Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see some of the beanie baby comparison...sure we aren't buying them for investment, but not everyone was buying beanie babies for investing either. I'm sure there are also quite a few people, especially the ones that buy $50+ Amiibos off ebay that think their value will hold or go up. I don't think Nintendo will keep releasing them at the rate they are, eventually people will burn out. When that happens I imagine Nintendo will release the "rare" ones again, which will kill peoples "investment".
That's pretty much it, and while some people hate the comparision, it's still fairly apt.

There is no way that Nintendo will keep releasing Amiibo figures at the rate they are. It's pretty clear they see the way they want to approach it is cyclical releases accompanying the software they work with. However, they started with the product that spawns just about the largest possible line. Most other games might be able to offer MAYBE 5-7 figures. Mario Party, Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi, etc... that's easy enough to pack into one shipping case, and have stores refresh their shelves over and over out of that one packout, likely being more and more balanced pack outs.

Smash Brothers Series is a bit of a 500lb gorilla in the room because there are 51 possible characters. There are toylines that have been around for YEARS- some more than a decade- that will never even make 51 characters over the lifetime of their product. Nintendo is trying to jam all of this out in the span of a year or two. That comes at a cost somewhere- either they have to MASSIVELY increase production, which starts to increase costs exponentially, or they have to under produce some product, hoping to accurately gauge demand.

However, as Nintendo is, they aren't exactly the most transparent of companies. People are fear buying, because they honestly believe that after these figures are made, they'll never be made again.

This leads to an awkward situation, and leads to those bubble situations. Go through the thread and read how many people are saying they're buying more than one figure- either "for a friend", "to trade", or "to turn a profit". There is absolutely no way that the current market actually reflects the true demand for the product. While there are plenty of people who are just trying to buy one of any particular figure because they want that figure, I'd expect the demand you see is actually inflated by 25% or more... because people know that if they buy a currently "rare" figure, they can trade it for a "rare" figure they missed OR sell it for a quick $20+ profit.

At some point, that extra demand will go away. While there is a fanbase and the product will never be worthless, this IS a market begging for a crash or at least a correction. It won't happen tomorrow, obviously- it's starting to hit another fever pitch- but in a year or two when they've pushed out the entire smash line, and are starting to pump out variants or resculpts to go with whatever the new product is being launched that month... most of these figures will fall back to close to retail.

Missed nothing. TRU teases with 1 at 7am, then sold out again, so who knows whats up. Everything else, no word. I am waiting to hear from Nintendo over this situation. Kinda wish we had a E3 or something for them to answer this question live. "Will everyone ever have a fair chance to get the amiibo they want, or will Nintendo keep under producing the stock"

It's weird to me that there is such a limited selection of commons currently available on Amazon.  You would think that would be one place where you could reliably find all, or at least most, of the commons.  The 25% off sale combined with all of this wave 4 craziness got me wanting to buy another and the options were only Mario, Luigi, Link, Pikachu, Bowser, and Toon Link.

Small rumors say that Marth reprint will be listed on Amazon along with the other wave 4. Not sure if that's true but it's not far fetch since it was suppose to come out on May aswell.

And Pacman was on BB for a split second again. Swear, this stuff needs to change for these sites. No one wants to pay on ebay till after launch day case of in store luckiness.

And Pacman was on BB for a split second again. Swear, this stuff needs to change for these sites. No one wants to pay on ebay till after launch day case of in store luckiness.
I have a strong feeling Pacman is this wave's common. I HOPE Wario is too because I sorta want him. The quality looks as good as D3's

I wouldn't start thinking about ebay until after the amiibos launch.  I know a lot of people are frustrated but lets be real, it's still almost 7 weeks before these things are out.  There will be more chances to pre-order and there's always launch day.  On wave 3 I seen about half of them instore either on day of or a week or two later.  It's way to early to be throwing in the towel.  Pit's the only one that I was not able to secure in store so I ended up buying him on ebay after waiting a couple of weeks.  Of course each wave seems to be growing in fervor so it's difficult to say with certainty. 

