Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone here mentioned they got a Gold Mario for store pick up for Woodbury, NJ. Did you go get it yet? I ordered one from there too and got a pick up e-mail but I'm very skeptical its actually there.

Managed to get one Gold Mario at each of the Goldsboro, NC locations using store pickup. Pretty pleased about that - had to drive an hour but it was worth it.

Possible gold mario restock at walmart?
I still think it is just leftover shipments from the warehouses though.
Looks like stores ordered XYZ and didn't expect people to want it. Now that they are OOS, they ordered more from the warehouse so this is just that excess stock. imo that is. No way this is a "restock" in the sense that they were sent more from Nintendo.

Gold Mario is showing up in stock near a WM in my parents hometown... not worth the 2 hr drive though. 

EDIT* Actually, it's showing up in stock everywhere for me now... weird. 

EDIT 2* Nevermind, appears to be a glitch. Can't add to cart, says it's sold out. 

Gold Mario is showing up in stock near a WM in my parents hometown... not worth the 2 hr drive though.

EDIT* Actually, it's showing up in stock everywhere for me now... weird.

EDIT 2* Nevermind, appears to be a glitch. Can't add to cart, says it's sold out.
Same here. It's showing in stock at the 3 Walmart that are near me but It won't let me add to cart for in store pick up.

PIcked up my Gold Mario at Walmart this afternoon.  Here are some highlights of the day:

1.  No one in line, but I waited 15 mins at the walmart.com pickup area as 3 people walked by and asked "have you been helped yet"?  Then walked off to get someone, never to return.

2.  After someone got there and started to help, they looked at my printout and had never seen an order number like mine.  Not really sure what that meant.

3.  My name and order number are not in the system.

4.  After a few more people show up to help (with four people there trying to find my order in the computer through various methods), a girl walks in the back and brings out the Gold Mario.  

5.  Even with the amiibo in hand and my name and order number printed on a sticker stuck to the back, they still can't find my order in the computer and say they can't sell it to me and at one point the manager says, "can you come back later when the computer is working?"

6.  I refuse to leave (I'm usually a polite person, but 45 mins into this experience I'm not leaving without Gold Mario) I ask for higher up manager that refuses to come over.

7.  Finally they say they will write down all the information and say they will tell the store manager to look at the cameras if there are any problems.  

8.  About 55 mins after walking in I walk out of the store, amiibo in hand.  No bag, no receipt and luckily, no one even cared to stop me.

Honestly, not the worst experience I've ever had at walmart.

PIcked up my Gold Mario at Walmart this afternoon. Here are some highlights of the day:

1. No one in line, but I waited 15 mins at the walmart.com pickup area as 3 people walked by and asked "have you been helped yet"? Then walked off to get someone, never to return.

2. After someone got there and started to help, they looked at my printout and had never seen an order number like mine. Not really sure what that meant.

3. My name and order number are not in the system.

4. After a few more people show up to help (with four people there trying to find my order in the computer through various methods), a girl walks in the back and brings out the Gold Mario.

5. Even with the amiibo in hand and my name and order number printed on a sticker stuck to the back, they still can't find my order in the computer and say they can't sell it to me and at one point the manager says, "can you come back later when the computer is working?"

6. I refuse to leave (I'm usually a polite person, but 45 mins into this experience I'm not leaving without Gold Mario) I ask for higher up manager that refuses to come over.

7. Finally they say they will write down all the information and say they will tell the store manager to look at the cameras if there are any problems.

8. About 55 mins after walking in I walk out of the store, amiibo in hand. No bag, no receipt and luckily, no one even cared to stop me.

So would you rather have waited an hour and a half with a line full of people and got nothing... You got a gold Mario, no need to care about the details

PIcked up my Gold Mario at Walmart this afternoon. Here are some highlights of the day:

1. No one in line, but I waited 15 mins at the walmart.com pickup area as 3 people walked by and asked "have you been helped yet"? Then walked off to get someone, never to return.

2. After someone got there and started to help, they looked at my printout and had never seen an order number like mine. Not really sure what that meant.

3. My name and order number are not in the system.

4. After a few more people show up to help (with four people there trying to find my order in the computer through various methods), a girl walks in the back and brings out the Gold Mario.

5. Even with the amiibo in hand and my name and order number printed on a sticker stuck to the back, they still can't find my order in the computer and say they can't sell it to me and at one point the manager says, "can you come back later when the computer is working?"

6. I refuse to leave (I'm usually a polite person, but 45 mins into this experience I'm not leaving without Gold Mario) I ask for higher up manager that refuses to come over.

7. Finally they say they will write down all the information and say they will tell the store manager to look at the cameras if there are any problems.

8. About 55 mins after walking in I walk out of the store, amiibo in hand. No bag, no receipt and luckily, no one even cared to stop me.

Hooray for theft!

Thanks BestBuy..... Anyone know a good glue? He just came out of the holes. I'm opening so no biggie, just need to know the best glue to use.[attachment=13207:image.jpg]

Same here. It's showing in stock at the 3 Walmart that are near me but It won't let me add to cart for in store pick up.
Best to call them, one WM about 20 min away reported none in stock online and wouldn't let me add to cart. But I called and they had 4 with no claim to them. The electronics rep even set one aside for me since I was driving there.

