Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Nintendo should be putting resources into actually developing full games instead of putting all their resources into creating more and more amiibo. This is a company that resisted DLC and Mobile games for so long and said they would never do it but now they are doing it moreso than any other company, and making it near impossible to obtain (even beanie babies were never this hard to get). They also keep putting out free to play games on the 3DS, that are really pay per play games, and the pay per plays of these games are extreme (Pokemon shuffle). They could be allocating resources into making good, full games, or finishing Zelda and releasing it on time instead. Eventually consumers will get sick of it and this will end up just like Beanie Babies. Its good for the short term profit though if you are lucky enough to be able to obtain these figures but I wouldn't hold them for a long term investment. I question why I am spending so much on Nintendo games (and waiting so long for them) when there are products out there that offer a better value.

Even skylanders are a better value right now, at least you can use them as a playable character in the game, and right now they are relatively easy to find.
Over a billion dollars in amiibo sales says otherwise :)

That was back in january.

If anyone who works at Gamestop is reading this, let me ask you a question: my wife went to the store for me and ordered Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack for me. I checked my bank statement and there is only one pending charge, but I got two emails from GS with two different order numbers. Are these two separate orders for Ness/Splatoon or are the two order numbers because she had to place separate orders for each item?

I don't want to get a surprise withdrawal from the account.
I don't work at Gamestop, but I can help!

When your wife was at Gamestop, they did 2 separate transactions, each with their own order number. When the order is made, a barcode is printed out that can be scanned when completing the sale. They printed out 2 of these barcodes (2 separate online transactions) and then rang it all up as one payment. That's why there is only one charge!

That's the kind of stuff one picks up when standing at the register for 50 minutes.

If anyone who works at Gamestop is reading this, let me ask you a question: my wife went to the store for me and ordered Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack for me. I checked my bank statement and there is only one pending charge, but I got two emails from GS with two different order numbers. Are these two separate orders for Ness/Splatoon or are the two order numbers because she had to place separate orders for each item?

I don't want to get a surprise withdrawal from the account.
as someone who used to work there, they probably made two separate orders to help it get through quicker and then just rang them up together.

Also, Once they print the little order confirmed sheet with the barcode, the order is held for 24-48 hours, so they can wait and ring up multiple orders one one receipt if they want

Well, my amiibo story went like this today. I was trying to decide whether to go to gamestop or try the online. Called a friend and he was on he way to gamestop. He called me back and said he was like 8 or 9th in line and I better come on out. Got there about 3:20 and was about 9 or 10 back and the 1st woman in line had been there since 12. System was so slow and 2 employees were stressed out at registers and everything was froze. By the time she got checked out (probably a little after 4) the line was 16-20 long. She was the only one able to get Lucino and Robin which seemed to be what everyone wanted. A few minutes later the only ones available was wario, pac-man, chizzard, and suprisingly to me ness. One guy ahead of me left. I ended up getting my order in for Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack which is what I was going for. Paid full in cash. Employee had to put my information in twice but luckily it got in and I left a bit after 5. Almost 2 hours standing in line but it was kind of fun listening to the other gamers in there and watching them play their 3ds's. I was surprised Ness survived that long and figured it being an exclusive to gamestop would greatly reduce the chance of getting one but I actually think it helped since apparently Nintendo either made more of him or the same amount as the other non exclusives but since gamestop had them all and systems not working fast enough to check people out I guess worked together for me to hopefully lock one in. I still won't believe it until I see it.

I am so done with these (and I only have Pikachu and Toad), if I cannot walk into a store and buy it then I don't want it. Too much trouble. The site wasn't even up and running. I am not standing in a tiny crowded store to get a plastic figure for most of my day. Thanks but no thanks Nintendo. If you keep doing this I will no longer buy your games or systems if they are not easily available.
I have them all so far and I'm done. I guess I didn't think it through and see this going on and on and on.... First, a "Super Mario" series and now a "Splatoon" and "Yoshi's Wooly World" series? That's enough for me. I'm not going to be a completist. Even if I were to stick to the SSB line, they've made it too difficult and I'm done with ebay prices (which I only paid for two of them). I've never really had any problem pre-ordering yet. Wave 3 was able to be pre-ordered for quite awhile. Gamestop took pre-orders for Shulk for awhile. The only exclusive I wasn't able to pre-order was Rosalina (and Gold Mario) and I had no problem walking into Target and getting it. But, wave 4 has been a mess and if it requires hitting refresh 24 hours a day to get these or hang out at Gamestop, forget it. This was pretty silly for me to get into anyway. I was semi-interested as a Nintendo fanboy, saw how small the figures were in person, then decided I did not need to collect little figures. A week later, some started to become hard to find and I'm suddenly all-in. It's a sickness. The figures are getting nicer (I wish the early figures looked as good as the Super Mario figures), but it's not worth the hassle.

