Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Downloadable. How lame - esoecially when their HDs top out at 32 GB, and good luck finding an external HD from the company that brought you the GC adapter.
Pre-installed means it can't be transferred if you get a new system, and if you delete it, then its gone for good, right?
If you were to get this as a new system, when you transfer your old system to it then the games will be tied to the Nintendo ID that is on the old system coming over. But if you try to make a NNID on the new system before the transfer, then they will be tied to that account and the games and account will be deleted by the incoming one.

Long story short, the games tie themselves to the first account that touches them

From what I've read a lot of these "reprints" are to make up for people who ordered at GS and such back from January/February and still have not received their orders. Not really sure or confident that they will be for everyone. I also saw that GS has Dedede with a 7/1/15 release date now. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/king-dedede-amiibo-figure/118957
I know the Dedede GS restock is for the those who pre-ordered in Jan/February (I am one of them). I am not sure about the other reprints.

Downloadable. How lame - esoecially when their HDs top out at 32 GB, and good luck finding an external HD from the company that brought you the GC adapter.
Nintendo doesn't make a first party external hard drive, you can use anything.

nIqabhI.png

Why would I wait for them to release an external when they've allowed you to use any external HDD in the first place? Time for you to delete your account.

Ermagerd gonna explode with endless Splatoon and 'bundle' news. It's their new highly advertised IP, don't think those figs are going anywhere anytime soon.

Think these reprints (Marth, MK....Shulk?) are going to be on preorder or will it be like throwing feed to a pack of frenzied hungry hogs?
Shulk already sold out online and through wis for release on 5/1. There might not be much more in addition to those.

1TB USB hard drives are like $50. Not that big of a deal.
It wasn't a dealbreaker for me getting the console, but it's a damn big middle finger to the fans to be sure. They are using last gen tech as it is, and the console is barely cheaper than a PS4. They could afford to throw in a 500GB HD. Don't even get me started on that basic model...... I still can't believe they were too damn cheap to throw in th $0.10 plastic stand for the Gamepad.

It does get annoying having to keep multiple external hard drives on my TV stand, especially since I have to keep them on their side. I've only got 1 atm but I am gonna have to get one for the WiiU and apparently I can't use any of my old ones without wiping them clean first so I get to buy yet another one :whistle2:? And I need to do it soon, I had to delete yet another of my free MK8 games for the SSB DLC, and I know I'll have to clean fridge again to redeem my CN prize and the new MK8 DLC.

Like I said, it's not a dealbreaker, but it'd be nice if Nintendo would respect it's fans more. Shit like this and the missing charger on the New 3DS is just insulting.

Last edited:
agree with racerboss.   I was not going to buy a Wii U until they upgraded the HDD, simply out of principle.  In this day and age, it's simply not acceptable to have a 32gb thumbstick drive for a hdd.  So I didn't buy one for a couple of years.  I decided to crack and buy a Mariokart 8 bundle on release day because I really wanted to be able to play that and mario 3D world.  But this still irks me to no end.  Decisions like this and not including an AC adapter charger for the new3DSXL is inexcusable when you know that Nintendo is the only console company making a profit on their hardwares at launch.  They make a lot of consumer unfriendly choices.  The main one being that for years they did not tie your digital purchases to any sort of online account, they were also nontransferable, and you'd have to rebuy your virtual games for every system that you owned.

Frankly I'm surprised Nintendo gets as much support as they do.  But most Nintendo fanatics are lunatics anyways. 

having the best games is subjective.

I would say that they've created the best characters though, and that would be hard to argue against.

The other thing they really do right these days though is offering finished, fully fleshed-out, complete gaming experiences at launch.  You really do get what you pay for when buying a first party Nintendo game and that's a complete gaming experience. 

They don't deal in all the DLC, pre-order bonus, platform exclusive, timed exclusivity nonsense that has been plaguing the rest of the industry.

Best game (singular) is absolutely subjective. But there's no doubt that if you look at any list of "best games of all time," the majority are Nintendo games.

