Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they give more details on the "cards" soon.  The temptation to open some of the amiibos and unlock content in MK8 and Hyrule Warriors is strong...

I've also considered cutting small holes in the bottom of the pack to remove the metal thing blocking the NFC.  Wonder if that'd work.  They'd still look great on shelf/look sealed, but can be "played" with...

Opening the Amiibos in my case is pointless. There's only 1 game save. So it rewrites and loses all content every time you switch games. I'll just save them mint in box.

Marth is getting a reprint in the near future... don't feed the assholes please...
Rumour is that the Marth restock might have different packegging from its original release even something as slight as showing 2015 on the back of the box is enough to devalue it.

I'm assuming the only people paying this high roller prices for U.S. Marth care about the box more over everything and are more willing to purchase the original.

Rumour is that the Marth restock might have different packegging from its original release even something as slight as showing 2015 on the back of the box is enough to devalue it.

I'm assuming the only people paying this high roller prices for U.S. Marth care about the box more over everything and are more willing to purchase the original.
You say that, and for a lot of collectibles this is true. But not for Amiibos. On Amazon Villager is going for $80, and that's not even the US version. If it becomes rare enough, regardless of packaging, the value will remain.

Opening the Amiibos in my case is pointless. There's only 1 game save. So it rewrites and loses all content every time you switch games. I'll just save them mint in box.
There's only one game right now that actually uses the save data(Smash), every other game is a simple scan and unlock process.

So, you don't have to worry about that for the foreseeable future since there aren't any games announced at the moment that will use any save data.

You say that, and for a lot of collectibles this is true. But not for Amiibos. On Amazon Villager is going for $80, and that's not even the US version. If it becomes rare enough, regardless of packaging, the value will remain.
Truth , assuming he wants maximum value for his Marth and assuming this restock will even have different packeging , The original U.S. Marth will reign supreme under those circumstances.

Yeah, I honestly do believe people will put that much thought into the box , I mean im still baffled at how cheaper some of the EU Rares go for despite having IMO superior box That plus 6 on the front of the box and that 2014 trademark on the back of the box will probably make him worth even more.

I'm in a similar boat. Just need Marth. I've been watching a few auctions and looks like European ones are ending at around $45 dlvd, which I can swallow for 1 amiibo as long as I know I'm getting it mint.
Marth's price has come down quite a bit. I'd just keep waiting, since Nintendo said they're gonna reprint him.

Marth is getting a reprint in the near future... don't feed the assholes please...

"near future" could be a long time..

There's only one game right now that actually uses the save data(Smash), every other game is a simple scan and unlock process.
So, you don't have to worry about that for the foreseeable future since there aren't any games announced at the moment that will use any save data.
Mario party uses the save feature, for whatever stupid scam Nintendo reason.

Just watched some videos on how to train an Amiibo in Smash Bros. That's pretty cool. Too bad you can't take it online XD

I get way more joy out of opening up every single one of my amiibos and displaying them in my room than I would out of those $900
Money comes and goes, my amiibos stay with me.
I certainly enjoy having them out and "playing" with them

It's a zero feedback bidder... way too many of those on eBay these days. I wouldn't wanna risk such a large sale on eBay.
Yea. That's not insane. That is someone who put a stupid sticker price on their amiibos and someone said yea, that is stupid, here's a bid that I won't pay.

Isn't there a way to block bidders with zero feedback?
No.

Not saying it is worth it, but buried in his description he mentions he has wave 4 on pre-order at FYE and if he gets them he will ship those for free.

well the retail price for all those figures are $400+ so double the retail price isn't that insane, especially because marth, villager and wii fit can go for 100+ on their own.

The guy states that the figure is still sealed but technically it's not. It's a tampered package. Just open the damn thing, life will go on.
you can't tell it was tampered with though, so it basically the same as sealed.

What could make you think it would not be?

Dracula would throw his wine glass down at such foolish questions.

Josh5890, on 01 Mar 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:Josh5890, on 01 Mar 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-29-AMIIBO-COMPLETE-USA-LOT-NEXT-SET-L-K-MARTH-VILLAGER-IKE-MEGAMAN-/261790139201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf3e88341

Anyone thinking twice about holding on to their collection now? That is insane
Takes $400+ to get all of those to begin with and that's at MSRP for each. The headache just isn't worth it with the retailer cancelling/delaying BS. Ebay will take around $120 of that $900 so you down to $400 profit. I mean it takes WORK to accumulate a complete collection in imo is priceless. Scalping a few MM LE N3DS is much easier. =P

it's been "preorders up tomorrow" for the last month. I don't believe it. 

I haven't been able to sleep at night though, constantly waking up and checking my phone

The Chase Never Stops~

http://youtu.be/iQ7hdZZw7aE

marshmallow power, double me luck

How many times was gold mario in stock?  I thought it was 4 times total, 3 times on Thursday and once on Friday.

I haven't been able to sleep at night though, constantly waking up and checking my phone
Haha same here, I feel pathetic for it, but I'm not even that into amiibos, I just can't miss Lucina/Robin, and I may try to get Ness for a pre-emptive purchase for a birthday gift.

The only thing I can think of a reason why is that the fiscal year will be ending soon, the end of March to be exact but that's a whole month window.

Besides that last post, there is nothing going on in the last two days. I hate having to check and read the countless useless post this thread has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back