Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then what's the difference between hoarding and collecting then? Anyone who's in the collecting game will have a sizable (by normal standards) collection somewhere that takes up space.
Hoarding is when you can't answer the question why do I have this.

What do you guys think was the hardest store exclusive to obtain was? I think it was lucario you had to be early in line most stores got only a few. Shulk was the easiest it was avaliable forever and it has another reprint. Rosalina was also very easy most stores got 20 or more. Meta Knight was pretty easy as you could just waltz into a bestbuy last wednesday and get him before release
Maybe 1 or 2 people were able to scam a Meta Knight last wednesday but thats it.

All of them except for Little mac have been easy to get. I was able to order Rosalina the day before and and the day of release and I was able to order Shulk last Wednesday. I traded a Rosa for Lucario and will hopefully score a Meta this Friday.

Little Mac has been a bitch though.... I'm going to have to wait for the punch out MMO later this year

I have preordered or already purchased 60 amiibos. 29 are for my set. 24 have been sold or allocated to friends at cost. I have 7 extras left that, once I do a last call on my forum, will be sold here at cost to those who need them.
I don't really care to make money off these things. This may sound like bullshit but it's not.
Sweet deal. Are they NA amiibos?

Here's my current gameroom. (excuse the poor pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/XJbn3/

Here's the old one before we greatly paired down the collection.

http://imgur.com/a/8RG90/

You were saying? Lol.
Beautiful.

I always think I have too much stuff, or I have a "big" game collection, and I do, compared to most - but goddamn THAT is a real deal collection.

Someday I hope to have a setup like that.

I have around 40 consoles, maybe 2000 games and a bunch of small videogame related memorabilia.

I have many more movie and comic related items and tons of bluray, DVD and comics.

Lots of star wars stuff!

It's a delicate balance though, between appealing and crowded.

I toe the line.

My wall filling up w amiibo is becoming a problem, they might get boxed and stored soon...

I don't know if anyone else has been holding their breath for Ike from Amazon (I've made a few posts about it here recently with no one responding), but my impatience got the best of me and I emailed them to ask if my preorder had any chance of being fulfilled. Their response was that it's not available from them (their exact words were "I've checked the order details and found that the item is not available with us"), which makes me unsure if they're not getting any more in or if the rep simply checked the product page and noticed that Amazon wasn't listed as a seller at the moment.

Either way, they offered to let me buy one from a seller that was fulfilled by them and get a refund for the price difference, which is amazingly generous of them, given that the seller they told me to use is charging ~$35 for it. I know it sounds stupid of me, but I really don't think I want to take advantage of them like that for something that should go for $13. I feel slimy at the thought of doing that to even a large corporation like Amazon (especially since they've treated me pretty well over the years).

Anyway, food for thought if anyone else is still sitting on an Ike preorder from them.
My Amazon preordered Ike arrived on Saturday.

Here's my current gameroom. (excuse the poor pictures)

http://imgur.com/a/XJbn3/

Here's the old one before we greatly paired down the collection.

http://imgur.com/a/8RG90/

You were saying? Lol.
That's what I'm talking about yes but it's not as bad as Gerstman who can't even walk around his house properly and has like 7 NES's (You can just buy a new one if your old one breaks - you don't need 7 of them).

Ahh yeah I got ya, yeah Ill say I am guilty of that to an extent. In that sense of the term hoard, yeah I hoard some gaming and lego stuff for sure. Its just part of the collector mentality. Most stuff I do open and display at some point but some stuff I just cant bring myself to open. Plus if I tried to display everything I had it would just look like shit lol...not to mention my wife isnt having it so for me either open it, look at it, then put it back or just keep it sealing knowing I have it (which accomplished a lot, right? haha). As far as CN rewards go, I have only saved all the plat rewards Ive gotten and Zelda stuff...I held onto some things and eventually ebay'd them.
I used to have stuff that I collected so I'm right there but as I got older I just stopped caring as much about that stuff. Then once I started getting rid of things I just realized that there was no reason to have it in the first place. I have a DVD shelf with a DVD collection but I won't buy a second shelf if it fills up, I'll just look to see what I don't need and pare down the collection. At some point it's just stuff.

