Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Party 10 got blasted pretty hard in most of its reviews, so I'm a little disappointed and probably won't pick it up til I find it for cheap. To be fair, though, I don't think most of the series has done too well review-wise, but I loved the older ones (mainly 2 and 3).
Yeah, MP games haven't been well received for quite a while. I believe that's mostly due to the fact that they haven't evolved, though.

I love how you make it seem reselling items is the only way to survive and make money, not everyone here depends on reselling stuff as a job
At least quote the whole phrase.

"If anything you're worst since you are buying items for yourself and not to sell to support your family / self but only for entertainment. Mind you, I don't believe that but with your logic you have to take that into account."

And I don't. Its how some people make money. Some choose to work a 9 to 5, others have 2 jobs, others resell, etc etc.

In no way did I say or imply everyone does either. Just b/c I and others offer a different view on reselling doesn't mean we believe its for everyone or its some holy grail.

Mario Party 10 got blasted pretty hard in most of its reviews, so I'm a little disappointed and probably won't pick it up til I find it for cheap. To be fair, though, I don't think most of the series has done too well review-wise, but I loved the older ones (mainly 2 and 3).
I'll say this much. I had a friend that hates the series so much the only reason he played this was because I got it a day early for him to stream and he won't shut up about wanting to play the game lol

Woah! Just realized that the Mario bundled in the MP10 is actually still in the box!?!? That's awesome! :D  Didn't realize that's what they did.  Good for them! :D  Now to hope mine arrives safely from Amazon.

How soon til someone can trade in Mario party 10? I bought the bundle but just wanted the amiibo. Im guessing it gets at least 40 from BB withy there extra trade credit. It's not in the system according to the BB GAMING APP but does it take long to appear on there computer?

At least quote the whole phrase.

"If anything you're worst since you are buying items for yourself and not to sell to support your family / self but only for entertainment. Mind you, I don't believe that but with your logic you have to take that into account."

And I don't. Its how some people make money. Some choose to work a 9 to 5, others have 2 jobs, others resell, etc etc.

In no way did I say or imply everyone does either. Just b/c I and others offer a different view on reselling doesn't mean we believe its for everyone or its some holy grail.
I read the whole thing but please don't glorify reselling as a job many people see it as a crummy way of living especially on here

Here's what the boxes look like they come in. It makes finding them far easier for the employees. I expect a lot more of these to be dug out over the next few days so don't give up. I actually asked for the box.
DSC02424.jpg

I read the whole thing but please don't glorify reselling as a job many people see it as a crummy way of living especially on here
Good for those people. Im not telling people to do it, I and others are just offering a different view on it. Take it as you will.

