Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to my bb looking for everything buy mk. they said they only got mk today and gave me a $5 coupon for any wii u or 3ds game

About 15 people in line at my store lol.
I had to get a new phone anyway so i came to check out the hype. Apparantly there were lines all around town at the other stores as well.
So glad i got one online earlier this week!

Ohh yeah. I was at Best Buy when it opened, managed to snag a Meta Knight. Everyone went back to the Amiibo section first when the guy mumbled we have Meta Knight at the counter. I was fifth in line, but first to the counter because of this.. feel a bit douchey but hey, this is my fourth trip out trying to find an exclusive and the first time I actually got one. :)

I just got back to work today. I stood outside my local Best Buy from 7:30 until opening. I was third in line but the two in front of me were really cool and the guy behind me was pretty cool . Others did not start coming until 8:30 with a big rush at about 9:30. They had 3 Meta Knights, 1 Ike, and a few Sonic, Mega Man, King Dedede. They limited us to ONE AMIIBO ONLY. You were not allowed to buy any others at all. I ended up with a Meta Knight, felt sorry for the guy behind me but he did get Ike. 

Here comes my blog post. I mean story:

Got to BB about 9:25. There were already 3 people in line. I said fuck it and lined up since I was super bundled up with crazy extra layers. People ahead of me seem friendly, all talking about being collectors and how much we hate scalpers. First guy who I recognize from TRU last Friday has been in line since 8:30. Two people ahead of me drove up from a town about half an hour south of here and have been in line since 9. It is somewhere between 5 and 7 degrees outside, luckily not much wind. About fifteen minutes before opening, a lot more people start showing up. They start loudly talking about some stuff about rare figures, etc. About eight minutes before opening, an employee came out to tell us that they only have 4 extra Meta Knights besides pre-orders and that they didn't get any Ike, DDD, Mega Man, or Sonic. He says he'll take the first four people in line to wait in the lobby and they'll ring us up as soon as they get registers open. 

The original crew and I walk in feeling great, everyone else leaves very vocally disappointed. One guy shouts he has a pre-order and they employees let him in too. The five of us chill in the lobby and warm up, happy to get out of the weather. We all talk about Nintendo stuff, our favorite games, consoles, amiibos, etc. Guy ahead of me turns around before he checks out and asks if I'd like to compare paintjobs on the last two since he remembers me talking about how picky I was over these things. I shake his hand, grab the better looking of the two, and use GCU and the $10 gift card from Monster Hunter 4 to get MK and a copy of Kirby and the Rainbow Curse for $34.XX

Got Chik-fil-A breakfast on my way home. It was a good day.

Glad I had imported MK because it's 14 degrees, wind chill of 0 here. I paid $27 to avoid pneumonia lol
Lol. I'm really happy so many of you are getting ur amiibos. Waiting to hear back from hubby since I had to go to work. Was only looking for Ike today. Everything else got shipped to home.

Checking in from Durham, NC. It was 6 degrees with a wind chill of -4. Got to Best Buy at 8:30 and waited with two other awesome guys and we talked about how this is so much worse than Skylanders ever were. More peeps show up around 9:30 and line up behind us.

The store only received 3 extra Meta Knights, 2 Mega Men and 1 DeDeDe. Us first three got Meta Knight and Mega Man and let the guy behind us with his kid at least get the DeDeDe since there were no Meta Knights left and kid was getting upset about it all.

Still don't have the King yet, but at least Meta Knight is done!!

so I already have a meta knight coming but I decided to go to the woodbridge NJ bestbuy early anyway to get my copy of "the order" and to also check toysrus first. no line at bestbuy til 15 minutes before they opened but the people in the toysrus like told me the line happened already.  3 meta knight tickets went out to first 3 people and all others got a $5 off coupon for a wiiu or 3ds game good for today. go into toysrus to find out they sold the preorders no one picked up last night. Mentioned to the group in line I have an extra NA meta knight coming in if anyone has a DEDEDE to even trade. guy shows me he has 2 dedede coming wednesday, we exchange #s. walk over to bestbuy and one of the people from the TRU line handed me his $5 off coupon so with BB certs and GCU I snagged the new kirby game for $19!

