Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you on the limited factor and how it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll be pissed if I spend over $600 for my "collection" and find them on bargain bins for less than $5 next year. VERY UNLIKELY I get this, I'm literally laughing as I write it, but heck what are we just 3 months in and look how ape shit crazy this has made us!
aside from Luigi Zelda and Diddy, i never even saw all other characters from Wave 2 (Falcon, Pit and Little Mac) on a store shelf once

wave 2 was worse than wave 1, and with the retailer exclusive in this current wave its become even more of a pain in the ass to get these

the moment wave 4 goes up its going to sell out online in minutes

Nintendo has said they are not reprinting the ones that go OOP, but rather they will release cards that will function the same later on

There's always someone who didn't get what they want spouting about how the market is correcting itself without knowing anything. Funny stuff. These threads bring out the worst in people. And that dude who said he was "snug at home with his meta knights"...I can only imagine what some of you look like and act like in real life. Scary stuff.

I agree with you on the limited factor and how it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'll be pissed if I spend over $600 for my "collection" and find them on bargain bins for less than $5 next year. VERY UNLIKELY I get this, I'm literally laughing as I write it, but heck what are we just 3 months in and look how ape shit crazy this has made us!
I ask myself "what am I doing?" Every day w these things. Then I find one and get my high and stop listening to reason for a few days. Then I need another fix.

Just need a taste man... Just a bump...
Whatsat? You heard targets got some in the back?!!?

I got into Amiibo just before Christmas and honestly the only ones I've never seen on a shelf are the Trinity.  I have personally purchased all of the rest around Phoenix (only near launch!) and understand that my experience is not the normal.  I fully know what Nintendo has said, but looking at their stock NTDOY over the last few years shows that they could use a turnaround.  While they do have like 7 billion in cash and almost no liabilities, they are a publicly traded company and (should) have their shareholders priority of making $ first.  Hence, why I think they will someday milk this until we are all Amiiboughtout.

Anybody have any luck at midnight GS openings on anything good like Ike/Dedede Amiibos, release of held preordered Shulks, MM LE Game and of course letting you do a Shulk WIS order?

Let me know how it goes for those there. Thinking about heading there in 20. BTW, I'm assuming they only stay open till 1AM?

I got into Amiibo just before Christmas and honestly the only ones I've never seen on a shelf are the Trinity. I have personally purchased all of the rest around Phoenix (only near launch!) and understand that my experience is not the normal. I fully know what Nintendo has said, but looking at their stock NTDOY over the last few years shows that they could use a turnaround. While they do have like 7 billion in cash and almost no liabilities, they are a publicly traded company and (should) have their shareholders priority of making $ first. Hence, why I think they will someday milk this until we are all Amiiboughtout.

Lucky. I never saw Little Mac once. I'm up by the Paradise Valley area.

Okay, at this point in time I think I'm going to try to get to Toys "R" Us about 10 minutes before they open up tomorrow morning. If there is a line of more than five people outside the door, I'm not going to even bother. I don't feel like fighting crowds.
Yeah I'm going to TRU tomorrow morning and I'm starting to lean the same way. Over the years the outcome has never really changed whether you were ten minutes early or waiting there for an hour. Unfortunately there will probably be many more people out tomorrow than usual due to the predetermined release dates. Hoping for another 5 degree morning tomorrow. I feel sorry for customers in the warmer states where people no-life it and camp out for hours.

On the bright side look at Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser. Stores have been getting replenishment here or there nearly every day. It has been incredibly simple to score the non store exclusives.

Meijer had one box w/ dedede, sonic, mega man, sheik. Left Sheik and have a second sonic. Guy beat me to Mega which is the one I do not have. Do I feel like going to TRU in the morning? Will Mega be hard to find.

Okay, at this point in time I think I'm going to try to get to Toys "R" Us about 10 minutes before they open up tomorrow morning. If there is a line of more than five people outside the door, I'm not going to even bother. I don't feel like fighting crowds.
I WISH I could even get the chance to fight a crowd. I have work in the morning, and by the time I can step foot in a TRU they will be long gone.

