Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Why must Gamestop put these ugly huge stickers on there Amiibos? I had the guy peel mine off when i bought Sonic and told him that if that sticker doesn't come off without peeling the cardboard then I am not buying it.
What really happened is that you took it home and peeled it off yourself.

No I had the guy peel it off. It didn't bother him and no I don't feel like a dick for having him do it. I'm the customer and I'm trying to keep mine unopened. I just don't see a point in the sticker that's all, there's a barcode on the back and they can just scan that.

If anyone is still looking for fox they have at least 6 of them at best buy in downers grove but they're not in the amiibo section, they're on an aisle display with a bunch of skylanders stuff, actually found a smash bros with gamecube adapter and controller there too

God damnit.. I had BB Splatoon Girl in my cart.. I got up for one min, freaking out to use my other credit card, said nono go order it, check back, removed from cart.. sigh. Now its gone again.

via reddit

More Wave opportunities 
1 - Wal Mart
-Online preorders

-In store preorders unlikely (never done for previous Waves)

-Launch day line up

2 - Toys R Us
-April 27th in store Greninja preorder day

-Splatoon never put up on website

-In store preorders unlikely (only Greninja announced for in store)

-Launch day line up

3 - Amazon
-Everything up as placeholders, waiting on preorders to go live

4 - BestBuy
-Possible online preorder restocks (Splatoon most likely)

-Launch day line up

5- Target
-Online preorders (only Jigglypuff has gone up)

-In store preorders unlikely (never done for previous Waves - rumours of preorder cards)

-Launch day lineup

6 - GameStop
-Who knows, they made it seem all stock was gone online and in store

via reddit

More Wave opportunities
1 - Wal Mart
-Online preorders

-In store preorders unlikely (never done for previous Waves)

-Launch day line up

2 - Toys R Us
-April 27th in store Greninja preorder day

-Splatoon never put up on website

-In store preorders unlikely (only Greninja announced for in store)

-Launch day line up

3 - Amazon
-Everything up as placeholders, waiting on preorders to go live

4 - BestBuy
-Possible online preorder restocks (Splatoon most likely)

-Launch day line up

5- Target
-Online preorders (only Jigglypuff has gone up)

-In store preorders unlikely (never done for previous Waves - rumours of preorder cards)

-Launch day lineup

6 - GameStop
-Who knows, they made it seem all stock was gone online and in store
Hopefully Target will have Pac-Man, Wario, Charizard, and Splatoon bundle available for pre order would love to get them from Target either in store on release day or online

I wish I had even known about Splatoon amiibos... Here is what I get for missing Nintendos event news... I wouldve probably been able to get it too.

Instead, just get Ness and Charizard... which Ness Ill be trading for Lucina most likely once its in my hand and they have Lucina.

If anyone is still looking for fox they have at least 6 of them at best buy in downers grove but they're not in the amiibo section, they're on an aisle display with a bunch of skylanders stuff, actually found a smash bros with gamecube adapter and controller there too
can you grab one and ship it to me. in california i cant find one to save my life!

You struck good Smash bros Bundle go for well above MSRP , did you get a discount with GCU on top of that?

Did the buy 1/40% off 2nd deal at TRU. Opened up a toon link and megaman since they're so common (and just toys at the end of the day) so I figured why not.

I'll probably leave my Ness and Robin in the box though.

Woo, a successful week of Amiibo hunting.  On Sunday, I picked up a Kirby at Target.  I tried to find a Toad, and no Target or Best Buy (I've got GCU) had them.  I went and had a busy week at work, so I dropped the search until Friday when I remember that I wanted a Toad this week to take advantage of the sale.  I call up a Target that's listed online as having Toad in stock, and they inform me they just sold the last one.

Today I'm out running errands, so I add Amiibo hunting to my todo list.  I call around, and learn the local Toys 'R Us has a Toad in stock.  I go hit them up, and grab a SMB series Peach to go with Toad.  I then ask if they'll pricematch Target, and they do, so I still get Target's excellent price on both figures!

At this point, I'm almost done.  I've got a Kirby, Toad, and Peach.  I like my figure collections to be gender-balanced, so I look over the available Amiibos to pick another woman that I like, and I see Samus got a figure early on.  A search online shows that my local Target has a Samus in stock, so I swing by there.  It's not on the shelf, of course, and they can't find them in back.  Bah!  I go off to do other stuff, and end up in another part of town.  I do another search of local Targets, and get another hit at a Target that's on the way home.  I hit them up, and again it's not on the shelf, so I ask if it's in back.  I give the Target clerk the DCPI number from the Target app, and off they go.  5 mins later, I've got a Samus figure in hand!  Huzzah!

Finally home, with my 4 figure Amiibo collection, and I'm content.  No more hectic shopping and hunting for me.  Although that Splatoon squid looks pretty nifty... :whistle2:

Woo, a successful week of Amiibo hunting. On Sunday, I picked up a Kirby at Target. I tried to find a Toad, and no Target or Best Buy (I've got GCU) had them. I went and had a busy week at work, so I dropped the search until Friday when I remember that I wanted a Toad this week to take advantage of the sale. I call up a Target that's listed online as having Toad in stock, and they inform me they just sold the last one.

