Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
What point are you even trying to make? Mom and pops still can't buy these easily. They're still rare for the ordinary non CAG user. I might as well say they were never that rare since I live in NY and NWS has restocks all the time.
These are collectables. You can't walk into any store and find other collectables on pegs either. Who ever said mom and pop should be able to walk into the store and be able to buy any of the 50 amiibos? Where were mom and pop during wave 1? They sure as hell didn't care about Marth and Villager figures then. What is your point? If everything was on the shelves these would be Ninja Turtles and 4/5 of people wouldn't be spending this kind of money on them. These figures wouldn't be Amiibos as you know it now. You wouldn't be making trips to NWS to buy them. That's undeniable.

The traffic and posting behavior in this thread alone is proof that, generally speaking, people don't really care about particular amiibos when they are plentiful.

Amiibos are not rare anymore, the figures are all over Ebay and being hoarded in people's closets. Once something reaches the break-even-point for aftermarket sellers, then the supply has caught up to the demand. These figures have been easy enough to acquire for anyone who has put in some time, especially if you aren't a NiB NA collector. WFT , Marth, Lucina, Robin, they have all popped up dozens of times at various domestic and international retailers. These are the same people who complain about paying for shipping at Target or full price at Best Buy. You can't help someone that can't help themselves. Being ignorant is not an excuse. People just want to not put in any elbow grease and complain about it afterwards, def not pay an extra penny for shipping. Again, dozens of opportunities. Like anything in life, you get what you put into it. You choose not to capitalize on all the alerts, forums, reddit, and social networking available to you then that's on you. Some of you can scoff at that, and that's fine.

The people walking into stores, as you put it, and hoping to find these things don't understand how collectables work. Whose fault is that. You could blame Nintendo that stuff isn't on the shelves. or else people can take some accountability and do what it takes to get ahead. But it's easier for them to sit there and bitch. and guess what! Stores are still stocked with the most popular Nintendo characters! But that's not what this is about, is it?

These are collectables. One can get on board the train, or else sit there complaining like a typical self-entitled American idiot.

(I'm not trying to be unsympathetic to anyone reading this later who didn't score today. That's too bad. But you win some, you lose some. As long as you keep trying, you'll get them because amiibos aren't going away.)

Continuing Gamestop's policy of identifying rare things, bundling them up with a whole bunch of other stuff at full price. They used to do this with chase variant Skylanders, they would pull them out at the warehouse then make large bundles of them with common figures - they wouldn't charge more, but you would have to buy stuff you couldn't get rid of in order to get them. Some people had success returning the common stuff, but they have gotten wise to it I believe.

These are collectables. You can't walk into any store and find other collectables on pegs either. Who ever said mom and pop should be able to walk into the store and be able to buy any of the 50 amiibos?
Show me where Nintendo outside of the Gold Mario amiibo has ever said these are "collectables" or that they're made in rare numbers for the purpose of collecting. If these were collectables in your opinion why would they keep restocking them? That only detracts from the value of a collectable.

These are collectables because people have made them so not because they were intended to be. Better yet what Reggie told IGN proves my point. "The fact is that the replenishment happens on a continual basis. Effectively, it's happening now, as we put more various Amiibo in the marketplace. We want to make sure that every consumer who wants a particular Amiibo is going to be satisfied to the best of our ability." http://www.vinereport.com/article/nintendo.amiibo.restocks.nintendo.president.says.they.will.bring.more.retail.exclusive.amiibo.over.the.next.few.weeks.rare.amiibos.available.now.in.united.kingdom/1252.htm

What collectable do you know is replenished on a continual basis?

i consider them collectible because.. i dont know.. i collect them. doesnt need to be worth money to be a collectible. i just want them to display and what not.

Show me where Nintendo outside of the Gold Mario amiibo has ever said these are "collectables" or that they're made in rare numbers for the purpose of collecting. If these were collectables in your opinion why would they keep restocking them? That only detracts from the value of a collectable.

These are collectables because people have made them so not because they were intended to be. Better yet what Reggie told IGN proves my point. "The fact is that the replenishment happens on a continual basis. Effectively, it's happening now, as we put more various Amiibo in the marketplace. We want to make sure that every consumer who wants a particular Amiibo is going to be satisfied to the best of our ability." http://www.vinereport.com/article/nintendo.amiibo.restocks.nintendo.president.says.they.will.bring.more.retail.exclusive.amiibo.over.the.next.few.weeks.rare.amiibos.available.now.in.united.kingdom/1252.htm

Did you just quote the corporate NOA PR guy? Psst, his job is to put on a face, sell Nintendo products, and keep people happy.

The public has decided that these are collectables. People buy, sell, and trade them as such.

Also you can't have it both ways. They are either replenished on a continual basis or else they can't be found by regular customers, so make up your mind. In any case, this dialogue has run it's course. Have a nice afternoon~

Did you just quote the corporate NOA PR guy? Psst, his job is to put on a face, sell Nintendo products, and keep people happy.

The public has decided that these are collectables. People buy, sell, and trade them as such.

Also you can't have it both ways. They are either replenished on a continual basis or else they can't be found by regular customers, so make up your mind. In any case, this dialog has run it's course. Have a nice afternoon~
Yep the president of NOA is the "PR guy". Come on brother

Nintendo is effectively destroying their scalp value by sending more out. Up until recently, people thought that Jiggly and Rosalina were gone if you weren't there the morning they came out, but now a whole bunch of people are getting pleasant surprises today. It's not ideal, but it is getting better. They are ever so slowly whittling away at the demand, and have now shown that Amiibos aren't necessarily one shot, miss it and they are gone.

So glad Target did this. I was finally able to get a Jiggly for me and a Rosalina for my little sister. Now if only Toys R Us followed suit and put up more Lucarios and Greninjas, and Best Buy put up more Meta Knights, I could have complete Waves 2-4.

Going to have playing cards along with the amiibos for the actual villagers who live in your board game/town. If you design a home them in the new game for 3DS it will reflect that way in the Wii U board game. Also the playing cards are numbered/collectible multiples for each villager I'm assuming. I'm probably leaving out some, I just watched the video on IGN.

On top of all the restock goodness, I finally received Dark Pit, Ganondorf, ZSS, and Palutena from my Amazon.it order. They came in good shape!

My Norwegian friend from high school (exchange student) sent me these out of the blue. He didn't even get me Ganondorf, fake! JK. I guess he's trying to repay, me for the Adidas Adipure white & black cleats I let him have, back when he was in the States. Takk, a lot my Norwegian friend! I just wanted to share this story, there's a lot of cool people out there!

[attachment=15635:Simen gifts.JPG]

My Norwegian friend from high school (exchange student) sent me these out of the blue. He didn't even get me Ganondorf, fake! JK. I guess he's trying to repay, me for the Adidas Adipure white & black cleats I let him have, back when he was in the States. Takk, a lot my Norwegian friend! I just wanted to share this story, there's a lot of cool people out there!

attachicon.gif
Simen gifts.JPG
oh that's awesome. how many years ago did you give him the cleats? *checks price of cleats* now try to get him to send the rest of wave 5 and 6...

Does it count the same NIB if it's a filthy reprint? Only mildly joking, if it's not the original and they're common now, does it matter to have it in the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back