Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't want to buy more than 1. But I would rather have ike, so I may buy another to trade for ike.... if they don't have them anymore I would still trade him for ike hah.
That is what I do. I haven't sold a single Amiibo I buy to trade for the ones I have not been unable to find.

Nice haul today... While searching for a copy of Splatoon, I actually found a Splatoon 3-pack at BB today, along with a Silver Mario. GCU really makes this worthwhile!

And after all that time I wasted on NowInStock.net for the 3-pack...

Silver Mario is the purchase you make when you've convinced yourself that if you don't jump on the first chance you get, you'll end up regretting it in a few days.

Only reason I didn't get a silver Mario is because after the smash bros series ends, I think so will my interest in amiibos (barring a xenoblade series etc). I knew that if I got a silver Mario id get sucked into that next series. Even if it becomes rare I just told myself enough is enough lol...I'm spending too much money on these.

Only reason I didn't get a silver Mario is because after the smash bros series ends, I think so will my interest in amiibos (barring a xenoblade series etc). I knew that if I got a silver Mario id get sucked into that next series. Even if it becomes rare I just told myself enough is enough lol...I'm spending too much money on these.
I want the Smash ones. When I saw how awesome Little Mac was, that is what got me to want to get them all. Originally, it was just Samus and Villager.

I ordered the Splatoon ones as they look really cool to me. Outside of these, I only have Toad from Mario Party.

Unless it's Toys R Us. They seem to be the only one that can handle it properly
This seems to be true from my personal experience as well. I ordered Jigglypuff and Greninja from Amazon.co.uk today and paid about $33 each for them. I was NOT standing in lines today. I rather pay a Japanese seller markup than do that.

Also, I was able to pre-order Dr. Mario today as it was available (I posted this as well and someone else ordered it). I already have ZSS, Dark Pit, Palutena and Ganon on pre-order from there. I am just waiting on Olimar and Bowser Jr. to go up for pre-order now. I rather pay a mark-up on these than wait in line for hours. Nintendo is still letting me down with this.

Lucina and Robin were bullshit today for me. I still have my preorder on them from Amazon UK, but they said it wouldn't ve fulfilled until end of June. Should I look elsewhere.

Not sure if anyone else will have similar luck, but I went in to one of my local Walmarts tonight to look for Wario. They didn't have him, but they did have all amiibo before wave 4 on clearance for $3 to $8 each. I picked up Pikachu for $3 since he was one of the last ones I needed. I may go back to get some of the SMB series for $8 each.

Just curious, why are there so many double/triple posts today? I see them every so often and assume it's because people are impatient/hit the post button twice because it doesn't always show your new post when it goes through and they think it didn't, but they're everywhere today. Maybe it's just people who normally lurk/don't realize how broken the post system is coming out of the woodwork since today (well, yesterday) was an important one.

...off topic, I know. Sorry.

Just curious, why are there so many double/triple posts today? I see them every so often and assume it's because people are impatient/hit the post button twice because it doesn't always show your new post when it goes through and they think it didn't, but they're everywhere today. Maybe it's just people who normally lurk/don't realize how broken the post system is coming out of the woodwork since today (well, yesterday) was an important one.

People want to brag and can't wait so they keep pressing "add reply" on mobile

main reason is cag's servers are shit, with so many people concentrated on this thread, its having lags so when you post, it doesnt register properly, best if you refresh first to see if it posted than keep hitting the post button

Just got my Robin and Lucina from Best buy preorder. Boxes came ruined on the top. Not bad but far from great condition.
Since I passed on getting Robin this morning (left him for the people behind me) and he was snatched out of the cart on Amazon I'm REALLY hoping that mine is not destroyed from BB.

Also, I just wanted to go on record and say that I hated the way Amazon did their selling. I much prefer the random pop-ups than the entire amiibo world all F5'ing something rare at the same time. I REALLY hope other companies don't decide to follow their methods for the next wave. (even though I previously thought this might have been a good idea, in actuality it was not)

Since I passed on getting Robin this morning (left him for the people behind me) and he was snatched out of the cart on Amazon I'm REALLY hoping that mine is not destroyed from BB.

