Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate and love you, CAG. I had no interest in amiibo's when they were first released and announced, but now like pokemon "Gotta catch them all". Love them more as toys than thr amibo gimmicks TBH. My nephews play with the opened ones :p. I'm now have 12 amiibo's in my possession, including the holy trinity, but don'y know why its gettig worse to even get a pre-order down. I now just want King Dedede,Pit, Ike and Sonic anf then I'll probably stop collecting amiibo's

I mean even by amiibo standards he looks bad... Most of the cartoony amiibo look pretty good, which ness would fall under. If that's an actual production unit then he'll be one of the worst looking amiibo IMO.
He's got two black ovals for eyes, a tiny bump for a nose, and a line for a mouth. What exactly are you looking for?

I hate and love you, CAG. I had no interest in amiibo's when they were first released and announced, but now like pokemon "Gotta catch them all". Love them more as toys than thr amibo gimmicks TBH. My nephews play with the opened ones :p. I'm now have 12 amiibo's in my possession, including the holy trinity, but don'y know why its gettig worse to even get a pre-order down. I now just want King Dedede,Pit, Ike and Sonic anf then I'll probably stop collecting amiibo's
Ha I feel ya there so much. I too am still looking out for an elusive King, and Pit because he looks awesome. Don't know if I'll end up going for all of Smash (or if it's feasible) but we shall see how bad the race gets.

He's got two black ovals for eyes, a tiny bump for a nose, and a line for a mouth. What exactly are you looking for?
The eyes look off and the head is turned too much... The head just looks altogether sloppy to me.

I'm not saying I'm right, just pointing out that even with the simplicity of his design that it just looks off.

Although I also heard that BB employees don't get commission, there's a system of rewards that they can qualify based on certain metrics (incl. sales of some items). Perhaps a BB employee can share more if they're allowed to discuss it.

With people saying Ness is the next Villager, I must say that I was completely surprised at Villager being so rare considering that Animal Crossing is actually a pretty big franchise for Nintendo and the Amiibo looks like a kid that I'm sure younger kids would gravitate towards.

Huh, wonder what he meant then. Most salesmen do at least, but doesn't surprise me that a chain store might not. But hey, waitresses make less and are expected to get tips so I thought it was possible.

That's what I'll probably end up doing, take it back when I go to pick up my remaining commons (and get a sweeeeet discount.)
if anything, they may be having a store competition for GCU signups. ive heard of stores (mainly target and red card sign ups) giving away monthly prizes for the person that gets the most people to sign up for certain promos.

A big difference is that Nintendo isn't oversaturating the market yet.  Beanie babies would come out in bigger bunches.  The amiibo waves are more manageable.

Also, with amiibo lines, there's a definite end. You only have so many characters in smash bros for instance. So unless Nintendo releases DLC characters they can't just make up new figures. They can release different figure lines, but that's not the same.
Ty had other plush lines that were not benie babies, though none as successful. The hyped died because they just kept creating new ones for years and overwhelmed the market.

A big difference is that Nintendo isn't oversaturating the market yet.  Beanie babies would come out in bigger bunches.  The amiibo waves are more manageable.

"The thing I remember so much about Amiibo in the beginning was how they just made people feel so happy, and so warm and fuzzy. Then it just became greed. And it got really dark."

Best Buy employees don't get commission.. But if you feel bad go to another best buy and buy another Pikachu and return the busted one. The guy will not know. You could buy it anywhere I suppose, it doesn't have to be best buy since you will just be getting a refund anyways.
Definitely no commission at Best buy, but they do have sales goals and are expected to perform at a certain level.

Definitely no commission at Best buy, but they do have sales goals and are expected to perform at a certain level.
I just left best buy. I was looking for a new headset for my ps4. They had mega man, I grabbed two and went and checked out the headsets since my current one has some malfunctions. Jr. Officer Amiibo CSR came up to me and was upset I had two amiibos and said only one per customer (no store has ever limited in this area before, including this one). I said no problem. I then asked which headset should I get? He didn't know. I responded "oh, I figured you would know since you were in this section". He was clearly embarrassed that he just screwed up a sale.

I bought a $299 headset with the protection plan, two ink cartridges, and the amiibo. At the front desk. No credit for him.

Fail.

Huh, wonder what he meant then. Most salesmen do at least, but doesn't surprise me that a chain store might not. But hey, waitresses make less and are expected to get tips so I thought it was possible.

That's what I'll probably end up doing, take it back when I go to pick up my remaining commons (and get a sweeeeet discount.)
Bestbuy employees dont make commission but their sales are tracked as performance measures. I don't know the details but that's what was explained to me

I don't think anyone will be horribly interested, but I posted a few days ago about the Gamestop I preordered from selling my Ike to someone else; I guess my complaining to corporate/leaving a bad survey worked, because the manager called me not even a day later and offered me a $25 gift card for the problem. I'm still stuck waiting for another few months (which isn't great, obviously), but it was a very nice gesture.

