Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Target Inventory from BrickSeek

[attachment=12712:Capture4.PNG]

[attachment=12713:Capture5.PNG]

[attachment=12714:Capture6.PNG]

[attachment=12715:Capture7.PNG]

[attachment=12716:Capture9.PNG]

Any good guesses on where the Silver Mario is going to pop up? I would have loved a Silver Luigi instead of ANOTHER Mario...

Does anyone know when the amiibo cards come out. I think im the only one who buys amiibo for some of the in game content id rather have it in card form. Hoping amiibo cards come out soon so I dont have to buy the fire emblem characters for codename steam

Does anyone know when the amiibo cards come out. I think im the only one who buys amiibo for some of the in game content id rather have it in card form. Hoping amiibo cards come out soon so I dont have to buy the fire emblem characters for codename steam
No, I'll buy the Amiibo cards for 3DS gaming purposes and wish NoA would announce a release for them very soon.

Any good guesses on where the Silver Mario is going to pop up? I would have loved a Silver Luigi instead of ANOTHER Mario...
I've actually been wondering the same thing and have thought of a few scenarios for the Silver Mario:

A) Club Nintendo (I know they've already said what platinum members are getting but they could add this too at the last minute, I mean, this is Nintendo we're talking about)
B) Nintendo World Store exclusive (I really hope not, but I'd say this seems to be the front runner. Remember Hyrule Warriors Collectors Edition?)
C) Amazon Exclusive (Doesn't seem likely as Nintendo hasn't had the best relationship with Amazon in the past but that is changing and it's possible)
D) New Wii U Bundle with Mario Party 10 and Silver Mario (It's about time Nintendo releases a new Wii U Bundle, this is what I am hoping for)
E) E3 exclusive
F) Future Shop exclusive since Cananda got hosed on Rosalina
G) Initial Perk for whatever new Loyalty Program Nintendo replaces Club Nintendo with.

Many of these are long shots for sure, but as I said before this IS Nintendo and they make a lot of head scratching decisions.

I've actually been wondering the same thing and have thought of a few scenarios for the Silver Mario:

A) Club Nintendo (I know they've already said what platinum members are getting but they could add this too at the last minute, I mean, this is Nintendo we're talking about)
B) Nintendo World Store exclusive (I really hope not, but I'd say this seems to be the front runner. Remember Hyrule Warriors Collectors Edition?)
C) Amazon Exclusive (Doesn't seem likely as Nintendo hasn't had the best relationship with Amazon in the past but that is changing and it's possible)
D) New Wii U Bundle with Mario Party 10 and Silver Mario (It's about time Nintendo releases a new Wii U Bundle, this is what I am hoping for)
E) E3 exclusive
G) Initial Perk for whatever new Loyalty Program Nintendo replaces Club Nintendo with.

Many of these are long shots for sure, but as I said before this IS Nintendo and they make a lot of head scratching decisions.

I really hope it's not B, but I guess if it is, I can beg for a trade with somebody who lives in NYC.

Um, no.

Creating a new Wii U bundle with a Silver Mario exclusive amiibo would be the worst possible thing Nintendo could do. Shame on you for even mentioning such a thing.

I sure hope it's still on topic to post mail arrivals and boxes. I got my Mega Man in, and leave it to Amazon to deviler it in a nice and packed manner :). Hope everyone else's arrivals are in great packaging too![attachment=12717:image.jpg]

E) E3 exclusive

I hope it's an E3 exclusive. I could actually get it, if so. Would suck for everyone who isn't in the game industry, though. I'd guess an E3 exclusive amiibo would probably hit $100-$150 online pretty quickly.

Has anyone seen an Ike or Dedede in the wild at any other retailer besides Meijer?  This has actually been the first I heard of people seeing these two in the wild.  The rest were website orders or presells.

Has anyone seen an Ike or Dedede in the wild at any other retailer besides Meijer? This has actually been the first I heard of people seeing these two in the wild. The rest were website orders or presells.
So far these are the only ones I've heard of being found in the wild as well

Take it with a grain of salt (salt jokes aside), rumour mill is running rampant...

"Potential preorder for Silver Mario today at Gamestop?

Wanna hear something fun?

Went to gamestop on a whim today while out getting cosplay supplies. They had gotten in about 30 megaman's, 20 bowsers and had 2 sonic's left. Picked up a sonic and megaman and the guy behind the counter said that, "I may want to stop in early tomorrow, there's a new amiibo sku in their systems thats slated to release tomorrow".
So have fun with that."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xkd72/potential_preorder_for_silver_mario_today_at/

I struck out at 2 Meijer stores. First one the lady was really nice discussing when they get trucks, how fast they sell out and what the best time is to try and score some. Second store had some fat neckbeard guy who said they never got any in and trying to convince me that they don't get them on the trucks. (I'm convinced he was hoarding for himself...)

Has anyone seen an Ike or Dedede in the wild at any other retailer besides Meijer? This has actually been the first I heard of people seeing these two in the wild. The rest were website orders or presells.
actually I believe fye had them on pegs on release day to but they went fast

Take it with a grain of salt (salt jokes aside), rumour mill is running rampant...

"Potential preorder for Silver Mario today at Gamestop?

Wanna hear something fun?

