Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Target rep claims they are waiting for their stock to come from the supplier for Dedede, which is expected soon. He taunts me with the red add to cart button on the mobile app.

fuck Frys.

Cancelled my Dedede, and Ike without so much as an email. Now I have to find out how to cancel my Mega Man because I refuse to give them any money.

I turned down Ike 4x from target because I didnt want to waste money if Frys sent me them

Hopefully MM and Ike wont be rare -.-

Check your spam. I thought the same thing then saw the cancellation email in my spam box.

Sierranight how does the bb rss system work? What is the difference between available and on hand.
On hand=total number of the item that is currently in the store. Avaliable On hand=Total available TO SELL in store. So if there is a display, an item that is damaged, an item on hold for a dot com pickup, etc, etc, it will show up as "On hand" but not "Avaliable". Online orders for MetaKnight will NOT take away from the total On Hand until Thursday, when you all will get your "waiting for pick-up" emails. In-store preorders NEVER get taken out of the total on hand, that's why so many bad stores have issues holding them. You are relying on an employee to check a report that is BURIED in the system (and that for the longest time you needed a supervisor to log into) and manually hold them. Right now there should be no difference between On Hand and Avaliable in any stores, unless you have really smart employees marking them as displays to be sure they are held for preorders.

It was the Manager that ok'd the sale and a lot of local Amiibo collectors got them there on Thursday. The website showed them as "available for pickup" at his store so he was telling the cashiers to scan up Mario.
Read my reply above. That manager probably just screwed over all his preorders.

I'm banking on megaman being a common in a month or less, hopefully my intuition pays off. I don't really want to pay the extra shipping charge for him. Now KDDD on the other hand, I would certainly pay a few extra shipping $ for him.
None of these will be common except for trash like Toon Link and Sheik, since not only are resellers hoarding them, but you have collectors buying 5-10 each now just to hold for future trades.

How rare has DeDeDe been? I didn't go hunting for this wave because I preordered all the ones(I thought) I wanted. But now I kinda want to pick one of him up? Will he be on the Diddy level since the new Kirby game is coming out or will he be more like a falcon/pit/mac level where he is nearly impossible to find in a store?

None of these will be common except for trash like Toon Link and Sheik, since not only are resellers hoarding them, but you have collectors buying 5-10 each now just to hold for future trades.
I find it hard to believe an entire wave is going to be rare. For a while people thought toon link and sheik were going to be rare because they were hard to find at first, now you can almost find them anywhere. So far it seems stores have barely any Ike's and KDDD but seem to get in way more MM and Sonic.

I just had an encounter with some knucklehead on Craigslist as I put up my 2 Lucario Amiibos for sale $35 each.
He insisted to me that their price was dropping steadily and that he could easily get one for $30 on eBay, going so far as to call me retarded for asking $35 for them and accusing me of attempting to rip him off.

I think I've found the polar opposite of a scalper. The other end of the spectrum when it comes to extremes.

fucking idiots, I swear to god.
Wait doesn't that make you a scalper if you bought two to sell?

How rare has DeDeDe been? I didn't go hunting for this wave because I preordered all the ones(I thought) I wanted. But now I kinda want to pick one of him up? Will he be on the Diddy level since the new Kirby game is coming out or will he be more like a falcon/pit/mac level where he is nearly impossible to find in a store?

My Best Buy is showing Shiek in stock too. Going to be going over there in a few minutes. Called ahead to verify, and they said they have a couple left, but of course they can't hold one to the side :(. Knowing my luck, someone will swoop in and buy them all like they always do lol.

Anybody that buys more than one, for what so ever reason is a douche!

Now that we are all on the same boat excluding a few, lets continue....
Aye. I haven't bought a duplicate yet. I had the opportunity with Lucario and Rosalina, and let the people behind me get one. I'm not like that. I'm perfectly content with one of each of the ones I want :D

Just decided to give Tenso.com a shot so I could order Japanese amiibos cheaper. Hopefully it goes well - they have Meta-Knight on amazon.co.jp for ~$20 which beats the heck out of the $35 the Japanese one goes for on US sites.

My imported King Dedede and Meta Knight came in the mail on Friday. Bought the last Toon Link at my Toys R Us and did 3 for 33 with Zelda and Link. Now it is time to play the waiting game for Lucina and Robin pre-orders to show up. 

Walmart in Opelousas, La has Sheik, Toon Link, Luigi,  Zelda and Bowser in stock. I picked  Sheik up this morning.

It's pretty ironic that Toys R Us consistently has the best selection of figures but also the worst prices on them.
Sounds like everything is going as planned...

Ok, I live in a pretty major city and when I was at bestbuy, some dumb employee left his password in the computer and the rss system up. Since I know what to do, I looked up the meta knight info. There will be less metaknight than captain falcons/pit. I guarantee you that. If they don't get any more, friday is basically going to be a horror story. I don't know what the difference is between available and on hand, but it is not looking good for those who did not preorder him.

My store told me they're only getting 5. I hope my preorders ship on Thursday so I can convince myself not to wait in line in the cold.

