Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my Sonic from Gamestop in the mail. Damaged. They put it in a box 6 times its size with an 2 huge air bags and somehow the plastic gets pushed in. -_-

Damn, is a Gold Mario that serious?  Glad I went ahead and ordered 2 instead of 1.  I'll be at Walmart first thing too.  Hopefully my store sorts out how and when exactly they're going to sell them.  Most of the Walmarts in my area are 24 hours but there is one open 6am-12am which might be easier to deal with.

I have a yoshi that I will sell at cost plus shipping: $14.50 total within the US. Condition is best suited for those who open their figures. Please send me a pm if interested. 

But I already have a Rosalina... and Bowser, and Peach, and Yoshi.

Mario and Luigi get a pass because their initial sculpts sucked, and they're staple characters.
Wow, really? I love both the first Mario and Luigi. The Mario especially is awesome. Way cooler than the new one packaged with Mario Party.

Haha NoA just tweeted out saying to pick up a gold mario at a Walmart store at launch. Either this means there's no more pre-orders and/or there's going to be plenty at launch of NoA's in full damage control and just hung themselves

Donate half the money to helping people with cancer? Ha! First, "half"? Homeboy is making a pretty penny there. Secondly, "helping people with cancer" is so damn vague. Not a charity or anything.
Little do you know, the first half goes to the seller and the second half goes to helping people with "cancer" which the seller has.

Maybe they'll have silver Mario at normal Walmarts.

Or normal Walmarts will get normal Marios, while Super Walmarts get Super Marios?

Mega Man was in stock on Amazon as of 5 minutes ago--was randomly checking for it and managed to place an order

My store just got in 16 mega man, sonic, and yoshi. Might be able to do a store to store if you go to your local TRU.

Think what kind of best seller Mariio Party 10 would have been if they made that bundle with mario a gold mario. It would sell out everywhere, most sold game of 2015 if they could produce enough of them.

Think what kind of best seller Mariio Party 10 would have been if they made that bundle with mario a gold mario. It would sell out everywhere, most sold game of 2015 if they could produce enough of them.
And then eBay/Amazon get flooded with people trying to offload the extra Mario Party games xD

Going back a few pages, I also received my Smash music CD last Friday. Got no email with confirmation or anything so it was a nice surprise when I got home.

You're doing the same thing as that guy who bought 50 is, you're taking stock away from people who want it.
...but I want it.

There's a difference between someone buying 50 to offload on eBay versus someone buying an extra one to keep in its box. Not only that but Nintendo claims that Walmart only put up a small fraction on their website, so there should be stock if you want it.

https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/photos/a.120520318032430.30157.119240841493711/794080164009772/?type=1&theater

Nintendo's Facebook is saying that a majority of the Gold Marios will be going to stores.
If this were TRU, I'd be optimistic, but from my experience, what Wal-Mart considers to be a small fraction relative to the amount they stock in stores leaves me a little pessimistic. I'm really hoping they saturate the hell out of the market to teach the scalpers and the ones feeding the scalpers a lesson.

If this were TRU, I'd be optimistic, but from my experience, what Wal-Mart considers to be a small fraction relative to the amount they stock in stores leaves me a little pessimistic. I'm really hoping they saturate the hell out of the market to teach the scalpers and the ones feeding the scalpers a lesson.
Honestly, the biggest people that're going to get burned is the people hoping to use it as trade bait. This is actually good thing for scalpers because it means they can short sell with less risk

I can't see gold mario being as common as rosalina or lucario. I wonder if/when silver will be announced.  think Walmart would have been better suited for silver, with Amazon getting gold.

I still haven't noticed any restocks at BB. If anyone looking for Mega Man or Sonic pm me for trade/buy.

Honestly, the biggest people that're going to get burned is the people hoping to use it as trade bait. This is actually good thing for scalpers because it means they can short sell with less risk
It's impossible to get burned unless you pay above retail, since any amiibo can be returned to the store, at worst receiptless for store credit.

A story my friend likes to tell: a guy reserved 11 Halo 3 Legendaries to flip at his Gamestop. When he failed to sell any, he just returned them all. They sat in the back of the store until they were new used and the LE parts were thrown away/taken home.

I can't see gold mario being as common as rosalina or lucario. I wonder if/when silver will be announced. think Walmart would have been better suited for silver, with Amazon getting gold.

I still haven't noticed any restocks at BB. If anyone looking for Mega Man or Sonic pm me for trade/buy.
I don't know about that... Wally's has more stores than T and tends to buy more.... so there might be a bunch of gold Marios...

and Nintendo has the volume T bought and sold through in a day to share with Wally's buyer... so if I were the buyer, double what T bought would sell through just fine and maximize $$ for Wallys....

JMO....

I can't see gold mario being as common as rosalina or lucario. I wonder if/when silver will be announced. think Walmart would have been better suited for silver, with Amazon getting gold.
SIlver has to be a Nintendo related offering. Gold implies the first and the best, so any retailer taking silver will feel secondary to Walmart, which no competitor will want to present themselves as. So if this is the case, the logical place for silver to fall would be with Nintendo in some capacity.

Earlier in this thread, a list of possible outcomes was posted and all but one of them were headache inducing, in the hoops you'd need to go through to get the figure.

It's impossible to get burned unless you pay above retail, since any amiibo can be returned to the store, at worst receiptless for store credit.

A story my friend likes to tell: a guy reserved 11 Halo 3 Legendaries to flip at his Gamestop. When he failed to sell any, he just returned them all. They sat in the back of the store until they were new used and the LE parts were thrown away/taken home.
It's getting burned in the sense that they're not getting the value they thought they're getting. Scalpers can always return to stores as well, but then it goes back to the argument of who's affecting supply more, scalpers or traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back