service fee I pay each month, I opted to get the money from my new job loaded onto the same card and keep it rather than binding myself to a brick and mortar bank.

I typically leave the card with her while I'm at work, and I have a credit card. I just forgot to give it back to her yesterday when I ran to the store. There is some cash at home that she could use, but it's money that we are saving for towards a new car and I don't wanna dip into it. I just told her not to worry about it, and I'll go later.

She had a job and used money from that as her own spending money and she usually has some cash on her. However, since we're moving she left the job and didn't work at all last week. I take care of all the bills and living expenses for us and our two kids, so it was always easier to keep them separate so that I wasn't spending her $ on that stuff. And with that I'm done defending how I manage my money. Trust me, my wife is plenty happy to not have to deal with finances.
I was just curious.. I mean what would have happened if she needed money for something actually important lol

attachicon.gif
Amiibo collection 1.jpg

attachicon.gif
Amiibo collection 2.jpg

The shelves will be full this week when I pick up my Charizard, Wario, Jigglypuff, Lucina and Robin from my mom's house (getting packages delivered at my apartment is a pain in the ass so I just have it shipped to her house). I also have an Ike coming from Gamestop in the next few days, hopefully.
Quick question where did you get your stand from?

I was just curious.. I mean what would have happened if she needed money for something actually important lol
She did go into the car money to go grab some things she needed for dinner this evening. There's over a grand there, I just don't want to pull amiibo money out of it. So in that case, had there been an emergency she could've used that or swung by my work for the card. I already have one Meta Knight, I just want one to keep in the box. I didn't feel it was dire enough a situation to pull from the car funds or take a 25-30 minute drive to my office. I'll take my chances this evening.

attachicon.gif
Amiibo collection 1.jpg

attachicon.gif
Amiibo collection 2.jpg

I have those same shelves.. in my pantry!

Edit: For the person asking, I think I bought mine from the Container Store.

my bestbuy had 4 meta knight last night but apparently they sold as soon as they were put on the floor, and there is none in tranzit, guess I missed out on the restock

Well my Shulk from Gamestop finally came today... First thing I notice is a huge chunk of plastic gouged out of his chin. >.<

...I bet he really felt that hit.

SHULK!!!

Just scored at one of our two local stores.  I called as soon as I saw it pop up on the locator but they have a store policy of not holding Amiibos.  I drove there ASAP but of course it wouldn't be the start of summer without road construction.

Walked in and saw it sitting on the counter by the register.  Ended up talking with the sales associate for a bit too. He was a pretty cool guy. 

So happy to finally have my Shulk  :D

As others reported, the only gamestop around me that showed up in the search received one Shulk. Dude told me it was a pre-order from months ago. Gave him my number to call me if the doesn't pick it up. Fat chance. :p
Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back