Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I'll refresh the page every so often, but I'm not going to obsess over Gold Mario. I'm much more obsessive over Wave 4, especially Lucina and Ness.
I'm sure this is posted somewhere earlier in the thread but I'm really not at liberty to dig around and I haven't been able to find the actual product page on Walmart.com or by googling. Can anyone link me?

Edit: Got it from Amiibo Inquirer's twitter (thanks!) - walmart.com/ip/43814229

yea but some people did multiple orders it was a limit per order not account as some people here said they placed multiple orders for 2 in each order so that why it sold out fast
i'm assuming that walmart will cancel multiple orders or ban people trying to order over the limit, so good luck to those that did it if they want to risk getting their account banned.

You are out of your fucking mind. This is a Walmart exclusive... There will be a fuck-ton of these figures sent to 3000+ stores.

That's the funniest shit I have heard all day..... thanks for the laugh!
keep in mind the more walmart stores there are the harder it will be to get. More stores = less amiibos per store = probably 2-3 per store at launch.

In fairness, If I put one on eBay, I start it at 99 cents and let the market determine the price.
This. People like to think scalpers / resellers determine the market but most items are put up for bidding. It's people who bid who put value on an item based on what they are willing to pay for it. That's when you see BIN once an item value is determined. Any BIN item now is just people being hopeful but they don't know the market value yet.

You sure? My friend is down to come with me that's why if I can get the 3 I want alone I won't ask him to come. If not he's gonna get one for me too.
You can call to make sure but every single amiibo thing like this has been one each, including the massive Wave 2+3 restock where everyone walked out with 12 amiibos

God, after seeing those ebay listings I think I'm done with Amiibos. I really like them, but the sheer amount of hours having to be spent checking web sites is sickening. Not to mention the fact that if I want any of the ones I'm missing I get to give somebody anywhere from 45-100 dollars for a $13 toy since Nintendo did no research on how these were going to sell.
It's part of the major attraction of collecting though I'm only getting ones I want.

You realize that you having a run of the mill job and paying extra for amiibo's is little difference than me being my own boss and buying amiibos to sell and make the same if not more than you do. (don't jump on me for that, I don't normally sell amiibo's)

Why do you assume majority of resellers camp out. Like most (everyone, not just resellers), people just pre-order it. Even at that, I rather camp out for 2 hours and make $100 than work all day to make the same. But than again, I don't have enough pride to care if I'm camping out to make money.
I am in full agreement with everything you posted here. We're on the same page. That's an addendum to what i was trying to say.

Some people flip. Some people have noble jobs and work hard. A lot of us do a little of both. It's all the same really. However you choose to spend your time you can afford to find amiibos one way or another. TBH, I'm really surprised that comment came off so inflammatory to a couple of people.

Yeah nintendo world totally fucked over gamestop by receiving what's most likely a hundred of each
Just like hot gamestop effed over bestbuy with the mm3ds. Its a dog eat dog world. I was able to secure the gold mario amiibo. I will try a normal amiibo to see if amiibo party is worth it. If not I will gladly sell my sealed gold amiibo to someone on here for msrp plus shipping. (Shipping = 100 dollars here in antartica.)

I guess I was in the right place at the right time today. Woke up later than usual and skipped my first class. Saw the pre-order from Nintendo's Twitter and ordered then went to me next class. Damn, I really got lucky on this one. 

You are out of your fucking mind. This is a Walmart exclusive... There will be a fuck-ton of these figures sent to 3000+ stores.

That's the funniest shit I have heard all day..... thanks for the laugh!
Rosalina would probably be the best one to start the comparison with. Target is big like Walmart and did not open preorders online for any reasonable amount of time. They're both not preorder driven like Gamestop or Amazon. So even though there will be large quantities of the Gold Mario in stores on launch day, my biggest fear for CAG is that the demand of these has just absolutely snowballed. These are my in-store experiences by wave

Wave 1: Marth - I picked up a pair of Marths on launch day at TRU 3 hours after the store opened. I had to wait until I had a lunch break at work. I was able to get Marth with a couple to spare on the single peg they had when I bought my two.

