Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Mega Man from Fry's.com and the two Sonic's came in from GameStop.com.  I opened the box the Mega Man came packaged in, and in the process of transporting, the plastic on the top of both sides have some dents.  Nothing major.  I will open the Sonic's from GameStop tomorrow, but, the box it shipped in has no damage.  

is this site known, first time looking at it. i got an order in and paid with paypal for protection in case.
I ordered a pop vinyl figure from them a few months ago when they were doing a refer a friend thing for store credit. Came really quick and very well packed. They even tossed in a pin and folder as a free gift.

I ordered a pop vinyl figure from them a few months ago when they were doing a refer a friend thing for store credit. Came really quick and very well packed. They even tossed in a pin and folder as a free gift.
thanks for the assurance, i signed up and both sonic and mega came in stock, i got a 5 dollar coupon for being a new customer and used it towards the amiibos, damn cag :cry: , i just randomly walked in here and now i'm buying amiibos :whee:

my first amiibos ever.

Anyone send in their Wii U to Nintendo for repairs before? I'm wondering if they actually fix it or if they shove a wad of bubblegum somewhere as a temporary fix like Microsoft does. I keep getting an error code and after being on the phone for a hour, they told me I'll have to do it. Just wondering if it's worth the $100 or if I should just buy another.

Anyone send in their Wii U to Nintendo for repairs before? I'm wondering if they actually fix it or if they shove a wad of bubblegum somewhere as a temporary fix like Microsoft does. I keep getting an error code and after being on the phone for a hour, they told me I'll have to do it. Just wondering if it's worth the $100 or if I should just buy another.
Nintendo probably has the best service repairs out of all three companies. I have never sent in a Wii U myself though I have heard nothing but good things for the refurb systems they sell on their site.

I had a Wii repaired for a friend once and we drove it to the warehouse since we were only about 40min away from their nearest facility. They took the system in and we chilled around town and came back in a few hours to pick up the system.

I had to send my Nintendo 3DS XL in for repairs, and it came back like new. It was the same system, but, they really went out of their way to fix it, clean it up, and package it. They even sent some free swag. Nothing major, just a very nice gesture!

A little off topic but I just wanted people on the Line alert/chat to know that I sent out a test alert last night to see if everyone was getting them properly. Please let me or others in the chat know if you didn't receive this one so we could figure out why.

Also for anyone that wants to join, this my OP on the subject. PM me. Limit is actually 200 it seems, but hasn't been confirmed. We have 98 people in the alerts room and 72 in the chat room so far.

Mega Man and Sonic were posted up immediately yesterday morning. A lot of people got in. I hope this system helps us out for the Wave 4 preorders because they are gonna be brutal against the prepared scalpers.

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.

It was Prob gone in seconds. It has said in store for a while now.
Since they said Dedede won't be in stores, his page is probably dead for all purposes.

Scratch that, it no longer says in-stores only. Might be worth camping the page again.

Since they said Dedede won't be in stores, his page is probably dead for all purposes.

Scratch that, it no longer says in-stores only. Might be worth camping the page again.
nintendo posted picture meta knight, king dedede and kirby for new kirby's game. it tell us waits till spring.

Gamer's Club Unlocked is now $30 permanently. The best deal in gaming and also gives 20% off amiibos.

https://twitter.com/BBYNews/status/573098627846959104

Gamer's Club Unlocked is now $30 permanently. The best deal in gaming and also gives 20% off amiibos.

Nice. I'm good through 2018 but at least I won't have to pay much when I do renew (if the program is still around then ha ha)

Love how all the stuff in that picture wouldn't even qualify for GCU.
Love how the shelves in that picture are actually stocked. The closest Best Buy to me routinely looks like a Kmart - empty pegs everywhere, crappy selection of games, and amiibos are basically non-existent ala Wal-mart style.

Yeah, but good luck getting amiibos / any actual value from GCU with collectors editions that sell out  almost instantaneously and are extremely limited in stock.

Yeah, but good luck getting amiibos / any actual value from GCU with collectors editions that sell out almost instantaneously and are extremely limited in stock.
GCU is great, but I agree with the part about LEs... haven't been able to use it on a single LE since I've had it (unless you count the MP10 bundle, which doesn't seem all that limited) because anything good sells out within minutes or BBY doesn't carry it.

