Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was picking up my Shulk one of the employees was bragging about how she had "all of them" and the other employee confirmed how she got to cherry pick their stock before they were sold to customers. I just assume that happened everywhere and just one of the few "perks" you get for working retail. To be honest, it doesn't bother me because I know retail jobs suck and the pay sucks so they should take advantage of the one the very few "perks" they get.
My thoughts exactly. If they were intentionally taking ones that were already pre-ordered, THEN I would have a problem.

Getting pretty tired of everyone who complains about this acting all high and mighty, like they wouldn't do the same thing if they had the chance...

was meta knight live on bestbuy.com at all ?

just checked my email and got an early Presidents' Day sale email from bestbuy and meta knight was shown in it but sute says sold out.

A quick call to corporate, preferably right in the store in front of him, would get you the Amiibos he's holding for himself.
Yes, because his feelings were hurt by an employee that actually did nothing wrong from his description. Shame on him he should lose his job or get written up.

Jeez people stop being such cry babies.

My thoughts exactly. If they were intentionally taking ones that were already pre-ordered, THEN I would have a problem.

Getting pretty tired of everyone who complains about this acting all high and mighty, like they wouldn't do the same thing if they had the chance...
Every. Single. Person. In this thread would. Many will deny it and act all saintly right now, but given the chance they know they would. However, because they can't they need cheese to go with that wine of theirs.

Gamestop called me last night wondering if I'd be in soon to pick up my Shulk order. How fucking annoying. Now I get to waste my time calling them to tell them to not sell or take my order and I'll be in to pick it up tomorrow. Is this a normal thing with in store pick up orders or are they trying to keep it for themselves like I think?
It's highly likely they are under a constant stream of harassment from customers asking them to sell your preorder to them. The call to you was their honest effort to do their due diligence and try to make sure you get it. It may seem annoying, but I'd rather get the call then have them not care at all. Since they are only obligated to hold it 48 hours, other buyers are swarming the stores like Vultures.

Just saw Toon Link for the first time in the wild, at a Wal-Mart of all places.  I know he's supposed to be rather common but I had yet to see him until this morning.

Ha! Saw this on reddit earlier and thought some of you may like to smile at it! Not bad for multiple hands in the pot if you ask me! (Also, you're welcome that the song is now stuck in your head!)

AmiiboAllStarSong.jpg

was meta knight live on bestbuy.com at all ?

just checked my email and got an early Presidents' Day sale email from bestbuy and meta knight was shown in it but sute says sold out.
The meta knight in the email was just stating what was hot on bestbuy.com / I would imagine its had a lot of traffic in the last 24 hours.

Gamestop called me last night wondering if I'd be in soon to pick up my Shulk order. How fucking annoying. Now I get to waste my time calling them to tell them to not sell or take my order and I'll be in to pick it up tomorrow. Is this a normal thing with in store pick up orders or are they trying to keep it for themselves like I think?
The time it took to type this was a longer waste of time than it would have taken to call them back. Surely they were only trying to help you.

The time it took to type this was a longer waste of time than it would have taken to call them back. Surely they were only trying to help you.
exactly, their is a time limit to hold preorders and i am sure their are other people who will buy it , them calling is nicer than you coming in whenever you feel like expecting to be waited on hand and foot 5 days later getting mad because they sold your i get it when i feel like order

Every. Single. Person. In this thread would. Many will deny it and act all saintly right now, but given the chance they know they would. However, because they can't they need cheese to go with that wine of theirs.
I wasn't whining about not getting amiibo's. I was complaining that the employee was waving the aforementioned amiibo's in all the customer's faces basically saying "These are mine and you can't have them"

You're right, if I was an employee at Gamestop you bet I would cherry pick almost anything I could..his rodomontade was uncalled for and left a sour taste in my mouth. That's all.

Rant warning...

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I've had it with Target putting items in their ads that are already sold out.  First it was "don't miss out on Rosalina" ( fuck you) and now they're going to have the MM 3DS in their 2/15 ad even though it will be sold out by 8:05 am on 2/13.  We get it Target, you don't understand the products you're selling or the demand associated with them, and were probably not a good choice as an exclusive amiibo carrier.

Nintendo is guilty of this as well.  I watched an unboxing from a Youtuber who asked for a red NN3DS and got a MM version sent from Nintendo instead.  They also sent him the limited edition MM game with the Skull Kid figurine.  He was clearly not a big Zelda fan and was even surprised that the Skull Kid figurine came with the game.  People in the comments correctly pointed out that the 3DS and game would have been better off going to one of the thousands of fans who wasn't able to get one.  Way to go Nintendo, you sent rare collectibles to someone who doesn't even fully appreciate them, and for what?  The common defense of what they did was that Nintendo needs to generate excitement for their products.  Really?  They need to generate more excitement for products that sold out less than an hour after going up?  If their goal is to sell the New 3DS, wouldn't it have been more effective to show him unboxing one that people can actually acquire at retail?