Well then what's the difference between hoarding and collecting then? Anyone who's in the collecting game will have a sizable (by normal standards) collection somewhere that takes up space.
A collector has a collection in his house. A hoarder considers things so important that it's psychologically painful for them to get rid of them. Their houses are almost there more to house their things than their family.

Haha yeah this is definitely the form of hoarding he is talking about...its too much for me. :). Id love to have something like that but when I get so much I just have to say why do I need all this? I keep the stuff that means the most to me which I think is a lot but compared to something like this...I have basically nothing lol. I think my wife would just divorce me if any room in our house looked like that.
Yep, I would consider that hoarding though not the extreme end of it but it's part way there. You just can't let your stuff dominate your life.

You got in this game late then I'm assuming?
:) I actually started early compared to most people. My goal wasn't to make money, but to just offset the cost a little. I understood marth and villager were going to be hard to acquire but still just purchased one of each. Wasn't until I started calculating what all these waves would eventually cost that I decided to purchase an extra or 2 of the figures that had the potential.

Sweet deal. Are they NA amiibos?
They are but I don't want to say which ones in case they are claimed.

Regarding my collection and the discussion at hand, I actually married a game collector, so she brought a lot to the collection and it's a natural part of our relationship (yes, I'm very lucky). The game stuff is contained to this room - our house is otherwise normal. We paired down when we had enough of the "don't have it? Then I want it" mentality. Now everything there is either part of a complete set, something we would actually play or future plays on "young" collecting systems (I have about 20 complete GBA titles for that purpose).

Beautiful.
I always think I have too much stuff, or I have a "big" game collection, and I do, compared to most - but goddamn THAT is a real deal collection.
Someday I hope to have a setup like that.
I have around 40 consoles, maybe 2000 games and a bunch of small videogame related memorabilia.
I have many more movie and comic related items and tons of bluray, DVD and comics.
Lots of star wars stuff!
It's a delicate balance though, between appealing and crowded.
I toe the line.
My wall filling up w amiibo is becoming a problem, they might get boxed and stored soon...
Same here, I working on my basement now. I started my games collection: gameboy advance, game cube, dreamcast, xbox, ps2, wii, ds, 3ds, ps3, psp, xbox 360, vita, ps4 and animes. I had over 2000 games but this guy collection is insane amazing :)

Sure, theres so much to talk about right now...feel free to start us off.
Look, the point of this post is discuss price and availability, it's a hassle when something comes available and you miss out on it because the post was buried beneath 20 other posts of people debating nonsense.

Look, the point of this post is discuss price and availability, it's a hassle when something comes available and you miss out on it because the post was buried beneath 20 other posts of people debating nonsense.
Lol I am with ya, but lets face it...its gonna happen regardless of whether or not one person says they dont like it. Im just patiently waiting for the SSB wave 4 preorders to hit and Ill be glad to finally not check this thread all day every day.

Well I know this isn't the usual place for real-life and serious moments (aside from those who share the awesome stories of your kids playing with your amiibo which I thoroughly enjoy), but just got a call today that we may be having some issues with my soon-to-be-here daughter that may require her to be coming a few weeks earlier than expected (a month sooner in fact).  I'm obviously hoping/praying everything works out great.  But, not sure if that'll mean you guys will be seeing a lot more or a lot less of me (guess it depends on how much time I'm pacing around in the hospital waiting), but just wanted to let you all know I enjoy the speculation, banter, and crazy stories in here very much -- it makes the days fly by.  Thanks!

