Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ike order:

Tucson, AZ, United States 02/15/2015 1:42 P.M. Package is in transit to a UPS facility

I ordered 3 Ikes and a Luigi to get free shipping. luigi shipped first on Saturday, but has no tracking info yet. Ike shipped Sunday, and has that tracking info.

My Ike order from Fry's was cancelled over night :( Guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was happening to everyone.

Now I'm even sadder for missing the couple times it came up on Target

I highly doubt they will change their packaging if its re release lol. Even if they did, wouldn't change anything. Reprint, value always goes down doesn't matter if its the old or new. Not like people will notice which one is which unless they really do change the way villager looks. Like I said to the other guy, I was referring to being a collector and not some one who would resell.
The packaging WILL be changed for every Wave 1 reprint regardless -- it will say "2015" on the back of the package instead of "2014" -- even if everything else is the same, the value of the "first print" will be different than the re-print (though maybe not much).

TRU has a "Limited" Sale going on right now - Buy 1 Amiibo get 1 40% off

Just noticed this on their website, does anyone know if this is in-store as well, and if they are expecting any restocks today?

The packaging WILL be changed for every Wave 1 reprint regardless -- it will say "2015" on the back of the package instead of "2014" -- even if everything else is the same, the value of the "first print" will be different than the re-print (though maybe not much).
I think people are putting too much faith in folks caring about first prints as though this is some kind of comic book.

TRU has a "Limited" Sale going on right now - Buy 1 Amiibo get 1 40% off

Just noticed this on their website, does anyone know if this is in-store as well, and if they are expecting any restocks today?

It is in store. Picked up toon link and Diddy yesterday with the sale. Not sure about restocks the guy working wasn't sure when new stock would be showing up.

I think people are putting too much faith in folks caring about first prints as though this is some kind of comic book.
Lol its useless to even argue...people keep pointing out some of the stupidest examples. Comparing it to a 2k-3k comics that are 40-50 years old, first and second prints that are actually different packaging or labeled as 1st/2nd edition. No one even knows if or how they will reprint lol. All we know is Marth will get another figure but they didnt specifically say wif thats a reprint or different pose or what.

Hey guys, is Rosalina for my Dedede a good deal? (I've said yes already)

Got someone who wanted to trade on GAF but when it came time to pay, he said his Paypal was having issues and begged me to wait till Tuesday. Guess I will, though another 2 guys offered a Lucario and Captain Falcon respectively, but honestly Pit or Shulk would have been the best imo (5/1 Shulk is too far).
King dedede and new kirby game come out this Friday. King dedede will not be rare. we can see it wide release like bowser.

Serious collectors will care about the package having a different year. Look at the value they put on the US packaging. Insane for a piece of cardboard!

Serious collectors will care about the package having a different year. Look at the value they put on the US packaging. Insane for a piece of cardboard!
They're either going to have to keep reprinting Amiibos as they put out new games or they're going to have to stop supporting them with DLC. You can't put out a Mario game in a year and have Rosalina DLC and not put out another Rosalina doll. I don't think there will be any "serious collectors" left in 5 years because in order to have them all you're going to have to fill an entire bedroom with them.

When it came to pre-orders, King Dedede and Ike were the first two that sold out on Amazon.com and TRU.com. If that is any indication, I wouldn't exactly say that King Dedede will have the same quantity as Bowser. The jury is still out.

They're either going to have to keep reprinting Amiibos as they put out new games or they're going to have to stop supporting them with DLC. You can't put out a Mario game in a year and have Rosalina DLC and not put out another Rosalina doll. I don't think there will be any "serious collectors" left in 5 years because in order to have them all you're going to have to fill an entire bedroom with them.
Whatcha talkin' bout willis? I've already reserved one of my bedroom solely for amiibo figures. :D/

I'll bet you $100 this is complete bullshit.
You might as well bet him a million at this point. Because honestly no one knows shit about the King. TRU has gotten every wave early... I think Dedede will be available on the 20th at other retailers along with Ike and Mega Man. Who knows who the commons are of wave 3B. We are just a bunch of speculating assholes myself included.