True on the resellers, no question. However, I disagree with Nintendo knowing what they're doing in this case. Overseas, amiibos are sold in a much more accurate ratio for supply/demand. Here, we're not so fortunate.

Overseas does not have the same reseller/scalper market that we have here. I've said it before that I attribute most of that to the easy return policy. Scalpers have no risk in the U.S., unlike the rest of the world where returns can be near impossible in most countries.

so 4 am west coast time for toysrus pre-orders ha h a... ha here's to red bull and pokemon all night
4am..absolutely RIDICULOUS but I will do this if this is the guaranteed time. I will just get on my iPad and have the credit card ready to go. I can't believe that I am willing to get up at 4am to buy amiibos online, UGH, but considering I couldn't get ONE today I am willing to do this..but if I see nothing at 4am I will just go back to bed and whatever happens, happens. Just want Pac-Man, Wario, and the splatoon bundle and thats it

I have them all so far and I'm done. I guess I didn't think it through and see this going on and on and on.... First, a "Super Mario" series and now a "Splatoon" and "Yoshi's Wooly World" series? That's enough for me. I'm not going to be a completist. Even if I were to stick to the SSB line, they've made it too difficult and I'm done with ebay prices (which I only paid for two of them). I've never really had any problem pre-ordering yet. Wave 3 was able to be pre-ordered for quite awhile. Gamestop took pre-orders for Shulk for awhile. The only exclusive I wasn't able to pre-order was Rosalina (and Gold Mario) and I had no problem walking into Target and getting it. But, wave 4 has been a mess and if it requires hitting refresh 24 hours a day to get these or hang out at Gamestop, forget it. This was pretty silly for me to get into anyway. I was semi-interested as a Nintendo fanboy, saw how small the figures were in person, then decided I did not need to collect little figures. A week later, some started to become hard to find and I'm suddenly all-in. It's a sickness. The figures are getting nicer (I wish the early figures looked as good as the Super Mario figures), but it's not worth the hassle.
I am guessing their next move is to make one for every Pokemon which at this point I can't put it past them. If this happens I will be done with modern video games and I will retreat to my retro room and my hundreds of backlogged games which are actually full games on discs. I am a big Pokemon fan so I would like to get the Pokemon Amiibo. I stupidly forgot to preorder Lucario when I was making my Christmas order, but that is my fault. I have pikachu and toad and now I feel like I spent too much for these already and that money could have went to purchase some cheaper steam games or something that I might actually use instead of a figure that just sits there.

I know this is making excuses but there is no way retailers in the USA can handle what Nintendo is doing with Amiibo. We don't have toy stores like Japan does (they have toy stores the size of the largest American shopping malls). The retailers in the USA simply cannot stock all the amiibo, or they would have to devote the ENTIRE toy section to just stocking amiibo, leaving no room for anything else (based on the size of toy departments in some of my local retail stores). Its ridiculous to expect Target or Walmart to stock a full line of Amiibo when there are so many, the shelf space they would take up would be incredible. Gamestop is also a very tiny store, and doesn't have a huge section to dedicate to amiibo. There will easily be hundreds of these by the time Nintendo is done with them, and they are coming at a fast and furious pace. The only retailer that could possibly handle this is Toys R Us, and even then they would have to remove other products to make room for a very large shelf for amiibo's in order to stock them all. So literately the only way for them to do this is to short supply amiibo to retailers. Though that does not make excuses for online sales, because they could sell them on their own website easily online, but if club Nintendo can't handle the traffic then I am not sure the official Nintendo website could either.

I think Nintendo should be putting resources into actually developing full games instead of putting all their resources into creating more and more amiibo. This is a company that resisted DLC and Mobile games for so long and said they would never do it but now they are doing it moreso than any other company, and making it near impossible to obtain (even beanie babies were never this hard to get). They also keep putting out free to play games on the 3DS, that are really pay per play games, and the pay per plays of these games are extreme (Pokemon shuffle). They could be allocating resources into making good, full games, or finishing Zelda and releasing it on time instead. Eventually consumers will get sick of it and this will end up just like Beanie Babies. Its good for the short term profit though if you are lucky enough to be able to obtain these figures but I wouldn't hold them for a long term investment. I question why I am spending so much on Nintendo games (and waiting so long for them) when there are products out there that offer a better value.

