Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just lef the walmart here in Pearland. They put all the gold Mario out earlier already. Registers wont let them sell till midnight, but some person grabbed all 8 and is just sitting in the layaway department waiting till 12:01 to check out. smh....
By the way I heard one guy managed to buy up all of the Gold Mario Amiibos at Meyerland Walmart yesterday when they put them out. I wonder if it's the same guy lol.

It would be awesome if the Walmart let the guy camp until purchase time and then mentioned a purchase limit (of one or two)!  :lol:

lol, of course Walmart would screw this whole thing up. Anyone who has ever done a video game trade in knows the about the extensive training these guys receive. They are practically grand master video game experts. I'm sure they have a fantastic system set up for regulating the release of gold marios with their knowledge of their high demand. 

hence why I said worth every penny. From looking at the people who kept and opened theirs, its actually pretty decent quality scarf though. I'm willing to guess it'll probably last the line of at least 500 people. They had to have handed around 300 MM 3DS wristbands and at least 500+ wristbands for the MM LE considering how long it took to announce they're sold out. I figure if you get there by 5am and are willing to sit there through a potential snowfall then you'll get one. It's more a matter of if you think lasting 5+ hours in cold weather is worth it for amiibos
If you would have saved that scarf it probably would have kept you warm.

i'm glad i was able to get a pre order for gold mario because I REALLY REALLY REALLY did not want to go to walmart at midnight or at 6am. now here's to hoping they don't cancel my order and ship sometime today

My Walmart said there inventory was stolen yesterday and they don't know if the manufacturer are going to provide them with more. lol

Guarantee that employees took them.

I've got to have the dumbest friggin' Walmart in Milwaukee. Tried calling to see how many Gold Marios they're getting and when they're putting them out. Lady on the line doesn't know what they are. I spell out A-M-I-I-B-O and ask if she can check her inventory. She instantly says she has no idea. Didn't even bother to try looking it up. Then asks if I'm sure it's a video game. And I explain that it's like a Skylander, which she knows about, but for Nintendo. Silence. "Let me check." *put on hold forever*

I try calling back and they put me on hold right away. After almost 20 minutes total of being avoided, I give up.

I hate Walmart. I hate them so damn much!

I've got to have the dumbest friggin' Walmart in Milwaukee. Tried calling to see how many Gold Marios they're getting and when they're putting them out. Lady on the line doesn't know what they are. I spell out A-M-I-I-B-O and ask if she can check her inventory. She instantly says she has no idea. Didn't even bother to try looking it up. Then asks if I'm sure it's a video game. And I explain that it's like a Skylander, which she knows about, but for Nintendo. Silence. "Let me check." *put on hold forever*

I try calling back and they put me on hold right away. After almost 20 minutes total of being avoided, I give up.

What Walmart in Milwaukee? Was that the Capitol Drive location?

Ha, I wouldn't even bother looking around here for those, it's just way too populated of an area to even have a chance. Even the poor TRU nearby told me of how people wait outside hours and hours in advance for releases and still don't have enough for those who are dedicated.

Ha, I wouldn't even bother looking around here for those, it's just way too populated of an area to even have a chance. Even the poor TRU nearby told me of how people wait outside hours and hours in advance for releases and still don't have enough for those who are dedicated.
I've had decent luck. Scored 2 Rosalinas from the Chase Ave. Target and only waited half an hour. Got a Marth from the Miller Parkway Target. I've preordered everything else though.

fuck. Have to travel 2 states over to clean my uncles place that my cousins trashed.

So much for Mario at midnight and opening at Best Buy tomorrow. Really hope my order goes through now

I was in walmart today and asked department manager about how many gold mario amiibo's they'd be putting out tomorrow and she said they had some gaming stuff in the back that they could not put out til tomorrow and I asked if she had any idea when they would put it out and she said they can put it out midnight. She was really busy moving clearance items around and I asked her while standing in front of the amiibo but I don't think she had any idea what I was talking about. I'm going to drive there at midnight and maybe the store in the town next over if I have no luck there. The person holding on to 8 at layway has me thinking this will be common. It only takes one scalper to wipe out a batch of these and if there's a limit they will bring friends since they can afford to pay them with making at least $50 profit per amiibo. Pegs had no gold mario amiibo tags though 2 pegs at bottom did have the stickers stripped off so I'm thinking they may plan on putting them there. 

My local walmarts will be selling them at 8am tomorrow, and they have limited supply, one per person only.   I'll stop up there before work but if I find there's a bunch of neck beards that have been waiting in line since 5am or earlier, I'm just going to take pics and make fun.

The two Walmarts closest to me are getting only four Gold Marios each.  I'm going to the ghetto stores tonight for the best chance to score one.  The manager at one knew exactly what I was inquiring about and said I was the first person to ask him about Gold Mario.  Just one store over the electronics guy said he had seven phone calls today and knew some employees were planning on lining up as well. 

It's nice to live in a diverse metropolitan area with lots of locales to choose from when you go on shopping quests.  Gotta completely avoid the middle-upper class neighborhoods, the densely populated places, and also the stores on the outskirts that serve much larger, sprawling areas when it comes to stuff like this. 

Anyone know if ALL walmarts are getting gold mario? Called mine just now and they said they don't know if they are selling it...try calling around midnight.

Since yesterday I've been planning which Walmart to hit up. I've been kindly asking on the phone if they have received shipment or know how many are coming in.

Then it started.

We have "x" in stock but can't find them. Hmm ok. Then 3 stores telling me we had 8 in stock but they sold out yesterday?!!!!

I'm afraid I will not be able to track one down. With stores allowing overrides and other stores having stock but managers not being able to find any in the back ( probably smash mario scan and take home gold) (or hidden in store) I have no hope for Friday.

no receipt pic opens up conspiracy theories it was stolen!
I can post a pic of my receipt if you would like. It doesn't say amiibo on it. A manager had to come over and override the sale. In my case it was extremely ymmv. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to buy it.

Generally I am against tacking pictures of people in public that do not want to be photographed (yes I know it is legal), but I HAVE to see the guy sitting at that WM layaway with the gold marios.

Damn the people waiting across the street from Nintendo world are crazy. There's like 4 people right now, since they can't wait by the store till midnight for the store opening at 8am. This also just for gold mario, metaknight, Mario party, or that fossil game.

Generally I am against tacking pictures of people in public that do not want to be photographed (yes I know it is legal), but I HAVE to see the guy sitting at that WM layaway with the gold marios.
same. even better if someone were to shoot video of his reaction of being limited to 1 or 2 if that happens.

Here is pic of the two amiibos I bought this morning along with the receipt. The sale was done as a override as far as I could tell. The lady had no problem selling them. She didn't even tell me couldn't sell them. I have covered the info I need to on the receipt. I legitimately bought these.
http://imgur.com/6stAuUl

Here is pic of the two amiibos I bought this morning along with the receipt. The sale was done as a override as far as I could tell. The lady had no problem selling them. She didn't even tell me couldn't sell them. I have covered the info I need to on the receipt. I legitimately bought these.
http://imgur.com/6stAuUl
so how much are you gonna be selling them for on ebay, I mean, to your "friend"? You know Gold Mario works the same as Mario so needing one to use is BS right?

so how much are you gonna be selling them for on ebay, I mean, to your "friend"? You know Gold Mario works the same as Mario so needing one to use is BS right?
I bought one for me and one for my sister. If she doesn't want it then I will probably try to trade it for a copy of Bloodbourne.

Why do you presume to know what he is doing with his extra? A lot of people display one sealed and one opened. If you have not been able to secure one online at this point, you should stop trying to collect. All you'll be doing is spreading hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back