Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarcastic ass, lol! You're the lucky 10% (approximately) that got their orders fulfilled. Let me guess you managed to get either Captain Falcon, Little Mac or Pit?
No, wasn't trying to be sarcastic -- thought there maybe was some huge epic fiasco I missed out on in the past or something. I didn't trust any non- B&M stores (apart from Amazon) with any of my amiibo pre-orders just because it seemed like NOA would be sure to supply their bigger retailers first if there was a supply issue (which there seemed to be). I just meant that I've ordered other things from EE before and never had a single issue with them delivering it.

5 days to Mewtwo DLC

7 days to Amazon preorder (rumor)

17 days TRU instore preorders

??? Walmart preorders

??? Target wave 4 preorders online

I can't wait for this and MK8 DLC. It's a good month for Nintendo first party games.
I pretty hyped up for that too! Do you think, if you get 3 stars in every CC course (including 200), you'll get 3 three stars on your name, when you go online? I saw the new costumes, they're pretty neat, too bad I don't open my Amiibo lol (I don't mind I only use Peach).

For fear of sounding like a scalping-sympathizer and causing a ruckus, what's the "lol" about? Haven't sealed full amiibo collections (not including MP10 or Zelda MM) been going for well over that bid right now? Especially ones in "great" condition? Not turning this into a "reseller/flipper" debate at all, just honestly curious why this was such a big deal? Based on "market rates" for other auctions and all the effort he would've had to do to get all these, it seems like a legitimate auction?

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12632801" timestamp="1428695364"]Target said they wont be doing pre orders for the rest of wave 4. In store and online on release day[/quote

That was already announced.

My friend wanted me to go to local video game shop that sells anime stuff, and to my surprise I spotted a Fox Amiibo..

Then I went into RPG Mode: Fox acquired. LEVEL UP. Ding!

Best part was that it was for $12. Not some scalper price or anything. Just a right price!

Good day indeed!!

Sweet! Gamestop gave me a call out of the blue and let me order Robin and Lucina in addition to what I preordered earlier in store.

Memo: HBO Now is a new app I saw on ios. Its 15$ a month, gives you HBO.

(Those of us who have HBO via TV provider still get HBO Go free)

As for Toad, been talking to Gamestop people, Toad is now Common it seems. They get regular shipments of it. Plus as you know... not like Toad does anything unless SSB wants to make new DLC for it.

Memo: HBO Now is a new app I saw on ios. Its 15$ a month, gives you HBO.

(Those of us who have HBO via TV provider still get HBO Go free)

As for Toad, been talking to Gamestop people, Toad is now Common it seems. They get regular shipments of it. Plus as you know... not like Toad does anything unless SSB wants to make new DLC for it.
Gasp! Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker means nothing to you?!

jk, that hide n' seek game is hardly worth $12.99, and I feel similarly about the limited MP10 compatibility.

I'm at the hospital waiting to have my gallbladder removed. I go under around 11:30. Please watch Amazon as I'm sure pre-orders will coincide. You're welcome. ;)
I bet somebody here will trade you something rare for that gall bladder. Extra if it has stones.

jk, that hide n' seek game is hardly worth $12.99, and I feel similarly about the limited MP10 compatibility.
MP10 I wouldve cared about it if it didnt have the "car mode" still and if Stars meant something.. but alas, no.

And Toad game, is on sale on eshop for 27.99 right now. Not sure if thats worth it or not?

MP10 I wouldve cared about it if it didnt have the "car mode" still and if Stars meant something.. but alas, no.

And Toad game, is on sale on eshop for 27.99 right now. Not sure if thats worth it or not?
I wouldn't, but there are some fans of the game in this forum who would disagree probably. Not sure if it would ever reach $20, but that's the most I feel the game is worth. Wish I'd spent the money on something else.