Even skylanders are a better value right now, at least you can use them as a playable character in the game, and right now they are relatively easy to find.
Game companies (especially big budget ones like Nintendo) aren't doing one thing at a time. They have multiple teams and divisions working on multiple things that all relate to each other in some way. Amiibo's, though racking in big bucks, is just one part of their operation that includes advertising, toys (besides amiibo's), food, anime and most of all games which they are making a shitton on money on... mainly from the 3DS.

We all complain about Nintendo's amiibo situation but let's sit back and look at the amount of money they are making in different medias including gaming. At the end of the day, they still sell out of amiibos (at least here in America) and have already made over 1 billion on them in sales (not just shipped to store).

I doubt they will do Amiibo for a Pokemon line. Their Amiibo for Animal crossing is cards and not actual Amiibo so if anything they would do that for pokemon

Funny how with Amiibo, CAG users (and many others elsewhere) openly embrace the idea of Nintendo creating manufactured shortages to perpetuate the mania, but when I said the same thing about the Wii back in '06-'07, I got nothing but berated and nominated for CAG Villain.

Not bitter, just amused. And kinda vindicated. Only took, what, eight years?
well, it sucks but nintendo makes sure to put PR to address it such as: there's manufacturing shortages and uses some b.s. like we use boats for heavier shipments but lighter stuff we use airmail and our amiibo's are stuck on the boats. oh wait... the amiibos are light? then err it's the n3ds we put on the boats, the amiibos we'll be reprinting more shortly like shulk and marth... so please don't worry. arigato we're Japanese so we'll be polite and bring best product to you, stay tuned for further annoucements :) smile for the cameras... blah blah blah...

I doubt they will do Amiibo for a Pokemon line. Their Amiibo for Animal crossing is cards and not actual Amiibo so if anything they would do that for pokemon
Which (at least in my eyes) sucks. Because Pokemon cards already exist, and the TCG is already a popular online franchise. Whereas most Pokemon figures in existence are of low quality. I just wanted some nice Pokemon figurines--the in-game functionality was a plus but not necessary for me.

Is there any chance that the wave 4 amiibos(Im talking about Pac-Man, Wario, Charizard, and the splatoon bundle) will be available in store on release day at Target, Best Buy, etc..I dont mean the exclusive amiibos just the regular ones

They gotta put something on those shelves so I would think so. How long they last is another matter.
I know things were crazy for the Mario Party 10 amiibos and you can find them everywhere now..my local Target has them all stacked up no one buys them..hope that is the case for these amiibos when they come out

Almost the whole Nintendo Direct was DLC lol
Yeah, no.

• N64 and DS games added to the virtual console
  • Release date updates on Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wolly World and Splatoon
  • Puzzle & Dragons Z and Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition demo coming this month
  • Fatal Frame WiiU coming to America
  • new Fire Emblem in 2016
  • Amiibo cards
  • Shin Megami X Fire Emblem coming to America
  • Indie games: forma.8, Nova-111, Windup Knight 2, Shutsshimi, Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, The Bridge, Lionel City Builder 3D: Rise of the Rails, Swords & Soldiers 2, Dot Arcade, Dooors, Race the Sun, to name a few

Only DLC that was talked about was for Smash and MK8.

Considering a Nintendo Direct is held everything month, they do do a good job of keeping their customers informed and updated on what they are doing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/heres-every-eshop-title-from-todays-nintendo-direct?abthid=551c85d009ffa76e16000051

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/02/heres-all-the-news-from-aprils-nintendo-direct

I know it by internet time that 6 hours ago is forever, but I went to gamestop at 3 trying to get Ness. Left with only charizard and Wario.

extremely disappointed that I waited so long (about hour and half). Online only for me in the future.

In terms of the main Amiibo mess that happened today:

• TARGET: Missed out on the Jigglypuff pre-order at 11:30 AM, but am hoping to get one now while the "pre-order now' box is red.
  • BEST BUY: Missed out on the Fire Emblem Amiibos, but was able to snag a Pac-Man
  • GAMESTOP: Was able to pre-order the six Amiibo Wave 4 bundle.

I about spit my beer out as I just hit F5 for the 30th time while playing Story of Seasons.  I had 2 in my cart then reduced it to 1 then it proceed to check out.  It's still thinking but I'm afraid to close out the window.  I hate this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back