Also, I just wanted to go on record and say that I hated the way Amazon did their selling. I much prefer the random pop-ups than the entire amiibo world all F5'ing something rare at the same time. I REALLY hope other companies don't decide to follow their methods for the next wave. (even though I previously thought this might have been a good idea, in actuality it was not)
Nah, the way they did it was best. What toys r us and Walmart did this wave was shitty. No announcement and putting them up in the middle of the night.

Nah, the way they did it was best. What toys r us and Walmart did this wave was shitty. No announcement and putting them up in the middle of the night.
I agree but unfortunately I don't think many other companies's websites outside Amazon can take the load of the amiibo world F5'ing for hours.

robin and lucina is next to sheik. both will be wide release next week or two.

thinking put my extra falcon, rosilina, gold mario, robin, lucina, lucario, pit, and little mac on craigh list for local buyer only! Still tempting, kinda hard to let it go...

robin and lucina is next to sheik. both will be wide release next week or two.

thinking put my extra falcon, rosilina, gold mario, robin, lucina, lucario, pit, and little mac on craigh list for local buyer only! Still tempting, kinda hard to let it go...
Are you saying Lucy and Robin are going to be close to Sheik like rarity? I will have to disagree NWS sold out yesterday after having a HUGE stock. To me that's a clear indication that Ninty still printing those with smaller numbers and tbh I can't blame them. FE doesn't have much kid appeal when compared to Charazard.

I think the only amiibo we really don't know the rarity of is Silver Mario. All depends on if it gets a restock sometime.

Silver Mario is the purchase you make when you've convinced yourself that if you don't jump on the first chance you get, you'll end up regretting it in a few days.
After seeing him I had to have him. I don't care if he's ever rare or not. I got thinking I might pass because he may not be rare but then I thought well hell, I like him so if I don't buy him because I think he's going to be common then I can't bitch for not being able to buy the ones that are rare because if they weren't rare I might not want them. If I like something I'll buy it if funds permit as should everyone else. Silver Mario is one of the best looking amiibo yet to me (better than gold) because basically it's metal mario from mario 64 especially with that checkerboard mario 64 styled base.

I am using chrome and when I post, it does not load the page. Knowing if i hit post again that it will double post, i just go back one page in the feed and then forward and my comment is posted. Stupid, but I dont know if there is a fix that anyone can share. And yes. i had to do my method to post for this message to actually post lol.

Closed the store i work at with 4 Silver Mario's on the shelf no one bought.....

....crazy!
This just shows why Nintendo can't produce enough of these to go around, people are a simple creature when it comes right down to it and don't want something unless they think others want it. The silver is far better looking than the gold Mario especially since he's basically metal mario and was in several games but Nintendo made the mistake of making them available to everyone who wants one. Now those who complain about not being able to find the rare ones can enjoy that to continue because when there's overstock of these silver marios on the shelf Nintendo will realize they were right all along. Nintendo apparently knows it's audience better than we thought.

It's been one day since Silver Mario was released and there were a decent number released at launch.  Give it a few days time and I'm sure those stocks will dwindle (especially if it's not being restocked).  In a couple weeks time it will likely be scarce.

Silver Mario is still available right now on both Walmart (live) and Amazon (on 6/1) ... which basically means either 1 of 2 things. Either he was produced in massive ridiculous numbers, or most people are passing on him because they dont want to buy yet another Mario figure.

If its the first reason, consider him a common at retail to retail x2 range.

If its the second, then there's no way to tell. Especially if he continues to be available down the line. People will just get one whenever they are ready and not jumping on him instantly because he's valuable.

This just shows why Nintendo can't produce enough of these to go around, people are a simple creature when it comes right down to it and don't want something unless they think others want it. The silver is far better looking than the gold Mario especially since he's basically metal mario and was in several games but Nintendo made the mistake of making them available to everyone who wants one. Now those who complain about not being able to find the rare ones can enjoy that to continue because when there's overstock of these silver marios on the shelf Nintendo will realize they were right all along. Nintendo apparently knows it's audience better than we thought.
Please tell me this post is a joke.

