Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked my manager if he knew about the amiibos and if they had any plans to distribute them and he's like "Huh? What? No?", lol. I warned him about it and since I already preordered I got to comfortably avoid the line of 15 fidgety 40 year olds and dudebros with girlfriends(scalping partners). Of course they couldn't find them as I was leaving, despite my warning.

Got to the Quincy, MA Walmart at 5:30. One other guy was waiting. Another guy and his girlfriend showed up a few minutes later. Another guy twenty minutes later. We were the only ones up until 6:30ish. Between that time and store opening, another 10 or so people showed up.

I had gone last night before the store closed and the system showed they had twelve. The store manager came out about 5 minutes before opening and said he couldn't find them and that he wanted to give us enough time to get to another store to try and get one. He also said the electronics department manager was coming in around 7:30 and he might know where they were. Store opens and we all walk to electronics (no running!).

We all waited in electronics. Manager shows up, gets the box, and says 1 per person. They had twelve. There were about two or three people who didn't get one. They only had Yoshi and Luigi as well.

Garner, NC has 3 Gold Marios left but won't hold any. I work in downtown Raleigh so I can't just run over there without a guarantee that they'll have one, so there you go. In the unlikely event that someone reads this, goes there and gets an "extra" (one more than however many you wanted), I would be eternally grateful.

Well I struck out this morning.

Called 3 Walmart's last night before closing. One said they wouldn't have any gold amiibos, the other said they weren't sure that they were going to get them since it hadn't come and the third said they had 12. So ii went to the one with 12 at 5:10am for a 7am opening. I was number 9 in line so I figured I was safe. 10 minutes before we go in a guy comes out saying they only had 8 total. I am pissed. I decide to wait any way and mention that they told me there was 12 to check again. Get to the register and he says sold out. I explain what they said and he responds with, " I checked multiple times this morning at 5am". I was even more pissed and asked why he or any one else couldn't come out and tell the people on line so we didn't have to waste our time. he had no response. I then find out that the 2nd store I called ended up having 16 and the 1st store had 4. I hate Walmart so much. I hated them before this amiibo release for screwing me over on something else and hate them more now. Nintendo needs to stop this store exclusive nonsense. 

Just got back from a 6am opening store. We fell asleep but woke up at 6:07 and she rushed into the store. We see the employee giving two customers 1 of each Gold Mario. There is another group with us but my friend wanted one and the guy wanted one (not his gf he was with). We know these are shipped in cases of 4/each so we were good.

The assistant manager tells us they only had those 2. He scans the barcode and shows there are 2 more somewhere. He couldn't find it and said to wait till 7am for another employee to look for it. We do and that employee goes to look for it. He comes back with a box full of LE and Standard Mario Party 10's but no amiibos.

He said he sold 2 already earlier in the week. We're like "that can't be, it has a street date on the box". He goes "I can sell it based on the date"... though the date on the box is today. He said Walmart (his store) ordered more so they should be coming in soon. I try to explain to him that w/ the rare amiibos anything pass the initial release isn't going to have any restocks anytime soon. He swears that store will get more. Both of our groups walk out empty handed.

Happy I was able to pre-order 1, many people seem to be walking away empty handed for the same reasons.
The Electronics manager I spoke with this morning was pretty adamant that he has 4 more on order that are due to come in sometime next week. Seemed to be an honest guy and looked like he knew what he was doing so I'll take his word for it. Not that they would last long on the floor if and when they do come in.

^This. I got confirmation (visually looking at scanners and over the phone) that stores in my area have 16 each. Of course they all only had 8 which left a lot of people in the same position; waiting only to come empty handed.

Yeah Nintendo, let's not have another Walmart exclusive amiibo.

^This. I got confirmation (visually looking at scanners and over the phone) that stores in my area have 16 each. Of course they all only had 8 which left a lot of people in the same position; waiting only to come empty handed.

Yeah Nintendo, let's not have another Walmart exclusive amiibo.
To be fair there's over 4500 Walmart stores. If each gets 8 in store that's already 36k amiibos shipped

Pulled a 13 hour shift yesterday. Got off at 6 PM and stopped by Wal Mart to grab a few things and check if the clearance Legos dropped anymore. Wandering by the electronics department there's a couple and their teen daughter circling and rather loudly bitching that the "10 dollar" employees are worthless and Dad is on the phone complaining to someone about any many Gold Amiibos he NEEDS.

Too tired to tell this guy off and certainly wasn't hanging til midnight for whatever that would entail.

Went to a 24 hour walmart last night at 10pm. Electronics guy says the manager won't sell them until 7am today. Show up at 5:30 today and guess what? They sold at midnight. Fun.

