Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
For the people getting cancellataions recently what kind of notices are they getting? I remember a while back just after the first few waves of preorders the e-mails were saying orders "exceeded our quantity limits" or something along those lines. Is it backordered or insufficient inventory now?
I'm sure most of us want to know, anyone get an email about it that can get more details? My order was in the first wave as well and I know of another from wave 2 orders that haven't been affected.

It appears it is a stock issue.

from reddit thread:

"We canceled this item on March 9, 2015 because it's out of stock. We apologize for the inconvenience

I know many dislike reddit here but it if you want to read more about it this is the post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2yg0vl/walmart_gold_mario_cancellations/
Well even based on the times only some later ones have been cancelled, and not even the latest ones. Doubtful that these preorders will reopen then based upon 'out of stock' reasons, they must have oversold/not gotten the stock they need in time. Wonder what release day availability will be like.

I live in Vacaviile too. You know for sure that a worker at the Vacaville Best Buy bought 10 Little Macs? I have been there every day for the last week and they never got any.
A friend of mine said she had also been going into best buy and also calling everyday lol. She said they did get about 13 but she was told an employee bought the box. I guess she knows someone there too. Never made it onto the floor.

Any of you Vacaville guys need any info or help with Amiibos, I'll be glad to help you out.

A friend of mine said she had also been going into best buy and also calling everyday lol. She said they did get about 13 but she was told an employee bought the box. I guess she knows someone there too. Never made it onto the floor.

Any of you Vacaville guys need any info or help with Amiibos, I'll be glad to help you out.
Based on my own personal research, Vacaville BestBuy never showed in transit for both LM and/or Captain Falcon. I think they are messing with you guys. You need to use 'other' reliable stores to check for you, trust but verify.

For Best Buy employees lying to customers and then getting angry with people calling for availability they only have their stupid employees to blame. There's no way that should be allowed, you're cutting off your own customers! Wow, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nintendo, this isn't their fault, the US only has greedy consumers to blame for shortages with crap like this. However it's not like they have to flood the market, Sonic and Mega Man seem to be at appropriate levels. Maybe this is too much of a guessing game, you can't predict demand with some of these variables.

For Best Buy employees lying to customers and then getting angry with people calling for availability they only have their stupid employees to blame. There's no way that should be allowed, you're cutting off your own customers! Wow, I'm starting to feel sorry for Nintendo, this isn't their fault, the US only has greedy consumers to blame for shortages with crap like this. However it's not like they have to flood the market, Sonic and Mega Man seem to be at appropriate levels. Maybe this is too much of a guessing game, you can't predict demand with some of these variables.
That's my line of thinking as well. There are plenty of the more popular characters out on the pegs. If they produced a ton of everyone you'll just have a situation like with Skylanders/Infinity where there's too much stock sitting there. Not to say the demand isn't there and that they shouldn't produce more but as you said, it's a guessing game.

It's annoying but after remembering these guys get paid $9 an hour, I guess I don't feel too bad if a career retail guy tries to boost his income

Thanks for the info. I was part of the 2nd wave. Fingers crossed that my order stays active and they're able to fulfill it later.
If you get canceled it'll be another blow today. Patrick Willis randomly going to retire, Justin Smith retiring, Gore gone and fat ass Sandoval talking shit on the Giants. Haven't had a morning like this in so long
4gk3CmS.png

It's annoying but after remembering these guys get paid $9 an hour, I guess I don't feel too bad if a career retail guy tries to boost his income
To some degree, I agree. However, it shouldn't be the whole stock. This issue is widespread in our location (bay area). Thus, I gave up on them a long time ago. The sooner you move on, the better you are off.

If you get canceled it'll be another blow today. Patrick Willis randomly going to retire, Justin Smith retiring, Gore gone and fat ass Sandoval talking shit on the Giants. Haven't had a morning like this in so long
4gk3CmS.png
lol, didn't hit me as hard as I thought. Once the 49ers lost to the Raiders last season I was done. Been on cruise control ignoring the dumpster fire since. Gore is one of my fav players but that was just business. Smith was expected. Willis was not but all of the sudden we have some cap space to play with and Borland and Wilhoite are next man up. Panda was always frustrating despite being money in the playoffs. Sharks being the Sharks. At least the Dubs are doing good.