Snow here in the Midwest so I'm home. Now would be a great time for wave 4 pre orders to go up.... Just saying, retail chains...

I like Amiibos because my kid's want them.  My daughter loves Rosalina and I got one from Target's site.  I have several Amiibo's lined up in boxes on a high shelf to remind them to be good if they want them.  It's working fairly well.  I would never pay more than retail for them though.  Of course I'm not buying them for myself and my kids open and play with them.  Mario's fireball hand broke off.

why has GS been the last one to get amiibos?

i would expect them to be the first being that they are GAME stop and all

better get my Ike, King, Mega Man and Sonic preorders this week

That can be said about most video game memorabilia you realize right? These things stack in each other and can easily be fit into 1-2 storage bins

That can be said about most video game memorabilia you realize right? These things stack in each other and can easily be fit into 1-2 storage bins
Some things yes. There was a comparison to Earthbound the actual game yesterday. That is not like this. If all the kid's get their Rosalina's then the first print Rosalina will be worth the same as the second print because no one will need it.

If every single Amiibo was widely available, how many people would still buy multiples?

Some things yes. There was a comparison to Earthbound the actual game yesterday. That is not like this. If all the kid's get their Rosalina's then the first print Rosalina will be worth the same as the second print because no one will need it.

If every single Amiibo was widely available, how many people would still buy multiples?
You're still talking short term though, this entire conversation started because freshgamer arbitrarily decided a bunch of 12.99 amiibos will be worthless in the future while a $50 game will increase in value. In decades when the smash amiibos are out of print and they release different configurations like they did with the SMS ones price is going to be determined by the how many in box ones are out in the wild and how many people care about them. In basically every collectible sphere reprints carry a different value than the original run for better or worse, why are amiibos exempt from that?

You're still talking short term though, this entire conversation started because freshgamer arbitrarily decided a bunch of 12.99 amiibos will be worthless in the future while a $50 game will increase in value. In decades when the smash amiibos are out of print and they release different configurations like they did with the SMS ones price is going to be determined by the how many in box ones are out in the wild and how many people care about them. In basically every collectible sphere reprints carry a different value than the original run for better or worse, why are amiibos exempt from that?
What are "SMS"? Lets be honest here, no one gives a shit what they're worth in 50 years. Half the people here will be dead by then.

This conversation will probably be interesting to sociologists in 50 years though.

It's not even a rumor, there's a picture of it.
there's a picture of it in game, not of the figure. Just because they have an icon for it in game doesn't mean they are going to make the figure, it's still just a rumor.

Overall Amazon has some pretty great customer service IMO, you can't expect a rep to know detailed info about millions of products. Ya I'm sure they make mistakes like anyone but overall pretty good
amazon service is good at giving you refunds or replacements. If you need any service that requires actually thinking or a thought that is off script, they are horrible because they don't understand and have no critical thinking skills.

What are "SMS"? Lets be honest here, no one gives a shit what they're worth in 50 years. Half the people here will be dead by then.

This conversation will probably be interesting to sociologists in 50 years though.
Super Mario Series, the mario party ones. That can be said about video games and comic books as well, why are toys (which have a sizable collector's market) any different?

Correct me if my history was wrong but one of the reasons why comic books crashed so hard was because the publishers started explicitly going after the "collector" demographic right? Right now there's no indication that Nintendo's changing their production plans or releasing anything to explicitly cater to the demographic that keeps them in boxes. As long as that's the case your 12.99 toy should be worth something more in the future because of the limited supply

exactly, also if you look on the back of your amiibos there is a number imprinted on the back of all amiibos, that says the week of the year that it was manufactured. For example my marth says "344W3" that means it was manfuctured on week 34 of 2014. (August)

This guy has been keeping a list of all the weeks amiibos have been produced: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YFUvN3LmL4xe57zGRHv7J38OiZdBpuYewBS5Z5OBFr8/edit

so a reprint of marth will definitely at the very least say 2015 and have different weeks.

if people didn't care about packaging, then why does a USA villager go for more than double or triple the price of a european villager? The packaging is very similar besides a few lines of text. People care.