After hours trying to get some at my 1st store (story after this one) I drove next town over last night and was out til 3:30 this morning. 1 person was working stocking back in electronics and she had a mess on her hands. I asked her if they had any of the new wave amiibos and she said if they did they'd be on the pallet with the movies but she couldn't leave to go look since she was by herself. I told her I understand & she said if I didn't care to wait until she could catch another employee coming off break that she'd go look because she knew where'd they'd be. I then proceeded to tell her what the box would look like since I'd just seen some boxes at the walmart in my hometown and noticed a box of what appeared to be amiibo on a pallet right there beside the register. I told her I think that was a box of amiibo and she opened it and it was smash bros version of bowser. Anyways, after about 30 mins she caught someone to help watch as she went and looked and she came back with 2 boxes. She opened them and lo and they both contained gold marios (8 total). I ended up buying a case & left the other case didn't want to appear too greedy pushing it plus I'd been hearing they might be a limit of 1 but since no one else was there no one was around to really make that an issue. I also wanted the box they came in since I thought it would be cool to keep them stored that way & asked her if I could have it and she said yeah so we stuck them back in the box and I went upfront to self checkout and each one had to be unlocked by csm which was no big deal. I also got 4 at my local store to cover family and friends who might want 1. One woman there told me they didn't have any but I knew better & she had another woman stocking who knew nothing about them. I could not ask her since she heard the other lady tell me they had no marios or toads. She put out yoshi, luigi, and peach probably 4 of each and I never saw her anymore. In the meantime I'd got talking to another collector and he didn't know much about the gold mario so I filled him in. He got wanting 1 really bad too and was much more persistent than me & went to the boxes they had on a crate back behind register and reached over grabbing 1 and she was keeping a close eye and said "hey, you getting in my freight" and he laughed and proceeded to tell her what exactly we were looking for. She went and brought out a box of disney infinity characters which he collected too and he immediately let her know those were different and boxes are different pointing at the nintendo boxes. A bigwig came by and overheard and he went back and checked and came out with 2 boxes of amiibo's. 8 gold marios just so happened. So we got 2 each at first and they took the others and hung up. We both had been there for hours and the floor cleaners had use driven insane. We went over there and no one was around but us so we then got an additional 1 and finally just decided to get 4 each because we knew it would be stupid not to. It's funny because each of us were reluctant because we'd just been discussing the scalpers a bit but not really in a negative light. You can't blame someone for trying to make investments & both of us were buying for others as well. We were there, no one else was there so 1st come 1st serve if they don't limit them. Had they had a limit that would have made it very easy for both of us. We went to self checkout with them & each one had to be done as I stated above at my 2nd store visit. I just rarely ever get anything out of my efforts and this was the rare occassion where things worked out in my favor. I'll be holding on to them for quite some time & it's a gamble because for all I know nintendo might release a million more of them but I like them and don't care having them stuck up in the closet. Anyways, here's a pic for those to go by when looking for the amiibo boxes mixed in with freight. From what I'm reading I think they will be more of these dug out from walmarts across the country so this makes it real easy for employees to find them if they see how the box is marked. I really hope all of you who wants 1 gets one or all that you want for that matter. You do have to be persistent (just be nice) & usually good things will happen. I just don't like to come across annoying and aggravating and am quite natured but there is a balance & coming off too strong at either end of the scale usually gets you nothing has been my experience.
DSC02424.jpg
TLDR

Did they seriously keep the everyone moves together in MP10 !?! Why did they do that? It completely ruined 9 to the point of it being the first Mario Party I didn't purchase.

Target is getting a bunch of Toad amiibos. The guy at mine had put them behind the counter so to avoid scalpers buying the batch (and apparently I was the first person who even wanted any). And the inventory checker listed 8 Toads per most Targets (some only had 4). So yeah, Toad is definitely a common one. Which I'm happy about since Toad is mah fave.

After hours trying to get some at my 1st store (story after this one) I drove next town over last night and was out til 3:30 this morning. 1 person was working stocking back in electronics and she had a mess on her hands. I asked her if they had any of the new wave amiibos and she said if they did they'd be on the pallet with the movies but she couldn't leave to go look since she was by herself. I told her I understand & she said if I didn't care to wait until she could catch another employee coming off break that she'd go look because she knew where'd they'd be. I then proceeded to tell her what the box would look like since I'd just seen some boxes at the walmart in my hometown and noticed a box of what appeared to be amiibo on a pallet right there beside the register. I told her I think that was a box of amiibo and she opened it and it was smash bros version of bowser. Anyways, after about 30 mins she caught someone to help watch as she went and looked and she came back with 2 boxes. She opened them and lo and they both contained gold marios (8 total). I ended up buying a case & left the other case didn't want to appear too greedy pushing it plus I'd been hearing they might be a limit of 1 but since no one else was there no one was around to really make that an issue. I also wanted the box they came in since I thought it would be cool to keep them stored that way & asked her if I could have it and she said yeah so we stuck them back in the box and I went upfront to self checkout and each one had to be unlocked by csm which was no big deal. I also got 4 at my local store to cover family and friends who might want 1. One woman there told me they didn't have any but I knew better & she had another woman stocking who knew nothing about them. I could not ask her since she heard the other lady tell me they had no marios or toads. She put out yoshi, luigi, and peach probably 4 of each and I never saw her anymore. In the meantime I'd got talking to another collector and he didn't know much about the gold mario so I filled him in. He got wanting 1 really bad too and was much more persistent than me & went to the boxes they had on a crate back behind register and reached over grabbing 1 and she was keeping a close eye and said "hey, you getting in my freight" and he laughed and proceeded to tell her what exactly we were looking for. She went and brought out a box of disney infinity characters which he collected too and he immediately let her know those were different and boxes are different pointing at the nintendo boxes. A bigwig came by and overheard and he went back and checked and came out with 2 boxes of amiibo's. 8 gold marios just so happened. So we got 2 each at first and they took the others and hung up. We both had been there for hours and the floor cleaners had use driven insane. We went over there and no one was around but us so we then got an additional 1 and finally just decided to get 4 each because we knew it would be stupid not to. It's funny because each of us were reluctant because we'd just been discussing the scalpers a bit but not really in a negative light. You can't blame someone for trying to make investments & both of us were buying for others as well. We were there, no one else was there so 1st come 1st serve if they don't limit them. Had they had a limit that would have made it very easy for both of us. We went to self checkout with them & each one had to be done as I stated above at my 2nd store visit. I just rarely ever get anything out of my efforts and this was the rare occassion where things worked out in my favor. I'll be holding on to them for quite some time & it's a gamble because for all I know nintendo might release a million more of them but I like them and don't care having them stuck up in the closet. Anyways, here's a pic for those to go by when looking for the amiibo boxes mixed in with freight. From what I'm reading I think they will be more of these dug out from walmarts across the country so this makes it real easy for employees to find them if they see how the box is marked. I really hope all of you who wants 1 gets one or all that you want for that matter. You do have to be persistent (just be nice) & usually good things will happen. I just don't like to come across annoying and aggravating and am quite natured but there is a balance & coming off too strong at either end of the scale usually gets you nothing has been my experience.
DSC02424.jpg
didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