Best game (singular) is absolutely subjective. But there's no doubt that if you look at any list of "best games of all time," the majority are Nintendo games.
Nintendo has more than their fair share of great games, but there are plenty of other developers going back to the dawn of video games that have also created great games. I doubt that any attempt at an objective list of the best games of all time would be filled with Nintendo games such that they are the majority.

Their fanbase is loyal because of one reason: they've made the best and most memorable video games of all time.
Shouldn’t that be what it’s all about? I do what makes me happy. Nintendo games are just fun. I play games to have fun and I think people have forgotten that. Graphics and storage and all of that are important to a certain extent but in the end Nintendo makes games that I find fun and they make me happy. I think ‘having fun’ is lost on some people these days. (I think you and I are in agreement here, I used your quote as a jumping of point)

---

Sounds like for some of you, Nintendo isn’t making you happy (some of you let us know over and over again in this thread and across CAG). Maybe venting about it makes you feel better but ultimately rather than bickering with people on the internet you should quit buying their stuff. If you’ve already taken that step, then I wonder why you’re here even? No one is forcing you to buy their stuff and I’m certainly not forcing anyone to like Nintendo. All I’m saying is that if they’re making you so miserable I’d advise finding something that makes you happy, because many of you here are [repeatedly] presenting as unhappy.

Their fanbase is loyal because of one reason: they've made the best and most memorable video games of all time.
This is so debatable. I love (most) Zelda and Metroid games as much as anyone here, MK and SSB are still my go-to multiplayer games, and I have as much nostalgia for Mario as anyone. But, aside from maybe the Metroid Prime Trilogy, I'd say the Arkham and Bioshock series have trumped anything the modern Nintendo has done.... not to mention games like Portal and Half - Life. It's all opinions, but for me, the most memorable game ever would probably be Doom.

The other thing they really do right these days though is offering finished, fully fleshed-out, complete gaming experiences at launch. You really do get what you pay for when buying a first party Nintendo game and that's a complete gaming experience.

They don't deal in all the DLC, pre-order bonus, platform exclusive, timed exclusivity nonsense that has been plaguing the rest of the industry.
I'd say this is debatable too. Fire Emblem DLC may not have been obviously cut out of the game like the Prothean in ME3 or.... pretty much every Assassin's Creed DLC ever, but at $3 for a 10 minute RPG map it's one of the worst gaming values I've ever seen. Ditto with the NSMB2 levels. The Mario Golf DLC would've been cool if it was playable online...... but for all intents and purposes it isn't. Even NSLU I felt was overpriced considering it was just composed of a condensed version of the old levels with a few extra enemies thrown in.

It's hard to argue against what Nintendo did for the MK8 DLC but I am still wondering if the battle mode was intentionally botched so they had the option to sell a true battle mode later..... I mean I refuse to believe somebody at Nintendo played that and actually thought it was a good idea over just throwing in some favorite arenas from past games. Not when the rest of the game is the brilliant masterpiece it is. And like we discussed a few pages ago in this thread I really don't like the direction amiibo's appear to be heading in.

Nintendo has more than their fair share of great games, but there are plenty of other developers going back to the dawn of video games that have also created great games. I doubt that any attempt at an objective list of the best games of all time would be filled with Nintendo games such that they are the majority.
If I were to make a list of the best games of all time, it would probably have more iD games than Nintendo (at least the top 10 would). I don't think you can do something like that objectively, it all depends on what you like.

