Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
TLDR version was as long as the Did Read Version.

One 7 lines the other 6. Good rant though.
Mostly put that because the first part was shit that was probably discussed long ago that I never was a part of. When amiibos came out I only really wanted the Zelda ones (Link, Zelda, Shiek, Toon Link and Ganondorf...whenever he comes) But then I saw Bowser.....and thought how cool he would look on my gaming collectables shelf with Mario and Luigi. Then DK/Yoshi/Peach went on sale for 7.99 GCU then shit hit the fan. I bought those and then blew my load on all the others (except Pikachu). So I am fairly new to the game.

But good news to that fact is right after I bought all of those readily available ones I went to my local Meijer and found Ike, King Dedede, Sonic AND Megaman. I have a friend who has been really into it since launch so I bought two of each of those four for $110 about Out the door and sold him the four for $60.

Toad is popular with the females, my wife loves 'em and always chooses him whenever we play a game that he's in.

I don't have anything against Toad, but I've got one pre-ordered for completionists sake and since Treasure Tracker is awesome.

Meijer I believe is the best place. I got a friend that got Marth and Capt. Falcon there. I also got Ike, King Dedede, Megaman and sonic there on Friday.
Did anoyone get an ike amiibo ive been looking for that calling everyday and no store in my area has received their shipment
My friend ordered 3 Ikes from Target yesterday. One for me and two for him.. I haven't seen or heard of any in stores around me yet. My bet is Tuesday BB might have some.

Toad is popular with the females, my wife loves 'em and always chooses him whenever we play a game that he's in.

I don't have anything against Toad, but I've got one pre-ordered for completionists sake and since Treasure Tracker is awesome.
I love Toad

He's so cute

I've always picked him when I've had the choice. It's a toss up between him and Yoshi for me, but it's easier to find Yoshi everywhere

If they came out with a toad N3ds I would totally buy it

Just noticed this but BB has Meta Knight, Mega Man, Dedede out on 2/20 but people are saying they are getting some at other stores. Are there different release dates based on store?

It's because Toad is shaped like a penis.

Its because he's shaped like a penis. Watch till the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfU7pw76ZE

Amiibo has ruined my life. My boss is always on my case about how I don't show up for work on fridays. I haven't slept in 3 days due to refreshing target.com for king dedede. My hair has started falling out due to amiibo stress. My gf left me because I wasant able to preform inimately due to having alot on my mind she asked and I told her I was thinking of king dedede

Just noticed this but BB has Meta Knight, Mega Man, Dedede out on 2/20 but people are saying they are getting some at other stores. Are there different release dates based on store?
A few people claim to have gotten REALLY lucky and found some particularly customer service friendly managers who are circumventing the registers and allowing associates to ring up one Amiibo and sell a different one, probably screwing someone with a pre order in the process, but on the whole, no, the POS systems at Best Buy will now allow these three to be sold before Friday.

Guy at my local BBY that I've talked to off an on about Amiibo's says they have a hold on them for the 20th as well. They've got their MK's so far, but wasn't able to tell me a quantity, other than "This will be a rough one like Rosa". My local target got about 20 of those in, and they were gone in the first 5 mins.

Got my shipment notice for my two Ike amiibos today, and seeing how one goes for about as much as I paid for both I think I will probably keep one and sell one instead keeping one in box and opening the other.

Guy at my local BBY that I've talked to off an on about Amiibo's says they have a hold on them for the 20th as well. They've got their MK's so far, but wasn't able to tell me a quantity, other than "This will be a rough one like Rosa". My local target got about 20 of those in, and they were gone in the first 5 mins.
Meta will be much rougher than Rosa. My store received 5 and 3 are preorders.

This has he potential to blow up in their faces. If the collectors they're courting can't get them even after some work, lots will just quit.
A lot are quitting already. Daily we have people chiming in that they are ducking out of the amiibo game. And these are people keeping up to the minute with availability and preorders. Anyone else more casual is probably having a harder time, and giving up more frequently.