Why not go ahead and send him a Villager amiibo to unbox while you're at it?  You know, to "generate excitement".  Dicks.

If you read this far, kudos.  Now on to more productive posts...

Yes, because his feelings were hurt by an employee that actually did nothing wrong from his description. Shame on him he should lose his job or get written up.

Jeez people stop being such cry babies.
Its against SOP to hold product for yourself until your shift is over. Its the same as hiding it. If its there when you clock out for lunch or for the day its fair game, but holding it and denying customers who are there for it is definitely against policy.

So what does it mean that Meta Knight is showing in stock in my area? Is it worth going in and asking?
Id say no. Nothing is impossible, but you actually getting them to over ride the Best Buy release date of 2/20/15 seems very unlikely. A memo seems to have gone out yesterday specifically about meta knight and not to sell him. It was a memo to get best buy up to date with probably the floods of questions they were getting as a lot of the stores started receiving shipments of MK.

i hope we receive txts from GS today about Ike and King Dede preorders

they are supposed to release tomorrow, but when i stopped by GS yesterday they still hadnt gotten stock or know about any shipments in transit

Ike isn't showing up on my reservations on my Powerup rewards site account.  Do hope I get a text about him being available tomorrow.  If not, I'll see what's up tomorrow at my local GS.  Picking up N3DS along with Majora's Mask.

Rant warning...

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I've had it with Target putting items in their ads that are already sold out. First it was "don't miss out on Rosalina" ( fuck you) and now they're going to have the MM 3DS in their 2/15 ad even though it will be sold out by 8:05 am on 2/13. We get it Target, you don't understand the products you're selling or the demand associated with them, and were probably not a good choice as an exclusive amiibo carrier.

Nintendo is guilty of this as well. I watched an unboxing from a Youtuber who asked for a red NN3DS and got a MM version sent from Nintendo instead. They also sent him the limited edition MM game with the Skull Kid figurine. He was clearly not a big Zelda fan and was even surprised that the Skull Kid figurine came with the game. People in the comments correctly pointed out that the 3DS and game would have been better off going to one of the thousands of fans who wasn't able to get one. Way to go Nintendo, you sent rare collectibles to someone who doesn't even fully appreciate them, and for what? The common defense of what they did was that Nintendo needs to generate excitement for their products. Really? They need to generate more excitement for products that sold out less than an hour after going up? If their goal is to sell the New 3DS, wouldn't it have been more effective to show him unboxing one that people can actually acquire at retail?

Why not go ahead and send him a Villager amiibo to unbox while you're at it? You know, to "generate excitement". Dicks.

If you read this far, kudos. Now on to more productive posts...
If you get there before they open you can wait / try to buy one no? Just how it is, at least you have a CHANCE with Target unlike BBuy & Gamestop where all stock is sold to preorders. It wouldn't be in such high demand / collectible if it was easy to get. I know how you feel though thinking I'm wanting a MM 3ds but of course decided that after it was all sold out!

Rant warning...

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I've had it with Target putting items in their ads that are already sold out. First it was "don't miss out on Rosalina" ( fuck you) and now they're going to have the MM 3DS in their 2/15 ad even though it will be sold out by 8:05 am on 2/13. We get it Target, you don't understand the products you're selling or the demand associated with them, and were probably not a good choice as an exclusive amiibo carrier.

Nintendo is guilty of this as well. I watched an unboxing from a Youtuber who asked for a red NN3DS and got a MM version sent from Nintendo instead. They also sent him the limited edition MM game with the Skull Kid figurine. He was clearly not a big Zelda fan and was even surprised that the Skull Kid figurine came with the game. People in the comments correctly pointed out that the 3DS and game would have been better off going to one of the thousands of fans who wasn't able to get one. Way to go Nintendo, you sent rare collectibles to someone who doesn't even fully appreciate them, and for what? The common defense of what they did was that Nintendo needs to generate excitement for their products. Really? They need to generate more excitement for products that sold out less than an hour after going up? If their goal is to sell the New 3DS, wouldn't it have been more effective to show him unboxing one that people can actually acquire at retail?

Why not go ahead and send him a Villager amiibo to unbox while you're at it? You know, to "generate excitement". Dicks.

If you read this far, kudos. Now on to more productive posts...
Target will likely keep some MM Stock for Sunday. If it's in their ad, they will hold stock. If they have 4 right now, they probably will only release 2 for sale tomorrow. Rosalind was in the ad - and offered for sale - so your whining is just that, whining.

