Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy had 12 Meta Knights available.  I was ticket #8.  A couple of the guys that strolled up less than 15minutes before the store opened got the last tickets.  There were also a number of people that got there as the store was opening that were very disappointed.   I was very impressed with how neat and orderly Best Buy handled things.  Inventory manager came out and gave directions to the crowd, told them no running and remain orderly.  It was very nice.  I wish other retail stores handled big releases with this kind of professionalism. 

My store had 7 initally with 9 people in line. After we all get in, the genius Best Buy employee realizes that they never separated the pre-orders (2). So 7 turned into 5. I was one of the 5. I was first actually. Other 4 got theirs. Last 5 were salty as hell. Person 6 who showed up 5 mins before the store opened was pissed he didn't get one. Dude should have probably been there an hour and a half early like I was to guarantee his Meta Knight. fucking rookie.
It's not hes a rookie it's just that he has life jk

My store had 7 initally with 9 people in line. After we all get in, the genius Best Buy employee realizes that they never separated the pre-orders (2). So 7 turned into 5. I was one of the 5. I was first actually. Other 4 got theirs. Last 5 were salty as hell. Person 6 who showed up 5 mins before the store opened was pissed he didn't get one. Dude should have probably been there an hour and a half early like I was to guarantee his Meta Knight. fucking rookie.
I feel bad for people that didn't get a Meta Knight that were in line with me, but in all honesty I got there at 7:30 am and stood inline compared to some that got there an hour later. I felt really bad about the guy behind me because he was fourth in line and got there 15 minuets after me and there were no Meta Knights left. He did get an Ike though. I mean its pretty much your own fault if you didn't get there early enough.

So with the Marth reprint that is supposed to be with Code Name STEAM are we expecting a true reprint with SSB box or are we expecting it to be a different box for Steam?

While Meta Knight was the hot item, the rarer figures at my Best Buy were Ike, Sonic, and Mega Man. My store only got two of each of those, and all were reserved.

Thankfully one of the two Mega Man figs were for me, but now begins the long hard task of trying to get Sonic and Ike in the wild.

Ratfoot, on 20 Feb 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:
Almost time for me, will they be behind the counter or on the racks?
The Best Buy I was at had them behind the counter but they handed out tickets beforehand so your location will vary. Good luck on your's.

Megaman order shipped from BB this morning and Meta supposed to be delivered today.  So just down to needing a NA Ike.

I have a Sheik and Fox in mint boxes and a Sonic with a damaged box that I'm willing to sell to a CAG for my cost $13.99 + shipping.

Message me if interested.

For the people who pre-ordered at walmart, how are your orders going? My order of Ike, Dedede, and Mega Man are all that's left for this last batch and should be coming next week. Just wanted to compare with others since it seems I got Sonic one week earlier than others who also pre-ordered from walmart. 

I must also add that Walmart has been doing a spectacular job for me. No damage to any of the figures. I probably just jinxed it now.

I'll wait and see how my Ike looks today but based off my Sonic that I received yesterday, I might pre order wave 4 in its entirety with Wal Mart because Sonic came in great shape in a box that was just the right size for very minimal movement once sealed up.

Kind of defeats the purpose of pre-ordering if you are still going to wait in line and freeze, but this neck-beard went on his way with 2 meta knights as he tipped is fedora to the clerk in a "thank you" fashion. The DudeBro just stood there looking like a fool, having been bested by a neck-beard of all people.
So...since we're stereotyping everyone...it was dudebro vs. neckbeard with a fedora (and since he was wearing a fedora that also means he's a hipster). Dudebro vs. Neckbeard hipster? Most Dudebros are jocks too though, so the Dudebro should have just beat the neckbeard Hipsters ass and choked him out with his letterman's jacket. Perfect Uwe Boll script right there, people.

Just got tickets at my Best Buy. There are only 10 available, everyone in line got a ticket. Thank goodness too so I don't have to worry about these.

For the people who pre-ordered at walmart, how are your orders going? My order of Ike, Dedede, and Mega Man are all that's left for this last batch and should be coming next week. Just wanted to compare with others since it seems I got Sonic one week earlier than others who also pre-ordered from walmart.

I must also add that Walmart has been doing a spectacular job for me. No damage to any of the figures. I probably just jinxed it now.
My WM pre-order for Mega Man and Ike have shipped and are on schedule for a Tuesday delivery. First pre-orders I will be getting shipped to my house.

