Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the Villager I purchased via Amazon for $20 is the U.S. version. The seller sent me some pics (I asked him to send me some). Do you guys want to see the pics? I won't if people will get offended, he shipped it BTW.

My collection is growing but slowly. Trying to buy just 1-2 a week, or more if I find a rare one in store. Sucks having only a part time job at the moment. Even though I think these are cool I wouldn't like paying much more than MSRP so i'm not going to buy anything really rare like Rosalina. Really hoping to find cheap some at yard sales this year.
Ya I feel you well either way you got a cool case and nice lights going so I'm curious how your collection is going to grow

well you better get a case for it! looks like you have the Club Nintendo Luigi's Mansion statue and box in one display case. Not sure what that togepi is.
I've had that togepi for years don't even remember where I got it. It does have a switch on it and looks like a speaker but batteries dead. I was going to open this rosalina but since the package is nice I most likely will keep her sealed and simply purchased the new style rosalina when she's available. Too bad I'm all out of display case space. She might just have to hang out on the wall.

i'm thinking about buying a regular Mario and spray painting it metal
tumblr_nl220eJBrT1rr6e7xo1_540.jpg

I used an acrylic gunmetal paint (brush on) to paint this cardboard battery operated tank I made. The barrel is plastic and the paint looks really good on there, so good my nephew thought it was actually metal. I may try a few coats on a mario amiibo just for the fun of it.

I don't know how rare Sonic and Megaman are, but I just paid for them on GameStop.com. I've been wanting Megaman and I've never laid eyes on him, and I picked up Sonic for free shipping.

I don't know how rare Sonic and Megaman are, but I just paid for them on GameStop.com. I've been wanting Megaman and I've never laid eyes on him, and I picked up Sonic for free shipping.
Its been up all day ....Guess scalpers learned there common for now and can't make them no money, just like Toon Link and Sheik...........Now to wait for CAG to catch on for we can stop seeing post about it

Yes, because it was so ground breaking.
ok yeah I didn't realize it was for super mario bros, jumped the gun a little haha

but there is a line that is kind of ground breaking in that memo - "do not inform customers we are holding items for the event" - proof that employees are told to lie to customers about amiibos!! but whatever who cares haha

Super nice job. May I ask what type of paint you used?
Heavy body acrylic. I recommend the Golden brand. It's a little pricier but no need to buy every color, I just bought the primaries and some white and black, and mixed 'em myself.

I tried the cheaper stuff (liquitex basics) at first and it was no good, slid right off.

Just got an e-mail from Wal-Mart saying that my Gold Mario Amiibo preorder is actually going to be released earlier than they expected. Here's what the e-mail says.

Original release date: April 8 2015

New release date: March 20 2015

Should arrive by: March 30 2015

Selected shipping method: Value

Now Walmart is saying that my order will release on time :)

Original release date    : 08 APR 2015
     New release date         : 20 MAR 2015
     Should arrive by         : 27 MAR 2015

It was posted yesterday that the delay emails were a mistake so today they should be sending emails stating the original release/ship date.

It's a shame that Walmart sucks and didn't do something nice like bump people up to faster shipping for their blunder :p
Agreed, they're total dogshit for not making everyone's orders free for a mistake that ultimately affected no one

Agreed, they're total dogshit for not making everyone's orders free for a mistake that ultimately affected no one
AND was only noticed by the people here and at reddit, meaning not their usual gaming customers, just people coming to horde the one item.

I am a big advocate for these businesses making up for their bads, but it would have been asinine for them to provide free anything over this.

Some people on Reddit told me I should add LED lights to my case. Found some for a few bucks and here it is...

zCH6OHQ.jpg
jQQsKsw.jpg
Where did you get the lighting at? I've been looking for cheap lights like that for a few various projects.

Ah, missed that post...derp. Don't have that store around here unfortunately. Boo!

Looking great btw!

Just as many Toads as all of the other figures. Toad confirmed to be not rare. Start cancelling your Toad pre-orders everyone.
A lot of the reason some figures are rarer is not just the initial production but actually the consumer perception of how rare it is going to be. Because there have been 2 months of people selectively choosing to buy more of Toad, it is likely he will be harder to come by. This will drive the prices on secondary markets higher and thus further increase demand.

TL;DR: Scarcity is due to supply AND demand. Don't underestimate the demand.

A lot of the reason some figures are rarer is not just the initial production but actually the consumer perception of how rare it is going to be. Because there have been 2 months of people selectively choosing to buy more of Toad, it is likely he will be harder to come by. This will drive the prices on secondary markets higher and thus further increase demand.

Toad is being purchased more because he is the only character in this line that hasn't already had an amiibo, and he has functionality in Captain Toad. So yeah, it is likely he'll be harder to find than others even if they are stocked the same.

Toad is being purchased more because he is the only character in this line that hasn't already had an amiibo, and he has functionality in Captain Toad. So yeah, it is likely he'll be harder to find than others even if they are stocked the same.
I think any game that will have amiibo support will have lots of the amiibo available for that game. I have a feeling Toad will be plentiful.

ive gotten kind of lost in the convo over the last few pages

is it going to be easy to walk in to bestbuy on 3/20 and find plenty of the mario party amiibos? 

I see that someone's sarcasm detector is broken.

ive gotten kind of lost in the convo over the last few pages

is it going to be easy to walk in to bestbuy on 3/20 and find plenty of the mario party amiibos?
I think so. Toad may be harder to find than the others as people seem to be grabbing extras while leaving the others alone

These Super Mario Brothers Amiibos are going to be available everywhere within two weeks after they release.

Remember people ... Even there is no exclusive @ any stores this time for Super Mario Series .. However, the stock may limited in quanlity to the stores as well .. Just like the Wave 3 for the non-exclusive figures .. In most of States, hard to find DDD, Ike, etc..

For sure TOAD will be hard to find and of course once it hard to find it will become rare ..

I'm still trying to convince myself to cancel all my SMB preorders except for Gold Mario and Toad.
im in the opposite boat i have toad and gold mario preordered but now ive decided i want the rest of the wave as well despite telling myself i was only going to collect the smash ones smh you win nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back