Is Samus getting to be rare in anyone else's area? I wanted to try my hand at Dual Cannon Samus. I popped in 1 BB, 2 GS's, 1 Walmart, and 2 Targets that were in my way for today's errands, but not one Samus on the floor or in the back. I wonder if we're starting to reach the out-of-print point...I hope not. I still have several customs to do. :(

Just called Gamestop to confirm that my Ness preorder was fine because of the email that was going around the past few days. I was told by the Gamestop rep that another preorder will go up sometime next week after they cancel all the duplicate orders that was made last Tuesday. They are just trying to get an accurate count of inventory right now. From the way how he said it at first, it sounds like it would be only instore and it is up the manager of store to determine how they should be distributed. I am thinking the manger will contact those with preorders already to see if they wanted a certain amiibo that was sold out. Than he told me to check "Gamestop mass media" next week for announcement on when they are going to release more preorders instore and online.

I really don't know how accurate this information is because first he told me it was instore only than he mentioned online afterwards. He probably means WIS though.

BTW I didn't catch his name so hopefully it isn't Esteban. This is just my conversation with this rep and should not be taken as 100% confirmation of more preorders at Gamestop next week.

I just received a call from FYE, I made a preorder there back in January for the upcoming series. The thing that bothered me about the phone call is that the employee just tells me that they are no longer being made, which is really testing my intelligence. I ask to speak to a manager and the guy says he's one and tell me to pick up my money and that is all to it.

Anybody else get this phone call?

Just called Gamestop to confirm that my Ness preorder was fine because of the email that was going around the past few days. I was told by the Gamestop rep that another preorder will go up sometime next week after they cancel all the duplicate orders that was made last Tuesday. They are just trying to get an accurate count of inventory right now. From the way how he said it at first, it sounds like it would be only instore and it is up the manager of store to determine how they should be distributed. I am thinking the manger will contact those with preorders already to see if they wanted a certain amiibo that was sold out. Than he told me to check "Gamestop mass media" next week for announcement on when they are going to release more preorders instore and online.

I really don't know how accurate this information is because first he told me it was instore only than he mentioned online afterwards. He probably means WIS though.

BTW I didn't catch his name so hopefully it isn't Esteban. This is just my conversation with this rep and should not be taken as 100% confirmation of more preorders at Gamestop next week.
Looks like I'll be asking my manager to let me have an extended lunch so I can pre-order Ness. Glad he is a fan of amiibo as well so I should be golden.

I bet somebody here will trade you something rare for that gall bladder. Extra if it has stones.
Looking for Human Eyeballs (or any living creature actually) For Gold Mario and the store exclusives please there must be someone out there with extra eyeballs .

For me personally, I wanted a Toad amiibo no matter what and that fact that it works in Captain Toad: TT, one of my favorite Wii U games, plus Mario Party 10, one of...uh...the games on Wii U, was icing on the cake. Plus it's displayable, borrowable DLC. When buying a map pack you have no physical representation of it, and it's most certainly locked to your account if it's digital. I just borrowed Captain Toad + Toad amiibo to a friend so it's actually free for him and not $12.99. I was ecstatic for another reason to play Captain Toad again although if you want the amiibo strictly for the DLC properties most would agree it's not worth $13+tax.

I wouldn't, but there are some fans of the game in this forum who would disagree probably. Not sure if it would ever reach $20, but that's the most I feel the game is worth. Wish I'd spent the money on something else.
I agree! Or disagree! depending on how you look at it. I wouldn't pay that much for the digital copy myself, but I would encourage everyone to pick this up with GCU for $32 or any sort of sale you come across.

*My comments are solely the opinion of litepink, and not that of CheapAssGamer LLC or its subsidiaries, or any of its members. Any opinions stated are just that, and not of an argumentative matter in any way. A response to a quoted post ("the post") is not meant as a retort or conversation with the post, but merely a stepping off point for a reply made to display to the entire forum.

Price may vary in Alaska and Hawaii. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 to enter. Odds are dependent on how many entries are received. Many will enter, few will win.

*My comments are solely the opinion of litepink, and not that of CheapAssGamer LLC or its subsidiaries, or any of its members. Any opinions stated are just that, and not of an argumentative matter in any way. A response to a quoted post ("the post") is not meant as a retort or conversation with the post, but merely a stepping off point for a reply made to display to the entire forum.

Price may vary in Alaska and Hawaii. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 to enter. Odds are dependent on how many entries are received. Many will enter, few will win.
This thread just got extremely professional...