Except when it benefits them like with the 20th Anniversary PS4. As much as I love CAG there is a lot of hypocrites on here who are OK with reselling in some scenarios but then viciously angry about it in others.

Whatever way you choose to look at the situation a guy buying multiples to trade is no better than a guy buying multiples to sell. Resellers aren't inherently evil people, many of them don't have other options for income and are doing what they can to get by. Would you prefer they panhandle on the street corner?

Except when it benefits them like with the 20th Anniversary PS4. As much as I love CAG there is a lot of hypocrites on here who are OK with reselling in some scenarios but then viciously angry about it in others.

Whatever way you choose to look at the situation a guy buying multiples to trade is no better than a guy buying multiples to sell. Resellers aren't inherently evil people, many of them don't have other options for income and are doing what they can to get by. Would you prefer they panhandle on the street corner?
Yes, I would prefer they panhandle on the street corners. That way I can ignore them on the way to getting my toys!

Did they seriously keep the everyone moves together in MP10 !?! Why did they do that? It completely ruined 9 to the point of it being the first Mario Party I didn't purchase.
They did :bs:

Read a review that said the amiibo mode was not that great, but did say everyone takes turns like in old Mario Party games.

Come on that example is far-fetched it is not like there are no jobs anywhere and if you can't get a good job maybe that person need to look at themselves on why they aren't able to

Sure no problem good luck on your sales O:)
Same with you and your daily job. We may have differences on reselling but no need for us (CAG as a community) to hate on each other for something like that. imo that is.

If only scalpers put all that time and effort into school instead of being scumbags
*In a 5 year degree program and pay for school entirely by myself with reselling.

But yeah, some people are scumbags... But anyone can be.

Did I just Time Travel?
I used ebay as my flux capacitor but there was a fee putting the cost up to $37. Seller even shipped it in target box he got it in but I bet he added extra protection because it was very well cushioned. Do I hate him for it? No, his worked paid off for me and I'm thankful. Nothing wrong with making profits & in the end it's all a gamble.

Same with you and your daily job. We may have differences on reselling but no need for us (CAG as a community) to hate on each other for something like that. imo that is.
I don't hate you I just dislike the trend on resellers as it seems if anything can make a dollar people will scoop up everything, Lol i find it funny how you say "Same with you and your daily job like if it's a bad thing

I don't hate you I just dislike the trend on resellers as it seems if anything can make a dollar people will scoop up everything, Lol i find it funny how you say "Same with you and your daily job like if it's a bad thing
Meant no offense by that.

But just to clarify, this is not some easy job where you can easily buy and sell. It takes a lot more knowledge, money and time than simply listing something on eBay. I may offer another view on reselling, but I'm not encouraging or discouraging people to do it. People think its some get rich quick job. It isn't. Which is why most people quit before they invest too much.

