Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally caught up with this thread and after reading certain comments I don't see why anybody should seriously consider taking the day off work to pick up Wave 4. If you calculate the amount of money you give up to show up to TRU on release day, you're probably doing yourself a disservice. To each his own, but when you factor in lost wages, work disruption, standing out in line in the cold, no guarantee to even get one, etc. I would argue you're better off just buying it around release day on eBay. The past store exclusives have gone for $40 on the secondary market on day one. You also have to consider the convenience factor of having it shipped to you albeit at a markup.

I get the whole principle of not buying it online from a scalper but I just think some folks are sacrificing too much just to make a point.
Finally.

fuck I checked out and it got removed upon order submission, oh well gives me some hope at least that it might come back again. At least I trapped a ninja in my cart for the next time it goes up, you will be mine!

Props to my brother for letting me know about toys r us greninja last night, snagged one just in time :)

I had an easier time getting my 20th Ann. PS4 than some of these...I looked around and haven't seen Greninja on any non-US sites, has it been available previously on Play-Asia / Yes Asia / Amazon.de or any? I looked and haven't found any pages, now maybe we need to be ready to snag from one of those places.  I have a Villager (JP) ordered from Yes Asia and I've had good results with Amazon.it previously.  *I open all of mine so no worries on packaging*

Anyways, good luck everyone! I'm off work today for Good Friday so F5'ing TRU since I got up!

Greninja and jiggly puff were just announced yesterday so it makes sense that foreign sites haven't put them up yet. It looks like nintendo is prioritizing the U.S. But they're still not making enough.

The amount of fervor for figures people wouldn't even want but for the perceived rarity shows you exactly why retailers and Nintendo are approaching it this way. It's an endless cycle.

I guaran-damn-tee you that if Toad was in full supply along the lines of Mario or Peach that not nearly as many people would be even thinking twice about picking it up.
No kidding. I saw that Wii Fit Trainer amiibo and thought "who would ever want that?" Oh, it's hard to get? I guess I do!

But then again, there's those of us who legitamately wanted Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Pitt, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. But, too bad, since there's none to go around.Totally agree on Villager and WFT though. 

I just want to get a pac man figure. You guys can have all the pokemon you want, just give me my big yellow dot that eats little white dots!

Greninja and jiggly puff were just announced yesterday so it makes sense that foreign sites haven't put them up yet. It looks like nintendo is prioritizing the U.S. But they're still not making enough.
They're certainly not prioritizing the U.S., just look at their upcoming amiibo release schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if other countries held off so that less U.S. customers would buy their stock.

They're certainly not prioritizing the U.S., just look at their upcoming amiibo release schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if other countries held off so that less U.S. customers would buy their stock.
This makes more sense.

I assume these things will be even harder to find.

But then again, there's those of us who legitamately wanted Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Pitt, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. But, too bad, since there's none to go around.Totally agree on Villager and WFT though.
Oh yeah, no doubt. There's definitely people out there whose favorite character is Toad or whatever. There are seemingly even more people out there who want the character only because of the perceived short supply of it ("teh rarez!").

someone on reddit is reporting that theres a memo saying that greninja preorders will be in store next week some time. http://i.imgur.com/hO4HOGy.jpg

and then there is this from facebook stating april 27 http://imgur.com/iSREjdy
Thank's for posting! I was curious and popped on over to the Toysrus Facebook page and it looks like it's someone's job for the day to reply to every Greninja related post with the same response lol

Oh yeah, no doubt. There's definitely people out there whose favorite character is Toad or whatever. There are seemingly even more people out there who want the character only because of the perceived short supply of it ("teh rarez!").
I don't know if I can say there are more scalpers/bandwagoners than actual fans. There are certainly plenty of fans that would have bought their favorite Nintendo figures but either go without or hit up ebay. Either way, that's not big N's money. And, as we saw on the twitter feed some pages back, fans of the games aren't really fans of Nintendo anymore. It's still hard to tell whether the bad word of mouth is gonna hurt them in the long run or not. I haven't met a happy fan in a looong time. There's always a problem, whether it's product supply, merchandise supply, the lackluster new games, or the rewards program discontinuation.

