Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped at best buy just now Ob my way home from class. They had 2 zss and olimar left so I grabbed one of each. I have no idea if I actually want olimar.

Ok I need some advice..already have Olimar and ZSS ordered at walmart(I canceled the one from last night and ordered them BOTH together so only get charged for shipping ONCE) comes out to be 33 bucks and change..now I see Gamestop online has them too, can order both and use their cheapest shipping and get it for a dollar less, or just wait for amazon later on today..what is the best option??

Ok I need some advice..already have Olimar and ZSS ordered at walmart(I canceled the one from last night and ordered them BOTH together so only get charged for shipping ONCE) comes out to be 33 bucks and change..now I see Gamestop online has them too, can order both and use their cheapest shipping and get it for a dollar less, or just wait for amazon later on today..what is the best option??
If you're getting two then use SAVER for free shipping at GS.

If you're getting two then use SAVER for free shipping at GS.
OMG AWESOME THANK U SO MUCH!!! Came out to be $28.32..

since I did the free shipping

Value - $0.00 - Allow 5-10 business days & 2 business days for processing

Ive never ordered amiibos from gamestop before how do they come packaged..can I cancel walmart.com or should I wait??

Ive never ordered amiibos from gamestop before how do they come packaged..can I cancel walmart.com or should I wait??
I was able to cancel the Wal-mart.com orders I placed yesterday with no issue. Never had an amiibo shipped from Wal-mart before but Gamestop has always shipped mine decently.

So which amiibo is the rarest from today's release? In your opinion...From searching locally and online shopping. Just curious. 

I ordered classic Mario online from Target last night because of the game functionality. Which I understand is VERY basic haha. But I also just bit on an Olimar from Gamestop because I love those games and I thought it'd be cool to have. But I'm seriously thinking about Ganondorf now. ##$!!?

I ordered Amiibo from GameStop once and they were packed in a spacious box with air cushions. Alsoyou can always return your extras. Better to keep them vs have something go wrong and then miss something you really wanted.

I ordered Amiibo from GameStop once and they were packed in a spacious box with air cushions. Alsoyou can always return your extras. Better to keep them vs have something go wrong and then miss something you really wanted.
I guess my #1 concern would be it getting canceled..will wait for amazon today, if amazon ends up posting them and I can get them no problem I will cancel both gamestop AND walmart.com..usually for gamestop with that free shipping(Im in SoCal) when will I receive it?

So which amiibo is the rarest from today's release? In your opinion...From searching locally and online shopping. Just curious.
I'm going to say 8 Bit Mario will be the hardest to find because of popularity but Ganondorf might have had the lowest numbers.

I ordered classic Mario online from Target last night because of the game functionality. Which I understand is VERY basic haha. But I also just bit on an Olimar from Gamestop because I love those games and I thought it'd be cool to have. But I'm seriously thinking about Ganondorf now. ##$!!?
8-bit Mario followed by ZSS. I can't believe I'm saying it but it looks like Dr. Mario may actually be the most common.

BTW I haven't seen it confirmed yet but a couple of news sites are claiming that there is a simple code you can enter in SMM to unlock the stuff the 8-bit Mario unlocks. Something really simple like A+B at the start menu or something. It's probably part of the patch they released today.

Reddit is discussing it FWIW.

Here's a link: http://nintendoeverything.com/unlock-super-mario-makers-crt-mode-with-a-code/

Last edited:
as much shit GS gets, their packing not just for amiibo is the best out of all the main retailers
Should I be concerned about them canceling the order it was for Pikmin and ZSS I was really surprised at how long its still up there, I saw it online a few hours ago, thought about it and when I got the free shipping went ahead and did it, it was online at least for 3 hours I shouldnt worry that they might cancel it? Now I have a walmart order and a gamestop order for the same amiibos LOL

Definitely Classic Mario based on my area.

Anyone have that Amazon email with the Amiibo times today?

Does anyone know if Classic Mario does anything with any other games?  Just curious.

Now that it's sunk in I got to admit it's hilarious that they patched the game to allow you to enter a simple code to unlock that amiibo's content.  There's going to be a lot of pissy fanboys upset that everyone can enjoy the content they paid for..... despite the fact that SMM is a creation tool and hampering the levels they will be downloading hurts them too.  The bitching has already started on Reddit.

I don't know what's wrong with people these days.  They get a neat figurine to put on a shelf and everyone gets to enjoy the games full content.  Everything is just how it should be, why does the fact that everyone gets to enjoy the full somehow inhibit their enjoyment?

