Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a Meta Knight at Best Buy and a Charizard at Toys R Us in Madison, WI today (west side). My Lucina and Robin came in the mail today too, it's been a good Amiibo day.

I don't think he got an extra, he ordered the 6 pack plus Ness which had a separate sku.
What happened is I went to Gamestop on preorder day and was only able to get a Ness. Then gamestop called and asked if I wanted to tack a 6 pack on, so I said sure and kept the extra Ness. Earthbound has been one of my favorite games since I was a kid, so I'll use one in game and keep one boxed.

preorders? does that mean some people had their WiS order sent to the Gamestop? that's really foolish imo.
There were no online preorders for Ness, unless they opened up later or something. On the day GS said there would be pre-orders, they had a system crash but after like 2 hours, some people were able to pre-order Ness in store. They sold out of their entire allotment from in store preorders from what I recall. Even then, I guess they oversold.

I remember sitting at work and F5ing for like 2 hours for nothing.

I seriously do not understand Nintendo's mentality here. Clearly, they're making too many of some figures and not enough of others... you'd think that by now they'd figure out they're hurting their bottom line more than whatever they're gaining from the hype.

There were no online preorders for Ness, unless they opened up later or something. On the day GS said there would be pre-orders, they had a system crash but after like 2 hours, some people were able to pre-order Ness in store. They sold out of their entire allotment from in store preorders from what I recall. Even then, I guess they oversold.
I know the situation; I waited in line for a little over 2 hours at one store, then another 2 at another with Ness selling out around then (Ness was at checkout for me). the way some people are telling their stories (store A didn't have enough for preorders?) made it seem like some stores had real preorders, NOT Web-In-Store (pre)orders for Wave 4.

Well, I just broke down and bought a Ness for $40 off eBay.

This is the first one I haven't been able to get at MSRP. I tried....Gamestop's website crashed... at work and couldn't stand in line at a Gamestop for a shot...

..not to mention I hate Gamestop.

Heres hoping I have a shot at Wave 5.

I wish Nintendo just do the Amiibo card thing already. As much as I want the figures I rather have the access to the DLC "that we all know is going to start to happen" the Amiibos will be locked behind. If Splatoon is any indication soon we will need the figures to get more out of our games then just cosmetic things.

I seriously do not understand Nintendo's mentality here. Clearly, they're making too many of some figures and not enough of others... you'd think that by now they'd figure out they're hurting their bottom line more than whatever they're gaining from the hype.
I'm not sure they are hurting their bottom line. At the start I was only planning on getting characters I cared about...Marth, Link, Zelda, Ness, and a few others. I had no plans on Greninja, Jigglypuff, Wii Fit Trainer, and every single other one. Then some of them started to disappear, followed by more and more. I started thinking if I didn't buy them I might never get them for retail price, so now I own all of them. If they were all readily available I would have bought 4 or 5 by now. Not 28ish or whatever there are in wave 1, 2, 3, 4 and gold and silver mario. On top of that it's gotten in the news and got other people going after them that probably wouldn't have. It's hard to say one way or the other what would have happened if they mass produced every figure, but the route they have gone has got me buying 28+ compared to 5.

I know the situation; I waited in line for a little over 2 hours at one store, then another 2 at another with Ness selling out around then (Ness was at checkout for me). the way some people are telling their stories (store A didn't have enough for preorders?) made it seem like some stores had real preorders, NOT Web-In-Store (pre)orders for Wave 4.
^ This. I've also been confused by stories, because from my understanding they ONLY did web in store orders, and those are shipped to the customer, and that they NEVER did actual preorders for the store. I know the stores of them contacting people who complained on surveys to let them preorder, but were those web in store preorders or actual preorders for the store? Hearing GS say on release day that the only ones they got in were for preorders is really conflicting. Not that it matters to me since I was bale to get a web in store order, but I'm generally curious.

Ah, sorry. I see what you mean by WiS now... I thought by WiS you meant website order for in store pick up, didn't realize WiS meant web in store.

I'm not sure they are hurting their bottom line. At the start I was only planning on getting characters I cared about...Marth, Link, Zelda, Ness, and a few others. I had no plans on Greninja, Jigglypuff, Wii Fit Trainer, and every single other one. Then some of them started to disappear, followed by more and more. I started thinking if I didn't buy them I might never get them for retail price, so now I own all of them. If they were all readily available I would have bought 4 or 5 by now. Not 28ish or whatever there are in wave 1, 2, 3, 4 and gold and silver mario. On top of that it's gotten in the news and got other people going after them that probably wouldn't have. It's hard to say one way or the other what would have happened if they mass produced every figure, but the route they have gone has got me buying 28+ compared to 5.
I'm just saying, it would have been better to produce a few more of those unpopular characters and sell those rather than have dozens of Silver Marios sit on store shelves. Their initial plan of producing fewer of the unpopular characters was fine, but they clearly saw that that plan needed tweaks after what happened Wave 1 soon after release. Instead, it seems like it's even more disproportionate now... I haven't even seen any of the Wave 4 figures on store shelves outside of Silver Mario, Pac-Man and the Splatton Boy/Girl.

