Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
It's multiple reasons, really.

• Some of these characters have never gotten figures or toys of any kind. I sincerely doubt there's ever been a "Duck Hunt Dog", "Little Mac", or "Pit" figure before, so quite a few characters have never been released in any sort of plastic physical form.
  • Amiibos are currently tied to (arguably) Nintendo's biggest franchise, (or at least the franchise with the most rabid fanboys) Super Smash Bros. Many SSB fans love the idea of physical versions of the in-game statues, and they're picking them up because of that.
  • Scalpers see that these figures are popular and were produced in low numbers, so there's a profit to be had. Because of this, many of the short-run figures are hard to come by, and as such more people are looking for them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's other reasons.
thanks for explaining.

kinda want to see Howard the duck amiibo. i know people here will probably say the movie sucks, but it was cool when i saw it growing up as a kid

thanks for explaining.

kinda want to see Howard the duck amiibo. i know people here will probably say the movie sucks, but it was cool when i saw it growing up as a kid
you did get the Pop Vinyl Howard the Duck figure right? I think its $10 most places, but for some reason TRU sells it for $7

**dislikes**

I think it's the opposite of weak to be honest; it's a measure to help curb scams or troll accounts.

You're free to message people though and initiate trades, you'll just have to pay/send first. Good luck on the hunt! :wave:
yeah I get why the site does it like that and I know I been PMing people.

It's multiple reasons, really.

• Some of these characters have never gotten figures or toys of any kind. I sincerely doubt there's ever been a "Duck Hunt Dog", "Little Mac", or "Pit" figure before, so quite a few characters have never been released in any sort of plastic physical form.
  • Amiibos are currently tied to (arguably) Nintendo's biggest franchise, (or at least the franchise with the most rabid fanboys) Super Smash Bros. Many SSB fans love the idea of physical versions of the in-game statues, and they're picking them up because of that.
  • Scalpers see that these figures are popular and were produced in low numbers, so there's a profit to be had. Because of this, many of the short-run figures are hard to come by, and as such more people are looking for them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Did I miss anything? I'm sure there's other reasons.
Fans are overwhelmingly trying to buy their way into the rarer wave 1+2 amiibos through the next few waves as well.

can someone explain why amiibo are being so popular? is it like skylanders or something?
Apparently savvy collectors are buying multiples of every figure so they can trade them for the future figures, which they also have preordered multiples of at every retailer. Just to guarantee they get "1". Make sense? :)

Guys, what is so especial about these amiibos? I heard it has some codes in it? sorry for the stupid question, is just that I dont have a wii u.

Guys, what is so especial about these amiibos? I heard it has some codes in it? sorry for the stupid question, is just that I dont have a wii u.
They don't do much yet. A level 50 max AI fighter in Smash, free costumes in MK8 and a few other things.

I collect them due to being a Nintendo fan for about 30 years and always wanted something like this. I don't mind a few figurines sitting around.

If any fellow amiibros in the Chicago-suburbs are still looking for Sonic or Mega Man I saw a ton of them at TRU in Schaumburg today.
They also had the other Wave 3 commons (Bowser, Toon Link, & Sheik) and a bunch of Yoshi amiibos tagged at $10.99.

If any fellow amiibros in the Chicago-suburbs are still looking for Sonic or Mega Man I saw a ton of them at TRU in Schaumburg today.
They also had the other Wave 3 commons (Bowser, Toon Link, & Sheik) and a bunch of Yoshi amiibos tagged at $10.99.
lol the TRU tax still going strong

Called my local walmart about Ike and even gave the UPC and still none in or on order. Meanwhile more stock listings of different walmarts on brickseek disappear. RIP hopes for Ike...

Went into Best Buy for the fuck of it. Weird employee told me they got no amiibo shipments in today. So I said thanks and went on my way. As I walked off he said, "Yeah, they all sold out this morning." Soo... Did you get a shipment in or not? I can't stand my local Best Buy. It's worth driving the 20 miles to the deserted one where they don't even know what amiibos are just not to deal with mine.