Struck out at the Cinnaminson Walmart. They open at 7:00 and I got there a few minutes after and they were gone already. I asked the woman at electronics and she said they only got 4. She did say they didn't all go to one person though so at least it wasn't a scalper that beat me. I'm glad I never told my son about this figure so he won't know he missed out. At least he's getting Toad in the mail today.
Wow small world, me and my friend were two of the four people who got one. There was another dude and an older lady. The lady was trying to fish mine away from me for her kid or some shiz

Wow small world, me and my friend were two of the four people who got one. There was another dude and an older lady. The lady was trying to fish mine away from me for her kid or some shiz
Glad you got them at least. I guess I just missed you. How long did you have to wait?

Shady situation at my local central ca store. Arrived at 11 to find no line and asked at the desk where it starts. Associate says there isn't one and that people are just around, a female coworker comes up and says it's starting to form so follow her. I end up being fourth

nah man Im no scalper
I just got two so
A. I could straight trade for an amiibo I want
B. wouldn't you rather someone like me get them instead of a scalper?
1. If value has any place in your trade, you are just as bad. Instead of screwing someone out of $60, you're just going to screw them out of a $60 amiibo. There's no difference with what you did and what scalpers do unless you're entertaining offers for less valuable amiibos.

2. No, because seriously what the hell do you guys think "scalpers" do with their money? Donate it to devil worshippers? Buy drugs to sell at elementary schools? They're selling stuff to pay bills for themselves and their family. These people aren't villains and we need to stop painting them like they are. They're regular people trying to get by and if you're buying multiples you can't take the high ground and say you're better than them. You're not.

Sorry for contributing to a conversation most people hate, but hypocrisy is a pet peeve of mine. I can't resist replying.

Bust in orlando, went to a non-24 hour walmart in the hood at 7:20 and they said they are looking for them, went back at 8:00 and they said they could not find them at all, shady lol might try another low volume one at lunch but honestly I could do without.

I was able to snag one last night. Got there at 11:00 pm and the employees had them ready to hand out at midnight. There was just me and another lady so no problems. They only got 8 in on their shipment. I was in Gardner, Ks btw.

Scaling/reselling ISN'T unethical or morally wrong. Taken to an extreme, it can be very douchy, but there's totally nothing wrong with buying an extra of something to help pay for what you bought or help pay bills. This is freaking America, people. Capitalism and a free market are good things. We should still always be kind and considerate to people (buying 8 of something and wiping out a store is fairly mean), but every time someone here whines about another CAGer who preordered 2 of something, I seriously want to vomit.

I went to a 24 hour Walmart last night, they couldn't find Gold Mario. They could only come up with the Mario Party 10 bundle. I stopped at a different, non-24 hour Walmart on the way to work and got the same story.

I hope they never get an exclusive that isn't just a recolor.

I seriously doubt your walmart got 64 gold marios. Each "case" held 4 amiibos. Thats why the first 3 got a case, and the last guy just got three. You got the last one.

Besides that, I would have said something as soon as I saw what was going on. Something along the lines of "if you guys like your job, you better make sure I at least have XXXX too. If not, i'll get the manager right now and we will see what she has to say.
Sooooooo 4 Amiibo per case..... 4 cases..... 4x4=16 not 64....

This was an absolute freaking joke. My I called my local walmarts yesterday multiple times and nobody had any idea about gold mario or if he would be released ad midnight. I figured I'm not wasting my time going if these people don't know if they are releasing a product in a few hours....called very early this morning. "Oh yeah we sold out at midnight" Are you f**king kidding me?

I wonder who the first person to microwave a gold Mario will be...
I was, but I just woke up from the fumes. :drool:

Scaling/reselling ISN'T unethical or morally wrong. Taken to an extreme, it can be very douchy, but there's totally nothing wrong with buying an extra of something to help pay for what you bought or help pay bills. This is freaking America, people. Capitalism and a free market are good things. We should still always be kind and considerate to people (buying 8 of something and wiping out a store is fairly mean), but every time someone here whines about another CAGer who preordered 2 of something, I seriously want to vomit.
1) We are CAGs, not CAGer

2) It can be argued that it is morally wrong when you are a member of a gaming site, you used said site to find like minded people and deals, then you prevent said people from getting the same deal by buying them all up in a geographic area.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that, but I would say buying 4 or more of anything would put someone over the edge of acceptable behavior. In theory 1 to open, 1 to collect, and one for a sibling seems to be acceptable.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that, but I would say buying 4 or more of anything would put someone over the edge of acceptable behavior. In theory 1 to open, 1 to collect, and one for a sibling seems to be acceptable.
This. 1 to open and 1 to collect is an absolute given. I would say an extra 1 to trade or 1 for a family member isn't ridiculous either. Anything over that does seem like a bit much.

