Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks. There were extra at mine and you didn't really have to wait in line at all since there were a quite a few left.

I really want to get a Ness and a Jigglypuff. I don't see why Nintendo would make these exclusive after the crazy mess that happened to begin with. 

Edit: I don't know if we are supposed to trade here or not, but all I have is a Silver Mario if anyone would be interested in trading.

Got Jigglypuff from Target.com today.
The box they used was a decent size; not overly large for a single figure. But, they used *zero* packing inside!

Was super nervous when I got the figure out...surprisingly, it was mint! (Phew!)

Am I the only person here who hasn't used their amiibo in Smash Bros?

Never cared for it that much I guess... my figures are more for display.
I open them and use them in Sm4sh occasionally, but the amiibo the actually get the most use for me are the Super Mario series [plus Rosalina, DK, and Wario from the Smash series] in Mario Party 10. I play amiibo Party with my girlfriend a lot and we like using the non-compatible Smash series figures to get the scratch-off tickets. I try to use the Kirby trio whenever I play Kirby Rainbow Curse, but sometimes they go unused. Toad's pixel hunt in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is fun and I look forward to doing that on each level after I'ver beaten that [surprisingly lengthy] game. I also love how they added more racing suits to Mario Kart 8 and I hope they keep adding to those as the amiibo collection grows. All-in-all, I try to get as much software-integrated use as I can out of these things, but at the end of the day I'm happy just having figures from my favorite game series and favorite company.

I really want to get a Ness and a Jigglypuff. I don't see why Nintendo would make these exclusive after the crazy mess that happened to begin with.

Edit: I don't know if we are supposed to trade here or not, but all I have is a Silver Mario if anyone would be interested in trading.
Here's the trade thread: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340285-nintendo-amiibo-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-rules-in-the-op-before-posting/

Good luck! I haven't had any luck trading recently and everyone is after Ness (including myself). You might have better luck since you are trying to trade a presumed more common Amiibo for an easier store exclusive.

The Mario that was bundled with Mario Party didn't seem to sell out that quickly, but I think that's more because the character and that line are pretty readily available in stores anyway. 

But I really wonder how hard it's going to be to get the chibi robo game, and if they'll then attach amiibos to games as limited editions to get more sales.  Sure it doesn't make sense for SSB, but say, bundle a recolor with SSB 3DS as an in-store exclusive and I bet you still move a ton, even though many already own the game.  I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't bundle the three pack with Splatoon, since I think that would have moved a bunch once the standalone three packs sold out.

Best Buy: Meta Knight, Dark Pit (edgy characters with wings)

Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Palutena (feminine characters)

Toys R Us: Lucario, Greninja (Pokemon)

Gamestop: Shulk, Ness (RPG protagonists)

Walmart: Gold Mario, Green Yoshi (money)

It all makes sense now.  :p

Best Buy: Meta Knight, Dark Pit (edgy characters with wings)

Target: Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Palutena (feminine characters)

Toys R Us: Lucario, Greninja (Pokemon)

Gamestop: Shulk, Ness (RPG protagonists)

Walmart: Gold Mario, Green Yoshi (money)

It all makes sense now. :p
Hmm. I guess Mewtwo will be exclusive to TRU and Lucas for Gamestop.

Is there a new line alert/chat started? Would really love to get back into them, it's responsible for me getting all my amiibo. Can anyone invite me?

Was there ever any doubt? :p

I just hope I'm able to get pre-orders this time...lining up is exhausting when you have work afterwards...I was falling asleep at my desk.
Yes, I doubt that either will get amiibo at all. I can see people getting pissed, thinking that the amiibo will automatically unlock the character in their game in place of buying the DLC. Even if not though i don't know why Nintendo would bother, we all know they wouldn't make enough of them to go around.

And I'd hope Mewtwo wouldn't be exclusive.... Charizard wasn't (thank god).

Yes, I doubt that either will get amiibo at all. I can see people getting pissed, thinking that the amiibo will automatically unlock the character in their game in place of buying the DLC. Even if not though i don't know why Nintendo would bother, we all know they wouldn't make enough of them to go around.

And I'd hope Mewtwo wouldn't be exclusive.... Charizard wasn't (thank god).
Both amiibo were announced on April 1st's nintendo direct so we are getting them.
I'm sure they'll be exclusive and there won't be enough as always.