Well, I went to my other local GameStop, the one I'm starting to use more because the one I typically go to is getting weird with hipsters, I picked up my preorder of Shulk. It was in a locked shelf. I asked if there was a Shiek and she checked the computer and said "there may be one left". She looked for it in the shelf and because there was no name or reserve for it on the computer, she sold it to me. I felt lucky. First a UR in a single draw on LLSIF, the next day I find a physical Shiek. I feel really lucky. But I hate the sticker on it.

word on the street is that TRU has very little for tomorrow after filling pre-orders anyways.
My store should only have 7 or so Mega Man. I doubt anyone found the 8 missing Sonic the computer shows. Ike and Dedede are not available.

Shulk popped up online around 530 for 5/1/15 preorders. Sold out in 30 min.
In store orders were still available as of 7pm
Sonic shipped from best buy.
Ike, dedede, sonic, megaman release tomorrow at TRU.
Some users were able to buy meta knight early. I asked in 2 bb stores and they won't hold any. They release on 2/20
Super Mario series are (or were) available for pre-order on bestbuy.com
people argued a lot about street dates ;)
We need something like this once a day. Put it in the first post or something...

Well, I went to my other local GameStop, the one I'm starting to use more because the one I typically go to is getting weird with hipsters, I picked up my preorder of Shulk. It was in a locked shelf. I asked if there was a Shiek and she checked the computer and said "there may be one left". She looked for it in the shelf and because there was no name or reserve for it on the computer, she sold it to me. I felt lucky. First a UR in a single draw on LLSIF, the next day I find a physical Shiek. I feel really lucky. But I hate the sticker on it.
You could use a hairdryer to remove the sticker without having leftover residue

Just MAKE sure you don't hit the plastic for too long, it will melt/warp.
Just breath hot air on it and slowly slide a playing card underneath it. It'll take a little while but it's the safest way to do it, I've found. Warning, it does make you appear somewhat insane to passerby.

Carefully, remove it right away. Since the sticker tag was just recently put on that packaging, it should come off easily. The chemical and glue didn't get a chance to cure/set yet.

Went to GS and preordered Shulk for 5/1. Also ran in BB and got the Yoshi/DK/Peach clearanced figures.

Now, ran across an ad on Craigslist: "Shulk, Rosalina, Lucario, Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon" They all look to have great paint too. He's wanting to sell all together. How much should I offer?

So from what I've been reading here, everybody's thinking that Mega Man will be the most common of 3B?

Nintendo never said they weren't going to reprint and the cards were just an idea they were considering, not a guarantee.
They've already announced that they're going to reprint Marth, to boot.

Went to GS and preordered Shulk for 5/1. Also ran in BB and got the Yoshi/DK/Peach clearanced figures.

Now, ran across an ad on Craigslist: "Shulk, Rosalina, Lucario, Little Mac, Pit and Captain Falcon" They all look to have great paint too. He's wanting to sell all together. How much should I offer?
$90.

Considering buying some more commons for my 2.5 year old daughter. She absolutely loves playing with mine.

Her favorites are Peach, Zelda, and Kirby. She knows not to touch "daddy's toys" and she's not allowed to touch the ones in the display case.

Seeing the joy in her face when she plays with them, (I even let her play with Rosalina, but she knows to be "very careful daddy") trumps any extra value of keeping them in their boxes for me.

I WISH I could even get the chance to fight a crowd. I have work in the morning, and by the time I can step foot in a TRU they will be long gone.
Don't feel bad, I just discovered that the local TRU opens at 10, not 9 like I assumed. My boss would probably give me a half-hour lateness pass, but 90 minutes is probably pushing it. Ugh.

Looks I like I might be SOL myself.

Take it with a grain of salt, but spoke to a Nintendo Rep and a GS manager friend of mine tonight and we discussed the new 5/2 Shulk preorders - I was told that all of the retailer exclusives are likely going to be re-released to all retailers in May and this was probably G/S's way of getting early pre-orders before other retailers do. Again, they both said they were "speculating" (with air quotes) but figured I'd toss it out there in Case anyone else had any similar information.

