Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm expecting Silver Mario to be uncommon. Maybe similar to Toad. If pre-orders go live, they'll likely sell out. Stock may come in intermittently, but most people likely won't be able to just stroll in and buy one at their local Target / BB / Walmart whenever they feel like it. That's enough to get me to pre-order one so I won't have to deal with looking a store with stock.

Exactly. They are withholding stock from normal customers.

Good for you for getting one. But other people are not pleased when "managers" aren't allowing the public to purchase common stock figures. Behavior like this from the employees is exactly why GS gets a bad rep.
Yup, things like this (along with hundreds of other things) are why gamestop will be out of business in a couple of years.

After reading everyone's post and at reddit and their success stories of Gamestop workers holding and saving the item for them, I would expect maybe the same success they got. But uhhhhh okay, whatever you say man. Better luck next time I guess.
I went to 4 different GS locations yesterday and got 3 Marth from 3 different stores. Not a bad haul for 30 miles of driving.

apparently, a meta knight restock is imminent. someone on reddit posted that there are over 5300 at the DC

wow surprised you were able to. what time of day was it? also I guess those stores got them yesterday and not Tuesday.
I got a heads up on Tuesday that a few would have them at opening. So I went right at 10am... the last one I scored was during their UPS delivery around noon. I honestly don't understand Nintendo's logic at all.... 1 or 2 figures per store is not a re-stock.... its an insult.

I got a heads up on Tuesday that a few would have them at opening. So I went right at 10am... the last one I scored was during their UPS delivery around noon. I honestly don't understand Nintendo's logic at all.... 1 or 2 figures per store is not a re-stock.... its an insult.
Can you really complain about the restock....? Since you and others are buying multiples...
I got a first print marth and haven't felt the need to get the reprint because I don't need two of the same figure.

Can you really complain about the restock....? Since you and others are buying multiples...
I got a first print marth and haven't felt the need to get the reprint because I don't need two of the same figure.
I'm not complaining.... I am only recognizing that Nintendo is continuing to do what it said it wouldn't do. Nintendo's business practices are a joke and yes... When I see only one Marth in a GS.... I'm going to buy it. Whether I need it or not.

Nintendo's business model and stock strategy only hurt one community.... It's biggest fans.

I'm going to buy it. Whether I need it or not.

Nintendo's business model and stock strategy only hurt one community.... It's biggest fans.

I went to 4 different GS locations yesterday and got 3 Marth from 3 different stores. Not a bad haul for 30 miles of driving.
[attachment=14345:douchehat.jpg]

Here is your hat, you sir are part of the problem, your greediness is hurting the fans.

Why are you guys bothering with that troll? For heavens sake he has a Family Guy character as his avatar, lol. With bad taste like that, he's just here to rile people up.

They posted $3.5 billion and $3.9 billion in profits in 2013 and 2014, respectively. They're not going anywhere in a couple of years.
Not quite... Net income 393 mil in 2014, 354 mil in 2013 and negative 269 mil in 2012.

Either way, bad business practices, heightened competition, and the fact that they are heavily tied to a dieing commodity (physical media) is bad news for them.

I'm not complaining.... I am only recognizing that Nintendo is continuing to do what it said it wouldn't do. Nintendo's business practices are a joke and yes... When I see only one Marth in a GS.... I'm going to buy it. Whether I need it or not.

Keep it to yourself, fattie. No one here wants to hear about business ethics involving shortages from a flipper.

All right, they actually held my Ike preorder this time instead of selling it to someone else again! Now to just get Lucina and Robin so I can never worry about this stupid stuff again!

So in other words, I'm never going to be free. Well, I guess I could be if I want to spend $65.

That is actually real, the guy made a video about it a month ago and showed him using it when he first got it from a Chinese auction site Taobao known for selling prototypes.
Still, even being real, the bids are already at $200+. In 2 weeks, everyone is going to have a "Silver mario" and can just stick it in a black box and call it the "prototype mario" unless there's some significant difference. I guess its good to reassure yourself that what you have is legitimate, but it'll lose most of its "collectible" value to anyone else once the others are launched.

lol ^ he might be trolling but i felt that way after waiting 3 hours, being 4th on line, for gamestop's wave 4 and ending up with just ness and charizard. i turned into a monster that day and hit every gamestop on the way home and got 4 ness's 

Amazon is being deliberate with wave 4. They are planning to do 1 character each per customer. They will release all stock at once unlike the Marth amiibo stock which get updated once it is scanned in. They will try to give at least some kind of notice when they will be up. This info is all from Amazon Josh.

Amazon is being deliberate with wave 4. They are planning to do 1 character each per customer. They will release all stock at once unlike the Marth amiibo stock which get updated once it is scanned in. They will try to give at least some kind of notice when they will be up. This info is all from Amazon Josh.
Esteban ftw

I've been in the midst of selling all my Amiibos, as this has become too much of a hassle for me to care about anymore, especially when I want them for the in-game content, not for the figures themselves. I just received a phone call from Gamestop saying my Ike preorder had come in stock. I picked up my Ike back when he first was released in March. I'm not sure where this preorder came from. I'm trying to debate whether I should just let my preorder go or pick it up and add it to what I have to sell. I don't feel bad selling all my current collection for profit since that wasn't my original intent, but if I go pick this one up it's specifically just so I can scalp it.

TALK SOME SENSE INTO ME PEOPLE! I AM GOING TO BECOME THE THING THAT WE ALL HATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back