Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they are the only people that would take that shitty job. Imagine doing the same exact fucking thing for hours on end. Packing shit all day. Seriously. Think for a second. Who the fuck would do that if they had another choice?
They could be in some sweat shop in 20 other countries of the world working 15 hours a day for a dollar...

Doesnt ad much i know, just saying, they got a god job when billions of people in the world cant even afford food.

Most people work those jobs because they don't have access to the same opportunities as us.  Every time I walk down Chicago, I start to tear up when I see homeless people especially in 0 degree weather.  Meanwhile, we are complaining about bent boxes.  Not sure who I feel more sorry for..

Most people work those jobs because they don't have access to the same opportunities as us. Every time I walk down Chicago, I start to tear up when I see homeless people especially in 0 degree weather. Meanwhile, we are complaining about bent cards on a fucking happy meal toy.
Hey where's that one guy with the one thing with the wikipedia page about the starving children in Africa?! You're up dude!

Damnnnnn really third world countries and shipping... Gees someone lie and say Marth is up on Gamestop for we can have something to actually care about Gees CAG people

Sometimes I wonder if any place will even take Wave 4 for preorder considering how popular the Amiibos are. I would have figured Gamestop would have a place holder for the Wave 4s since they've done so with items in the past (not Amiibos, just in general).

As annoying as a giant crease across the top of the packaging is, complaining about it really won't do much. The last thing an employee cares about is putting some pointless figure into a different box. I'm sure almost none of them are aware there is any sort of collectors marker for this sort of thing, and the majority of Target employees would assume these are children ordering cheaply made plastic figures. It's an honest mistake and while I'm sure it's infuriating, it has only happened a very small minority of orders which is a little surprising especially with all the people ordering from Walmart, Target, and Amazon which pay employees nothing and have horrible working conditions in the warehouses.
Go buy a car from a dealership. Get a guy that doesn't care about his job to sell you the car. Now, allow him to hit the car a few tines with a bat. It's ok, as the car will still drive and get you around. It is only a little cosmetic damage.

When people spend money, they expect their new items to be in the best condition possible. If someone is so disgruntled with their job that they do it horribly, they need a new job.

Did I use an extreme example? Yes. When I buy anything, from just $.02 up to $1,000s I expect it to be treated correctly so that when it reaches me it is in the best condition it can possibly be in.

What I do with it once I spend my money on it is my business.

Damnnnnn really third world countries and shipping... Gees someone lie and say Marth is up on Gamestop for we can have something to actually care about Gees CAG people
Ness just went up on BBY and Target and I put in 3 orders from each site just to be safe. Not gonna post a link cause it most likely is OOS. Glad I got lucky and saw it though.

Because they are the only people that would take that shitty job. Imagine doing the same exact fucking thing for hours on end. Packing shit all day. Seriously. Think for a second. Who the fuck would do that if they had another choice?
There is the door to the land of opportunity, use it. You can always find something you enjoy.

When I had jobs I hated, I still treated everything like it was mine as the item belongs to someone else and they want the best looking item they can get.

Ness just went up on BBY and Target and I put in 3 orders from each site just to be safe. Not gonna post a link cause it most likely is OOS. Glad I got lucky and saw it though.
Ordered 37 of them. Think that's enough for a box? If they ship them in a garbage bag, I'm gonna be annoyed!

There is the door to the land of opportunity, use it. You can always find something you enjoy.

When I had jobs I hated, I still treated everything like it was mine as the item belongs to someone else and they want the best looking item they can get.
I think people are taking this issue too personally. Amiibos were always meant to be toys. They were designed to be cute game play pieces. WE turned them into "collectibles". Someone else already pointed it out, but I will second his point - I would bet most factory workers see these items as toys. Why is someone going to go to the trouble of protecting that thin piece of cardboard if they figure a kid is just going to rip it to pieces getting to the toy. That may not make it right. However, stop treating this like it's a personal attack. If this was some expensive item aimed at adults, I bet the packaging would be a whole lot different.

P.S. If we are going to be sad about anything in relation to amiibos, think of all the actual children who would love to be playing with these "figures" who cannot get them because we adults are snatching them online and lining up at the stores to hide them away - never to be played with. Sigh ... had a little Toy Story 2 flashback :cool: Hopefully at least the Super Mario Series will be more widespread so more actual children can get to them.