Free at last, I'm free at last! My son informed me last night he's "just no longer interested in Amiibo's", which saves me from myself and my compulsion to collect them all for him. Which is a good thing, because at this rate it was looking like I was going to end up committing felonies to secure them all from these next waves  :p

That makes sense but we also know that over half of all amiibos go to the US and we still sell out.

I don't know if I can say there are more scalpers/bandwagoners. There are certainly plenty of fans that would have bought their favorite Nintendo figures but either go without or hit up ebay. Either way, that's not big N's money. And, as we saw on the twitter feed some pages back, fans of the games aren't really fans of Nintendo anymore. It's still hard to tell whether the bad word of mouth is gonna hurt them in the long run or not. I haven't met a happy fan in a looong time. There's always a problem, whether it's product supply, merchandise supply, the lackluster new games, or the rewards program discontinuation.
Yet they are the only ones making quality games while all the others release broken day one games
h6B4qrc.png

Free at last, I'm free at last! My son informed me last night he's "just no longer interested in Amiibo's", which saves me from myself and my compulsion to collect them all for him. Which is a good thing, because at this rate it was looking like I was going to end up committing felonies to secure them all from these next waves :p
No one is ever truly free from this Amiibo game.

Yet they are the only ones making quality games while all the others release broken day one games
h6B4qrc.png
Note: The above opinion on new Nintendo games is not mine, but it is what I hear every time the conservation goes in that direction. We all should know by now that Mario Party 10 and Codename Steam didn't do as well as big N would've hoped. Buggy games on other consoles aside.

Actually, now that I think about it...no one was happy with the latest Smash Bros game either. The only game that was well-rated by those I've spoken with was the 3DS port of Majora's Mask. No complaints there, but does the port count? I'm not sure...

That makes sense but we also know that over half of all amiibos go to the US and we still sell out.
That's true, but sending us over half of not enough amiibo is still not enough. :)

Thank's for posting! I was curious and popped on over to the Toysrus Facebook page and it looks like it's someone's job for the day to reply to every Greninja related post with the same response lol
If they do that on a Monday, I'll also have to miss that. They open too late for me to go before work.

Really? I think the newest Smash Bros. title is the best one yet, but I dunno how valid my opinion necessarily is.
I have 3 kids 17/16/11 that have played Smash since the GC days and they love the game to death. I buy all of the amiibos for them, never for resell. As a parent who isn't good at the game, i have fun watching the mayhem.

I'm so happy I was able to get Lucina and Robin on BB, props to that dude with the Gumshoe avatar, can't remember his name, the only amiibos I even wanted.  Paid $34 after shipping and GCU.  I've heard people have gotten their orders cancelled, some who ordered only 1, I'll be devastated if they're cancelled for some reason.

Really? I think the newest Smash Bros. title is the best one yet, but I dunno how valid my opinion necessarily is.
I didn't see anything wrong with the latest installment either--other than making new characters like Mewtwo and Lucas DLC. But I've only been Smashin' since Brawl (which is sucked apparently?). I've never played Melee on GameCube, the one these people hail as the best Smash of all time.

I don't know if I can say there are more scalpers/bandwagoners than actual fans. There are certainly plenty of fans that would have bought their favorite Nintendo figures but either go without or hit up ebay. Either way, that's not big N's money. And, as we saw on the twitter feed some pages back, fans of the games aren't really fans of Nintendo anymore. It's still hard to tell whether the bad word of mouth is gonna hurt them in the long run or not. I haven't met a happy fan in a looong time. There's always a problem, whether it's product supply, merchandise supply, the lackluster new games, or the rewards program discontinuation.
You misunderstand, I'm not talking about scalping. I'm talking about the average folks who have convinced themselves they need certain characters only because of their perceived rarity. Scalping is a whole other can of worms in this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back