Went to gamestop on a whim today while out getting cosplay supplies. They had gotten in about 30 megaman's, 20 bowsers and had 2 sonic's left. Picked up a sonic and megaman and the guy behind the counter said that, "I may want to stop in early tomorrow, there's a new amiibo sku in their systems thats slated to release tomorrow".
So have fun with that."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2xkd72/potential_preorder_for_silver_mario_today_at/
Total bullshit from a single GS employee. Why does anyone fall for this nonsense?

Um, no.

Creating a new Wii U bundle with a Silver Mario exclusive amiibo would be the worst possible thing Nintendo could do. Shame on you for even mentioning such a thing.
You should really think before you reply. Who exactly would it be bad for? Nintendo? Not likely, it would drive sales for the Wii U from Amiibo collectors AND/OR introduce Amiibos to those who haven't bought in yet driving more Amiibo sales. So again, why would this be "the worst possible thing Nintendo could do"?

I struck out at 2 Meijer stores. First one the lady was really nice discussing when they get trucks, how fast they sell out and what the best time is to try and score some. Second store had some fat neckbeard guy who said they never got any in and trying to convince me that they don't get them on the trucks. (I'm convinced he was hoarding for himself...)
lol, that second store story was funny, yeah he was obviously lieing, so asshole how else do they come into the store? Yea he def has all the rares in the back room.

The sad part is you are not exaggerating with that age range.
Before Amiibo's launched, it was an actual useful sub reddit. Then the real pics came in and the kids started complaining that mass produced figures didn't look like hand crafted prototypes. After that...it was all over. Now its "huge grain of salt", "scalpers cleared out this store (even though they have no proof, the store is just empty so it has to be scalpers", "I bought 5 Sonics, NOT A SCALPER, but want to trade" and "look at my shitty custom" posts. There are so many shitty customs. We get it, you can paint Yoshi purple and call him the Purple Yoshi. Wow, amazing.

Silver/Gold Mario...meh. It's a repaint. Regardless of how many Nintendo makes or who gets them...it doesn't matter. The basic Mario will be available and function exactly the same (as far as we know). It's like these people never bought toys in the 90s (which clearly many of them were not even born). This was all common. Chasing down KB Toys employee's to try and find the Boba Fett with half a moon on his hand etc.

You should really think before you reply. Who exactly would it be bad for? Nintendo? Not likely, it would drive sales for the Wii U from Amiibo collectors AND/OR introduce Amiibos to those who haven't bought in yet driving more Amiibo sales. So again, why would this be "the worst possible thing Nintendo could do"?
Who is it bad for? Seriously, guy? Maybe you should think before you reply.

It'd be a slap in the face to all the collectors that collect these things. You'd then essentially be locking one behind a $300 paywall. Most people aren't going to go for something like that and I would imagine that would upset quite a lot of people(myself included).

I highly doubt a single amiibo is going to drive sales anymore than amiibo already do in general, especially in Nintendo's eyes. Remember, to them they still think the main selling point of these things is the functionality - which is why they've been talking about moving to a card format. To Nintendo, people are using these things, not keeping them sealed and hoarding them in a closet. Also, with how limited these things are how many bundles would they possibly have? A few thousand? That's not nearly enough to be doing them any favors.

Besides, if they went that route the whole thing could backfire and a lot of people could just give up on them entirely. It's just not a good idea to do something like that to your fans.

Before Amiibo's launched, it was an actual useful sub reddit. Then the real pics came in and the kids started complaining that mass produced figures didn't look like hand crafted prototypes. After that...it was all over. Now its "huge grain of salt", "scalpers cleared out this store (even though they have no proof, the store is just empty so it has to be scalpers", "I bought 5 Sonics, NOT A SCALPER, but want to trade" and "look at my shitty custom" posts. There are so many shitty customs. We get it, you can paint Yoshi purple and call him the Purple Yoshi. Wow, amazing.
Don't forget all the effortless "customs" where they just hot glue another figure to an amiibo base.

Taking anything from that Reddit subform is with a huge grain of salt. They are mostly 12 years old.
Lol I remember seeing a thread on there that was some kid complaining about how hard it is to amiibo hunt when you can't drive and your parents only let you get one toy from the store

funny thing is it was a post on reddit that quoted a post on neogaf. Purple monkey dishwasher.
I trust NeoGAF slightly more than reddit, which means I don't trust it at all either.

Oh god, this. The best are the questions asked on a daily basis because these kids can't be bothered to do a search, nor can they find it out for themselves. They just want it hand fed.

I found a way to make it tolerable though, but I'm currently giving it a test run to make sure I don't miss anything. So far, it's been spot on.

Get Reddit Enhancement Suite, a browser add-on. Go into the Filter settings and set it block domains of self.amiibo, imgur.com and i.imgur.com. This will be 95% of the posts on the sub, which means it blocks 95% of the pure drivel these kids produce while letting the retailer links come through.

There are two rubs, I've found. First, it won't filter any other other drivel not posted to those three 'domains' so you get youtube links, other image hosts, facebook images, Tumblr garbage, etc. However, over 12 hours, that's been 9 links out of 100. Manageable and look, my headache went away. You can always add as you go, but these three will nuke a majority.

The other potential problem is if a nitwit posts a self.amiibo post with a retailer link inside. However, the nature of reddit works against this, as these kids will want karma for what will be a popular post so they go the link route. In that 12 hours, it caught Toad coming back up on Target. Going back in time, it catches all 5 incidences of Gold Mario on Target, fwiw.

Try at your own risk of missing wave 4 preorders but man, it sure helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back