Last edited:
Stopped by BB a little before noon. They had a few ZSS (already ordered from AmiAmi) and Olimar (not enough of a Pikmin fan to buy) and the rest were gone. Then went to Target and they only had Dr Mario left. I grabbed a Dr Mario for the happy childhood memories.

So I went to gamestop and picked up my preorder this morning. 4 new amiibo launched today as well. Store opened at 10 and I got there about 10:25 & they'd sold all but 1 Olimar which I gladly took off their hands. Search will have to continue for the Classic 30th anniversary Mario Amiibo. I didn't get in no rush getting there because I'd read each store was getting 10 or more of each so figured in this southern redneck town they'd be around as long as I got there a little after opening but I underestimated the power of hyping these things with short supply to increase demand. The preorder bonus poster is far nicer quality than I'd expected with raised 3 d effect on parts.

11986522_977384828970523_5471648000586665255_n.jpg
12002115_977384838970522_6048396449036472231_n.jpg

I didn't really care for this wave, I just wanted Ganondorf. I thought he was going to be easy to get, but I went to Best Buy, Target, and TRU. I couldn't find him anywhere. 

Target in my area was a mess.  I went by around 7, saw a line of about 12-15, figured no Classic Mario's were going to come out of that, so just went on down to TRU.  Turns out, people that were there said some woman bum rushed them, knocked people over and snatched some out of people's hands.  Then the asst. manager that was ringing them up refused to do anything about it, even mocking the people that were upset.  What was interesting was at TRU, a little bit later, another Target manager showed up at TRU and apologized to those that were there, told them that it wouldn't be like that again and told them that the other manager probably wouldn't last the day as an employee.  He also brought someone their phone they had dropped, that was pretty cool.

TRU, on the other hand, went like clockwork.  Line was let in 5 minutes early, people were allowed one of each per person and they let them in the exit door to keep track and had all of them behind the counter.  The only issue was a guy that showed up 15 min before 10 walked up to the front of the line and told everyone "I hate to tell you but I'm going in first".  He was serious, too - and people told him to go to the back of the line.  After a few minutes he got mad then went to the end of the line after he was told the employees were not going to allow it (and I know them pretty well, they wouldn't).  It was fairly clear he had some issues, probably mild autism or something similar from the way he spoke.

By the way, if your TRU employees handled it well, be sure to call the comment line on the receipt.  It actually does help them out.

Picked up Dr. Mario on target.com and it's already shipped, ordered ZSS, ganondorf, olimar and 8 bit on Walmart.com last night. Picked up Bowser JR today, then grabbed another ZSS, Ganon and Olimar at BB for that GCU price and cancelled my Walmart order. So as long as Walmart comes through for 8 bit, im set

TRU, on the other hand, went like clockwork. Line was let in 5 minutes early, people were allowed one of each per person and they let them in the exit door to keep track and had all of them behind the counter. The only issue was a guy that showed up 15 min before 10 walked up to the front of the line and told everyone "I hate to tell you but I'm going in first". He was serious, too - and people told him to go to the back of the line. After a few minutes he got mad then went to the end of the line after he was told the employees were not going to allow it (and I know them pretty well, they wouldn't). It was fairly clear he had some issues, probably mild autism or something similar from the way he spoke.
Shit I had some fatass in a Zelda shirt try to hit me when I grabbed what he thought was the last ZSS at Best Buy. I was there literally a second before him. The employees didn't bother to stock them and just rolled them all out on a cart, and the other side still had plenty of ZSS but I guess he was too dim to notice. I suppose I should've knocked that punk on his ass but I couldn't help but chuckle, it was one of the most pathetic sights I have ever seen. The guy literally had a punch weaker than that of a 10 year old girl.

I mean I try not to judge people but don't throw a fucking punch over a fucking toy if you are too damn weak to even bruise me, let alone make me drop it. fucking morons I swear.....

It's the same store where several of these punks were calling the manager a C*cks*ck*ng c*nt when the store only got like 4 or 5 Dark Pit a few weeks ago. This was probably one of those same assholes.

I do have to ask though, don't any of these people have jobs? I mean taking an early lunch or coming in late is one thing but these guys looked filthy and gross and dressed in gaming attire, clearly they weren't working today. What's the deal?

At any rate glad to see the stocks finally lasted the 1st hour this time. I struggled to even find a fucking Pac-Man at launch last time so this was certainly a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
Shit I had some fatass in a Zelda shirt try to hit me when I grabbed what he thought was the last ZSS at Best Buy. I was there literally a second before him. The employees didn't bother to stock them and just rolled them all out on a cart, and the other side still had plenty of ZSS but I guess he was too dim to notice. I suppose I should've knocked that punk on his ass but I couldn't help but chuckle, it was one of the most pathetic sights I have ever seen. The guy literally had a punch weaker than that of a 10 year old girl.