For me personally, I wanted a Toad amiibo no matter what and that fact that it works in Captain Toad: TT, one of my favorite Wii U games, plus Mario Party 10, one of...uh...the games on Wii U, was icing on the cake. Plus it's displayable, borrowable DLC. When buying a map pack you have no physical representation of it, and it's most certainly locked to your account if it's digital. I just borrowed Captain Toad + Toad amiibo to a friend so it's actually free for him and not $12.99. I was ecstatic for another reason to play Captain Toad again although if you want the amiibo strictly for the DLC properties most would agree it's not worth $13+tax.

I agree! Or disagree! depending on how you look at it. I wouldn't pay that much for the digital copy myself, but I would encourage everyone to pick this up with GCU for $32 or any sort of sale you come across.

lolololol terms and conditions at the bottom--nice touch. You've been struggling with the rough customers as of late, haven't you?

I agree that an amiibo is the best kind of DLC from the standpoint I actually "own" it. I just wish big N would've been a tad more imaginative with the functionality aspect. It's a drought for Toad so far.

I'm probably not as hot over the character of Toad as you and some others. And I thought Cap'n Toad suffered from the overly-easily disease many first party Nintendo games contract (Yoshi's New Island, Super Mario 3D World, so many other Mario platformers). The difficulty level may bother me after the first 30 minutes, but I'm sure there are several who find Cap'n Toad a solidly-fun title anyway.

If Toad ever gets added to SSB, you can bet I'd love to bludgeon a couple friends alongside him.

CAG has subsidiaries and is a LLC? Where have I been

I just received a call from FYE, I made a preorder there back in January for the upcoming series. The thing that bothered me about the phone call is that the employee just tells me that they are no longer being made, which is really testing my intelligence. I ask to speak to a manager and the guy says he's one and tell me to pick up my money and that is all to it.

Anybody else get this phone call?
It's confirmed.

I heard a rumor about it 2 weeks ago, but never received a phone call myself.

I just got back from the FYE I pre-ordered at, and they confirmed that all pre-orders have been cancelled and I was refunded my deposit.

I have never heard of FYE outside of this thread. Really sucks that FYE is canceling amiibo preorders without explanation. Do you think all preorders are being canceled for another Nintendo World diversion?

There's a pecking order to all this and you best know your place on it.  For example:

someone who beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out on NES back in the 80's who bought Lil mac

someone who beat Mr. Dream in Punch Out on NES back in the 80's who bought Lil mac

someone who played Punch Out on NES back in the 80's who bought Lil mac

someone who's played punch out on NES who bought Lil mac

someone who's played punch out on SNES who bought Lil mac

someone who's played punch out on Wii who bought Lil mac

some cheap ass gamer poster who bought Lil mac

some scalper that has never even played a punch out game

Know your f******* role.

Unfortunately for the pecking order, Nintendo is no respecter of persons. Heck, they act like they don't want your money most of the time.
The pecking order has nothing to do with Nintendo's opinion of it. It has to do with the opinion of the greatest era of gamers aka the "NES kids". I literally saw a kid ask some guy "hey, I see you have lil mac" "My dad beat Mike Tyson on NES, did you?" The guy proceeded to explain the whole fight back in 1988 against tyson and the kid just stood their speechless, and gave his little mac to the guy saying how he wasn't worthy enough to even own such an amiibo, and how the guy should have 2. They guy nodded, and accepted the proper respect that was correctly given. Too bad these kids who know their place these days are far and few between. Wish his dad was there so that I could have shaken the guys hand.

I have never heard of FYE outside of this thread. Really sucks that FYE is canceling amiibo preorders without explanation. Do you think all preorders are being canceled for another Nintendo World diversion?
Chances are F.Y.E. weren't getting Wave 4 amiibos at all , perhaps they assumed they would get some in and allowed preorders.Its not unheard of retailers accepting pre orders for a product they may or may not have.

Hell in Australia EB games is accepting pre order for the Nintendo NX. Also as far as Nintendo World goes, its on its own world.Inventory appears to be completely independent from what the other retailer gets.Meaning its unlikely that Nintendo would sabotage stock for another retailer in order to stock up for Nintendo World , World gets it own stuff seperate from the other boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back