I know someone on reddit got some pre owned amiibo from GameStop (and some real gems in the bunch too).

Has anyone else seen used amiibo at their store? If you have an abundance of them by chance they are B2G2 free at Gamestop right now along with Skylanders and Infinity characters.

Has anyone seen the Kickstarter for "amiibo collector cases"?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2122051225/collector-cases-for-amiibo

It's basically $4 each for the same plastic protectors you can buy off eBay for retro games at around $1 each (or less when buying bulk).  Early bird special: 6 sleeves for only $20!!

Don't get me wrong; these definitely serve a purpose for collectors and I'm sure we'll start to see similar protectors appear on eBay at some point, but the price just seems crazy to me.  Anyone gonna get these?

Walmart actually had my Gold Mario waiting!  Now this was my 3rd major contribution to this thread and no longer feel odd for asking to be added to this phone list.  Can this please happen and here is my case:

-I have been actively posting on this and the old Amiibo thread since Page 9 of the original thread!  I started collecting well before Christmas.

-I am up crazy hours and can help with notifications, as I helped many today score a Gold Mario and on previous occasions pointed out when Mega Man went live very early after release at Target, and on a random Rosalina order one day.

I missed the signup window (I think) when the list was being compiled and would LOVE to be an active role in this to make sure we all get Wave 4/5 and beyond!

Walmart actually had my Gold Mario waiting! Now this was my 3rd major contribution to this thread and no longer feel odd for asking to be added to this phone list. Can this please happen and here is my case:

-I have been actively posting on this and the old Amiibo thread since Page 9 of the original thread! I started collecting well before Christmas.

-I am up crazy hours and can help with notifications, as I helped many today score a Gold Mario and on previous occasions pointed out when Mega Man went live very early after release at Target, and on a random Rosalina order one day.

I missed the signup window (I think) when the list was being compiled and would LOVE to be an active role in this to make sure we all get Wave 4/5 and beyond!
You mean the LINE app? Instructions are in the OP on how to join.

We are all thankful for your contributions with links/intel/intelligent conversation but any CAG member can join the LINE app whether they've contributed or not. All that we collectively ask is everyone keep the links to the Alerts and the chatter to this thread or the second LINE chat group.

Thank you!  I feel very old and outdated now as I always assumed "LINE" was lingo for a telephone tree!  Hell, I just learned what Venmo was yesterday.

We are all thankful for your contributions with links/intel/intelligent conversation but any CAG member can join the LINE app whether they've contributed or not. All that we collectively ask is everyone keep the links to the Alerts and the chatter to this thread or the second LINE chat group.
Woah wait.. there's a secret pact that will keep links out of here..?

Or maybe I just read that wrong and you just are saying you don't want constant notifications blowing up your phone bc of pointless banter

i am wanting to trade away my fox and captain for Ike and DeDeDe and i wanted to know if this is a fair trade? i want to trade in my local group but wanted to know i am not ripping off in case they accuse of me doing this -___-

i am wanting to trade away my fox and captain for Ike and DeDeDe and i wanted to know if this is a fair trade? i want to trade in my local group but wanted to know i am not ripping off in case they accuse of me doing this -___-
I think Fox is a bit lower on the rarity-tier list than Ike and 3D, but you can probably sneak by.

if you want ike and DDD and he wants Fox and Cap, that's all that matters.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone today who helped out with this alert today.  I got to WM and (to my surprise) there was my Gold Mario in great shape... thanks.

The amiibo collection grows. Gotta love the L man. I'm really diggin the SMB amiibo's now that I'm actually seeing them good up close.

tumblr_nlp09kDbXJ1rr6e7xo1_540.jpg

I'll have what he's smoking.
I think they look better than the ssb series but in a nostalgic sort of way. Luigi pose in the smb series automatically made him superior to the ssb version. The quality appears to be pretty much the same as far as I can tell although the face and nose looks better without line on nose unlike the ssb series luigi.

I think they look better than the ssb series but in a nostalgic sort of way. Luigi pose in the smb series automatically made him superior to the ssb version. The quality appears to be pretty much the same as far as I can tell although the face and nose looks better without line on nose unlike the ssb series luigi.
I agree 100% with the pose being better. That is the main reason why I got this version instead. Imo though I feel like the SSB line is more detailed, especially Peach, Mario, and Bowser.

I just ordered a gold Mario but got cancelled 50 min later. But now It was available again for pickup at another store , so I ordered it online... It's processing. ***fingers crossed

Wow, I was getting ready to post how a Walmart 1 hour away from me had a Gold Mario available for store pickup but the site errors out and wouldn't let me check out. Well I checked again just to see and suddenly another Walmart that's really close to me had one available for store pickup and this time it let me check out. Hopefully this is for real.

Wow, I was getting ready to post how a Walmart 1 hour away from me had a Gold Mario available for store pickup but the site errors out and wouldn't let me check out. Well I checked again just to see and suddenly another Walmart that's really close to me had one available for store pickup and this time it let me check out. Hopefully this is for real.
You should go there and check if they actually have it on display

Tonight my 7 year old tore into the MP bundle a bad amiibos. Just he and I played two 30 min games and he loved it. He acts out Bowser on the Bowser mode. Prior to me loading the game he played with the figures for half an hour. Screw reviews when a kids loves the game. He did not even play amiibo mode but is looking forward to playing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back