I was able to preorder all of wave 4 (minus Greninja andJ Jiggly Puff) on play-asia for like $23 each shipped. 

People said I was crazy at the time. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I got Jiggly Puff preordered at Target. Nothing on Greninja, but I have no problem importing or paying a little more on eBay.

I open them all and couldn't care less about the packaging.  

No need for me to go to stores, or spend hours F5ing. Sometimes its worth it pay more for convenience. 

There's no guarantee these things will hold value forever. For example, about 15 years ago there was a very popular Simpsons action figure line, they had action figures, playsets, hard to find exclusives, hoarders and scalpers buying them up and reselling at a premium, the whole deal. Guess what, eventually the line ended, interest waned, and today they are worth nothing and can't be sold for free. The point is, just because something is hot today, doesn't mean it can't cool off in the long run.

If nintendo is going to produce in such limited numbers in fear of overstock issues then why not just sell them in sets? This way they produce the same number of each figure and sell them through their own dedicated amiibo online store. When I say sets I mean sets of 6 which is generally how the waves are anyways. They could even do presells were they give you maybe a 2-4 week order window and then they know exactly how many to have produced. Everyone pretty much wins with this setup. Far too logical thinking though for nintendo's marketing department. 

There's no guarantee these things will hold value forever. For example, about 15 years ago there was a very popular Simpsons action figure line, they had action figures, playsets, hard to find exclusives, hoarders and scalpers buying them up and reselling at a premium, the whole deal. Guess what, eventually the line ended, interest waned, and today they are worth nothing and can't be sold for free. The point is, just because something is hot today, doesn't mean it can't cool off in the long run.
I think it depends on certain factors that we can't control. Specially with the Simpsons the popularity of that series is a roller coaster and I'm sure the value of its collectables work the same way. With Amiibos you have established franchise with some characters being from franchises very rarely represented in toy form. Combine that with the fact this does have in game added support. I think the value will stay decent.

If nintendo is going to produce in such limited numbers in fear of overstock issues then why not just sell them in sets? This way they produce the same number of each figure and sell them through their own dedicated amiibo online store. When I say sets I mean sets of 6 which is generally how the waves are anyways. They could even do presells were they give you maybe a 2-4 week order window and then they know exactly how many to have produced. Everyone pretty much wins with this setup. Far too logical thinking though for nintendo's marketing department.
You understand that the production on these things from idea, to design, to prototype, to factory production, to shipping, to store shelves, generally takes about a year. There is absolutely no way to take the orders first, then use that to determine production numbers.

Bet the preorders go live while im in church.

Last time I tried using my phone here some random lady smacked my hand
For real? Most people at my church put their phones away but I do see it occasionally and no one would ever slap someone's hand.

I think it depends on certain factors that we can't control. Specially with the Simpsons the popularity of that series is a roller coaster and I'm sure the value of its collectables work the same way. With Amiibos you have established franchise with some characters being from franchises very rarely represented in toy form. Combine that with the fact this does have in game added support. I think the value will stay decent.
Nintendo popularity is no less a roller coaster. Some of us have kids and they have no interest in Nintendo at all. In fact, when I took my kids to the Rosalina line-up at Target, of the 25 people there, I was the only one with kids and frankly, the typical person in line was a 20-30 year old male. 10-20 years from now, those people will be in their 40s and 50s and I find it hard to believe that most of them will care about Amiibos with the same passion. People can criticize the Beanie Baby analogies all they want, but Amiibos are exactly the same kind of craze only instead of middle aged women, it's young and middle aged men.

