Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow today is my lucky day. Went to Walmart to grab some boxers and found Ness in stock. Then when I went to check out the cashier there was super hot and totally thought it was cool that me, a 23 year old male, collected amiibo figures, and asked for my number before I left...

rEG06fD.jpg

Not only that, if you are really smart and pay attention you will notice the box behind it is Marios hat which lead me to believe its a clear Mario amiibo photoshopped. C YA

Haha it's a little obvious it was a joke. Here's a fixed version. Would love to see people prank their friends with this and get reactions...

3IJ66JR.jpg

Wow today is my lucky day. Went to Walmart to grab some boxers and found Ness in stock. Then when I went to check out the cashier there was super hot and totally thought it was cool that me, a 23 year old male, collected amiibo figures, and asked for my number before I left...
The biggest red-flags for me were: Grab boxers from Walmart (that's a big no no) and someone being super hot at Walmart, we all know Walmart's clientele, lol. Nice try though ;)

Nope, they only work on Wii U. I'm presuming Nintendo didn't bother making a driver (Mayflash did, though). The third party one is great for GameCube/Wii emulation.
A bit late, but there's a very good program that's been around since December that allows the official adapter to be used on your PC, and Dolphin even supports the GC adapters natively on newer versions.

Kind of sounds like my experience at GameStop yesterday.

Sexy GameStop girl: "Hey sexy, need anything? I got all wave 4 Amiibos in the back." *wink and shush*

Me: *lights up a cigarette (in the store) and looks off to the side* I guess.

Her: "God, you're so hot. Pick me up after work if you're looking for some fun. Also I'll bring you a full set of Amiibos. Including waves 5 & 6."

Me: "Sure. Whatever."

New mystery amiibo on the CPSIA page. Just like the last one, it's a snoozer. At least Wave 6 is guaranteed to have interesting characters in it since two of the least exciting characters are now slated for Wave 5.

Amiibo 8 bit series & 16 bit series is coming shortly after Splatoon & it's amiibo line. To coincide with the new series amiibo release nintendo will be announcing a new 2d Metroid Wii U which will be cross play with the New 3DS. Details are still scarce but more expected to be revealed at E3 this year. Rumor has it that a line of metroid amiibo will be the first wave in the new series and will be used in game to unlock certain areas and weapons for boss fights. This is what I'm talking about Nintendo and I for one cannot wait.

Amiibo 8 bit series & 16 bit series is coming shortly after Splatoon & it's amiibo line. To coincide with the new series amiibo release nintendo will be announcing a new 2d Metroid Wii U which will be cross play with the New 3DS. Details are still scarce but more expected to be revealed at E3 this year. Rumor has it that a line of metroid amiibo will be the first wave in the new series and will be used in game to unlock certain areas and weapons for boss fights. This is what I'm talking about Nintendo and I for one cannot wait.
Awww, I wish all of that were true :(

Awww, I wish all of that were true :(
Why want more?? Even with 45+ Smash Amiibo it's getting on the ridiculous side to have all of these, especially if you keep them in box and displayed. Where the heck are people going to keep all of these!? Have a dedicated Amiibo trophy room? Even opened it's going to get to a point where people are going to want you to admit it, "Uhh, dude? I think you have a problem."

And the die-hards are still religiously checking sites and stores, "Just...a few..more!"

Why want more?? Even with 45+ Smash Amiibo it's getting on the ridiculous side to have all of these, especially if you keep them in box and displayed. Where the heck are people going to keep all of these!? Have a dedicated Amiibo trophy room? Even opened it's going to get to a point where people are going to want you to admit it, "Uhh, dude? I think you have a problem."

And the die-hards are still religiously checking sites and stores, "Just...a few..more!"
I'm not collecting all :)

I'm not collecting all :)
It's becoming pretty unreasonable at this point =P Only get the ones you really want!

Actually, having Amiibo unlock areas and items in game would be pretty awesome but hard to implement. You'd have to do cards like they're planning. Anyone else remember scanning e-reader cards to get Mario powerups? =D

it just died on me too -  but some of the stuff i remember is platinum

donkey kong tropical freeze, animal crossing 3ds, mario golf 3ds, mario party 3ds, wii u virtual console punch out and mario galaxy 2, nes remix ultimate, nes remix 2 and other stuff i cant remember

honestly cant decide whether to get animal crossing or donkey kong- I wanna get animal crossing so i can play it with my brother butttt other than that i dont have anyone else to play it with. I want donkey kong but i really dont care for digital 

New Product Announcement at GameStop?  :whistle2:k

Possible wave 4 pre-order?

NwWwyqf.jpg

New Product Announcement at GameStop? :whistle2:k

Possible wave 4 pre-order?