As for you Youtube rant....yawn. We get it. Those extra copies would have never gone to fans. Nintendo, and everyone else, sets aside x amount of promotional items for reviewers, journalists, bloggers etc. Just because that guy got a MM Console and Game and didn't want it, doesn't mean it would have went to a true fan. It would have went to another blogger. I reviewed and requested stuff before, so I know how it works.

Wanna know something scary? You know those silly Limited items that have stickers that say 1 out of 500? They make more then 500!!! Yes, its true! Incase one breaks in shipment they just re-assign the number. Even early single digit ones go to employees, friends etc. Source - Worked at a toy company and did this on a daily basis when things broke. Also had many single digit exclusives since I got to cherry pick what I wanted (now long sold).

So many people feel entitled to everything.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm surprised Target is going to be selling the MM editions tomorrow. I would have expected them to hold them until Sunday for the ad, and technically the MM edition was never in this weeks ad. I know there were rumors of two shipments to Target, it is still possible they could get a few in for Sunday.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm surprised Target is going to be selling the MM editions tomorrow. I would have expected them to hold them until Sunday for the ad, and technically the MM edition was never in this weeks ad. I know there were rumors of two shipments to Target, it is still possible they could get a few in for Sunday.
Which is probably going to happen to many Targets. I suspect lots of disappointed people here in this thread upset that Target is holding that edition to Sunday 'because it's in their ad'. Some Targets will probably not pay attention, of course. It's weird to have a new console launch with an LE....this just doesn't happen.

I'll be happy if I can snag a black one tomorrow at Target with my 5% off.

Charizard, Meta Knight, Toon Link and King Dedede are my most sought after ones and they seem to be the hardest to come by. Would love to add them to my Kirby and Pikachu. I don't really have a strong connection to any of the others. Metroid Prime was a killer app for me but I'm not a fan of her design.

[quote name="jimijumper" post="12491369" timestamp="1423750150"

He was basically rubbing it in my face. Dick.[/quote]

When I read this I swore I saw that he was rubbing something else in your face.

Charizard, Meta Knight, Toon Link and King Dedede are my most sought after ones and they seem to be the hardest to come by. Would love to add them to my Kirby and Pikachu. I don't really have a strong connection to any of the others. Metroid Prime was a killer app for me but I'm not a fan of her design.
Charizard, MK, and KDDD are technically not out yet, and your last sentence made me chuckle.

You had 48hrs or your preorder gets sold. Sucks, but that's just how it is man. Best to just pick it up ASAP, because they don't fuck around lol. Atlease they're calling you to let you know it's there.

Which is probably going to happen to many Targets. I suspect lots of disappointed people here in this thread upset that Target is holding that edition to Sunday 'because it's in their ad'. Some Targets will probably not pay attention, of course. It's weird to have a new console launch with an LE....this just doesn't happen.

I'll be happy if I can snag a black one tomorrow at Target with my 5% off.
pikachu 3ds xl was in the target ad but they didn't save any for sunday. They aren't saving anything.

Went back to bestbuy and they told me they sold out yesterday. That all customers that went bought multiple meta knights. I only bought 2 as I didn't want to push my luck. They only got 9 in stock if thats true they most likely sold all the preorders and people will be lining up on the 20th for nothing

Considering Charizard, MK, and Dedede aren't even out yet, I would say they are pretty tough to come by.

Honestly feel like Charizard will be easier to come by, as will Toon Link in a bit. Perhaps even Dedede. MK will be tough though.

Went back to bestbuy and they told me they sold out yesterday. That all customers that went bought multiple meta knights. I only bought 2 as I didn't want to push my luck. They only got 9 in stock if thats true they most likely sold all the preorders and people will be lining up on the 20th for nothing
They sold em before 2/20? Damn.

Where are you located?

can you share what store (state/city) you visited so no one here wastes their time? thanks

also how were you able to check out? i thought the system locked it from being purchased?

I called yesterday and asked first the woman checked inventory and said 9. Lets just say Midwest I dont want to be too specific as I don't want anybody to get in trouble. Manager scanned another amiibo to check out

I called yesterday and asked first the woman checked inventory and said 9. Lets just say Midwest I dont want to be too specific as I don't want anybody to get in trouble. Manager scanned another amiibo to check out

You had 48hrs or your preorder gets sold. Sucks, but that's just how it is man. Best to just pick it up ASAP, because they don't fuck around lol. Atlease they're calling you to let you know it's there.
What if you paid it in full?

After 48hrs, do they have the right to refund you and sell it to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back