Personally I hope they don't do that as I want Wave 4 & 5 (not 3a v.2) so we can finish this darn Smash series!

Target will likely not have any of the 2nd half of wave 3 in store per a internal memo.

Best But will likely only have Sonic as Dedede Ike and Mega Man are the 20th in their system so they cant sell them anyways.

Gamestop has Ike and Dedede listed as the 13th and Sonic and Mega man as the 20th. I think. Might have the figures flipped by the 2 per dates work.

Toys R Us is your best bet as they had all 4 listed as the 13th.
Thanks!

Hmm, I'm planning on going to TRU mid day... hope that's not too late but it might be.

Considering buying some more commons for my 2.5 year old daughter. She absolutely loves playing with mine.

Her favorites are Peach, Zelda, and Kirby. She knows not to touch "daddy's toys" and she's not allowed to touch the ones in the display case.

Seeing the joy in her face when she plays with them, (I even let her play with Rosalina, but she knows to be "very careful daddy") trumps any extra value of keeping them in their boxes for me.
I was going to recommend picking up some of the Jakks Pacific toys instead, but they don't seem to make Zelda, Peach or Kirby figures yet, mostly the male Mario characters and Link.

Could always get her a Peach, Rosalina, and a Kirby plush though.

41U7gkX9NRL._SY300_.jpg

SANEI-4905330812056-2.jpg

71Bu0vxZ%2BwL._SL1500_.jpg

90 bucks? Maybe for Rosalina and Little Mac alone...that seller would have to be a moron to accept that.
It's about equal to MSRP for all of them together, so it's fair since we all know that's all that these will be worth in a few months once the restocks happen. If the guy doesn't accept, then he's obviously an evil scalper and deserves to have all of those amiibo stolen from him. And possibly stabbed for trying to do it on Craigslist.

No, I'm not being serious.

Got my pre-order Shulk locked in earlier for 5/1.

Honesty, I don't care for him myself, but it's the first exclusive I will own. I'm debating on using him for a trade chip.

So is there a chance we might see Sonic at Bestbuy stores tomorrow? The website still says 2-13

*I guess today lol

So is there a chance we might see Sonic at Bestbuy stores tomorrow? The website still says 2-13

*I guess today lol
The way I've read off of Reddit, seems Wal-Mart might be the best place for Sonic in the wild (for today).

Ike and DeDe have strict street dates of the 20th, I believe, from Gamestop via a supposed employee again on Reddit.

Take it with a grain of salt, but spoke to a Nintendo Rep and a GS manager friend of mine tonight and we discussed the new 5/2 Shulk preorders - I was told that all of the retailer exclusives are likely going to be re-released to all retailers in May and this was probably G/S's way of getting early pre-orders before other retailers do. Again, they both said they were "speculating" (with air quotes) but figured I'd toss it out there in Case anyone else had any similar information.

Personally I hope they don't do that as I want Wave 4 & 5 (not 3a v.2) so we can finish this darn Smash series!
Makes sense. Weren't some Disney Infinity toys exclusive to certain places for about a month or two before they were sold everywhere? Sounds like the same situation.

It's about equal to MSRP for all of them together, so it's fair since we all know that's all that these will be worth in a few months once the restocks happen. If the guy doesn't accept, then he's obviously an evil scalper and deserves to have all of those amiibo stolen from him. And possibly stabbed for trying to do it on Craigslist.
He states on there "No low ballers". I was thinking around $100. I just can't bring myself to spend much more than that on these tiny 3" figures that, let's face it, do essentially nothing but look cool on a shelf.

So last month when I found out about the Majoras Mask Limited Edition I preordered from Gamestop immediately because I figured they wouldn't last long. Then they went up on Best Buy and because I have GCU I ordered one there. Offered my original GameStop preorder at cost to a friend who is very into all things Nintendo.

