Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my wife to play MP10 this evening.  This is the first she's played since MP6.  As soon as she saw the Wii Remote she said, "Oh, I have to use one of those?  I'm going to hate this.".

By the end of it, I won by a huge margin of stars, but she still admitted she had a good time.  We're gonna play amiibo mode next time.

I don't get why people are posting about having a good time playing Mario Party 10......its a Nintendo game... Reviews or not, did people really expect different?

oh nvm you said you were able to check out. so it hasn't been cancelled yet?
Yeah, the one close by let me check out and hasn't cancelled so far. It was the one that was far away (that was the only one showing for store pickup earlier) that Walmart's site wouldn't even let me check out to begin with.

I agree 100% with the pose being better. That is the main reason why I got this version instead. Imo though I feel like the SSB line is more detailed, especially Peach, Mario, and Bowser.
I can agree that they are a bit more detailed in certain ways but almost to a point where they don't feel like the nintendo characters they are representing. I do like how peach's mouth and yoshi's nostrils actually have depth now instead of just paint. I get that the ssb series is going for a different vibe though. Now I'm just wondering how many different variations of the same characters will be produced.

If last night taught me anything, it is to check walmart.com shortly after midnight for Gold Mario (or other rare Amiibo) if you are on the lookout!  That is when the site says the stock gets updated.  Not sure of the time zone they use but for me it was a little after midnight pacific.

I placed an instore pick up for Gold Mario and got it! Now I see more options on the pickup page, but won't let me add to cart.
No way... lucky!

Man, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have tried for one earlier when I found all my stores with one in stock.:whistle2:k

No way... lucky!

Man, now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have tried for one earlier when I found all my stores with one in stock. :whistle2:k
My store said that there were 3 left but it would only let me purchase 1.

EDIT: I just tried to log back in an order another. Upon checkout it still said that there were 3 left so the stock counter is BS and ordering is still a crapshoot. GL...

Just impulse bought Wii Fit Trainer for 25 plus 3.99 shipping. Says shipping from CA so im hoping for US version. I messaged him asking for details so hopefully it is.

Was only 1 in stock btw or I would drop a link to it.

Tokyo Otaku Mode seems to have King Dedede back in stock. Not sure if it's US or not since they sell Japanese products too, but the pictures show the US package. Didn't get in when they stocked Pit awhile back so I've never ordered from them but seems some other CAGs had a good experience.

https://otakumode.com/shop/54c07b86aca3249d561f2bef
$9 shipping pushes it towards Amazon prices. Maybe a good deal if you were looking to combine an order with something else from them.

Well I just signed up and received a $5 coupon so I got it for $17.98.
After putting in my address the shipping went from $9 to $5 so the welcome coupon covered shipping.

Tokyo Otaku Mode seems to have King Dedede back in stock. Not sure if it's US or not since they sell Japanese products too, but the pictures show the US package. Didn't get in when they stocked Pit awhile back so I've never ordered from them but seems some other CAGs had a good experience.

https://otakumode.com/shop/54c07b86aca3249d561f2bef
Thanks for the heads up. The $5 welcome coupon pushes this towards MSRP since it can cover shipping charges.

Just finished setting up my super mario amiibo collection...

[attachment=13228:ess1427181920648.jpg]

Just bought a gold mario for in store pickup. Walmart's website is so weird and I had to play around with it for awhile to get it to show up. Only problem is that it's kinda far away from me. And it's in a ghetto location. So I have 14 days to decide whether I should risk my life for a gold mario amiibo. 

Just bought a gold mario for in store pickup. Walmart's website is so weird and I had to play around with it for awhile to get it to show up. Only problem is that it's kinda far away from me. And it's in a ghetto location. So I have 14 days to decide whether I should risk my life for a gold mario amiibo.
mine says I can do instore, but then when I add it to cart it says sold out. Which walmart? the blvd?

don't worry it will get cancelled by the associate who finds it for you, before he/she decides to buy it up themselves, have the majority of the recent instore pickups been cancelled, or am i just pessimistic?

don't worry it will get cancelled by the associate who finds it for you, before he/she decides to buy it up themselves, have the majority of the recent instore pickups been cancelled, or am i just pessimistic?
It's not that easy to cancel an order. To cancel one, you have to actually go to a member of management and have them cancel it. Walmart is pretty anal too about customer courtesy, and every member of management is afraid of the dreaded 1800walmart phone call against them. I doubt they're taking them for themselves.

The reason most people are probably getting an order through, and then having it cancelled, is because the on hands are wrong. Before you say "In that many stores?"...theft is horrible at walmart, and it throws the numbers off pretty badly.

I tried three different stores yesterday and all were canceled. Tried my local store this morning and it was canceled within 20 minutes. As someone mentioned yesterday I'm pretty sure these are new shipments coming in on trucks today and a lot of these cancellations are because the stock hasn't arrived yet. I'll be stopping by in person later this morning to talk to the electronics manager to find out what is going on.

My order is still "processing" but maybe that's because I placed it late at night. Incidentally the one an hour away is no longer showing up on Walmart's site.

On the mobile site it shows none in stock. But on the full website it shows in stock at practically every store. Put in a couple orders and so far all but one is cancelled. One remaining is just processing. Brickseek also shows out of stock everywhere around here.