Any unit that they don't sell that sits on store shelves is hurting their bottom line and any time a consumer over-pays for one on eBay is money they could have made (ie, said consumer might have purchased 2 Amiibo instead of 1 over-priced one).

I know there are more variables to it than what I'm saying but it's seriously frustrating. I wanted to get them all and had an easier time getting Marth, Villager and WFT than I did with fucking Pac-Man in Wave 4.

Ah, sorry. I see what you mean by WiS now... I thought by WiS you meant website order for in store pick up, didn't realize WiS meant web in store.

I'm just saying, it would have been better to produce a few more of those unpopular characters and sell those rather than have dozens of Silver Marios sit on store shelves. Their initial plan of producing fewer of the unpopular characters was fine, but they clearly saw that that plan needed tweaks after what happened Wave 1 soon after release. Instead, it seems like it's even more disproportionate now... I haven't even seen any of the Wave 4 figures on store shelves outside of Silver Mario, Pac-Man and the Splatton Boy/Girl.

Any unit that they don't sell that sits on store shelves is hurting their bottom line and any time a consumer over-pays for one on eBay is money they could have made (ie, said consumer might have purchased 2 Amiibo instead of 1 over-priced one).

I know there are more variables to it than what I'm saying but it's seriously frustrating. I wanted to get them all and had an easier time getting Marth, Villager and WFT than I did with fucking Pac-Man in Wave 4.
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till Mewtwo hits and inevitably Lucas. It's going to be a bloodbath with people trying to get those.

So you are buying into the hype. You are what we in the industry call "a sucker".....

.....I shouldn't talk though, I've bought way too many of these damn things. I bought a WFT at launch because WFT is awesome and I wanted to see what the hype as about, and I decided if they ever made a Ganondorf I'd get that too. And maybe Charizard/Kirby. Then I decided I might as well get all the Zelda ones. And fireball Mario looks cool. Ooh Yoshi and DK are on sale.... can't have DK without Diddy..... ugh fuck me. I haven't gone out of my way for amiibos and I don't have anything rare apart from WFT, but fuck I've bought too many of these fuckers. For whatever reason the people I play with really like them and it's easier to just put 8 amiibos into battle and let them unlock custom moves than it is to do it myself.

But if Nintendo pulls this bullshit again where custom moves have to be unlocked, I'm done. It's bad enough having to play through to unlock characters/stages, but it's fucking impossible to get the custom moves I want. Especially when I keep getting repeats :boxing:

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till Mewtwo hits and inevitably Lucas. It's going to be a bloodbath with people trying to get those.
FML. Like WFT and Ganondorf Mewtwo has quickly become one of my favorite characters, one that I'd legitimately buy no matter how common he is. It's gonna suck not getting him.

If I'm being honest, I'd probably say Mewtwo IS my favorite character. Between the way he plays and the nostalgia I have for Pokemon back when I used to play it that would probably be the one I'd get if I could only have one. fuck.

Last edited:
I don't have the receipts any more. The first one was from a gamestop in the mall that received 5. The other two came from an out of the way mall. They were limiting it to one per person. I had my son with me at the second gamestop and he bought one also. That's how we got the three. After talking to the managers none of the stores had preorders in store so if your gamestop told you that you got screwed and I would complain to corporate

yeah what sucks is the amiibo content for splatoon is actually really cool, but the figures mainly squid are near impossible to find in stores
I think most people have purchased for the sole intention of just having it or to resell. Personally, I just haven't gotten the game yet to utilize the figures which I fully intend to.

I got em because they actually look pretty nice, and I plan to get the game sooner or later and I know the figures would just get rarer regardless

bdw7eq.jpg

Another one bites the dust.  Got this today for $75 and having to build his computer.  I think I made out!  Oh and Robin shipped from Amazon too.

So you are buying into the hype. You are what we in the industry call "a sucker".....
I'd hardly say I was "a sucker"...I've come out pretty well on Amiibos. I was able to sell off some extra Marths and Villagers at the start. That alone paid for wave 1, 2, and 3 for me (I got them during a Best Buy buy 2 get 1 glitch).

On top of that, I enjoy using them in Smash Bros., and having them decorate my shelves. It's not like I can't afford them and am making an awful decision by buying them.