This....

Plus since this is a permanent change, no need to jump the gun and add onto my current subscription. I'll just ride the rest of mine out, would suck to add another 2 years only to have them change it to a silent discount of 10%.
I'm pretty sure bestbuy cant change the terms of GCU without offering a refund, it would be false advertising? I don't see anywhere that says they can change the terms

just wondering if anyone has seen a wave 1 or 2 with 2015 copyright.

also I wonder how Nintendo determined what characters to be part of what wave. wave 1 and 2 made sense imo. wave 3 and 4 not so much as Bowser and Sheik should have been part of 2. Also think Jigglypuff should have been before Lucario and Charizard.

if anyone needs mega man or sonic let me know!
No amiibos from wave 1 or 2 were made in 2015 according to the cpsia page

For anyone that has ordered off Amazon.it, have you noticed a delay in their time estimate given? I have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager with an estimated delivery date of Feb 19th - 23rd, should I be concerned yet?

I've imported a lot from Amazon and sometimes they are early, sometimes they are late. I've never had a lost package before, but I've had some comes 2-3 weeks late. Just have to have some patience

gotta make sure the traders and not the scalpers get them?
What is stopping a scalper from pming?

No CPSIA page listings is all the more reason these Little Macs trickling in are likely delayed stock (from the strike?) rather than new re-prints. Nintendo likely won't do many reprints at all so as not to risk killing off the frenzy.

No CPSIA page listings is all the more reason these Little Macs trickling in are likely delayed stock (from the strike?) rather than new re-prints. Nintendo likely won't do many reprints at all so as not to risk killing off the frenzy.
The Little Macs showing up at some Best Buys aren't reprints.

Although, with Nintendo reprinting Little Mac for Japan, I can definitely see them printing more for other territories as well. Especially considering the figures themselves are exactly the same and the only thing different is the packaging.

Um, no. Nintendo makes no money off the resellers' market. They have already announced Little Mac reprint in Japan. U.S. market will follow. They more they sell, the more money they make. Companies like money.

double post

Um, no. Nintendo makes no money off the resellers' market. They have already announced Little Mac reprint in Japan. U.S. market will follow. They more they sell, the more money they make. Companies like money.

I don't mind if the alert is non-amiibo related. My phone was blowing up with pings for a few mins. Also...lol at that bundle. It's $30 above MSRP. Nevermind, looks like it also contained the MM CE Guide.
The people complaining to stop using the alerts in the alerts chat are just as bad. I also don't see anything wrong with saying OOS in the alerts chat, it lets people know they don't have to worry about running to their computer.

I can't post in trade thread. Shits annoying.
Maybe if you changed your avatar they'd let you post

Ban this troll
I blocked him months ago, saves a lot of drama

im pretty sure theres some fine print that claims they can change the offerings of GCU at any time.
Nothing I've ever read says that.

Nintendo already announced reprints of little Mac in Japan,

For people who got the little macs at bestbuy they can just look at the back of their Amiibo to see which year/week it was made. They should all have a 40,41 or 42 on the back etched into it as that's the weeks of 2014 that little Mac was produced

So at this point is there any figure that is not getting a reprint?

Or is there a composed list please of which ones will?

The people complaining to stop using the alerts in the alerts chat are just as bad. I also don't see anything wrong with saying OOS in the alerts chat, it lets people know they don't have to worry about running to their computer.
Sorry to be naïve, but what is an alert and what is an alert chat?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth being there during opening at Best Buy the next couple of mornings.   It's a store ~20min away that is confirmed to be getting some wave 2 rares that were 'in transit' yesterday but haven't yet arrived.  Who knows if they even wait until the morning to put things out from the truck. 

It has been confirmed already that these are not reprints (see below for proof).

XWFxQO1.jpg

M26Nmee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back