Shouldn’t that be what it’s all about? I do what makes me happy. Nintendo games are just fun. I play games to have fun and I think people have forgotten that. Graphics and storage and all of that are important to a certain extent but in the end Nintendo makes games that I find fun and they make me happy. I think ‘having fun’ is lost on some people these days. (I think you and I are in agreement here, I used your quote as a jumping of point)

---

Sounds like for some of you, Nintendo isn’t making you happy (some of you let us know over and over again in this thread and across CAG). Maybe venting about it makes you feel better but ultimately rather than bickering with people on the internet you should quit buying their stuff. If you’ve already taken that step, then I wonder why you’re here even? No one is forcing you to buy their stuff and I’m certainly not forcing anyone to like Nintendo. All I’m saying is that if they’re making you so miserable I’d advise finding something that makes you happy, because many of you here are [repeatedly] presenting as unhappy.
Can you honestly say everything Nintendo does makes you happy? I still love both SSB games but I hate how they split it into 2 $100 games instead of 1 $60 WiiU game and how I can't play my favorite 3DS levels on WiiU (and vice versa). I hate how the 3DS version of the game held the WiiU version back so that we no longer have Ice Climbers or character transformations (god I miss Pokemon Trainer :cry: )I love MK8 but greatly miss a functional battle mode. I love the 3DS but can't comprehend why it didn't come with a nub (which I hate compared to the CPP) from day 1.

When Nintendo pulls crap I really don't like, I don't buy it, or I wait for it to hit what I think is a fair price (if it ever does). I do consider myself a fan, but I'm not going to just blindly support every decision they make and just swallow some of the BS statements they've made over the years. All the other developers have their share of problems too, but Nintendo does some truly stupid/assholish things sometime (region locking anyone?)

Last edited:
having the best games is subjective.

I would say that they've created the best characters though, and that would be hard to argue against.
Needing a 500GB HDD for a console is subjective as well. I buy media so I'm satisfied with the Wii U as it is. It's somewhat like saying a camera sucks because it only comes with an 8GB SD Card (or no card at all).

I agree with the N3DS Charger though. It should include it.

Needing a 500GB HDD for a console is subjective as well. I buy media so I'm satisfied with the Wii U as it is. It's somewhat like saying a camera sucks because it only comes with an 8GB SD Card (or no card at all).

I get not being interested in digital games (especially with Nintendo), but depending on how many games you have don't some of the patches alone eat up all your HD space? god forbid you try to take SSB online or buy that MK8 DLC with a basic WiiU straight out of the box.... not to mention updates for the WiiU itself.

Last edited:

No actually, not including a bigger HDD on the Wii U is unequivocally, and objectively, a bad (consumer-unfriendly) decision. :lol:

Thank god im only buying 2 more wii u games ever. X & zelda. I had to delete monster hunter to download dkc platinum reward. With the 30 Cent games, free pikmin from mk8. Free game & wario & earthbound from cn. Mk8 & hw dlc and saves for 6 games the hdd is at 95% capacity. Thats terrible.

Thank god im only buying 2 more wii u games ever. X & zelda. I had to delete monster hunter to download dkc platinum reward. With the 30 Cent games, free pikmin from mk8. Free game & wario & earthbound from cn. Mk8 & hw dlc and saves for 6 games the hdd is at 95% capacity. Thats terrible.
You think that's bad? Wii Fit Free (afraid to even delete that since apparently if you erase the save data you can't get it back!), all 4 MK8 games, Game and Wario, and whatever I get for this year's Platinum reward...... then there's the MK8 DLC, Sonic Lost World DLC, Monster Hunter 3 DLC, I just had to delete Wii Party U to download Mewtwo. Not to mention how I got a $50 eshop credit the Xmas the system launched and pissed it away on 16 GB of Tekken 2 which hasn't been on my system in well over a year now :wall: . Plus those 30 cent VC games you mentioned..... and I've got to have Donkey Kong 64 lol.

The freebies have been great and I love Nintendo for it. I just can't imagine how badly life is sucking for some of those basic owners out there. I am going to have to unhook something to make room for a new external HDD whenever I finally get one. Had WiiU come with a hard drive half the size as the one that came in my PS3 in Summer of 2011 it would've saved me a lot of trouble. And if we are being honest space issues have stopped me from buying digital games, so I wonder if the smaller hard drives really are saving Nintendo money in the long run....