A lot are quitting already. Daily we have people chiming in that they are ducking out of the amiibo game. And these are people keeping up to the minute with availability and preorders. Anyone else more casual is probably having a harder time, and giving up more frequently.
I honestly think the issue now is everyone's trying to build stock to trade since wave 2 and the holy trinity are pretty much gone for. Come friday I'm willing to bet everyone's going to buy as much as the limit is regardless of if their a flipper or not because the backlog of missing stuff is getting larger

I got lucky on Mega Man last Friday, but I feel like Meta Knight will be harder to come by...hmm.

However, there's three Best Buys in the area and only one Toys R Us, so the 10 or so folks that showed up at TRU will be scattered amongst three Best Buys.

Decisions, decisions.

You can't be certain it's a bubble until it bursts. Don't go crazy.

If you actually sit down and read this article rather than just dismissing it out of hand, you're going to see a lot of similarities between the descriptions there and what's going on with Amiibos.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/family-spends-100000-on-beanie-babies-2013-7#when-taylor-was-three-or-four-he-wanted-a-beanie-baby-after-his-father-chris-sr-learned-that-they-were-valuable-he-began-to-take-the-kids-to-different-beanie-joints-to-get-as-many-of-the-toys-as-possible-1
Amiibos are incredibly similar to Beanie Babies yes. That is why you don't spend more than you can afford, and you don't pay more than retail price for them. People shelling out $50-$150 for these overpriced singles are nuts. As long as you stay within your means you'll never really have anything to regret. Be cognizant of what you're doing; that you're spending $600+ for a complete set of plastic toys and be okay with it. As long as you enjoy them for what they are then it's all good. They are absolutely not an investment. Sure, flip them if you want. But they are not an investment.

I honestly think the issue now is everyone's trying to build stock to trade since wave 2 and the holy trinity are pretty much gone for. Come friday I'm willing to bet everyone's going to buy as much as the limit is regardless of if their a flipper or not because the backlog of missing stuff is getting larger
Totally agree. With the uncertainty of wave 4 preorders, and based on Toad, how they could be gone instantly, this is definitely going to happen. Hell, we don't even know what the gold and silver Marios will cost or what will be required to get them, so a stock of trade bait is a good idea if you miss out on those and need to throw tons of figures into a trade.

I'd even go so far as to say that these things will never be measurably more popular than they are right now.  Just think about it for a bit.  Are more Nintendo super fans going to materialize?  Doubtful.  Amiibos are most likely peaking right now.  Most of them aren't worth more than retail.  Only certain limited run stuff tends to appreciate greatly in value in the long-term, and that's only when the brand remains popular for years to come.  They're making millions of these things. 

I have toad pre ordered.

I may be out of the game if I run out of luck this week with mk and ddd.

It'll be especially frustrating as they are touted to give kirby upgrades in the new wii u game. I know the power ups provided by mk and ddd may be unnecessary as kirby games tend to be pretty simplistic. It's just the fact of the matter that this smash amiibo will also work on a brand new release and they haven't manufactured enough. Not to mention it seems like ddd will be hard to come by and isn't an exclusive.

I know nintendo has made these things a while ago but it shouldn't be an excuse. Boxes can be made easier than figures I'd imagine, so id repackage other countries that are plentiful with those that can't keep demand.

Obviously an annoyed rant.

I have toad pre ordered.

I may be out of the game if I run out of luck this week with mk and ddd.

It'll be especially frustrating as they are touted to give kirby upgrades in the new wii u game. I know the power ups provided by mk and ddd may be unnecessary as kirby games tend to be pretty simplistic. It's just the fact of the matter that this smash amiibo will also work on a brand new release and they haven't manufactured enough. Not to mention it seems like ddd will be hard to come by and isn't an exclusive.

I know nintendo has made these things a while ago but it shouldn't be an excuse. Boxes can be made easier than figures I'd imagine, so id repackage other countries that are plentiful with those that can't keep demand.

Obviously an annoyed rant.
DDD you can probably trade a ike + megaman for worst case. MK you might end up having to trade 2-3 store exclusives for.

The scattered release of wave 3 has really fucked things up badly.