King dedede and new kirby game come out this Friday. King dedede will not be rare. we can see it wide release like bowser.
that is 100% false. King dedede will be rare for sure. It was only printed 1 month like all the other rare amiibos.

They do not have to keep printing amiibos for dlc. Like they said if they really have to have a dlc they can just introduce cards or even just make it downloadable dlc. Plus if someone needs it really badly they can always go to ebay. Nintendo doesn't care if you don't have your dlc.

You might as well bet him a million at this point. Because honestly no one knows shit about the King. TRU has gotten every wave early... I think Dedede will be available on the 20th at other retailers along with Ike and Mega Man. Who knows who the commons are of wave 3B. We are just a bunch of speculating assholes myself included.
we know a lot about king dedede, he was only printed 1 month, he was one of the first to sell out and TRU limited him to 1 per person instead of 2 per person when they cancelled all the orders. Just because it's speculation doesn't mean it's a educated assumption. It's easy to tell the rarity of these things when using the information given.

exactly, also if you look on the back of your amiibos there is a number imprinted on the back of all amiibos, that says the week of the year that it was manufactured. For example my marth says "344W3" that means it was manfuctured on week 34 of 2014. (August)

This guy has been keeping a list of all the weeks amiibos have been produced: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YFUvN3LmL4xe57zGRHv7J38OiZdBpuYewBS5Z5OBFr8/edit

so a reprint of marth will definitely at the very least say 2015 and have different weeks.

if people didn't care about packaging, then why does a USA villager go for more than double or triple the price of a european villager? The packaging is very similar besides a few lines of text. People care.

that is 100% false. King dedede will be rare for sure. It was only printed 1 month like all the other rare amiibos.

They do not have to keep printing amiibos for dlc. Like they said if they really have to have a dlc they can just introduce cards or even just make it downloadable dlc. Plus if someone needs it really badly they can always go to ebay. Nintendo doesn't care if you don't have your dlc.

we know a lot about king dedede, he was only printed 1 month, he was one of the first to sell out and TRU limited him to 1 per person instead of 2 per person when they cancelled all the orders. Just because it's speculation doesn't mean it's a educated assumption. It's easy to tell the rarity of these things when using the information given.
Hmmmm..... Is this Reggie???

the packaging of the reprint of marth will tell a lot of information of what nintendo's goal is with these figures. If they just want them to be toys the packaging will be the same besides maybe the year and week, if they want them to be collectibles the packaging will be a lot different like maybe even a greatest hits version. 

Correct me if my history was wrong but one of the reasons why comic books crashed so hard was because the publishers started explicitly going after the "collector" demographic right? Right now there's no indication that Nintendo's changing their production plans or releasing anything to explicitly cater to the demographic that keeps them in boxes. As long as that's the case your 12.99 toy should be worth something more in the future because of the limited supply
mario_gold_silver_amiibo.0.0.jpg

There is a bigger picture than amiibos here, that relates to that article. Game collecting is going to go the same way. There is no way it's going to keep growing at this rate. And this time, it'll be the resellers dragging things down into a death spiral.
Lets put it this way, if people that have no interest in using these as DLC or displaying them for fun are buying them to simply speculate then turning around and selling them the same day they bought them for 2-4x the price, it sounds like a huge bubble, even more so than limited edition or rare video games themselves. I remember when GameStop had Xenoblade re-printed, there were so many people crying about it because their "investment" dropped in value and they were "promised" it would be rare.

This is delusional. Nintendo isn't going to make DLC without making new copies of the Amiibos. There would be no way to make their money back on the cost of development. They might put the cards out but as long as people are willing to spend $13 on the figures, they'll continue to sell them and make new ones. Nintendo cares more about someone getting their DLC than if your Amiibo is valuable - a lot more because they want to make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back