NwWwyqf.jpg
Could very well be Amiibo related since the direct starts at 6 eastern, 5 central. We will see. Only thing that sucks about preordering from their site is the fact that they charge shipping on each item. Hopefully all retailers put them up at nearly the same time, if its even them.

Dang, wish windwaker HD would have been on there. I already have the limited ganondorf statue edition but want to keep it sealed and would love to have windwaker always on my wii u alongside my toon link amiibo. Not too happy with these offerings because I have everything & nintendo knows this since anyone who reaches platinum is going to have all it's greatest titles. This is why they should offer something unique like a special platinum amiibo especially for their final year. Even a unique 2d mario game would be cool.

Oh come ON, couldn't even do the NES Remix PACK for Platinum, really?! I haven't played any of them yet, but man can't even let platinum members go out with a bang? -.-

I'd get ultimate but I'm really not interested in 3ds digital stuff...toss up, oh well. That GS announcement seems pretty obvious. I reeeaally don't want to have to drive to the store later tonight lol, hopefully it doesn't go live today.

Looks like DKC Tropical Freeze for me. That was one of the few first party Wii U games I passed on. Have most everything else. 

This is really an April fools joke and platinum members will be getting a silver mario amiibo along with a choice of several more titles. Club nintendo is down so the joke was pretty well timed making it even more believable.

This is really an April fools joke and platinum members will be getting a silver mario amiibo along with a choice of several more titles. Club nintendo is down so the joke was pretty well timed making it even more believable.
Well..it's also probably getting a ton of traffic with the news and people trying to redeem for their reward, but I see what you did there =P

Nintendo has confirmed new amiibo announcements for the Nintendo Direct...

Don’t forget to tune in today at 3 p.m. PT for a new #NintendoDirectNA! Can you guess what #amiibo we’ll be featuring? And make sure to check out a short Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring 2015 releases immediately after!
SOURCE: https://instagram.com/p/08KFN6sYwW/

Between the GSO announcement and the NWS encouraging everyone to come to their store for a livestream of the Nintendo Direct, whatever is being announced tonight is most certainly going to be available for purchase/pre-order tonight as well... get your F5'ing fingers ready boys!

How fucking crazy would it be if stores already had Wave 4s in stock to sell.

Regardless, I updated all my billing and CC info on sites I use, and I'll be fully dressed incase I need to speed to GS or something

Between the GSO announcement and the NWS encouraging everyone to come to their store for a livestream of the Nintendo Direct, whatever is being announced tonight is most certainly going to be available for purchase/pre-order tonight as well... get your F5'ing fingers ready boys!
Nintendo world did that last time too. And hilariously fucked everyone over by not taking pre orders for mm until a week later

How fucking crazy would it be if stores already had Wave 4s in stock to sell.

Regardless, I updated all my billing and CC info on sites I use, and I'll be fully dressed incase I need to speed to GS or something
That would be pretty fucking crazy. But one of the CAGs on the inside would've reported it by now.

"Can you guess what #amiibo we'll be featuring?"

I actually can and they're going to be really, really underwhelming if they reveal the two mystery ones on the CPSIA site. I've checked both on the developer data list and I'm super unexcited.
You keep mentioning this, like 4 times now lol, what's the deal? It's not like there's a huge mystery surrounding what amiibo they're making, the entire smash line is coming out and we already know all of the characters.

Unless you mean the pose they've chosen, but that information wouldn't be available and they've been following their default profiles anyways I believe.

Must be a certain few you're itching to get your hands on lol.

You keep mentioning this, like 4 times now lol, what's the deal? It's not like there's a huge mystery surrounding what amiibo they're making, the entire smash line is coming out and we already know all of the characters.

Unless you mean the pose they've chosen, but that information wouldn't be available and they've been following their default profiles anyways I believe.

Must be a certain few you're itching to get your hands on lol.
It's the pain of knowing a secret I can't tell. I'm just itching to complain about it. So many interesting characters left to be released and the two on the CPSIA site are just so boring (as characters, I mean - they could be posed any which way and I wouldn't care). I'm hyped for the Nintendo Direct so I can finally complain; however, if they announce the entirety of Wave 5 and not just the two on the certificate site - things won't look so drab so maybe I won't complain as loudly.

"Can you guess what #amiibo we'll be featuring?"

I actually can and they're going to be really, really underwhelming if they reveal the two mystery ones on the CPSIA site. I've checked both on the developer data list and I'm super unexcited.
We all know they are all coming eventually, I suppose. So all I can do is guess which two it is that you consider to be underwhelming.

If someone told me, of the remaining amiibo yet to be released, what the two crappiest ones were, I would probably say Dr. Mario and Jigglypuff. But that's just my personal opinion. I know Jigglypuff has fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back