Is it possible that Meta Knight might join the trinity and become the quadrilogy if this is the case? I still have mine preorder and so far, no new update since I preordered it back in 12/15ish or so...

Little Mac is already part of the trinity

As of Wednesday last week, the three BBY around my area one store got (20) MK the other two got (9). I hope they got more shipments in between then and Friday. Snow, rain or shine I am planning to hit BBY 4hrs. prior to opening. I don't fully trust BBY.com on my pre-order because mainly of what I've seen here with the use of bubble mailers. Best of luck to everyone.
You're going to wait 4 hours for an amiibo?

Notice the new versions of Wario, DK, and Rosalina
To all the parents out there still searching for Rosalina, it won't be the SSB version, but you still have hope!
Alright if this is official from Nintendo then I'm sold they're making rosalina with the SMB set, otherwise why have both figures there, if it's not official then I don't think they will. Old version of rosalina will go up in value though.

The new DK, Roalina & Wario SMBS variants are old news and are all but confirmed by Nintendo. The news on them dropped mid-week last week if I remember correctly.

It was shown months ago at the nintendo direct in game footage, but that is nowhere close to being confirmed.

i think the only mario party variant that looks better than the smash version is DK. all the other ones look generic

Yoshi and luigi both look better

fuck Frys.

I turned down Ike 4x from target because I didnt want to waste money if Frys sent me them
Is this your first time buying from frys? Never turn down something somewhere else because you ordered it from frys

Hey guys. Just thought I'd chime in on the discussion. Been a long time CAG lurker, and with this amiibo craze, I finally decided to join.

The only ones I'm currently missing are Little Mac (of course) and Ike (my paypal was processing the transaction as he sold out on Targetdotcom lol).

Anywho, I'll be out there in the cold on the 20th tryna get my hands on MK with the rest of ya. Gonna be tough. . .there's a good amount of people where I live who line up for these.

Found a lone Toon Link among the commons at my local Walmart today. So happy :D
Pretty sure Toon Link wasn't a rare amiibo but good find nonetheless!

Alright if this is official from Nintendo then I'm sold they're making rosalina with the SMB set, otherwise why have both figures there, if it's not official then I don't think they will. Old version of rosalina will go up in value though.
It hasn't been official yet, just rumored but I can see some amiibos coming back and/or making another. They said it in their Nintendo Direct a couple weeks ago that they would bring back Marth but he'll most likely have a different pose. I can see that happening here too especially with this SMB series.

He will be rare for sure.
I find it hard to believe an entire wave is going to be rare. For a while people thought toon link and sheik were going to be rare because they were hard to find at first, now you can almost find them anywhere. So far it seems stores have barely any Ike's and KDDD but seem to get in way more MM and Sonic.
Megaman is the only amiibo in 3b with more than 1 production month, if any will be common it will be him, but maybe Even not because the demand for him is so high. 3a sheik and toon link had 2+ months and they were available to be preordered the longest so it makes sense they're common.

All the rest had 1 month so unless they get reprinted soon they will be rare. Nintendo has the SMB amiibos releasing soon then wave 4 so they don't really need to go back to making more 3b, they will probably stay rare.

Hey guys. Just thought I'd chime in on the discussion. Been a long time CAG lurker, and with this amiibo craze, I finally decided to join.
Welcome to the hunt my freshly feathered friend.

Just got in an order for two Mega Man at Target (change quantity during checkout)

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-mega-man-amiibo-figure/-/A-16811584
God damnit, I logged off CAG literally 4 minutes before this post. fucking hell my luck has gone downhill.

Just a heads up for those of you looking for a decent deal on those baseball bat display cases for your Amiibos. Michael's has them on sale for 50% (rather than the usual BOGO so this is a nice deal if you only want one). There is also a President's Day coupon good today and tomorrow to take an additional 25% off sale prices, making these 22.49 before tax.

Ordering them online is a bit of a wash, as you have to order at least two and end up slammed with 23 bucks in shipping charges. Pretty nice deal in-store though - I'll be trying to pick up a couple if I can brave the latest blizzard to make it over tomorrow after work.

http://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-baseball-bat-display-case/10174362.html

Are you trolling dude? Lol
No... if ever there was a time for nintendo to capitalize on some characters that they failed to make popular, now is the time. I mean you had Pit make an appearance in 1991 after the original 86 appearance, and then he didn't surface again until smash bros brawl. That's called dropping the ball and piss poor character development.

This may be a dumb question but do you guys think they'll make EVERY smash character? I'd want Duck Hunt dog and R.O.B. the Robot. Mr. Game & Watch would be interesting.

No... if ever there was a time for nintendo to capitalize on some characters that they failed to make popular, now is the time. I mean you had Pit make an appearance in 1991 after the original 86 appearance, and then he didn't surface again until smash bros brawl. That's called dropping the ball and piss poor character development.
Maybe you aren't aware but these amiibo are in the super smash line. None of the characters you listed are in smash so no way to ever expect they will have an amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back