Even then, it's a fantastic deal especially since it stacks any other sales and clearance games. Really sucks for anyone who paid $120 for it. $30 is the perfect price point for it.

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program. $30 for 2 years for 20% off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program. $30 for 2 years for %20 off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.
Yeah, I was JUST thinking the same thing. The margin for new games is ALREADY slim many times for retailers and they give you 20% off, a $10 cert (for some) plus points towards more certs... all I know is I made back the $30 in 2 days buying games from them and a TON more than that with all the CEs I've got through them (and pre-ordered -- I'm looking at YOU Witcher3/Halo5/etc.).

Even if they took that $30 and were able to realize it entirely in the current period or invest it, I can't see it being sustainable in the long haul. Maybe there are just a lot of people who are buying it @$30 and never using it?

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program. $30 for 2 years for 20% off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some changes eventually.

Yeah, I was JUST thinking the same thing. The margin for new games is ALREADY slim many times for retailers and they give you 20% off, a $10 cert (for some) plus points towards more certs... all I know is I made back the $30 in 2 days buying games from them and a TON more than that with all the CEs I've got through them (and pre-ordered -- I'm looking at YOU Witcher3/Halo5/etc.).

Even if they took that $30 and were able to realize it entirely in the current period or invest it, I can't see it being sustainable in the long haul. Maybe there are just a lot of people who are buying it @$30 and never using it?
Theyre still making profit on games even with the discount. I think the biggest point of it is to get more people buying more games at BB rather than going elsewhere. I know it has worked for me. I got GCU free but now I hold out on games to try and get them cheaper at BB. Especially Amiibos, I have ordered over half my collection from them because of it. Granted there are always the occasional situation where things are still cheaper elsewhere, but they have definitely sold more to me than in years past. For instance, at this very moment I am debating on whether or not I want to buy Diablo 3 on PS4 simply b/c its 23.99 with GCU. I already have it on PC and dont particularly need it but that GCU discount has me contemplating it lol.

Yeah, but good luck getting amiibos / any actual value from GCU with collectors editions that sell out almost instantaneously and are extremely limited in stock.
I've saved many hundreds of dollars over the past year and a half of having GCU. Made my money back multiple times over.

Ha, they changed the MSRP after I paid that much for it a couple weeks ago on sale.  I guess they figured not many were biting at the ridiculous full price.  

Also, yay, my Ike should be arriving to pick up at Walmart today.  Assuming I'm allowed to - I don't know how long it usually takes for them to send out the e-mail after it arrives in-store.  I would assume same-day, but who knows.  Sucky thing is I passed up a couple other opportunities to get him while waiting for slow-ass Walmart to even ship this...

GCU is great, but I agree with the part about LEs... haven't been able to use it on a single LE since I've had it (unless you count the MP10 bundle, which doesn't seem all that limited) because anything good sells out within minutes or BBY doesn't carry it.

Even then, it's a fantastic deal especially since it stacks any other sales and clearance games. Really sucks for anyone who paid $120 for it. $30 is the perfect price point for it.
Dunno if anyone is interested but last I checked Arkham knight CE was still in stock haha

Best Buy itself is unstable. If the store is still around in 2 years I would be very surprised. They seem to be dealing like a flea market and selling off space inside the store to Apple, Samsung etc.

Every (non-exclusive) Amiibo I've purchased has been through Best Buy since I PRE-ORDERED THEM when they became available.

Theyre still making profit on games even with the discount. I think the biggest point of it is to get more people buying more games at BB rather than going elsewhere. I know it has worked for me. I got GCU free but now I hold out on games to try and get them cheaper at BB. Especially Amiibos, I have ordered over half my collection from them because of it. Granted there are always the occasional situation where things are still cheaper elsewhere, but they have definitely sold more to me than in years past. For instance, at this very moment I am debating on whether or not I want to buy Diablo 3 on PS4 simply b/c its 23.99 with GCU. I already have it on PC and dont particularly need it but that GCU discount has me contemplating it lol.
Well, I would drive out 20 minutes to BB now instead of 2 minutes to Gamestop or Walmart.

I hear people mentioning them but I'm new to GCU, where are these stacking "Certs" coming from? Spend $200 and then you get $10 off or something? It's not explained well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back