Last edited:
I've been on that "one site" checking everyday since that one guy found that legit Silver Mario Amiibo. After securing all the wave since WIS Gamestop day (+jiggly+Gninja) that's all i can do to hunt besides Yarn Yoshi.

No actually, not including a bigger HDD on the Wii U is unequivocally, and objectively, a bad (consumer-unfriendly) decision. :lol:
I'm not saying it's a great practice. I'm saying YMMV just like how it was pointed out that the games being good or bad were subjective.

We are getting further off topic with this Hard Drive discussion, however i'll add to it, you don't really need over 500GB but with 1TB at $50 that isn't bad. The only game I can think of that would take an un-calculated amount of space i can foresee is Mario Maker levels people made.

If you do not have a HDD for the Wii-U and are looking to get one I highly suggest you learn about that "Y Cable" when you order or before you order, you'll need that, do not let that be an unexpected surprise.

Even though i have them all, I really hope Mario Maker doesn't support Amiibo. That would be unfair to the masses.

I'm hoping they shift their strategyr from artificial scarcity to at least you have a chance once all the waves are out. Theyve shown they can produce enough with their flagship characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Peach. Sure it rocks having sellouts in minutes, but once the 50 Smash pieces are released, and they get no more income from them, they ought to consider making them more widely available.
It really depends on what they want to make the figures represent. If you are able to acquire the ingame bonuses for the cards I'm okay with a smaller number on the figurines as long as we get rid of this store exclusive crap.

Sorry I had to go that far, Kobe keeps on telling himself the same thing, it ain't happening.

kobe-bryant.jpg
its cool no worries. I just thought hey maybe I stood a tiny chance since it was weird that two days ago they just started popping up..for Pacman it said "Only 2 left order now" so I got lucky so I figured maybe just maybe I could have the same chance with Robin and Lucina but Ive tried it for 2 days and had zero luck..guess those two are the really hard ones to get..funny thing is that originally I never even wanted Robin and Lucina, I just wanted Splatoon 3 pack, Wario, Charizard, and Pac-man which I all got at Walmart..but since everyone started saying how Robin and Lucina are so great I now want those too :)

I don't get why people are actually sitting at their computer and trying to get a Charizard/Wario/Pac-Man. I guarantee that Charizard and Wario will be common. Pac-Man probably won't be common but as seen with Sonic & Megaman, they won't be impossible to get.

No one should be upset on missing the preorder windows on those three either. The big two are Lucina and Robin, where if you don't preorder you probably won't get them.

I don't get why people are actually sitting at their computer and trying to get a Charizard/Wario/Pac-Man. I guarantee that Charizard and Wario will be common. Pac-Man probably won't be common but as seen with Sonic & Megaman, they won't be impossible to get.

No one should be upset on missing the preorder windows on those three either. The big two are Lucina and Robin, where if you don't preorder you probably won't get them.
So wrong bruh. Lucina and Robin are the obvious commons, Charizard and Wario will be uncommon/rare, and Pac-Mac will be unicorn

I don't get why you're spouting this nonsense with absolutely no evidence to support it.

I whip my bottom with "guarantees."

I don't even care anymore, most likely I'll just buy an import when they hit eBay/Amazon. My time isn't worth all this hassle, if they happen to come up as I leisurely check the site so be it but I'm not going to waste more time than that.

I don't get why you're spouting this nonsense with absolutely no evidence to support it.

I whip my bottom with "guarantees."
Though there is no evidence, just based on previous amiibo releases, we know that (non-exclusive) Pokemon and Mario characters (more popular series) have always been in stock no matter what (Yoshi, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Sheik) . Lesser known characters are harder to find but can still be found with some work (Sonic, Megaman, Fox). Other characters barely anyone knows about (apart from the niche crowd) are always hard to find (Villager, Marth, Pit).

Just comparing popularity between wave 4 and other waves, we can see a pattern and predict that Wario and Charizard will be common, Pac-Man will be semi-rare and Ness, Lucina and Robin will be rare or unicorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back