My story is a bit interesting. (yes I pre-ordered one wave 1, day 1 but you can never guarantee how walmart ships that) I went last night around 12:10. I actually am sandwiched inbetween two 24-7 Wal-marts within 5-7 minutes from me. I went off a source from r/Texasamiibo that a location had 1 left. No good. The guy told me they only got 4. I went to the other which is a little bit closer to me. There were 3 others waiting at the electronics table. Wal-Mart couldn't find any Mario Party stuff. (including games) Overnight people were a bit of a mess. Stuff was everywhere. They got in a big box full of Megaman. There was also a random box full of power adapters and Ps4 games. I waited around 20 minutes before everyone there just gave up.

Went back this morning around 8:03. Eletronics employee for the morning had just gotten in a few minutes before. Low and behold. Golden Mario. I picked it up there were 2 left. I believe they got 8 but have been picked off slowly over the morning.  

Frisco, Texas on Preston if anyone is interested. 

2) It can be argued that it is morally wrong when you are a member of a gaming site, you used said site to find like minded people and deals, then you prevent said people from getting the same deal by buying them all up in a geographic area.

With that logic you and everyone on this site is no better. You buying something from information you got here is taking away something from someone regardless of if they can find it again or not. Even at that you're taking it away from people in your area too. Do you buy something and immediately think you took something from someone or that you got something for yourself?

If anything you're worst since you are buying items for yourself and not to sell to support your family / self but only for entertainment. Mind you, I don't believe that but with your logic you have to take that into account.

Though I agree, buying an excessive amount is a bit much but at the end of the day, it is your money and you can do with it what you please. Just as people can "choose" to spend whatever cost of the item later on. Remember, no one forces anyone to buy items they do not need to survive. Obviously there are people who value their time and money over doing the research, driving, etc. to get XYZ item.

And you can't pick and choose what is acceptable. It's either all or nothing. You can't say reselling / scalping is bad when that person is paying their bills and providing for their family than say it's ok for someone to buy multiple for nothing more than keeping it sealed or leaving it to "trade" for later.

This. 1 to open and 1 to collect is an absolute given. I would say an extra 1 to trade or 1 for a family member isn't ridiculous either. Anything over that does seem like a bit much.
Not to jump on you but you are saying buying 4 is ok when you

1. Get it to play with

2. Get it to do nothing but stare at it

3. Trade for something of equal value (which is no different than selling it and using that money to buy what you wanted. No one is going to trade you a Pikachu amiibo for a Villager so let's not pretend that is a common thing).

and 4. To give to someone assuming they will play it, trade it, or keep it in a box.

Not that I'm saying what you people should do with their stuff though.

Is anyone getting the Brickseek inventory tracker to work?
Yeah. Not sure how much I trust it, especially with the disclaimer about how it can be delayed by 12-24 hours. Although, it is only showing 3 stores in my area have them, so maybe it's close. Use "43814229" as the item id.

I have class at 8am on Fridays, so I didn't think I'd be able to get a gold mario. I got a message from my lovely GF that she and her little bro went to the local Walmart at 7am and got one for me :)

The best (and probably only) way to combat scalping is to just not buy the shit on the second hand market, but the frustration and jealousy set in when people realize that realistically, there's always going to be someone buying it and the scalpers are still going to make their money. 

Kind of crazy how the Wal-Mart I went to today had two Skyward Sword bundles that sat on the shelf for 3+ years and yet they sold out of Gold Mario in minutes.

Two walmarts, no one can find it. At least 1 took down my number because they started a call list for when they find it, but the other one had no idea what an Amiibo was and had no desire to look. Just said "oh the site must be wrong and the computers are messed up". I told him I had a telxon checked and he responds saying the system must be really off. Then told me to check GameStop.

Just dropped by my Walmart and they were sold out.

I went there last night and the guy told me they wouldn't start selling them until 12 and they would only have four. I asked him if he meant 12pm and he said yeah.

I went this morning to check anyways since they open at 6am and they might be stocked it right away. Apparently, they sold them at midnight and they had 8. I didn't even know they were open til 1am since the website lists their closing time as 11 pm.

I wish my Walmart guy knew the difference between 12am and 12pm. Oh well, best of luck of to you other cags

Just a heads up. My dad is the manager of the ICS team (the people that unload the trucks, scan in & palletize the material to be stocked) at a 24 hr WM. His store didn't get them in last night, but are expecting a truck this afternoon. They should be on there. So your local stores might get them today. Don't lose hope Your store might not have gotten them yet.

I have class at 8am on Fridays, so I didn't think I'd be able to get a gold mario. I got a message from my lovely GF that she and her little bro went to the local Walmart at 7am and got one for me :)
Local store shows "limited stock". I'll be stopping by around noon to check the shelf. (Probably futile, but, can't hurt.)

Hope mine ships soon from Walmart.com.

I'm at Target Columbus Oh Easton. There are plenty of all of Super Mario figs including Toad and Bowsser. Buying a Toad since BB has not shipped him yet.

Just went to my wal mart because the online stock tracker showed it as limited stock. Asked the worker and he said the store didn't get any in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back