WTF, Frys actually shipped out my Mega Man! I thought they canceled it a long time ago?!
FRys Mega Man.PNG

No, they cancelled everything but Mega Man. Mega Man was the only one they confirmed getting stock of. I had an order there too that they cancelled everything but Mega Man and told me they expected him to ship today and I told them to just cancel him since I got it elsewhere.

Well, I got my order confirmation from Fry's for my Mega Man from this morning.  I originally ordered 2 (one for me, one for a trade), and it allowed the order to go through.  Then, after the order went through, it said, "oops.  Quantity ordered above allowed limit".  So, I placed the order with only one, that went through.  It allowed that order.  I see that they actually took the money out of m account for the first 2, but, quickly returned it, and then charged for the one.  At any rate, thanks to the CAG member who posted about it going up;!

Got to my local BB at 8AM. There were already 6 people in line and all the Meta Knights were already assigned from tickets. I did get 1 of 2 Mega Man's that they had. They had no other amiibos.

Meet some really cool people in line too. Might camp out more often.

Don't bother with N. Texas. Apparently Sherman sold their entire stock early despite the figures being locked in the system. Pretty cool, since they had a spare captain falcon when it came out and told me they couldn't sell it because of the "street date"

Don't bother with N. Texas. Apparently Sherman sold their entire stock early despite the figures being locked in the system. Pretty cool, since they had a spare captain falcon when it came out and told me they couldn't sell it because of the "street date"

I can second this, that store always fails me.

I got 2 mk's coming from best buy. Holding to trade for a ness & robin. Since im not up when preoders seem to go up. Dont like meta, but knew it would be good trade fodder.

Glad many of you got to eat. I'm actually surprised there wasn't more carnage being reported.

Enjoy your new toys. My online orders of 3b (sans mega man) should arrive today alongside rainbow curse.

I had the order mid tier edition on order but cancelled when mediocre impressions hit the net. Will wait for proper reviews and maybe a sale.

I just got an email from BBY... my in store pick up for Dedede, MK and Ike were cancelled. :bomb:

EDIT* I should note, yesterday I received an email saying they were ready for pick up today. 

Last edited by a moderator:
People outside stores in the Northeast today are insane. Its literally 2 degrees outside right now and 20 below with the wind.

I'd rather pay a scalper 30-40 bucks for Meta Knight.
Yeah MK is probably one of the few amiibo worth paying extra for considering it's an exclusive, it's release window, etc. So glad I got preorders online.

NYC BB did a ticket system really early. I'm glad they have the tact and communication skills of NW
NW is terrible with handling any ticketing system. I waited on line for hours at events only for wristbands to be given out about 2 hours before they start selling. The latest N3DSXL/MM/MH4U launch was the worse organized release I've been to (though it is the first midnight launch while the others at NW were early release).

read the WFT trainer tag at bestbuy again, it's not for WFT, it's a donkey kong tag.

It says Donkey Kong Amiibo from the Wii Fit Trainer Wii U. For some reason bestbuy put donkey kong as being for the wii fit game.
I believe Yoshi tag was first reported like that. I saw it earlier in the week. All others DK included were fine. I guess Best Buy updated tags as the price is now $9.99 ? BB really has bad interns doing their data entry for POS stuff.

I just read if you show up to Best Buy and ask for a Meta Knight (which they most likely won't have) - Best Buy will give you a $5 credit towards a 3DS / Wii U game... sounds like a decent "apology" to me.
I saw someone post a pic of the coupon on twitter. I wonder if it is multi use...

Got lucky with the bestbuy preorders back in December. Rest of 3b preorders set to arrive today, with Mega Man just being processed today (still in preparing stage).

I plan on putting some of my amiibo up for trade, maybe can get multiples of EU/Japan versions.

Checked in on Best Buy in Jersey City. Apparently people had started lining up at 6 am, and at least 20 were there by the opening at 10 am. They had four amiibos total: one Mega Man and three of another (I forget which). It's like 5 degrees right now. Brutal.

[quote name="chargeup45" post="12518605" timestamp="1424449156"]Checked in on Best Buy in Jersey City. Apparently people had started lining up at 6 am, and at least 20 were there by the opening at 10 am. They had four amiibos total: one Mega Man and three of another (I forget which). It's like 5 degrees right now. Brutal.[/quote]

I showed up to best buy in secaucus at 9:50 they only had 3 extras tickets had been handed out

Also a Target was very close so I think those people started there, may or may not have had success, and then walked to Best Buy to wait on that line.

