Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went down to the Best Buy that had my Amiibo 3b preorders ready and I was shocked to find out they had them ready to go. Are you guys sure that in-store pickup sucks? This is the umpteenth time I've preordered for in-store pickup without an issue.
Not everyone has that problem. Some have employees who do not check if there are preorders that need to be set aside. Others do have employees who check if there are preorders. It really depends on how well the employees are trained.

So I went down on Friday to the Best Buy that had my Amiibo 3b preorders ready and I was shocked to find out they had them ready to go. Are you guys sure that in-store pickup sucks? This is the umpteenth time I've preordered for in-store pickup without an issue.
Yeah no issues with my 1 and only preorder pickup...I was sick for two days so I wasnt able to go to pickup my Meta Knight at BB until yesterday. Had no issues and one guy walked by and saw me checking out with it and said I should have called security to walk me out with it haha.

Yeah no issues with my 1 and only preorder pickup...I was sick for two days so I wasnt able to go to pickup my Meta Knight at BB until yesterday. Had no issues and one guy walked by and saw me checking out with it and said I should have called security to walk me out with it haha.
I walked out of Best Buy with an in store pickup of MK, Ike, MM and King DDD. The only other thing they got in stock for non preorders were 8 Mega Knights. People were eying me the whole way to the car.

I can't believe people are stalking Amazon.JP now for wave 4, there will be preorders in America, people... RELAX
I am relaxed now that I have my preorders in :)

But seriously for all of them with the exchange rate it's practically the same price to import them after shipping then buying here with the endless bs that goes on now with these. Then grab a couple of the rare US versions if possible and sell them to "collectors" who need their precious box, and wham you're collecting amiibos for almost free.

I've tried to limit my Amiibo purchases to Best Buy (GCU has spoiled me), but when I saw Mega Man was available for in-store pickup at my local Walmart I bit. I've given up on anything close to a complete collection, but he's one of the few I knew I wanted from day one. Fingers crossed Kind Dedede comes back in stock at some point. I like the cut of his gib.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but has anyone gotten Megaman from gamestop?  I'm still waiting on a text/call (only got a call about ike) and I'm scared of their pick up-in store late fee.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but has anyone gotten Megaman from gamestop? I'm still waiting on a text/call (only got a call about ike) and I'm scared of their pick up-in store late fee.
Wednesday, the shipment can arrive between now and Wednesday. Give them a call when they expect to receive their shipment in since its YMMV on wave3b.

Background on me: I'm 24. I work for a vending machine company, running inventory and stock 6 days a week, at nights. I also work part time at Vintage Stock/Movie Trading Company/V Stock (Basically a small Hastings) on weekends. And then, during the day, if I'm not dead tired, I'll answer my phone and substitute for the local public schools.

Well, today I woke up, drove to the school for a class, and now we are on lockdown and will be heading to the gymnasium due to Oklahoma turning into freaking WINTERFELL! I'm currently sending this from my phone while I'm in the restroom. I will not be able to use my phone once I leave. I swear, if Wave 4 pre-orders go live in the U.S., I will berserker rage through these doors and flip over a few cars.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but has anyone gotten Megaman from gamestop? I'm still waiting on a text/call (only got a call about ike) and I'm scared of their pick up-in store late fee.
My store never called me about MM, Sonic, Ike or D3. Im sorta believing they are going to sell the latter 2 and I'll get stuck with a "summer" release -_-

Glad I got my Mega Man order in before it went out of stock at Walmart. My order page is still optimistic that I will be able to pick it up after 2:55pm, but since I haven't gotten a "ready for pickup" email yet I'm not so sure.

Anyone in the Fremont, CA looking for a Shiek amiibo, I'll be returning the extra I have in the next couple of hours to the Target at the Hub. Just thought I'd give an FYI in case you want to get it or if you want to do a trade outside the store.

I just called GS and was informed that they have 15 pre-orders for Ike and are only getting 5-7 in. I will only get one of the three I pre-ordered if I get there for one of them. They could all be gone when I get there. After I pick up my pre-orders this week, I will not be pre-ordering anything else from GS again.

I should have bought Ikes from Target when I had the chance. It looks like my friends that these were for can get their own Ikes now.

Is it me or are stores extremely apathetic regarding any issues regarding Amiibo? I emailed BBY about my cancelled in store pick up email (after receiving an order is ready for pick up email the day before) and Target about the fucked up Sonics, and both were basically "sucks to be you, sorry... but buy from us again and we'll try not to fuck up".

I just got a phone call from game stop saying my king dedede, Ike, and sonic just arrived this morning.
Great... if they're here today, I won't be able to pick them up until Friday (if I'm lucky). I might get screwed on this.

Background on me: I'm 24. I work for a vending machine company, running inventory and stock 6 days a week, at nights. I also work part time at Vintage Stock/Movie Trading Company/V Stock (Basically a small Hastings) on weekends. And then, during the day, if I'm not dead tired, I'll answer my phone and substitute for the local public schools.