That was an internal information from a email, that is not meant for the public. Exclusive at Toysrus and Target were fairly easy to get if you were able to show up on release day.
Big if for those us with 9-5 jobs unfortunately... and in a densely populated area with low volume stores. And it's way too competitive online.

I called BBY and Target and both stores said the same thing: they had to turn away a lot of people who tried lining up because they simply didn't get enough.

Some of us started a new app group on the wechat app where we won't have the same problems that line did. PM me if you are interested and I'll provide you the info to get in the rooms.

Lucas probably will be Gamestop. Mewtwo... I can see Target getting it too, because it's a Gen 1 Pokemon.
Nope, Target won't be getting Mewtwo. Target already has 3 exclusives (Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Palutena). Toys R Us will be getting Mewtwo. Toys R Us would have gotten Jigglypuff too but it was released at the same time as Greninja. Pokemon amiibos belong to Toys R Us. :razz:

Called two GameStop's around my area for Shulk, both told me they didn't have/get any despite the website saying they were in stock.
So uh...I guess they're still in transit? I have no idea at this point.

Nope, Target won't be getting Mewtwo. Target already has 3 exclusives (Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Palutena). Toys R Us will be getting Mewtwo. Toys R Us would have gotten Jigglypuff too but it was released at the same time as Greninja. Pokemon amiibos belong to Toys R Us. :razz:
What I mean is, TRU probably cares more about the later generation Pokemon, thus Lucario and Greninja. Just speculation, of course.

For some reason, now I really want a Lapras amiibo... I'm not even sure why.

That sucks. There were extra at mine and you didn't really have to wait in line at all since there were a quite a few left.
Closest TRU is 1 hour drive away. I get out of work at 5 pm. Since their online sale was at 3 am, that meant that I was out of my beloved Greninja since day 1.

Exclusives suck. :(

I have a bunch of extra Amiibo that I think I am just going to return from wave 4.

Jigglypuff x 2 (Box damage, and that's why I'm returning them. They look like they were damaged prior to shipping too.)

Wario x 2

Charizard x 2 

Pac-Man x 2

I had multiple pre-orders in and stood in line to make sure that I got them and they were not damaged.

It's Palutena not Paulatina. This isn't a mexican amiibo. :rofl:

From all the information gathered, I'm 99.9% sure that Palutena is a Target exclusive. :D
and what information have you gathered? stop making dumb posts with false info.

Jigglypuff and Wario arrived today. Now just waiting for Greninja and Shulk who both are out for delivery and waiting on getting my tracking number from a CAG for Charizard and Pac Man and then I'll be caught up until next wave.

I have a bunch of extra Amiibo that I think I am just going to return from wave 4.

Jigglypuff x 2 (Box damage, and that's why I'm returning them. They look like they were damaged prior to shipping too.)
Wario x 2
Charizard x 2
Pac-Man x 2

I had multiple pre-orders in and stood in line to make sure that I got them and they were not damaged.
If you want msrp I'll take them off your hands

and what information have you gathered? stop making dumb posts with false info.
It's already confirmed that Target will be getting a Wave 5 exclusive. Palutena fits the feminine characters like Rosalina and Jigglypuff. I'll bet you 1 Palutena amiibo that Palutena belongs to Target. :boxing:

since I am late to the amiibo party, how did the pre=order work for exclusives such as greninja, jiggly, Ness? Does the link go live in the middle of the night and everything is OOS in seconds? do they announce when the preorders will go live? 

So at Gamestop today. Pac-Man, Siver Mario and Splatoon Boy or Girl is just chilling everywhere it seems.

Got my Jigglypuff in today at least. Not my main char since I go with Kirby. But if any CAGer is looking, sig has a trade thing.

Btw... anyone know about Palutena? Is she now in July? Anyone seen preorder news in US for her?

It's already confirmed that Target will be getting a Wave 5 exclusive. Palutena fits the feminine characters like Rosalina and Jigglypuff. I'll bet you 1 Palutena amiibo that Palutena belongs to Target. :boxing:
A random post on reddit doesn't mean confrim. Wave 5 is also in two parts so could be the 2nd part

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back