Wave 2: Little Mac - I picked up an extra that my local GS received 1 hour after the store opened. Luckily, I just happened to be off that day.

Wave 3 exclusives in order: Shulk - I preordered ahead of time. Lucario - I had waited in line 30 minutes before store opening and was one of the last few guys that was able to claim the available stock which was basically sold out before the store opened. Rosalina - I waited 1 hour in line before store opening and was able to claim one as the last of available stock sold out within the first hour. Meta Knight - I preordered ahead of time but by most cag accounts, people needed to wait in line 2-3 hours before store opening to ensure they had one.

My point is the demand is just getting bigger as more of these are released. Hell, cags are resorting to preordering wave 4 from sites that are charging import fees now - before the NA preorder windows are even opened. With how bad Walmart is with their amiibo displays, I totally foresee the Gold Mario launch to become an absolute disaster. Anything differently, I'll genuinely be surprised.

The aggressive nature a lot of users in this thread have is kind of scary. World War 3 won't be caused by politics or religion, it's going to be caused by Amiibo.

The aggressive nature a lot of users in this thread have is kind of scary. World War 3 won't be caused by politics or religion, it's going to be caused by Amiibo.
Silver Mario being an Nintendo World Exclusive will ignite the flames and Wave 4 pre orders only lasting like 20 minutes tops will be the climax.

This. People like to think scalpers / resellers determine the market but most items are put up for bidding. It's people who bid who put value on an item based on what they are willing to pay for it. That's when you see BIN once an item value is determined. Any BIN item now is just people being hopeful but they don't know the market value yet.
I also block buyers who don't have a Paypal account. This prevents people from creating an eBay account just to troll bid and not pay.

Nintendo World has every Amiibo, including retailer exclusives from what I've heard. I'm sure you could probably find a gold/silver Mario there but I don't think anything will ever be exclusive. It's too remote of a location.

What if retailers decide to go the way of Skylanders for the rest of the amiibo waves and not even list them online until the stock has settled down?  That's what it's starting to seem like to me with the lack of wave 4 pre-orders.

I'd certainly have a better chance at getting them that way, I ain't skeered of the potential crowds.  I never missed out on a Skylander release date, but these amiibo have been killer.  :wall:

I don't think it's realistic to think that they'll limit any amiibo to in-store only.  Seems like bad business to ship them all out to stores when they can skip the middle man and freight costs, and just pass those off to customers that order online.

Nintendo World has every Amiibo, including retailer exclusives from what I've heard. I'm sure you could probably find a gold/silver Mario there but I don't think anything will ever be exclusive. It's too remote of a location.
Hyrule Warriors limited and Mario Kart 8 limited edition say otherwise , remote location?we talking about the same place?its in the heart of Rockefeller Plaza , you would be hard pressed to not see that place crowded to the brim.

Mario Kart 8 LE and Hyrule Warriors LE were both exclusive to NWS, only 300-500 of each were produced. No reason that couldn't happen with Silver Mario.

Hyrule Warriors limited and Mario Kart 8 limited edition say otherwise , remote location?we talking about the same place?its in the heart of Rockefeller Plaza , you would be hard pressed to not see that place crowded to the brim.
But it is remote, from 97% of the country who don't live near NY. I think that's what he is getting at. I do however agree that history with limited editions from Nintendo last year does not rule out the possibility of the silver one being a NW exclusive. It's could go either way. Most likely it will be an eBay exclusive....like the gold one. ;P

The Hyrule Warriors exclusive was limited to just the store. They could easily do the same with an amiibo.

Just like hot gamestop effed over bestbuy with the mm3ds. Its a dog eat dog world. I was able to secure the gold mario amiibo. I will try a normal amiibo to see if amiibo party is worth it. If not I will gladly sell my sealed gold amiibo to someone on here for msrp plus shipping. (Shipping = 100 dollars here in antartica.)
What if we offer to pick up in person?? ;) Or ship it on our own account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back