I preordered all of wave 3 with them, cancelled Sheik, Toon Link and Bowser after I was able to find them at TRU during their first shipment. Walmart cancelled Sonic, and Ike, Dedede and Mega Man are still processing, delivery date says Feb 26 but they have not shipped. I chatted with them yesterday, they're SUPPOSED to ship today, but I'm really worried after I've seen a lot of reports of people who have recieved them or have them shipped already from walmart.

I'll wait and see how my Ike looks today but based off my Sonic that I received yesterday, I might pre order wave 4 in its entirety with Wal Mart because Sonic came in great shape in a box that was just the right size for very minimal movement once sealed up.
what are the dimensions of the Walmart box?

GOT MY META KNIGHT AND IKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only person at my Best Buy. The Nintendo Representative was there too, real nice asian lady! I. AM. SO. PUMPED. UP!

I don't want to sound insulting to the people that wait in line for these to open, but what do you all do for a living? Do you just take super early lunches? Come in to work late? Take a half day? Take the day off? 

I don't want to sound insulting to the people that wait in line for these to open, but what do you all do for a living? Do you just take super early lunches? Come in to work late? Take a half day? Take the day off?
I just assume everyone on this site works in IT or is "self employed". ;)

I saw 20 people outside a SoCal store otw to work. Noped myself out of there and now I hit f5 here every few seconds.

I'd say we need to stop using the term 'neckbeard' to label everyone else that is waiting in line.  

But then again about half the people waiting in line at my store actually had neckbeards so..

Went by the BB near my work and asked about Meta Knight, to see how crazy it was this morning. I asked an employee (I'd generally seen in games) how many they got in. He said "negative one." I asked what that meant and he said that they only got one in and it was supposed to be for an in-store pickup but it was lost now. So they owe that guy an Amiibo now. I would be so pissed if that were me.

Went to a best buy in compton, bought a metaknight but then a guy wanted to trade me for MaryJ. I didnt like metaknight anyways.

I'd say we need to stop using the term 'neckbeard' to label everyone else that is waiting in line.

But then again about half the people waiting in line at my store actually had neckbeards so..
That's the funny thing. The only person I've ran into that was clearly a flipper was a twenty-something year-old girl.

Well I have a bad feeling about my store about 10 of us two of which were some fat obnoxious fucks who showed up 10 minutes ago and haven't shut up. No tickets so I'm just gonna go to the service counter.

Well I picked up my Mega Man, Ike, Meta Knight and King Dedede from Best Buy.  People were pissed off that I was able to get all 4.  They only had 8 Meta Knights and nothing else.  

So far I'm way on top with Amiibos.  I originally planned on one to keep in the box and one to open of the ones I liked and got in on the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 free for all of wave 1, 2, and 3.  I eventually decided to open up all of them and sold off my 2 extra villagers and Marth, making back everything that I had even spent on Amiibos.  Now I'll probably have to pay retail going on, but oh well...as it stands I've got all my Amiibos for free.

Well this sucks, after thinking I've had all my Wave 3 locked in @ BBY since 12/7 I found out that somehow Mega Man was never ordered (even though I swore he was in my cart when I ordered the rest of Wave 3).  I ignored all the times he popped up on other sites since I thought I had him locked down.

I guess it gives me something to hunt while waiting for Wave 4, but damn, I'm annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to my FedEx tracking order, it states 8x6x5 inches.
I just got my Sonics from Wal Mart and they came in the original box that Nintendo sent them in. Nice touch. Size said 10x8x6 for those two figures. No packing material inside but that were in mint shape. Also ordered tow Dedede's but the box size for that says 6x6x6.

On a Meta KNight note I wasnt even able to get out this morning. At around 8:00PM I started feeling nauseous, then for the next 4 hours I was puking and crapping every 30 minutes (yes, at the same time! that sucked). Finally was able to lay down at around 3am, puked/crapped at 4:30 then fell asleep til 7:30am. Awful awful night. I didnt even wanna TRY going out like I planned.

I just got my Sonics from Wal Mart and they came in the original box that Nintendo sent them in. Nice touch. Size said 10x8x6 for those two figures. No packing material inside but that were in mint shape. Also ordered tow Dedede's but the box size for that says 6x6x6.

On a Meta KNight note I wasnt even able to get out this morning. At around 8:00PM I started feeling nauseous, then for the next 4 hours I was puking and crapping every 30 minutes (yes, at the same time! that sucked). Finally was able to lay down at around 3am, puked/crapped at 4:30 then fell asleep til 7:30am. Awful awful night. I didnt even wanna TRY going out like I planned.
All I hear is that you were awake at 4:30 and chose to go to sleep instead of getting in line

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back