Well I just got back from my local Wal-Mart, the one that canceled my store pick-up order minutes after placing it, and sure enough they had one sitting for sale in the display.  Not sure why my order was canceled when the stock was there.  I think the best advice was made by Ferrari Racer - if you see a store listed as having it in stock on the website just make a trip there in person.  At this point I wouldn't even bother placing a website order since they seem to be canceled almost all the time even if there is stock available.

I have a Gold Mario shipment that has been sitting the "Out for Delivery" tracking stage since Saturday.  On the phone with USPS to deal with that and the Majora's Mask LE that never got delivered to the guy I sold it to either.  Damn, the USPS is really pissing me off lately.

Guys, if Walmart lists a store as Available for In Store Pickup, but then checkout errors out...I'd definitely recommend visiting the store. I just popped over to the one closest to me and there was a lady putting out inventory with 3 Marios in her cart. And yes, I bought all 3.

Guys, if Walmart lists a store as Available for In Store Pickup, but then checkout errors out...I'd definitely recommend visiting the store. I just popped over to the one closest to me and there was a lady putting out inventory with 3 Marios in her cart. And yes, I bought all 3.
Hook an Amiibro up; my around me has been sold out since they opened last Friday

Took time out of your hectic and busy day? =P

Wish people would have been having success and reporting this yesterday, probably would have taken an extended lunch break to check.

Took time out of your hectic and busy day? =P

Wish people would have been having success and reporting this yesterday, probably would have taken an extended lunch break to check.
I don't get the hectic comment...is that supposed to be a sick burn or something? I work 50 hours a week, but my job is pretty flexible. I drove over and was back in my office in 30 minutes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I looked up Marth on walmart.com to see if any stores near me happened to have it.  This is what it shows. No way to buy it though. 

marth.jpg

Anyone else seeing this?  Does it mean he is coming back sooner than we thought?

I don't get the hectic comment...is that supposed to be a sick burn or something? I work 50 hours a week, but my job is pretty flexible. I drove over and was back in my office in 30 minutes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well I don't think being busy would be "sick burn" worthy, but...thought you mentioned your latter comment there previously so =S

Sweet, so is mine. If I get another chance and see this in stock I'll give that a shot.

I looked up Marth on walmart.com to see if any stores near me happened to have it. This is what it shows. No way to buy it though.

marth.jpg

Anyone else seeing this? Does it mean he is coming back sooner than we thought?
When I search "Marth amiibo" only mega man shows up? What did you use to search?

Well I don't think being busy would be "sick burn" worthy, but...thought you mentioned your latter comment there previously so =S

Sweet, so is mine. If I get another chance and see this in stock I'll give that a shot.
I did? Weird, I don't even remember that! Must be sleep-posting again. :)

So, the new Gamestop ad includes a thing for buy two, get two free pre-owned Skylanders, Disney Infinity... and Amiibo. It seems to work online, but when I click the banner, there's not an amiibo to be found.

Anyone know if this works in-store? Also -- does Gamestop really have a decent number of pre-owned Amiibo in store? I'm just hoping to snag super-common ones (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach Smash versions), but I don't want to waste a drive.

So, the new Gamestop ad includes a thing for buy two, get two free pre-owned Skylanders, Disney Infinity... and Amiibo. It seems to work online, but when I click the banner, there's not an amiibo to be found.

Anyone know if this works in-store? Also -- does Gamestop really have a decent number of pre-owned Amiibo in store? I'm just hoping to snag super-common ones (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach Smash versions), but I don't want to waste a drive.
I would guess it would work in store, but I've only ever seen one used Amiibo, a single Mario.

I went to three local walmarts yesterday, and of the 3 one had a tag for Marth, which I'm pretty sure was not there previously, so when I saw your post I tried the link to see if I'd get the 3/31 message for that store. I got the 3/31, but it was for the new Walmart 'neighborhood market' that just opened near here. I haven't gone in there yet...it took over a furniture store in a strip mall and I thought it looked like just a grocery store, but with the Walmart sign. Gonna have to check it out now...

I went to three local walmarts yesterday, and of the 3 one had a tag for Marth, which I'm pretty sure was not there previously, so when I saw your post I tried the link to see if I'd get the 3/31 message for that store. I got the 3/31, but it was for the new Walmart 'neighborhood market' that just opened near here. I haven't gone in there yet...it took over a furniture store in a strip mall and I thought it looked like just a grocery store, but with the Walmart sign. Gonna have to check it out now...
Don't waste a trip, Neighborhood Markets are grocery only. I have to go in one every day for my job, it's just as crappy as a normal Walmart without any of the potentially good stuff.

I picked up a Lugi from the Super Mario Series, I saw all of the other SMS Amiibo's aside from Toad on the shelf too. I feel like these ones aren't going to be very rare. I just liked the Lugi this time around so I picked him up. I'd still love to get Meta Knight, Marth, Ike, and Captain Falcon, but those seem impossible to find unless you want to pay over MSRP for them, which I absolutely will not do. 

Fox was at my local BB as well. Gonna return the shitty beat up Fox they sent me 2 months ago. They had 4 on the shelf. Excellent condition too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back