People think everything is rare and stores just haven't gotten their full stock yet. At this rate, everything will be rare just because. People just buy as soon as even a little bit of stock comes in.

The only rare ones seem to the 4 exclusives thus far. Others just haven't gotten their full stock yet. You can see this with Toon Link and Sheik.

Meta will be much rougher than Rosa. My store received 5 and 3 are preorders.
I don't know, Rosa was barely available for online preorder while Meta was up for quite a long time and quite a few of us got a BB.com preorder in. I suspect at the end of it all, if you really added up all the exclusives, the numbers will probably be roughly the same for each of the four with the only difference being the percentage that were sold online versus in store.

I don't know if anyone else has been holding their breath for Ike from Amazon (I've made a few posts about it here recently with no one responding), but my impatience got the best of me and I emailed them to ask if my preorder had any chance of being fulfilled. Their response was that it's not available from them (their exact words were "I've checked the order details and found that the item is not available with us"), which makes me unsure if they're not getting any more in or if the rep simply checked the product page and noticed that Amazon wasn't listed as a seller at the moment.

Either way, they offered to let me buy one from a seller that was fulfilled by them and get a refund for the price difference, which is amazingly generous of them, given that the seller they told me to use is charging ~$35 for it. I know it sounds stupid of me, but I really don't think I want to take advantage of them like that for something that should go for $13. I feel slimy at the thought of doing that to even a large corporation like Amazon (especially since they've treated me pretty well over the years).

Anyway, food for thought if anyone else is still sitting on an Ike preorder from them.

Got Toon Link and Bowser from BB, got Sonic coming in from Walmart should be here in a few days. Ike preordered at Gamestop. Got hooked up by a fellow CAG with Rosalina. Got Megaman preordered at Best Buy. going to have go hunt for Meta Knight and King Dedede although tbh i wont lose sleep over missing Meta Knight i just recently decided i wanted him.

Is Target the best bet for getting King Dedede online?

Got Toon Link and Bowser from BB, got Sonic coming in from Walmart should be here in a few days. Ike preordered at Gamestop. Got hooked up by a fellow CAG with Rosalina. Got Megaman preordered at Best Buy. going to have go hunt for Meta Knight and King Dedede although tbh i wont lose sleep over missing Meta Knight i just recently decided i wanted him.

Is Target the best bet for getting King Dedede online?
Have keep on F5ing the page... who knows.. but to me, it looks like the best place to get it... after this week, who knows though...

DDD you can probably trade a ike + megaman for worst case. MK you might end up having to trade 2-3 store exclusives for.
The only reason Ike isn't worth a Dedede is because Target has sold them online this weekend. That will change, if TRU is any indication, where Ike was no more than 1 copy including preorders and Dedede was slightly more.

I don't know, Rosa was barely available for online preorder while Meta was up for quite a long time and quite a few of us got a BB.com preorder in. I suspect at the end of it all, if you really added up all the exclusives, the numbers will probably be roughly the same for each of the four with the only difference being the percentage that were sold online versus in store.
Is it really safe to assume all exclusives are in equal number? It would make sense, based on how Nintendo does things. Do we have to factor in the size of the chain?

Regardless, I agree and I feel that Friday we'll see a Rosalina/Shulk like window for Meta Knight of online orders, which will help balance out the current disparity within the exclusives.

This, people don't always look at the whole picture, Target basically dumped the entire Rosalina inventory in 1 day in stores. While I bet lots of people got Meta Knights in preorders, same with lucario. In the end I think the 4 exclusives are similar in quantities.

I actually think Ike will be pretty rare. All Toysrus got was 1 and some stores got 0 Ikes. On Target.com Friday and yesterday. Ike was up for by far the shortest amount of time vs Sonic and Megaman.

It would really make my weekend complete if King Dedede would go up for purchase.  I'm so close to completing wave 3 and I think I'll somehow find a way to finagle a Meta Knight out of Best Buy.  Target.com and TRU in-store have hands down been the best and only hunting grounds for everything so far. 

I agree with this. Meta Knight was probably purchased by more people who actually want him versus Rosa, who was purchased mostly by scalpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back