If anyone happens across a meta knight and is feeling helpful I have had no luck tracking one down in Utah or Idaho. I would be happy to pay someone cost plus shipping plus cash for their troubles if you can help a guy out.

It's amazing how the nightmare wave 4 culminated in the smoothest launch yet. I had Ness, Pac-Man, Charizard, Wario and the Splatoon three pack preordered from GameStop wis, and I had an in-store Greninja pre-order (along with another pac-man to use as a future tournament prize) at TRU. For waves 1-3, I preordered all the non-exclusives at amazon but obviously that wasn't possible this time. So launch for me was all about Jiggypuff and the Fire Emblem duo.

I decided to go full-camp for the first time, getting to Target the night before with a tent, blankets, sleeping bag, 3ds, and ipad. A couple hours after I arrived, #2 in line showed up. I'd never even met the dude before, but he was cool enough to help me out with Target's two per person limit. He was only getting Jigglypuff, so he used his extra slot to help me so I could get all three that I needed. It was beyond awesome for him to do that. A little later on, another group of people arrived. It was the same group that I waited for Greninja with. They are all extremely cool people and we all had fun hanging out all night waiting. After a while the line started getting longer and a guy I recognized from GameStop preorders arrived.

After the hours passed and the camping gear had since been put away, the line really started growing. Some in line were clearly scalpers. About 15 minutes before doors open, the most stereotypical neckbeard of all time waddled up to the store. He sees the line, and rather than getting in it he hides along the side of the store around the corner of the door. We saw him and figured he'd try to sprint his way past us, so we moved to directly in front of the door. My target wasn't doing a ticketing system, but the employees still handled it perfectly. They opened the middle door, had two employees on either side to make sure nobody tried to run, and two more employees walked the line back to electronics. One employee led the parade of people and the other was next to the line making sure everyone stayed literally single file. Once getting to electronics, the employees working the counter were just as good as the crew handling the line. They had a shopping cart with Jigglypuff, Silver Mario, and the Splatoon amiibos and game nicely presented and organized facing outward so that everyone could see how many they had. The rest of the wave 4 stock was displayed in the same way on the shelves behind the counter. Nothing was left on the shelves for people to grab, and the fact that they had the Splatoon game there to avoid having to unlock it for people who also wanted that was really smart. I intend to call corporate to compliment this store. The two per person limit made it so everyone in line got something, even that neckbeard who ended up being last. While waiting, the amiibros I was with got organized about who would go to which stores next. I would have loved to go to TRU with them after leaving target but I had an extremely important family matter that I needed to be at.

Later that afternoon, I finally had time to pick up my Greninja and Pac-man at TRU. Upon arriving there, I found a long line in electronics so I decided to check out the amiibo section first. No wave 4s out (all remaining stock and preorders were behind the desk). But low and behold, one Marth sitting on the shelf. He must have been missed because most people that morning probably went right to the desk for wave 4 and then left. I have Marth already but sent a quick text to a friend that I knew had been looking, and he asked me to grab it for him. So I bought Marth along with my two preorders. When I got home, my GameStop wis preorders were waiting for me on then font step. Later on that night, I was able to order a Silver Mario from Wamart ship-to-store. Wave 4 was a nightmare pre-relase but was the smoothest, most well handled launch by every store I delt with. The people I met were awesome, and we already intend to meet up again for wave 5. I thought my streak of msrp or less was over. But I am pleased to say that The streak continues: 100% complete collection waves 1-4, Super Mario, and Splatoon, all for msrp or less. I've been very, very lucky.

TL;DR: Camped out at Target, met awesome people, store employees did a great job at all stores I delt with, got all of wave 4, Splatoon three pack and silver Mario for myself, plus Marth for a friend an extra Pac-Man for a future tournament prize. Did not pay above msrp for any of it and have now gotten all four waves, plus the Splatoon and smb sets, for msrp or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back