He paid me back today by gifting me a U.S. version Little Mac. I'm super excited about that.

Amazing when these first were announced I only wanted Shulk and the Zelda characters....now I have over half of them. Still don't feel the need for a 100% complete collection. My favorite is I don't have Mario or Luigi, but I put Bowser, Peach, and Rosalina on a shelf together. Bowser needs his bitches. Lol.

I happened to swing by my Walmart and the selection slightly improved. Last week I saw like 6 Mario, 5 Peach, 4 Kirby, 2 Yoshi, and 1 Donkey Kong. There was about the same number of those guys but now they had 3 Took Link and 5 Bowser. Also it's the first time I've seen Zelda and Luigi stocked there. About 2 months late to the party Wally world.

He states on there "No low ballers". I was thinking around $100. I just can't bring myself to spend much more than that on these tiny 3" figures that, let's face it, do essentially nothing but look cool on a shelf.
Personally, I'm waiting on the Marth return from retail purgatory.

I have hopes that Nintendo will also re release back into production Wii Fit Trainer and Villager too. I'm fairly sure Nintendo knows the demand for them, and by consumers having to buy second hand from people Nintendo is making nada from it. Stands to reason they would bring them back.

For those saying Marth won't be an exact reproduction, I disagree. The molds for those figures are pretty expensive, as with any figurine, and I imagine Nintendo will want to avoid shelling out more money and use the same mold as before.

Plus they are not limited edition or numbered, so Marth can't technically be called a "reprint".

That's my view right or wrong, as skewed as it may be. :)

Personally, I'm waiting on the Marth return from retail purgatory.

I have hopes that Nintendo will also re release back into production Wii Fit Trainer and Villager too. I'm fairly sure Nintendo knows the demand for them, and by consumers having to buy second hand from people Nintendo is making nada from it. Stands to reason they would bring them back.

For those saying Marth won't be an exact reproduction, I disagree. The molds for those figures are pretty expensive, as with any figurine, and I imagine Nintendo will want to avoid shelling out more money and use the same mold as before.

Plus they are not limited edition or numbered, so Marth can't technically be called a "reprint".

That's my view right or wrong, as skewed as it may be. :)
I think the discussion was more about people having Marth that has a production year of 2014 and the new one with 2015....which is probably a thing super collectors care about lol can you picture those stupid listings on ebay

I think the discussion was more about people having Marth that has a production year of 2014 and the new one with 2015....which is probably a thing super collectors care about lol can you picture those stupid listings on ebay
Ahhh, I didn't even think about that. You make a valid point.

I can see hear the arguments now, "well my 2014 Marth is better then your 15 Marth!" Blah blah.

[quote name="J Rokk" post="12494786" timestamp="1423815974"]Ahhh, I didn't even think about that. You make a valid point.

I can see hear the arguments now, "well my 2014 Marth is better then your 15 Marth!" Blah blah.[/quote]

It might not be so apparent. If the packaging is reprinted with the same design as earlier runs, it may still indicate 2014. There's a stamped number in the cardboard, but I'm not sure if the typical collector will care at all about this. I know I won't.

My in store pick up for Sonic at Best Buy came today.  I need to hurry and pick up my Shulk order before they sell it to someone else as well.  So far I've got the complete collection all for under MSRP thanks to the Best Buy 3 for 2 glitch a couple months ago.  Buying Wave 4 at full price is going to suck.

It might not be so apparent. If the packaging is reprinted with the same design as earlier runs, it may still indicate 2014. There's a stamped number in the cardboard, but I'm not sure if the typical collector will care at all about this. I know I won't.
Indeed. If it's just the copyright date etc, which I don't see why it would be more then that, no one could tell the difference.

On a related note which I know has probably been talked about already, but without the packaging the North American Amiibo look the exact same as the imports. Right? Or do they have different languages stamped under the bases?

Um.. for some reason my sonic order on best buy now says Order line status is not available and doesnt even show that the payment is  Validated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back