I also collected the world of Springfield figures and don't remember having any issues finding them........except for that radioactive homer:) I sold off the majority of them quite a few years ago and would love to have a complete set again. I would spend a good amount more than the current value of "free". Such a fun toy line to collect

Nintendo popularity is no less a roller coaster. Some of us have kids and they have no interest in Nintendo at all. In fact, when I took my kids to the Rosalina line-up at Target, of the 25 people there, I was the only one with kids and frankly, the typical person in line was a 20-30 year old male. 10-20 years from now, those people will be in their 40s and 50s and I find it hard to believe that most of them will care about Amiibos with the same passion. People can criticize the Beanie Baby analogies all they want, but Amiibos are exactly the same kind of craze only instead of middle aged women, it's young and middle aged men.
Beanie babies were routinely selling for hundreds to thousands of dollars. People were buying them for the expressed intention of investment. I am sure there are some resellers making money on them now, but I haven't heard a lot of people discussing how amiibos comprise 20-40% of their investment portfolio.

I think your analogy to beanie babies is very flawed. A better analogy would be the cabbage patch crazy where prices spiked on the dolls because many people wanted them and there was insufficient supply.

You understand that the production on these things from idea, to design, to prototype, to factory production, to shipping, to store shelves, generally takes about a year. There is absolutely no way to take the orders first, then use that to determine production numbers.
They can have the idea, design, prototype out of the way which is the majority of that time. The factory production with the numbers is all that would be needed so I'd imagine no longer than 2 or 3 month wait. Also, this method would end the process of shipping them to stores all over the country. They would go directly to a Big N warehouse ready for distribution. This method is still ridiculous though considering these things are obviously underpriced which is the primary reason for all the so called scalper problems. Plenty of ways to rectify the problem but the thing is Nintendo is helped by all this publicity so their probably smarter than I'm giving them credit for by causing all this amiibo hype. It's a bit too much though when my gamestop has a line of 20 people for 4 hours trying to get order in on wave 4's and only the first woman in line was able to get Robin and Lucina. Did Nintendo only have 10,000 or less of those produced or what?

You can't really call Nintendo a roller coaster. Mario is synonymous with video games, even if you are ingorant of games and want something, you'll ask for Mario games. He's more recognized in the world than Mickey mouse, but nobody judges Disney collectors. This isn't beanie babies. This is like the Disney doll collecting, but cheaper. I'm a 29 year old father and my kids appreciate me standing in line for toys while they sleep at home because they enjoy playing these games with me(even tho im beast in Smash)& will have great memories like disney movies.

They can have the idea, design, prototype out of the way which is the majority of that time. The factory production with the numbers is all that would be needed so I'd imagine no longer than 2 or 3 month wait. Also, this method would end the process of shipping them to stores all over the country. They would go directly to a Big N warehouse ready for distribution. This method is still ridiculous though considering these things are obviously underpriced which is the primary reason for all the so called scalper problems. Plenty of ways to rectify the problem but the thing is Nintendo is helped by all this publicity so their probably smarter than I'm giving them credit for by causing all this amiibo hype. It's a bit too much though when my gamestop has a line of 20 people for 4 hours trying to get order in on wave 4's and only the first woman in line was able to get Robin and Lucina. Did Nintendo only have 10,000 or less of those produced or what?
The factory production is what takes most time, lots of complicated logistics with running operations in China.

whelp, just got my Mario Party Mario Amiibo from amazon and just like every other amiibo I ordered from Amazon in the past, it came destroyed. Every single time they come dinged, bent, or otherwise damaged, Amazon really sucks at packing amiibos...

Inkling Boy now available for pre-order at Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-splatoon-series-inkling-boy-multi/6370114.p?id=1219661371310&skuId=6370114

Don't know if these will sell out or not...
Anyways... Inkling Girl and Three Pack of Splatoon amiibos still "Coming Soon" with no pre-order option yet... weird...
I followed the link and it says coming soon on mobile. I'm not worried though cause I already have a web instore for the splatoon bundle. I'd trade that in a heartbeat for Robin and Lucina though.

Trust me, Bestbuy has been doing it all day, but when you try to add one, it errors saying unable to add to cart. So not sure if its glitches in their system or them trolling us.