I mean I try not to judge people but don't throw a fucking punch over a fucking toy if you are too damn weak to even bruise me, let alone make me drop it. fucking morons I swear.....

It's the same store where several of these punks were calling the manager a C*cks*ck*ng c*nt when the store only got like 4 or 5 Dark Pit a few weeks ago. This was probably one of those same assholes.

I do have to ask though, don't any of these people have jobs? I mean taking an early lunch or coming in late is one thing but these guys looked filthy and gross and dressed in gaming attire, clearly they weren't working today. What's the deal?

At any rate glad to see the stocks finally lasted the 1st hour this time. I struggled to even find a fucking Pac-Man at launch last time so this was certainly a welcome surprise.
We are currently taking steps to ban that individual from Best Buy.

Not defending those type of people, but not everyone has a day job. As far as I can tell, only people with kids I ever see with mornings / afternoon job. All my friends and I work nights (4 - 6 to close). Gives me enough free time, apart from classes, to deal hunt and line up for launches.

I went to tru at 1pm they hands TONs of all wave 5 including 8 bit Mario. After that I went to best buy to get my Mario maker and they had about 5of each

You pretty much describe 95% of the neck beards posting in this thread. I poked fun at gaming attire once on here and all these CAG's started giving me a hard time about it and a "let me spend my money how I want" attitude. You try and straighten them out and they make cries of "you elitist!" as they put their heads down in shame at the very thought of their own existence. Their biggest accomplishment in life occurred when their neck hair started to meet their chest hair. I constantly provoke them when I see them and poke fun at their way of life and it's a real pleasure to say the least.

Not defending those type of people, but not everyone has a day job. As far as I can tell, only people with kids I every see what mornings / afternoons. All my friends and I work nights (4 - 6 to close). Gives me enough free time, apart from classes, to deal hunt and line up for launches.
Or they have full time jobs with vacation days and are taking the day off for amiibo and super mario maker. inb4 someone judges people on what they use their vacation days for, I use them on "real" vacations also.

Not defending those type of people, but not everyone has a day job. As far as I can tell, only people with kids I every see what mornings / afternoons. All my friends and I work nights (4 - 6 to close). Gives me enough free time, apart from classes, to deal hunt and line up for launches.
Yeah I guess but seriously a shower before going anywhere in public would be nice. I didn't mean to sound so elitist, I have a few gaming shirts/hats myself that I'll wear out every now and then. But I don't suddenly developed a BO problem or a grimy film whenever I put them on.

All that said though I wouldn't dress up for an amiibo release either, and several of these people did. If it's not Halloween or some major party dressing up is just too much.

I went to tru at 1pm they hands TONs of all wave 5 including 8 bit Mario. After that I went to best buy to get my Mario maker and they had about 5of each
Lol my experience too. They had a few 8 bit Marios but I grabbed the last copy of SMM. The guy told me they got more of the amiibo than the actual game.

Last edited:
I'm sure rcerboss was the best dressed, most handsome, well-mannered, high-power six figure salaried, dapper gentleman customer that just happened to be there on his day off. 

Post a picture of what you look like today.  I'd love to see it.

I'm sure rcerboss was the best dressed, most handsome, well-mannered, high-power six figure salaried, dapper gentleman customer that just happened to be there on his day off.

Post a picture of what you look like today. I'd love to see it.
Why are you so offended? It's silly

Yeah I guess but seriously a shower before going anywhere in public would be nice. I didn't mean to sound so elitist, I have a few gaming shirts/hats myself that I'll wear out every now and then. But I don't suddenly developed a BO problem or a grimy film whenever I put them on.
Damn neck beards man. Worthless drains on society that smell like shit. Amiibo's really bring out the best of them. Had a 65 year old guy at my gamestop at 10am right behind me. After I bought my set he's like "give me all you got amiibo wise back there."

65 years old and still doesn't have a f'ing clue. Pathetic.

[quote name="Davivascaino" post="12914463" timestamp="1441994868"]what time amazon will put amiibos up?[/quote]

Or they have full time jobs with vacation days and are taking the day off for amiibo and super mario maker. inb4 someone judges people on what they use their vacation days for, I use them on "real" vacations also.
Having been to many of these store openings on amiibo release day, and as someone with a full time job that has a very flexible schedule- trust me, most of these shady looking folks are not employeed. It doesn't take much to spot someone that is not gainfully employed. They don't move with any sense of urgency, nor conduct themselves like someone who needs to be responsible. I know I am stereotyping here, but until I see an eBay-scalping douchbag that doesn't look shady as fuk ... the steortype stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back