Now if I just had anything I wanted to buy from Gamestop. I don't think I'll be using ship to store any more (or visiting that location ever again - sorry, awesome manager). Still, it's much better than what Best Buy did for me when they screwed up my MM 3DS.

I don't think anyone will be horribly interested, but I posted a few days ago about the Gamestop I preordered from selling my Ike to someone else; I guess my complaining to corporate/leaving a bad survey worked, because the manager called me not even a day later and offered me a $25 gift card for the problem. I'm still stuck waiting for another few months (which isn't great, obviously), but it was a very nice gesture.

Now if I just had anything I wanted to buy from Gamestop. I don't think I'll be using ship to store any more (or visiting that location ever again - sorry, awesome manager). Still, it's much better than what Best Buy did for me when they screwed up my MM 3DS.
I'm curious where exactly you complained as their CS over phone / chat is terrible. In store?

I'm curious where exactly you complained as their CS over phone / chat is terrible. In store?
I used the online chat (waited forever for that one, but they seemed nice enough and said they'd pass along my complaint) and used a link someone posted that allowed me to give feedback for a store without actually needing to go in and buy something. I'm not sure which one of those worked, if either, or if the employee in the store told the manager about my predicament. I'm assuming it's one of the former since he seemed so eager to help out.

Edit: it was slowdive who posted it for me: https://gamestopcomments.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1

It's interesting, the amiibo prices on ebay seem to be dropping quite a bit. Gold Mario notwithstanding of course.
Because there isn't as much of a supply problem as people would like to think. There are tons of most amiibos out there except about five of them. The pricing on even the store exclusives is stagnant because most people have them.

Finally saw Sheik and Toon Link in store for the first time at Best Buy. Wasn't really impressed with either so I passed them up. Pretty sure I'm done for wave 3, just waiting for wave 4 to roll along.

On the flip side, my Majora's Mask Limited Edition bundle came without the game (the fark?!), so I chatted with GameStop online and low and behold, got a brand new Limited Edition game bundle in the mail. Impressed!

The other thing that I think is happening is people who bought doubles (or more) to trade saw the high prices on eBay and decided to sell instead of holding extras for future trades. More supply thus dropped the prices a bit.

Edit: I'm also holding a few for future trades in case I can't get Wave 4. We'll see if that was a smart strategy or if I should have instead scalped the 2 or 3 figures I have and used the money for Wave 4 trouble spots.

Didn't Best Buy give you a $50 gift card for that? How is this better? Seems about on par.

Finally saw Sheik and Toon Link in store for the first time at Best Buy. Wasn't really impressed with either so I passed them up. Pretty sure I'm done for wave 3, just waiting for wave 4 to roll along.

On the flip side, my Majora's Mask Limited Edition bundle came without the game (the fark?!), so I chatted with GameStop online and low and behold, got a brand new Limited Edition game bundle in the mail. Impressed!
Edit: My misunderstanding haha

Dude I don't know if you're joking, but the Majora's Mask Special Edition New 3DS doesn't come with the game. It was advertised that way since the beginning. You just successfully scammed Game$top out of a game bundle!
I think he means the game bundle that was online for 2 minutes that had the game and console.

Dude w the $0.02 guides: were they advertised as such? Was that a glitch?
My TRUs have guides but I never gave them a second thought. But for .02 I'll buy all of em for $1 if that's a company wide sale.

Dude I don't know if you're joking, but the Majora's Mask Special Edition New 3DS doesn't come with the game. It was advertised that way since the beginning. You just successfully scammed Game$top out of a game bundle!
Sorry, I meant the game bundle with Skull Kid. I didn't get the 3DS, wasn't crazy about the design, and hoping for a Fire Emblem one later on.

My TRUs have guides but I never gave them a second thought. But for .02 I'll buy all of em for $1 if that's a company wide sale.
Yes they were! They each had price tags of 2¢ each on the shelves and scanned as such! They had several Battlefield 4 and Halo 4 guides but I got the last of the other three. Plus I would have bought them all....but they all got WAYYYY too heavy haha

Once they hit that price we're to remove and destroy them. I cry for every single guide destroyed.

Found Ike and Dedede in store tonight. Done with Wave 3. *tips hat and waits on Wave 4 preorders so he doesn't have to hunt again*

I'm glad you got hooked up and actually took the initiative to have them compensate you. It honestly blows my mind how many people get shafted and instead of reporting it through the appropriate channels, they moan and groan on this forum or other threads. The reality is.... if you are willing to report and follow up with the failures at retail, you can be compensated nicely. Especially with gamestop, if you aren't getting help from store managers, contact the district manager. If that leads you nowhere, contact to corporate and I assure the higher you go the higher the reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back