Still waiting on shipping confirmation from Newegg, getting uneasy.

Should have went to my second option best buy. They had 15 and I arrived as the last was getting sold. Although they did give me give a $5 off coupon for any game, so got got rainbow curse for 36 after tax. It's something ....

Ugh, TRU claiming some Ikes in tomorrow. But considering how apeshit customers there went over TL and Sheik who werent even rare, I dont feel in the mood for fights

I got my MK, it was held with the same note from when I went in days ago. my store received 5 total (contrary to what I was told before, none were preordered) and were limited to one per customer. I got there a few mins before opening hoping to snag an extra for another CAG. There were two people who bought before me and the remaining 3 were labeled just like mine. Not sure why I am so excited for a piece of plastic. this is the first "toy" line I have collected since world of springfield. I was a completionist then, and remain the same with these for now.

Now I just need a mega man and sonic.

Got to my local Best Buy and there was a line of people already. Luckily, I had preordered Mega Knight ahead of time, so I wasn't too worried and didn't bother with running my way to the counter.

The clerk starts selling Mega Knight to a few people, and then gets this look on his face, like "Oh fuck". Yeah, turns out, the only Mega Knights the store got in stock were the ones I preordered. Luckily, he realized his mistake and held the remaining stock for me (though he obviously couldn't do anything about the ones he already sold).

So I picked up the 5 remaining Amiibos in my order and some neckbeard started spazzing out on me. Bitching about how he'd pay whatever I asked for and how his 4-year-old was gonna be so disappointed if she didn't get a Mega Knight. Sorry, bro, but if you loved your "kid" so much you should've preordered. Deal with it.

Got to my local Best Buy and there was a line of people already. Luckily, I had preordered Mega Knight ahead of time, so I wasn't too worried and didn't bother with running my way to the counter.

The clerk starts selling Mega Knight to a few people, and then gets this look on his face, like "Oh fuck". Yeah, turns out, the only Mega Knights the store got in stock were the ones I preordered. Luckily, he realized his mistake and held the remaining stock for me (though he obviously couldn't do anything about the ones he already sold).

So I picked up the 5 remaining Amiibos in my order and some neckbeard started spazzing out on me. Bitching about how he'd pay whatever I asked for and how his 4-year-old was gonna be so disappointed if she didn't get a Mega Knight. Sorry, bro, but if you loved your "kid" so much you should've preordered. Deal with it.
that woman had a beard?

You could have just said $100 and bam that's more Amiibo, and you helped a kid with a dad who fails at the Amiibo hunt!!

Oh well

Btw does anyone know the actually rarity of these Amiibo? Like how many have actually been release within the USA and world wide?

My Best Buy had 8 Meta Knights (1 was preordered) and 2 Mega Mans. I was able to pick up a Meta Knight but the person who cut in front of me at the register got the last Mega Man. A bit salty but I'll get over it. I'm kinda disappointed in the paint work on the Meta Knight though, especially the mask.

The best we have is nintendo's cpsia page which shows how many months of production they got. According to that, quite a few of this wave gonna be rare.theres also the recently released sales chart released by nintendo which shows top sellers(useless) and sell through(confirms what we know about rarity)

Effing neckbeards. Im embarassed to stand beside 3 guys who b-line to the door and stand beside another guy wrapped up in 1990 disney blankets for an hour and a half... Meta knight really?? I mean Mennonite? Lol
Cary, NC by any chance? Just curious as I saw similar looking people outside of Toys R Us last week. Pretty much the exact reason I avoided going to that store (I assumed they'd be there, and according to a friend they were and had been there since midnight).

I can't understand the logic behind waiting 8 or more hours with a -11 wind chill to buy an amiibo figure that can be easily had on eBay for $40. The net savings of the 8 - 10 hour wait is like $20, so $2 - $3 an hour.

^

This guy keeps referring Meta Knight as "Mega Knight". Obvious flipper, as anyone who plays the actual game knows the character names and yet he's telling others to "deal with it"

Oh the irony LOL! Did you order "Meta Man" also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back