Your lives are too beautiful to get worked up over bent boxes. The packaging workers' lives are too beautiful to receive anger about bent boxes.

Now if you ordered them to resell, you deserve those bent boxes. Or, you should have gone to a store and bought them instead, or store pickup, etc. If you cared that much you will wait in line for a perfect box. Or buy one on ebay with a perfect box.

I think people are taking this issue too personally. Amiibos were always meant to be toys. They were designed to be cute game play pieces. WE turned them into "collectibles". Someone else already pointed it out, but I will second his point - I would bet most factory workers see these items as toys. Why is someone going to go to the trouble of protecting that thin piece of cardboard if they figure a kid is just going to rip it to pieces getting to the toy. That may not make it right. However, stop treating this like it's a personal attack. If this was some expensive item aimed at adults, I bet the packaging would be a whole lot different.

P.S. If we are going to be sad about anything in relation to amiibos, think of all the actual children who would love to be playing with these "figures" who cannot get them because we adults are snatching them online and lining up at the stores to hide them away - never to be played with. Sigh ... had a little Toy Story 2 flashback :cool: Hopefully at least the Super Mario Series will be more widespread so more actual children can get to them.
I understand what you are saying. I'm not taking it as a personal attack. The main thing is that nobody knows what someone does with their items, so treat them like they are your own and move on.

Ugh, so I'm guessing Wave 4 pre-orders start tonight? I guess I wont be sleeping.

Have to catch them on Gamestop and Amazon.
People have been guessing this every night for the last month though. Find a page alert script and set it to go off.

I haven't heard much about Amazon and pre-orders, how have they been?

I won't be preordering shit. Sorry, but I'm a collector, I want to buy my stuff in person, so I can choose the exact one I want, paint wise.

People have been guessing this every night for the last month though. Find a page alert script and set it to go off.

I haven't heard much about Amazon and pre-orders, how have they been?
Seem pretty reliable when you get in early enough. I just don't really trust Best Buy after Wave 2/3, and I'm totally tapped out after a month of amiibos, 2 New 3DS XL's, and a buttload of games, so somewhere without pre-auth charges is a heaven send.

Bestbuy has been pretty good for me so far, no cancellations as far as Amiibo is concerned.

They do put a big pick up order sticker on the back but they come right off ridiculously easy with no markings at all so no biggy. 

Plus I can use my GCU and save a couple bucks per amiibo.

I won't be preordering shit. Sorry, but I'm a collector, I want to buy my stuff in person, so I can choose the exact one I want, paint wise.
Good luck with that. More likely you will never see most of these in person to buy and will be at the mercy of a re-seller. A fool and their money and all.

Good luck with that. More likely you will never see most of these in person to buy and will be at the mercy of a re-seller. A fool and their money and all.
This. I have gotten all of mine via pre-order/shipping, and havent had paint issues with a single one.

And regardless, I'd rather have a tiny smudge on the figure, than no figure at all and having to pay 3x online.

This. I have gotten all of mine via pre-order/shipping, and havent had paint issues with a single one.

And regardless, I'd rather have a tiny smudge on the figure, than no figure at all and having to pay 3x online.
Exactly! So many people are complaining about paint smudges, small defects, etc. and here we are wishing we had that figure to add to our collection.

I can see some qualms with a few of the paint jobs but most of them are not that bad for a $12.99 MSRP item.

Seem pretty reliable when you get in early enough. I just don't really trust Best Buy after Wave 2/3, and I'm totally tapped out after a month of amiibos, 2 New 3DS XL's, and a buttload of games, so somewhere without pre-auth charges is a heaven send.
When I see news for wave 4 and I may have missed it, I am ok because I got lucky and pre-ordered from a site in the UK.

http://imgur.com/iMTfgpl

The first one has a delivery fee next to each one, but it is a single charge on the bill. The second one is a single one that was not available when I placed the original order. The exchange rate is about 1 pound to 1.5 dollars.

Kirby, I swear every time I looked at him I just put him back on the peg. I still wouldn't have him if I wasnt a purist.
Mines was this European Marth a couple of weeks ago the guy wanted lucario but I didn't want to get rid of mines so I met with a guy earlier that day traded him toon link and captain Falcon for his lucario then traded that one for marth

Cap and pit were my hardest to get in store so far.
Both involved good timing, web stock tracking and employee schmoozing.
But I have em.
All other hard to finds I got lucky on shipping/preorders/launch day releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back