And I suppose more "on-topic" (and obviously much less of a concern overall in my mind), I'll likely not be able to wait outside my local BB for the 4 hours or so (or F5 the BB site to death) this Friday as intended, so if any CAG somehow manage(d/s) to get an extra MK and is willing to allocate it to this stressed out dad, shoot me a PM.  I'll try my best to respond to it in a timely manner, and obviously if everything works out and I have a chance to camp on Friday, then I'll just thank you for the kindness and gesture! 

Thanks for reading and happy amiibo hunting to all my fellow collectors out there!

I'm sorry we can't make it more convenient for you to lurk the thread and buy amiibos

I'm sorry we can't make it more convenient for you to lurk the thread and buy amiibos

Well I know this isn't the usual place for real-life and serious moments (aside from those who share the awesome stories of your kids playing with your amiibo which I thoroughly enjoy), but just got a call today that we may be having some issues with my soon-to-be-here daughter that may require her to be coming a few weeks earlier than expected (a month sooner in fact). I'm obviously hoping/praying everything works out great. But, not sure if that'll mean you guys will be seeing a lot more or a lot less of me (guess it depends on how much time I'm pacing around in the hospital waiting), but just wanted to let you all know I enjoy the speculation, banter, and crazy stories in here very much -- it makes the days fly by. Thanks!

And I suppose more "on-topic" (and obviously much less of a concern overall in my mind), I'll likely not be able to wait outside my local BB for the 4 hours or so (or F5 the BB site to death) this Friday as intended, so if any CAG somehow manage(d/s) to get an extra MK and is willing to allocate it to this stressed out dad, shoot me a PM. I'll try my best to respond to it in a timely manner, and obviously if everything works out and I have a chance to camp on Friday, then I'll just thank you for the kindness and gesture!

Thanks for reading and happy amiibo hunting to all my fellow collectors out there!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Has anyone had their Toys R Us make-up order ship? I haven't heard anything since the original mea culpa email. I got 2 Lucarios, but no indication that they're shipping or backordered or anything. And they haven't charged my Paypal account either. I was hoping to get Lucario that way along with one to trade.

It would have been trollicious if someone interjected with fake news that wave 4 preorders were up.

They are but I don't want to say which ones in case they are claimed.

Regarding my collection and the discussion at hand, I actually married a game collector, so she brought a lot to the collection and it's a natural part of our relationship (yes, I'm very lucky). The game stuff is contained to this room - our house is otherwise normal. We paired down when we had enough of the "don't have it? Then I want it" mentality. Now everything there is either part of a complete set, something we would actually play or future plays on "young" collecting systems (I have about 20 complete GBA titles for that purpose).
I am in awe. I hate to derail, so maybe this should be in a PM or something but I wonder if you could share some details on your new console setup? I need to do something similar with my old school systems to make it look a little more presentable.

Amiibo-wise, I got the shipping notice for my make-up order for Sonic from TRU a day or two ago, and he's scheduled to arrive on Friday. I really don't know why I didn't order an Ike or DDD while I was at it.

I am in awe. I hate to derail, so maybe this should be in a PM or something but I wonder if you could share some details on your new console setup? I need to do something similar with my old school systems to make it look a little more presentable.

Amiibo-wise, I got the shipping notice for my make-up order for Sonic from TRU a day or two ago, and he's scheduled to arrive on Friday. I really don't know why I didn't order an Ike or DDD while I was at it.
Careful you're making it harder for people to get their amiibos

Got my MM LE today from Amazon that was posted up for about 5 minuets during release date. Talk about worst shipping in the history of shipping. The box that they shipped it in looks like someone stomped on it and the MM LE reflects that............................................What do you do? Its not like its going to get replaced.........

Got my MM LE today from Amazon that was posted up for about 5 minuets during release date. Talk about worst shipping in the history of shipping. The box that they shipped it in looks like someone stomped on it and the MM LE reflects that............................................What do you do? Its not like its going to get replaced.........
Are you sure its not a moon shaped crater? It has been 3 days since release...