Well, today I woke up, drove to the school for a class, and now we are on lockdown and will be heading to the gymnasium due to Oklahoma turning into freaking WINTERFELL! I'm currently sending this from my phone while I'm in the restroom. I will not be able to use my phone once I leave. I swear, if Wave 4 pre-orders go live in the U.S., I will berserker rage through these doors and flip over a few cars.
Wow, craziness there. I'm not glued to the PC all day today (can't be), but if they go up on Amazon and I can, I'll try and pre-order 2 of each (1 for you and 1 for me) and you can pay me when they ship! Take care of yourself out there bud!

So people are having success getting replacements for bent packaging?  The two Meta Knights I ordered from Best Buy were both folded over like others have experienced.  I honestly got them with the intent of trading for wave 1 and 2 figures I missed out on but I know many of you don't want messed up packaging. :(

GameStop called me to let me know that my Ike will be there for in-store pickup on Wednesday. It was an automated voicemail that said that you can only buy one Ike, even if you ordered more than one ahead of time.

Dear Diary,

yours truly~~~,

MewlingQuim

Edit. Mobile phone double post.

I got a call while at work from an 800 number. No message.
I should assume this is gamestop telling me something?

If so, what was today's mass message?

I wonder what the shit happened with this wave. Even NW only got 1 full shipment of all the amiibos, seems that's pretty much the case for all the retailers too.

Yeah wave 3 is terrible. Besides Bowser and Toon Link, I haven't seen squat on the shelves anywhere. If it wasn't for my pre-orders I'd swear wave 3 didn't even exist.

Hasn't that been the case for all the waves though?
The longshoreman contracts expired June 30 of last year so I wouldn't be surprised this has caused problems for Nintendo the last few months. My company ships ware from Taiwan/China and this dispute and subsequent strike has been rough on us. I know Nintendo probably under-produced and it's not like we're going to see a sudden inflow of amiibo and 3DS bundles but if Iwata is saying it impacted them I'm not going to doubt it.

That's what I thought too. I received some flak for saying as much and I know they're not going to suddenly flood in but it does explain a lot of the confusion and frantic preorders.

Btw am I the only one that needs a meta knight for use with Rainbow Curse? Still no luck on this guy at all, very sad indeed :(

Anyone have any luck at Best Buy today on re-stocks?
i saw 3 fox's that they brought out from the back. They were all beat to shit and i was gonna switch the one that came from them in the mail a few weeks back but mine was in better shape compared to these!

I'm just hoping now that the strike is over Waves will actually be shipped/stocked in full and released all on the same day, unlike Wave 3 which was split into about 7 different shipments, way too erratic.

Being 26/29 is driving me nuts.  I need US versions of Villager, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer.  I have an EU Marth, and might break down and get EU versions of the others just to have a set.  But it's not a complete set yet.  The prices on Villager are out of control.  I have so much trade bait, basically everything from wave 2-3 except Little Mac. 

That's what I thought too. I received some flak for saying as much and I know they're not going to suddenly flood in but it does explain a lot of the confusion and frantic preorders.

Btw am I the only one that needs a meta knight for use with Rainbow Curse? Still no luck on this guy at all, very sad indeed :(
That's bc he was a best buy exclusive and nigh impossible to find anymore, right? Isn't tbat how this works? MTV, pit, Shulk, etc are all gone before they but shelves pretty much. It's ridiculous

I'm just hoping now that the strike is over Waves will actually be shipped/stocked in full and released all on the same day, unlike Wave 3 which was split into about 7 different shipments, way too erratic.
I agree... I would love to see a flood of wave 2 and 3 just popup everywhere. Definitely wishful thinking on my part.

I agree... I would love to see a flood of wave 2 and 3 just popup everywhere. Definitely wishful thinking on my part.
I'm personally hoping that at least the exclusives get released to all retailers in the future, that way their only timed exclusives and could maybe come back in future waves.

Nope. I wanted mk for rainbow curse too. I purchased mk and kirby rainbow curse on Friday. No luck on King ddd.

The problem is from what I've read the strike set them back like two freaking months, so it will probably still be quite awhile before they finish clearing up that huge mess of containers at the docks.

Makes me wonder if we will still see strike-like conditions just due to the huge backlog, or if they'll maybe prioritize new shipments.

The problem is from what I've read the strike set them back like two freaking months, so it will probably still be quite awhile before they finish clearing up that huge mess of containers at the docks.

Makes me wonder if we will still see strike-like conditions just due to the huge backlog, or if they'll maybe prioritize new shipments.
I know that GameStop is expecting at least Ike & more Shulk in the beginning of May, which I suspect may end up being Wave 4's release window, so hopefully May is when the mess will start to seem less messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back