Back on that Amiibo topic. I haven't heard of anyone from Wave 2 getting cancelled yet so fingers still crossed. Either way I'm hitting up Walmart on the 20th.

4gk3CmS.png
Yeah, I've been closely following all this NFL FA news as well. San Fran is going down the toilet fast. All the Eagles business has been crazy so far.

No cancellation yet on my 'first round' WM order of 2 gold mario's. Hope it doesn't happen, sorry to all those it is...

And the whole thing that pisses me off about this BB getting more Lil' Mac and Falcon? Well they outright sold my Mac pre-order without pulling it, even though in the system it said it did, and Falcon never came thru at the store level either. Would they bother to make that up to me now? Hell no, its not worth the hours it would take to explain it, get one re-routed to a distribution center and mailed out to me. I guess there was the gift cards back then, but I want the figures now, I'll gladly pay the $10.39 again!!

lol, didn't hit me as hard as I thought. Once the 49ers lost to the Raiders last season I was done. Been on cruise control ignoring the dumpster fire since. Gore is one of my fav players but that was just business. Smith was expected. Willis was not but all of the sudden we have some cap space to play with and Borland and Wilhoite are next man up. Panda was always frustrating despite being money in the playoffs. Sharks being the Sharks. At least the Dubs are doing good.

Back on that Amiibo topic. I haven't heard of anyone from Wave 2 getting cancelled yet so fingers still crossed. Either way I'm hitting up Walmart on the 20th.
Which one should we hit first? :whistle2:k

4gk3CmS.png
Well, at least Panda was a winner unlike those other guys. Besides, its an odd year, nothing is going to happenthis year. And look at the bright side, Aldon Smith hasn't been arrested yet this offseason.

okay skimmed the last few pages...at 100 post per page! Here's a length post.

I decied to go to NWS night before. I had planned to get there a bit before 8, but woke up late and arrived several minutes after 8. Luckily my friend got there around 7:30am so I joined him (a jump of maybe 30 people at the time).  We saw a bunch of people cut behind and in front of us. Unfortunately most were in groups. Apparently other people I knew were much closer in front. Had I gave them a call or walked to check, I may have been able to save an hour.

Either way I may not have been able to get Rosalina had my friend not been there.  I think she sold out before noon. I'll be opening up a spare Meta Knight to give to him soon.

I saw the usuall people leaving as i was still outside.  The overnight campers. The fake cosplayers/photgrapphers. Also the worst type - the same group of people that are always near the front, leave with their stuff, walk back, leave again, and go back to hang out more. Some even hold their spoils walking by, as if taunting animals at a zoo with food :nottalking:

I planned on returning Mega Man and Sonic but got lucky.

I sold Mega Man to guy in front of me for $15.  his friends or people near him said I was stupid as it's worth $25 according to 3rd party Amazon listings...

Sold Sonic to someone near the end of the line (outside) when I left the store. Had to go to an ATM as his 2 friends with him didn't have $3 to add to his $12...

I asked people about Sonic as I was walking down the line, and some morons kept saying they'll buy it for $10. One stopped me and offered $16 only to say he had $10 and would maybe buy me something once he gets in the store (at least another hour for him I think). Others pretended to up the bid of $15 by saying $15.50 $15.25 (idk). Someone cursed me out when he thought I was saying $50 too. It seems most thought I was scalping the amiibo I just bought when I just said I'm selling Sonic.  I actually held Sonic out too.

Read for thoughts on line length.

I've only been to one amiibo "launch" before - the late 2pm opening for 3a which I waited 3+ hours for.  I also went when random restock announcements were made after selling started. 

Around 8am, the line was at the end of the block pased the subway.  I'm not sure how far it eventually stretched before selling started.  This line will be used as a basis for when I should arrive from now on for limited stuff.