But just to clarify, this is not some easy job where you can easily buy and sell. It takes a lot more knowledge, money and time than simply listing something on eBay. I may offer another view on reselling, but I'm not encouraging or discouraging people to do it. People think its some get rich quick job. It isn't. Which is why most people quit before they invest too much.
You are 100% right. Some cannot see the bigger picture. After all my years I've learned one thing is for sure, there is no easy way to earn a buck. Those who think there is is living in lala land or just spoiled so bad they can't see it.

But it ain't rocket science either there are a couple of students who do this as well that I know and they it is easy if you put the time into it and dedicate to it , but I make great amount of money at my part time/internship where I luckily don't have to do it. It seems like I have bad will towards resellers, I don't as long as they are discrete on it, but in California the resellers here are everywhere and try to flip anything that makes a dollar.

Got off work at 4:30 this morning and went right to Walmart. There were 4 gold Marios just hanging on the pegs. I got 1 and my Woman got one. Also saw like 7 or 8 MP10 bundles in the glass case.

No where to be found in the College Park MD area...  Walmarts around here are the worst.  Apparently one person bought them all at one location.  

If you are contemplating going on the line in NYC think quick, stock levels are vulnerable Metaknight the second hot target wont last too long going based off the fact that most people were there for him and Gold Mario.

I'm amazed NWS didn't sell out of all the rares immediately. They must have gotten some pretty large shipments to still have Meta Knight of all things.

You are 100% right. Some cannot see the bigger picture. After all my years I've learned one thing is for sure, there is no easy way to earn a buck. Those who think there is is living in lala land or just spoiled so bad they can't see it.
This. Very few people earn money easily. Reselling may seem easy but the logistics behind it make it just like any other small business.

But it ain't rocket science either there are a couple of students who do this as well that I know and they it is easy if you put the time into it and dedicate to it , but I make great amount of money at my part time/internship where I luckily don't have to do it. It seems like I have bad will towards resellers, I don't as long as they are discrete on it, but in California the resellers here are everywhere and try to flip anything that makes a dollar.
I agree it isn't, depending on how into it you are though. If you have the will to learn and patience to do this constantly, than you can succeed, but most people don't.

I know personally for me I have to research market value which is much easier said than done. If I buy an item for cheap but it doesn't sell in a reasonable amount of time, than I'm losing money and investment with that money which is tied up. Have to know the market of not just the games I sell but computers, tablets, printers, clothes, watches, etc.

Research store hours, policies, limits and have proof of their rules in an instant. Also research coupons, stacking policy, price matching guidelines, etc. Hell, I have most of the 50+ stores BestBuy price matches remembered just in case I need to get something cheaply.

Driving all around town to get products is not like a road trip. When I'm on a good hunt, I'm on the road for 6+ hours and in the store for 2 hours getting products. Have to coordinate the best route, call stores and deal with employees that truly don't care (unless its Toysrus, BB or Target, they always help, Walmart, RadioShack, the more lower end stores don't care enough).

But all that is easy until you get into business logistics and taxes. Shipping, packing, customer service, etc. We all know how hard taxes can be and business taxes are no joke.

Do know that I don't look down on people for working a 9 to 5 job. A job is a job and if it supports your family (and isn't immoral) than huge respect to you. I use to do the same until I entered school and needed more money on the side plus more time to do my heavy course load. Over time I quit my jobs and started going to school full time and resell full time. Now I have a lot of free time and make twice as much as I did before. But that is with a lot of work under my belt with this. Definitely didn't happen overnight.

TL;DR: Reselling isn't for everyone.

Buy one if you want one. Many Target and Toys R Us employees report he is the most common one they are receiving. Recent eBay sold prices are less than $25 including shipping.
Seems like that's the case everywhere. Very strange, how he sold out so fast online

Just to give all of you a heads up, Walmart will not be getting these gold Mario's back in stock. They are deleted in the system. I have a very good friend who is a store manager for one of my local stores. I'm showing you a screenshot of their in store inventory tracker. This has the UPC and item number at the top. I'm telling you all now take it how you want you better get one when and while you can.[attachment=13138:image.jpg]

Just to give all of you a heads up, Walmart will not be getting these gold Mario's back in stock. They are deleted in the system. I have a very good friend who is a store manager for one of my local stores. I'm showing you a screenshot of their in store inventory tracker. This has the UPC and item number at the top. I'm telling you all now take it how you want you better get one when and while you can. image.jpg
guess its time to move on to Canada for their release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back