Today I'm out running errands, so I add Amiibo hunting to my todo list. I call around, and learn the local Toys 'R Us has a Toad in stock. I go hit them up, and grab a SMB series Peach to go with Toad. I then ask if they'll pricematch Target, and they do, so I still get Target's excellent price on both figures!

At this point, I'm almost done. I've got a Kirby, Toad, and Peach. I like my figure collections to be gender-balanced, so I look over the available Amiibos to pick another woman that I like, and I see Samus got a figure early on. A search online shows that my local Target has a Samus in stock, so I swing by there. It's not on the shelf, of course, and they can't find them in back. Bah! I go off to do other stuff, and end up in another part of town. I do another search of local Targets, and get another hit at a Target that's on the way home. I hit them up, and again it's not on the shelf, so I ask if it's in back. I give the Target clerk the DCPI number from the Target app, and off they go. 5 mins later, I've got a Samus figure in hand! Huzzah!

Finally home, with my 4 figure Amiibo collection, and I'm content. No more hectic shopping and hunting for me. Although that Splatoon squid looks pretty nifty... :whistle2:
I wish I could be content. But I just cant, I'm too far gone.

lol some can drink however much they like and walk away, while others become drunks with the first sip. Glad you're not in that sad shape most of us are in. :)

Tbh, more and more in the news, social media, etc, seems Wave 4 was the breaking point for many to just give up and not care anymore.

Whats sad is... I learned I need to get a Shulk now, only for Xenoblade.. otherwise whats the point of having a newer version if I dont fully utilize it... >.>

If I were to have guessed about my chances of getting a Lucina amiibo or Wiscy beating KY, I would have bet on the amiibo.

Now I am really scared for my Lucina chances...

seniors were playing a bunch of freshmen, they'll be fine. all of them will go lottery.

damn more upset i can't stay up tonight. i hope nothing opens up.

I saw a Toad in the wild at FYE today. It was really beaten up, and definitely a return from a collector. I was going to pick it up, but I picked it up and checked the price tag - $17.99, plus tax. I laughed and put it back. I kind of wanted it for Mario Party, but definitely not worth it at that price for me personally.

I saw a Toad in the wild at FYE today. It was really beaten up, and definitely a return from a collector. I was going to pick it up, but I picked it up and checked the price tag - $17.99, plus tax. I laughed and put it back. I kind of wanted it for Mario Party, but definitely not worth it at that price for me personally.
$17.99?! Why are they allowed to do that...

$17.99?! Why are they allowed to do that...
MSRP = Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price .. technically these stores can price them at any point, but since most of them have price match guarantees, what's the point in pricing any differently?

Technically, TRU is already "overpricing" them at $13.99 rather than $12.99

And FYE probably wonders why no one shops at their stores. One mall near me had 3 FYE's (techincally 2 malls connected with a walkway), another mall had 2 stores and another mall had 1. Of those 6 stores, 1 is left. I know their stores are a ripoff on music and movies but I always had thought the games and gaming items were in similar price to other stores which I guess isn't the case anymore.

The harder these are to get, the more I am motivated to get them. If everything was a common then I would have never entered the amiibo bandwagon. These are just cheap $6 toys they are selling for $13. Being hard to find is a good thing imo. It's an attribute that attracted me to comics.
Eh? I buy Star Wars, Transformers & Lego mainly. If they look cool enough I buy them. Plain and simple. I don't care about the resell value or how rare they are. I like to see them in person if i can(Lego has a few shots of what they look like on box at least). Right now the quality on Star Wars and the Transformers toys is laughable at best(LEGO sets with many stickers erk me a bit too).

The 5 amiibo that I have purchased have all been for a discount but I also thought they were cool/good looking. Zelda, Toon Link, Luigi, Toad, & SMBowser(similiar pose but that color really beams). I have passed on Wii Fit Trainer & Ike in store because I didn't like the quality or had zero interest with them. I would also pass on Marth every time because his face is on par with mega man meme derp face & it looks like most of his swords are bent like regular Link(dat yellow stand doesn't help either).

The hype around these toys can give you that thrill of the hunt but at the end of the day for me at least, it's because I'm passionate about the toy itself, not the fluff around it. Sure, It's nice knowing that your toys hold some value after purchase but I could really care less because as my gf has told me, "It's not like your gonna sell them anyway." :p

Just my 2 cents.

Upcoming amiibo Figures in their Packaging
SSB Wave 4b, 5a, 5b, Yarn Yoshi, Splatoon amiibo Figures
http://imgur.com/a/Ed9y4/all
http://imgur.com/a/Ed9y4
Considering how crazy Wave 4 has been, I can only imagine the craze for Ganon, Zero Suit Samus, and the Yarn Yoshis - I NEED a yarn yoshi.

I'm locked in for the whole wave 4 except Jigglypuff and Greninja, I might try to get my hands on another Robin or Lucina just for trade

No I had the guy peel it off. It didn't bother him and no I don't feel like a dick for having him do it. I'm the customer and I'm trying to keep mine unopened. I just don't see a point in the sticker that's all, there's a barcode on the back and they can just scan that.
Because it's a Toy and meant to be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back