For reference:

• The Hyrule Historia event went a bit farther around the corner by the time it started. I got there 2-3 hrs prior, and the line was before the subway.
  • The the MK8 early launch wrapped around to sidewalk one street over, parallel to the start of the line when I went to check about 4-5 hours prior. I got there 7-8 hours prior which wasn't necessary as line was maybe 2/3 down the block.
I can't really comment about the MM/MH4U/N3DSXL launch as that was a nightmare for me despite initially getting there after noon. I believe getting there by 3pm ensured a copy of everything - if you stayed on line or weren't forced to the back.  Keep in mind this was a midnight launch.  Most events are 9pm for early launch (1 day prior) or 9am for release days.

Tried adding out of curiosity.  Let me add it to cart but couldn't proceed to payment because of insufficient inventory.  I'm almost afraid pre-ordering this bundle will make them cancel my previous Gold Mario order, lol.

Had been monitoring the gold mario and that went off, was instantly out of stock but easily checked out with the bundle.  Nowinstock worked but too late.

Gold Mario amiibo standalone came back as well (lasted a few seconds).

2z9mo42.png

Gold Mario amiibo standalone came back as well.

qphr7m.png
I don't get it. Orders were cancelled but it still went back in stock? I thought I read someone who only ordered 1 order of 1 Gold Mario got their order cancelled. I can understand people with multiple orders or even people who got an order of 2 in.

Unlike Gamestops bundles this one is actually under the retail price for the items included if bought separately.

Gold Mario amiibo standalone came back as well (lasted a few seconds).
Seconds? Wow yeah that's a clear sign of bots. People really are sucking all of the fun out of this, they're going to have to add some captcha's to verify customer's humanity. Can't wait for that to become commonplace.

Hey was that bundle already up or did they just change the original (with non gold) to a gold mario?

Got an in stock alert when I was making a sandwich and came in to get one.  Was OoS right after that.  Haha.

I cant imagine these will be rare, this is what now like 5 waves of pre ordering?  They probably made an absolute ton of them.  I was able to snag two now.  One to keep, one to trade.

Got an in stock alert when I was making a sandwich and came in to get one. Was OoS right after that. Haha.

I cant imagine these will be rare, this is what now like 5 waves of pre ordering? They probably made an absolute ton of them. I was able to snag two now. One to keep, one to trade.
The bundle or the figure itself?

THe MP10+Gold Mario bundle isn't an actual LE it's just the standard game and Gold Mario Amiibo SKU's combined, right? Just wanting to make sure.

My gold Mario got cancelled this morning and I only got one. I'm pretty sure they just pulled mine out to be a part of the bundle. Ridiculous.

Did anyone else use PayPal for their Gold Mario order?  If you did, was your order cancelled?  I have a few preorders I used PayPal with and they're still sitting in my "pending" section.  The payment for my Gold Mario order actually posted.  Not sure if that means anything.

Luckily my Gold Mario order (1st wave of pre-orders) didn't get cancelled. Hoping it stays that way. Sorry to the others that did get their orders cancelled especially this late after ordering them.

Well see how Walmart handles this in store. Sucks since my local store is 24 hours but my friends want to get theirs in store (since they have no chance otherwise). Probably going to line up in store at 10PM on the 19th and wait and see what happens.

My gold Mario got cancelled this morning and I only got one. I'm pretty sure they just pulled mine out to be a part of the bundle. Ridiculous.
Thats bogus. They should be ashamed of themselves. Sorry man. If my figure gets canceled im going to have to resort to getting help. My dad is the manager of the ics team at walmart. They break down the trucks and palletize by section to be stocked. Im going to see if he can buy me one

THe MP10+Gold Mario bundle isn't an actual LE it's just the standard game and Gold Mario Amiibo SKU's combined, right? Just wanting to make sure.
I got the order to go through for it. When you look at your receipt, it lists the game bundle for $47 and the gold mario on a separate line for $12.96.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back