Damn... That night we did Walmart pre orders I was so frantic I messed up my address on my first order and didn't realize it. 3 pack, wario and charizard heading back to Walmart :(

Now I'll be on the hunt for those again unless they reship them back out to my correct address.

Once I can trade one of my DDD or my Lucario for a Greninja, I'll only be short Robin and Lucina for the rares from this wave. Huge thanks to Amonthar for selling me Ness for a very reasonable price, that was pretty amazing.

I've got a trade pending already actually, nevermind!

I came home to a nice empty shulk box in my drive way today. My first & only amiibo purchase i ordered months ago from GS.com and the mailman stuffs it in the mailbox so a thief can take it. Instead of walking 20 feet & putting it on the porch. Smh. Im pissed.

I came home to a nice empty shulk box in my drive way today. My first & only amiibo purchase i ordered months ago from GS.com and the mailman stuffs it in the mailbox so a thief can take it. Instead of walking 20 feet & putting it on the porch. Smh. Im pissed.
That's really weird and awful. I can imagine this prick stalking mail vehicles for boxes.

Scored a splatoon 3 pack at best buy in Richfield mn. They had 2 more if anyone's looking. Just watch out for the old dude running around in his underwear!

Scored a Gamecube Adapter at the Evansville, IN Best Buy. 3 of them left for my fellow Amiibro's.

There were also 2 Pac-Mans on shelf.

qDlpfHz.jpg

I don't get Craigslist sometimes, they value stuff off of eBay but don't have to pay the shipping or the fees. I lost all faith in humanity when I saw some guy pay $20 for PacMan in the parking lot.
It's the same type of lazy people that won't use banks, don't know their way around the internets, want what they want when they want it and can't plan purchases in advance.

Personally, I am just about done dealing with Craigslist, unless it's something like getting rid of appliances or furniture. Dealing with people on there is abysmal. Buncha garage salers.

The way things are going, you'd think there has to eventually be a second print of NA Villager seeing as they have already reprinted some of the others and also that Villager has already been reprinted in Japan. 

It is clear by now that they aren't concerned from a collector's standpointsince they don't plainly label reruns as separate editions or change the packaging at all.  Seems like a pretty bad idea to overpay more than $30 for anything on the aftermarket since everything but WFT and Villager keep popping up domestically. 

no way! ur mailman puts ur mail in the mailbox?

Just how big of a dang mail box do you have? My mailman drops everything on the porch if its larger than a 3dvd box set sized package.

It's the same type of lazy people that won't use banks, don't know their way around the internets, want what they want when they want it and can't plan purchases in advance.

Personally, I am just about done dealing with Craigslist, unless it's something like getting rid of appliances or furniture. Dealing with people on there is abysmal. Buncha garage salers.
Craigslist is like a sick obsession for me. I bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL with 4 games off of some guy for 120 bucks and then the next day I bought an aqua blue 3DS with 2 games for 30 bucks. But then the flipside to that is the guy selling a DSI with a cracked screen for 150 hah.

That's really weird and awful. I can imagine this prick stalking mail vehicles for boxes.
Probably just a punk kid.

no way! ur mailman puts ur mail in the mailbox?
If box is to big for the mailbox he shouldn't wedge it in smartass. Put it in the carport or on the porch. It was UPS anyway. No excuse for that.

Just how big of a dang mail box do you have? My mailman drops everything on the porch if its larger than a 3dvd box set sized package.
Its standard size. The UPS driver wedged the box in there. My neighbor said it was sticking out with the door wide open. smh.

After about 45min to finally get connected to GS customer service I explained what happened and found out ups delivered it. It shouldn't have been in the mailbox at all. They are sending a replacement. Awesome service. Ill just make sure I dont work overtime on this ones delivery date.

Best Buy on Howe Avenue in Cuyahoga Falls, OH had about two dozen Meta Knights on the shelf as of a couple of hours ago.  I grabbed the two best looking ones (one for me and one for a friend).  I definitely wasn't impressed with the paint job on Meta though, as about 80% of them were scratched and blotched with black marks.  I was lucky to get two flawless figures though. Hope that helps someone in the area out, though you may have to settle for a figure with poor painting.

im so glad all these reprint are showing up, and without any changes to them or the boxes. These are not supossed to be collectable toys, or rare figures.  They are meant to be additions to video games for children. In such they should be readily availible, and it looks like that may not be to far away.  Maybe nintendo finally realised that if they make more, they will sell more lol. 

Go go go. Meta knight finally hit bestbuy in Missouri. Some stores put meta knight out now and some don't till tomorrow morning. Call your best buy now. Independence still have 2 left. Lees summit may put out tomorrow! Every best buy should have 8 units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back