Inkling Boy now available for pre-order at Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-splatoon-series-inkling-boy-multi/6370114.p?id=1219661371310&skuId=6370114

Don't know if these will sell out or not...
Anyways... Inkling Girl and Three Pack of Splatoon amiibos still "Coming Soon" with no pre-order option yet... weird...
These already sold out on Friday on Bestbuy. They all say coming soon when it sells out. It got me with Final Fantasy Type 0 collectors edition. I waited for 3 weeks cause it said coming soon only to find out from someone on here that they sold out a week before I even discovered the page.

You can't really call Nintendo a roller coaster. Mario is synonymous with video games, even if you are ingorant of games and want something, you'll ask for Mario games. He's more recognized in the world than Mickey mouse, but nobody judges Disney collectors. This isn't beanie babies. This is like the Disney doll collecting, but cheaper. I'm a 29 year old father and my kids appreciate me standing in line for toys while they sleep at home because they enjoy playing these games with me(even tho im beast in Smash)& will have great memories like disney movies.
I can only speak from my experience as a parent of younger kids (7 and 9), but I will say that none of their friends have Nintendo consoles and frankly they don't care about them. My kids play Minecraft on tablets and PCs, the Lego games on Sony consoles and have literally zero interest in Nintendo games. I'm the only one in our household that cares about Nintendo or Amiibos and while Mario may be recognizable to people in their 20s and 30s, he's not relevant to younger kids as there are no Mario cartoons currently on nor is Mario on the tons of consumer products he was in the 80s and 90s. Disney has been aggressive about keeping Mickey and friends relevant to even the youngest kids with theme parks, cartoons, consumer products, etc... Nintendo has done no such thing and while those of us who remember fondly the NES, SNES, N64 and other Nintendo products may still love Mario, the next generation couldn't care less.

Man, I wouldve laughed if Nintendo really tried to smooth things over by saying "We dont have Turbomans, but we have plenty of Booster for everyone!"

I can only speak from my experience as a parent of younger kids (7 and 9), but I will say that none of their friends have Nintendo consoles and frankly they don't care about them. My kids play Minecraft on tablets and PCs, the Lego games on Sony consoles and have literally zero interest in Nintendo games. I'm the only one in our household that cares about Nintendo or Amiibos and while Mario may be recognizable to people in their 20s and 30s, he's not relevant to younger kids as there are no Mario cartoons currently on nor is Mario on the tons of consumer products he was in the 80s and 90s. Disney has been aggressive about keeping Mickey and friends relevant to even the youngest kids with theme parks, cartoons, consumer products, etc... Nintendo has done no such thing and while those of us who remember fondly the NES, SNES, N64 and other Nintendo products may still love Mario, the next generation couldn't care less.
And this is why they just struck the mobile deal.

That's simply not true, youtube has connected classic games with young kids. They simply just don't play games as much as we did as kids, but I've had my fair share of kids tell me about the history of Earthbound, Zelda etc like little experts because of youtube. I manage a game store, so all my daughters 2nd grade freinds find out and want to tell me what they know and they know a lot. I'm not disagreeing with your experience, but I know enough kids who love pokemon/mario/zelda etc to make me think twice before i ever said something ridiculous like "Nintendo is not relevant to younger kids"

And this is why they just struck the mobile deal.
I have a spoiled but well behaved 7 year old. We have all the systems and right now he plays Bloodborne, Smash, Minecraft and Disney Infinity. I think I am more interested in the amiibos. It's the chase more than anything but it is getting a little old and I did not start this journey until January. I was lucky with BB pre order, GS Ness/ Splatoon pack and FYE pre order. I will do a local trade for Greninja (Lucia or Robin).

I got my wifes 17 year old siblings to play some NES games and all they said was, "What no saves? This game is really hard!" LOL although they do play newer ones on 3ds and wii

I have a spoiled but well behaved 7 year old. We have all the systems and right now he plays Bloodborne, Smash, Minecraft and Disney Infinity. I think I am more interested in the amiibos. It's the chase more than anything but it is getting a little old and I did not start this journey until January. I was lucky with BB pre order, GS Ness/ Splatoon pack and FYE pre order. I will do a local trade for Greninja (Lucia or Robin).
is FYE taking preorders in store for amiibos ? i d

ont see anything online

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back