Not sure if its been discussed before but interesting. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Director Teases "Small Surprise" for All amiibo in the Game, Discusses Sources of Inspiration

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/captain_toad_treasure_tracker_director_teases_small_surprise_for_all_amiibo_in_the_game_discusses_sources_of_inspiration
Sounds like non-Toad amiibos replenish your 1UP supply. Also, in Mario Party 10 you can scan any amiibo for a scratch off bonus thing. This is according to the nintendo.de (German) site in their amiibo section.

Not sure if its been discussed before but interesting. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Director Teases "Small Surprise" for All amiibo in the Game, Discusses Sources of Inspiration

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/captain_toad_treasure_tracker_director_teases_small_surprise_for_all_amiibo_in_the_game_discusses_sources_of_inspiration
Sounds like non-Toad amiibos replenish your 1UP supply. Also, in Mario Party 10 you can scan any amiibo for a scratch off bonus thing. This is according to the nintendo.de German site in their amiibo section.

Sounds like non-Toad amiibos replenish your 1UP supply. Also, in Mario Party 10 you can scan any amiibo for a scratch off bonus thing. This is according to the nintendo.de German site in their amiibo section.
So you can cheat with amiibos? I can't wait to lose friends in the smuggest manner possible

Ebay it. Around half of the MM LE were ripped or smashed on delivery. That's what happens when they sell a LE with an outer paper box.

I did live chat with amazon and ended up getting a full refund and got to keep the game. They offered a replacement but I knew they didn't have any more to send out. After he confirmed their stock he issued a full refund.

Well I know this isn't the usual place for real-life and serious moments (aside from those who share the awesome stories of your kids playing with your amiibo which I thoroughly enjoy), but just got a call today that we may be having some issues with my soon-to-be-here daughter that may require her to be coming a few weeks earlier than expected (a month sooner in fact). I'm obviously hoping/praying everything works out great. But, not sure if that'll mean you guys will be seeing a lot more or a lot less of me (guess it depends on how much time I'm pacing around in the hospital waiting), but just wanted to let you all know I enjoy the speculation, banter, and crazy stories in here very much -- it makes the days fly by. Thanks!

And I suppose more "on-topic" (and obviously much less of a concern overall in my mind), I'll likely not be able to wait outside my local BB for the 4 hours or so (or F5 the BB site to death) this Friday as intended, so if any CAG somehow manage(d/s) to get an extra MK and is willing to allocate it to this stressed out dad, shoot me a PM. I'll try my best to respond to it in a timely manner, and obviously if everything works out and I have a chance to camp on Friday, then I'll just thank you for the kindness and gesture!

Best of luck to you and your family

Not going to go through all these pages, but my order of mega man at GS from early January now says closed. Is that a bad sign?
If by not going through all these pages you mean having never read this thread. People ask this question every day and it gets old. Especially when people make no attempt to get an easy answer by clicking 'closed' or calling GS.

or simply Google it, or use the search function on the reddit page, or..

Ebay it. Around half of the MM LE were ripped or smashed on delivery. That's what happens when they sell a LE with an outer paper box.
Not really into selling things as this was going to go into my collection. Also the statement about paper outer boxes always being damaged is kind of not true. NIS America sends their CE to me as I buy every one of their CE and they come in pristine condition....

I did live chat with amazon and ended up getting a full refund and got to keep the game. They offered a replacement but I knew they didn't have any more to send out. After he confirmed their stock he issued a full refund.
I just finished up with Amazon Customer service and I got a full refund and was able to keep it. I just wish they had replacements................................. At least when I put it on my shelf you can not see any of the damage but once you take it off and look at the back its like OMG WTF HAPPENED....

If by not going through all these pages you mean having never read this thread. People ask this question every day and it gets old. Especially when people make no attempt to get an easy answer by clicking 'closed' or calling GS.

They'd rather someone else put the work in for them. It's annoying when people repeatedly ask the same questions over and over that have been answered over and over. Instead of being lazy search for the answer first.

Nobody reads on the internet, because everybody thinks that their question is special and unique, and they deserve special attention for thinking of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back